Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
TheCrazy58
briz
chrissicross
Rosy
Allez les rouges
The Vermonster
Hlebagone
Deano
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Romford Pele
Lard
Batman
The-Frank-Tavern
anfield 1989
Calidad
DeLux
StevieG
Parks lives
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Rosicky
Tweesus
Sir Les
gone
A & K
SuperMario
Oleguerisntthatbad
The Pröfessör
Sheffield gunner
fcb
Cesc Soler
35 posters

CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia - Page 6 Empty Re: CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:42 pm

So Wenger gambled on playing a weak side and we will almost certainly have a tough game in the next round as a result. I'm not happy with the amount he has changed the side in the last two games and it has really cost us. This was a bad time to lose a game with so many tough away games coming up. It was always going to be tough for the likes of Traore tonight and it won't have done his confidence any good playing alongside a shaky defence and an exposed flank. I would have rathered two or three changes but retaining a strong core to the side. A number of defensive problems were exposed tonight and we will have to work hard on fixing them. Plus we have yet to look confident playing away in the CL since the 05/06 season.

Bendtner did well, although he inevitably tired without support and I thought Eboue and Eduardo looked bright going forward. The central midfield three were poor, especially Gilberto who has been worryingly off the pace (despite this being his third game in the last fortnight). Defence had a very uncomfortable night, and I hate to say it but Senderos is beginning to look out of his depth.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia - Page 6 Empty Re: CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia

Post by TheCrazy58 Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Evil or Very Mad

Though I can understand why we need to prioritise, this rankles - we didn't want to lose like that. I only saw the last 30 minutes but midfield were all bloody all over the place. We'd better be up for it against Villa on Saturday.

Did anyone see Poulsen grabbing Eboue by the collar?
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Poulsen and Eboue were winding each other up throughout the game and we should have had a clear penalty for a foul from Poulsen on Eboue.

Can't have any complaints about the result, we were completely outplayed once they got the equaliser. I can't understand why Wenger has played such weakened teams in the CL in the last couple of games, yet Diarra didn't play tonight despite the rest of the midfield playing very poorly. Our tactics put Traore under a lot of pressure, he was very exposed at times and D Alves in particular had far too much time and space to exploit. A very frustrating night and I just hope Fabregas is ok and Wenger stops playing such weak teams in this competition in the future.
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:09 pm

I'd say Navas caused more problems then Alves. Towards the end of the game Navas was attacking down the middle with Alves on the right causing problems for Arsenal's defence.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:14 pm

El Tiki Taka wrote:I'd say Navas caused more problems then Alves. Towards the end of the game Navas was attacking down the middle with Alves on the right causing problems for Arsenal's defence.

You're right, but I couldn't remember his name when I was writing my post so I just went with Alves. The point still remains that we gave Sevilla far too much space to attack, particularly down their right flank. We had three central midfielders who mostly tucked in (and did too little anyway) and it was too much to expect Eduardo to support Bendtner and still provide adequate defensive cover on the left. It left that side very exposed.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:18 pm

is there something wrong with Cesc? I thought he was just being rested

It was a big ask for Traore to cope with Alves and Navas and he had the rabbit in the headlight look from what little I saw. I didn't think Phil did any worse than he normally does but Denilson looked poor. Put out a Carling Cup team in the Champions League and this is what happens. Mad

OK, I'll stop moaning now. We now must keep our unbeaten record in the league.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:19 pm

Was Wenger sent to the stands?
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:19 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:
    El Tiki Taka wrote:I'd say Navas caused more problems then Alves. Towards the end of the game Navas was attacking down the middle with Alves on the right causing problems for Arsenal's defence.

You're right, but I couldn't remember his name when I was writing my post so I just went with Alves.
    The point still remains that we gave Sevilla far too much space to attack, particularly down their right flank. We had three central midfielders who mostly tucked in (and did too little anyway) and it was too much to expect Eduardo to support Bendtner and still provide adequate defensive cover on the left. It left that side very exposed.
    haha made me laugh:biggrin:
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 pm

Gilberto must go. He slows down our game too much and his passing is too limited. This was a sub-Carrick performance. Just shows how good Vieira had to be playing next to him and still dominating the midfield. A passive player whose only positive additions to the team iare hight and composure. Considering his replacements have adequate composure to play in the team he only adds hight. Sell him and Senderos and buy a decent back-up CD and a Winger ok. With that we should be fine.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:23 pm

Cesc came off because he felt some pain in his hamstring. It was a precaution and he was running normally, so hopefully he will be fine. Senderos was worse than usual, he did very little right tonight and as you say Denilson was disappointing. We need to recover quickly and get a good result against Villa now. We're not in a disastrous position in the CL, even if the last two results have been disappointing, and there are no guarantees that Sevilla will win away.

edit:

Rai, yes he was. Although I don't know why.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:30 pm

ballackthechristmasfatty wrote:haha made me laugh:biggrin:

As did the introduction to this messageboard at the top of the page which I can only assume you were responsible for! Laughing
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:35 pm

Raifael wrote:Was Wenger sent to the stands?

He had an argument with the fourth official.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 pm

Almunia - 6
    Hoyte - 6
    Touré - 7
    Senderos - 2
    Traoré - 5
    Eboué - 7
    Cesc - 6
    Gilberto - 4
    Denilson - 5
    Eduardo - 7
    Bendtner - 8

My two cents.

