Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
fcb
robert
S4P
COTR
Tweesus
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
11 posters

Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move Empty Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move
    Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
    Drogba appears unafraid to speak his mind
    Chelsea striker Didier Drogba's relationship with the club is set to be further tested after comments he has made about his move to Stamford Bridge.

Drogba, 29, joined Chelsea from Marseille for £24m in July 2004.

And, in a DVD about him released in France, he said: "I was disgusted. I realised that signing for Chelsea was disgusting. It's hard to explain."

Drogba recently backtracked on saying he wanted to leave Chelsea, who have declined to respond to the DVD.

Drogba added: "It's hard to understand because most of all, people see the financial side, or even the sporting side. But I simply wasn't happy."

It is unclear when the DVD - entitled 'The Incredible Destiny of Didier Drogba' - was recorded.

606: DEBATE
    Discuss this story

But Ivory Coast international Drogba talks candidly about not wanting to make the move to England from Marseille.

"I said to myself 'I couldn't give a damn' (that Marseille have accepted a bid)," he said.

"Maybe that's going to shock supporters of Chelsea, but I didn't want to leave.

"I even did some things that were almost absurd, in order not to go to Chelsea, such as during the medical.

"Going to the hospital in Paris, I was praying they would find a problem with my knee, or a problem with anything so the move would collapse."

Chelsea parted company with Jose Mourinho as manager earlier this season and prompted Drogba to question his future at the club in an interview with France Football magazine.

He said: "I want to leave Chelsea. Something is broken with Chelsea. The damage is big in the dressing room."

But he later issued an apology and stated: "I am a Chelsea player and will be 100% committed and supportive to my manager, my team-mates and the club.

"I will not be discussing my future any further until I meet privately with the club at the end of the season."

Laughing
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move Empty Re: Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:15 pm

These comments were just after José left. I'm sure after the football Chelsea have been playing of late, his opinions have changed a bit.

Its also arguable nowadays that Chelsea aren't a 'big' club, especially in relation to the two clubs you've named!

Barca are bigger, Inter maybe, but in the modern game Chelsea are now almost as big as they come. His comments aren't relating to the size of the club anyhow, quite the opposite in fact.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Tweedle wrote:These comments were just after José left. I'm sure after the football Chelsea have been playing of late, his opinions have changed a bit.

Its also arguable nowadays that Chelsea aren't a 'big' club, especially in relation to the two clubs you've named!

Barca are bigger, Inter maybe, but in the modern game Chelsea are now almost as big as they come. His comments aren't relating to the size of the club anyhow, quite the opposite in fact.

Actually, I copied this story from another forum. Those two big clubs were not something I mentioned. I saw it once I posted.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:These comments were just after José left. I'm sure after the football Chelsea have been playing of late, his opinions have changed a bit.

Actually, I copied this story from another forum. Those two big clubs were not something I mentioned. I saw it once I posted.

ok

These comments were from about three weeks ago. Since then Chelsea have really transformed and become a really enjoyable club to watch. If they carry on playing the football they have for the whole season then I'd be very surprised if Drogba is still pushing for a transfer!

Very unprofessional of him though.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:21 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

ok

These comments were from about three weeks ago. Since then Chelsea have really transformed and become a really enjoyable club to watch. If they carry on playing the football they have for the whole season then I'd be very surprised if Drogba is still pushing for a transfer!

Very unprofessional of him though.

Not only that, but I always thought Drogba enjoyed himself at Chelsea. After all, he is their star striker. It doesn't make any sense. I had read his interview that he gave to France Football, but this is really over the top!
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:50 pm

drogba has always been an idiot

these comments and lack of respect are no surprise at all

people call henry a diva... drogba is a hell of a lot worse
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:09 pm

I seriously doubt Drogba regrets joining Chelsea. He isn't the smartest chap and I'm not happy with some of the stuff he has said, but unless there is video evidence of this, I don't believe he said those quotes.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:19 pm

S4P wrote:I seriously doubt Drogba regrets joining Chelsea. He isn't the smartest chap and I'm not happy with some of the stuff he has said, but unless there is video evidence of this, I don't believe he said those quotes.

Just like the ' I sometimes cheat' or whatever it was comment Wink

Drogba just does not have much going on between his ears

He probably said every word of this
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:23 pm

COTR wrote:
    S4P wrote:I seriously doubt Drogba regrets joining Chelsea. He isn't the smartest chap and I'm not happy with some of the stuff he has said, but unless there is video evidence of this, I don't believe he said those quotes.

Just like the ' I sometimes cheat' or whatever it was comment Wink

Drogba just does not have much going on between his ears

He probably said every word of this

What he probably said was "I want to leave Chelsea." He may change his mind by the end of the season (after all, your captain made a similar U-turn) Wink.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:25 pm

I can't imagine him saying such on a DVD about his current employers. That would take special levels of stupidity, even for him.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:39 pm

I'm almost certain Lampard and him will move on next summer.
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U

Number of posts : 3621
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Patrice Evra
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:43 pm

kas wrote:I'm almost certain Lampard and him will move on next summer.

To Barca? Smile
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:43 pm

If any club can handle such losses, its Chelsea. They'll just go out and sign Ronaldinho and Villa.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Owen wrote:

To Barca? Smile

Drogba will go to whichever Italian club Mourinho joins...Lampard is a trickier situation. Maybe in his case I should have said "I'm almost certain Lampard will *look* to move on next summer".

Because apart from Juve or perhaps Valencia as a wild guess, I can't see anyone else interested in him, that would satisfy his massive wage demands.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:50 pm

Just about to post this with the title of " Drogba being a bigger cunt"
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:33 pm

Tweedle wrote: Since then Chelsea have really transformed and become a really enjoyable club to watch. If they carry on playing the football they have for the whole season then I'd be very surprised if Drogba is still pushing for a transfer!
    not today killed the game off completely at 2-0 v dull, v mourinho isc. and the 2nd goal should have beeb a throw in to wigan
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:20 pm

Drogba was worshipped when he was at Marseille. The club then sold him, when he wanted to stay. Understandably he didn't want to move to Chelsea.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:18 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:Drogba was worshipped when he was at Marseille. The club then sold him, when he wanted to stay. Understandably he didn't want to move to Chelsea.

Understandable. But not everybody is dumb enough to say so while they are under contract with the club being spoken of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:36 pm