Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hammers in for Appiah and Emana.

Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Hammers in for Appiah and Emana. Empty Hammers in for Appiah and Emana.

Post by Deano Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:21 pm

Stephen Appiah has demanded that Fenerbahce accept our offer so he can talk to us. He has told them he wants to move to us and that the Premiership is where his future lies. ""West Ham United have expressed strong interest in me and I think Fenerbahce will have to listen to their offer".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Achille Emana:

Setanta.com can exclusively reveal that West Ham United are in the hunt for Toulouse star Achille Emana.

Alan Curbishley's summer spending shows no sign of slowing down after multi-million pound deals for Craig Bellamy, Scott Parker and Julien Faubert, and Toulouse midfielder Emana is the latest target to come into his sights.

The Cameroon international has long been linked with a move to Portsmouth, but any potential switch to the South Coast had been scuppered by work permit problems.

However, that has not dissuaded the Hammers from pursuing Emana after he played a prominent role in Toulouse finishing third in France last season.

The 25-year-old has told setanta.com that he is aware of the interest from Upton Park, and would be attracted by the chance to play in the Premier League.

"I was told about West Ham's interest a few days ago," Emana told setanta.com.

"For the moment, there is nothing concrete. But playing in England still interests me. When an English club wants you, it is hard to refuse.

"Their league is very challenging, one of the best, and more interesting than the French one."

However, Monaco could be ready to rival West Ham for Emana's signature, and the midfielder admits he would have to think carefully should both clubs firm up their interest.

"If I had to choose between West Ham and Monaco, I would have to think about it," Emana admitted. "There are different sporting stakes, there could be different financial conditions. I can't take a decision today (Wednesday).

"Of course Toulouse are qualified for the Champions League preliminary round. But my life isn't all about the Champions League.

"We did well last season, achieved great things with Toulouse. But if it is the time to go, then I will move on."
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Hammers in for Appiah and Emana. Empty Re: Hammers in for Appiah and Emana.

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Appiah would be a great buy !
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Can someone tell me about this Emana guy? I've heard him mentioned a few times....

Is he a DM, and AM or a winger?
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:16 pm

Appiah is quality, would be a great signing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:49 pm