Senderos was woeful. I gave Traoré a 5, but in truth, he didn't do anything wrong; he was so isolated he had no chance.

If we're left during the ACON with Senderos stepping in for Touré, we can wave goodbye to the title.

Also, the failings of Gilberto were chronically evident tonight. Thank God Flamini has stepped up his game and we've signed Diarra, else we certainly wouldn't be sitting top of the table at the moment
    anfield 1989

Number of posts : 29
    Favourite Player : Casillas, Toure, Fabregas, Kaka, Klose.
    Registration date : 2007-09-24

Post by anfield 1989 Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:03 am

Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:Almunia - 6
    Hoyte - 6
    Touré - 7
    Senderos - 2
    Traoré - 5
    Eboué - 7
    Cesc - 6
    Gilberto - 4
    Denilson - 5
    Eduardo - 7
    Bendtner - 8

My two cents.

Senderos was woeful. I gave Traoré a 5, but in truth, he didn't do anything wrong; he was so isolated he had no chance.

If we're left during the ACON with Senderos stepping in for Touré, we can wave goodbye to the title.

Also, the failings of Gilberto were chronically evident tonight. Thank God Flamini has stepped up his game and we've signed Diarra, else we certainly wouldn't be sitting top of the table at the moment

Agree 100% with everything you've posted.

Toure, Eboue (surprisingly) and bendtner especially were exceptionally good.

Gilberto and Senderos (OMG seriously the guy is supposed to be getting better). He does well internationally but is not cut out for our 1st team I have to concede now. I'm worried when Toure goes to ANC. We are arguing with Ivory Coast as to when we will release him.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 am

god i fooking ahte sevilla their feigning injury antics, constant fouling gets on my t¡ts, they are the fooking bolton of spain. puta seville, puta seville.
    DeLux
    DeLux

Post by DeLux Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Marca's ratings - out of three

Palop 1; Alves 3, Fazio 2, Drago 3, Crespo 1; Keita 2, Poulsen 3, Adriano 1, Navas 3; Kanoute 1, Fabiano 3 (Kerzhakov 1)
    Jimenez 3

Almunia 1; Hoyte 1 (Sagna 1), Toure 1, Senderos 0, Traore 1; Gilberto 1, Cesc 2 (?) (Rosicky 0), Eboue 2 (Walcott 1), Denilson 1, Eduardo 2; Bendtner 3
    Wenger 1

Referee 0

Last edited by on Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 pm

gilberto 1 too many, cesc 1 too many, eboue 1 too many. drago 1 too many, wenger 1 too many. wot did the ref get?
    DeLux
    DeLux

Post by DeLux Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:54 pm

Agree with you on all except Drago. Every time Eboue got forward he had Crespo covered.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:56 pm

they got the ref right anyway he wasblooooody awful
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:08 pm

Steaua are out of Europe after the best game we played so far. But Slavia was incredible lucky.

The good thing is the trip to London will be just for fun and (some) pride.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:11 pm

Bad luck Gone. I saw some of the highlights and it looked like you were seriously unlucky.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Don't give a f@ck about this match, don't care who we draw next round, wouldn't risk injuries to key players, therefore my starting line-up would be:

Lehmann
    Hoyte Song Senderos Traore
    Eboue Diarra Denilson Eduardo
    Barazite Bendtner
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:00 pm

There's no way Lehmann will play again for us. IMO we'll try to go out and win. If we do, we're more likely to play teams like Schalke, Celtic and Roma (prays) as opposed to teams like Inter, Barca or MAdrid
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:13 pm

Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:There's no way Lehmann will play again for us. IMO we'll try to go out and win. If we do, we're more likely to play teams like Schalke, Celtic and Roma (prays) as opposed to teams like Inter, Barca or MAdrid

Er, Tweedle: “You will see Jens Lehmann in goal tomorrow,” said the Frenchman at Tuesday’s pre-match press conference. “This was decided three weeks ago so it is independent of anything else.”

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=485202&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Lehmann+and+Van+Persie+look+set+to+return
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:15 pm

Doh Laugh Gosh tweedle i bet you walk into doors at home.

Alumunia has been impressive i think, he's well due a rest, very surprised if Lehmann starts v chelsea <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:28 pm

Wenger is lying! I'm right ok
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Depends on how the match is for me. Don't know what to expect Steaua have nothing to win, BUT you get money for every point you earn in the CL (more than 1M me thinks; Steaua aren't as rich as we are), points for the UEFA club ranking & last but not least this is a great showcase match for all Steaua players wanting a contract in a big league.

If the match isn't that competitive, I wouldn't mind Robin taking part, otherwise I wouldn't gamble. Thinks matchfitness isn't as important as making sure he can play v Chelski. Robin wasn't match fit when he came on v The Mancs either didn't stop him from scoring (injury he picked up had nothing do with lack of matchfitness).

Think we should NOT risk anybody. Chelski Sunday is what it's about.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Arsenal Team:

Lehmann

Sagna . . . Senderos . . . Gallas . . . Traore

Walcott . . . Song . . . Denilson . . . Diaby

Bendtner . . . van Persie
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 pm

dodgy midfield looking line up
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:05 pm

L r d wrote:dodgy midfield looking line up
    indeed just predicted Dica will score in the matchdaythread. My sister is a better DMF than Song.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:51 pm