Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate your players!

S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Rate your players! Empty Rate your players!

Post by S4P Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:23 pm

Pick the XI which you believe to be your teams best so far this season and then rate how you feel each player has done (plus an extra mention of the subs). Try to keep it fairly unbiased.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea:

--------------Cech
    Belletti--Carvalho--Alex--A Cole
    --------------Mikel
    ----------Essien--Ballack
    J Cole-------------------Anelka
    -------------Drogba

------------------------------------------------------------------

CECH - One poor mistake against Arsenal followed by an injury-hit performance against Aston Villa, other than that a phenomenal season from the big Czech so far. No keeper/player is invincible. A-

BELLETTI - Came in for 1/8 of Alves' price-tag and was maybe seen as some kind of a bit-part player (certainly not good enough to play for Chelsea). Has certainly exceeded expectations, scored a couple of tremendous goals and looked fairly solid at the back. C+

CARVALHO - A needless sending off against Aston Villa arguably cost us the three points. Otherwise he's been immaculate imo, picking up a couple of injuries on the way however. A

ALEX - Started slowly but has grown into the position. Scored some cracking goals for us too (all from outside the box). Competition will be high for a place when Terry returns and Ivanovic's fitness builds up. B

ASHLEY COLE - I suppose you can say he's done well overall, though he's had games where he's been dreadful. His best performance for a while today against the mighty Dirk Kuyt. C-

MIKEL - A harsh sending off against Everton, given that players often go unpunished for the kind of tackle he made (e.g. Didi Hamann today). Overall, he's shown a lot of maturity and stepped up when called upon. B-

ESSIEN - Has only played once since the beginning of December, due to a needless suspension after the red card v Derby. Once again a huge driving force though and his performances during the ACN looked promising. B- (due to lack of games since November it's hard to judge him really).

BALLACK - Been different class since his return. Didn't do so well today, though he improved the minute Frank Lampard departed (hint hint Wink). Got some important goals too and maybe should've added another today. B

JOE COLE - His end product has improved dramatically and has been heavily involved in nearly all our good play over the course of the season. Without a doubt one of the unsung heroes this season imo. B+

ANELKA - Hasn't had much playing time I'll admit, and hasn't been helped by the ACN. Leads the line well but I don't think he can play the lone role (maybe that's too harsh though. Who can play the role as well as Drogba?). Early days yet but I'm hoping to see more goals from him once he settles down. C

DROGBA - Has been hampered with injury and then the ACN. I'm certain that he'll be back to his best for the remainder of the season though.Still scored some vital goals though. C+

Rest of squad:

Cudicini - C
    Makelele - C+
    Shevchenko - D
    Lampard - C-
    Sidwell - D-
    Pizarro - E+
    Bridge - C
    Ferreira - D
    Kalou - C+
    Ben Haim - D-
    Terry - B