Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
TheCrazy58
briz
chrissicross
Rosy
Allez les rouges
The Vermonster
Hlebagone
Deano
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Romford Pele
Lard
Batman
The-Frank-Tavern
anfield 1989
Calidad
DeLux
StevieG
Parks lives
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Rosicky
Tweesus
Sir Les
gone
A & K
SuperMario
Oleguerisntthatbad
The Pröfessör
Sheffield gunner
fcb
Cesc Soler
35 posters

CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia

gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia - Page 7 Empty Re: CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia

Post by gone Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:24 pm

This is one of the worst seasons for us ever. No We where humiliated by the Arsenal kids.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia - Page 7 Empty Re: CL Group H Thread - Arsenal - Sevilla - Steaua - Slavia

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Bad luck Gone. I thought you were at least as good a side as Prague, yet in the end they were able to pick up points when it mattered. I didn't think you were humiliated last night. The first half was very one-sided and we deserved the win, but you had us worried on a few occasions at the end.

A quick question, it sounded like your fans were unhappy and whistling when you made your first substitution. Was there any reason for this?
    StevieG
    StevieG

Number of posts : 1039
    Supports : 1.Valencia C F. 2.Stockport County
    Favourite Player : David Villa , Joaquin
    Registration date : 2007-07-22

Post by StevieG Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:47 pm

i can't believe the media took it as a suprise arsenal getting beat in sevilla.
    any team will struggle there simple as
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:51 pm

StevieG wrote:i can't believe the media took it as a suprise arsenal getting beat in sevilla.

ok

some here were just using it as an opportunity to have a go at some of our squad players.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:51 pm

StevieG wrote:i can't believe the media took it as a suprise arsenal getting beat in sevilla.

True. It would have been a very tough game with a full-strength side playing, for the team we put out (eight changes from our full-strength lineup) it was always going to be an uphill task getting a result out there, regardless of their patchy league form this season. Losing to Sevilla isn't the reason we finished second in the group, dropping points in Prague was the crucial result.
    StevieG
    StevieG

Number of posts : 1039
    Supports : 1.Valencia C F. 2.Stockport County
    Favourite Player : David Villa , Joaquin
    Registration date : 2007-07-22

Post by StevieG Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:58 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:

True. It would have been a very tough game with a full-strength side playing, for the team we put out (eight changes from our full-strength lineup) it was always going to be an uphill task getting a result out there, regardless of their patchy league form this season. Losing to Sevilla isn't the reason we finished second in the group, dropping points in Prague was the crucial result.

exactly . tough draw for arsenal and liverpool next round.

for classy football terms barcelona and arsenal would be mouthwatering. i can't wait to see the draw
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:19 am

Sheffield gunner wrote:Bad luck Gone. I thought you were at least as good a side as Prague, yet in the end they were able to pick up points when it mattered. I didn't think you were humiliated last night. The first half was very one-sided and we deserved the win, but you had us worried on a few occasions at the end.

A quick question, it sounded like your fans were unhappy and whistling when you made your first substitution. Was there any reason for this?

I travelled I don't know many miles to see them play and I felt humiliated by the way some players played. No heart, nothing. Arsenal supporters singing "You're $h!t and you know it" was even worse.

Our first substitution was Romeo Surdu. A lot of our fans don't like him. That was the whistling for.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 am

Thanks for clarifying the whistling. Did you enjoy London and our new stadium? Sorry we couldn't offer more of an atmosphere, it was a bit flat in there throughout the match.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the game that much. You put in a much better performance than Prague did and the last twenty-five minutes saw a much better effort from your players. I guess your frustration owes a lot to your season as a whole rather than just that one match.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Yeah, London is great. The new stadium is fantastic. The atmosphere was flat and it was our fault as well. To many of our supporters came to the game because it's cool to do so. When ever me and my would get up to sing there where some people teling us to sit down.

You are right. The whole season was frustrating. We have the worst attack in history (17 goals in 18 games in the league) and problems with our owner.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:05 pm