Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
lrdsucksgoats
Balls Grayson
Parks lives
7 posters

DIC agree Liverpool deal?

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

DIC agree Liverpool deal? Empty DIC agree Liverpool deal?

Post by Parks lives Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:23 am

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3145037,00.html

DIC are reportedly on the verge of completing their takeover of Liverpool.

According to The Daily Mirror, the Dubai International Capital group - the investment arm of the Dubai government - have reached an 'outline agreement' with current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to buy the club for around £460million.

The Mirror claims that 'sources in New York' have confirmed that a deal is in place, and could be completed by the middle of March.

DIC failed in their initial bid to buy Liverpool when Hicks and Gillett took over in 2007, but are now prepared to effectively double the Americans' money for the club.

Hicks and Gillett recently completed a £350million refinancing deal on the money they borrowed to buy the club, which left Liverpool saddled with around £105million of debt.

While Rafa Benitez has, to put it mildly, had his disagreements with Hicks and Gillett, the takeover might not be the best news for him after all.

Reports earlier this week suggested that DIC were not convinced that Benitez was the right man to take Liverpool forward, having been less than impressed with his public rows with the current owners.

Your Comments

ZintyD
    "what happened to all the fans putting 5k in a pot?"

ManWhoAskedWhy
    "KBILL, Obviously you never been to DUBAI, or have no clue what Dubai is all about to be saying and steriotyping the way you just did."

guerner54
    "im a liverpool fan and this is getting beyond a joke! summit needs to happen in world football cos the papers are goin to town on storys about liverpool!! LEAVE MY CLUB ALONE and leave RAFA alone!! "

guerillagorilla
    "Yator, what r u talking about? not everyone gets bought by impossibly rich oligarchs. how do u think the Glazers funded their takeover of Man U? and you really think Randy Lerner had hundreds of millions in cash sitting in his pocket? learn how it works first. DIC would be good news for the Pool, ultra-rich, actually like watching footy. would treat it like a toy a la Roman Chelski. cant be bad."

RobbieStyles
    "My beloved LFC has been pimped & whored for the money!!! When will it stop................"

KBill05
    "Yator.. the Glazers bought Man Utd almost entirely by factoring the debt against the clubs future revenue. Chelski is the exception to the rule, not the norm - very few people or companies pay actual cash for major assets in any field. Additionally what's to say DIC will be an improvementon the septics, yes they're cash rich, as the investment arm of Dubai DIC has circa 20 billion to invest in a wide range of industries and countries in an attempt to diversify their portfolio and spread risk with an eye on a future where oil won't be a sustainable export so they tick the box of being cash-rich but then they also represent a country and undemocratic ruling elite that refuses to recognise the existence of israel, won't allow women to drive and considers a father killing his daughter if she gets pregnant without being married as perfectly acceptable... do we really want them running LFC, doubt Yossi will be around long which might not be a great footballing loss but Rafa will be harder to replace."

timdibs
    "can we not wait till confirmed news??"

kingpin5
    "anyone else bored of hearing about the pool? what a load of rubbish. sack rafa, sack half the team, sack half the bored, rebuild and in about 10 years time ye can talk about winning the league again....like ye do every year."

Mark07968
    "Lets all get on the big red rollercoaster again wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

coloneldecker
    "I don't know if DIC will actually be any better than the yanks but I think Rafa goin would be a step in the right direction. He's done loads for the club but his stubborness and messin with the team has gone too far now and it's holding us back. This story could so easily be a work of utter fiction though, 'sources in New York' is so conviniently vague."
    Balls Grayson
    Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
    Supports : Italy, Spain
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

DIC agree Liverpool deal? Empty Re: DIC agree Liverpool deal?

Post by Balls Grayson Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:15 pm

DICK posts speculation about DIC deal.

We really need to get some rules about which sites we source.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:31 pm

I don't recognise the existence of Israel.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Really?

here it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

DIC agree Liverpool deal? Israelmap
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:23 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:Really?

here it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

DIC agree Liverpool deal? Israelmap

If you accept Wikipedia as the definitive source for your reality, so be it. But I don't. I don't accept the UN either.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Parks lives wrote:The Mirror claims that 'sources in New York' have confirmed that a deal is in place, and could be completed by the middle of March.

Puro's boys from Brookyln? It must be true then!
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:26 pm

TheEndasWeKnowIt wrote:I don't recognise the existence of Israel.

cheers
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:27 pm

TheEndasWeKnowIt wrote:If you accept Wikipedia as the definitive source for your reality, so be it. But I don't. I don't accept the UN either.

I take your point but hyperlinks to reality are not yet possible, as far as I know.

I can believe that you don't accept the legitimacy of the state of Israel or the UN, but to deny their existence altogether....
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Do Liverpool fans on here want the american cowboys to pull out and let dic cum?
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:32 pm

We all want stability, something we've lacked with the Americans that is certain, whether DIC are any better? who knows...
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:
    TheEndasWeKnowIt wrote:If you accept Wikipedia as the definitive source for your reality, so be it. But I don't. I don't accept the UN either.

I take your point but hyperlinks to reality are not yet possible, as far as I know.

There is no reality.

I can believe that you don't accept the legitimacy of the state of Israel or the UN, but to deny their existence altogether....

I didn't deny the existence of Israel, I said that I didn't recognise it. Just as I don't recognise US/UK legitimacy in Iraq and consequently am all in favour of the 'insurgency', seeing it as justified defence against an occupying tyrant.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Well there is a reality, but its not conventional and everybody has the right to describe what is reality to them.

ok

Just poking my nose in Smile
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:41 pm

Football Genius wrote:Well there is a reality, but its not conventional and everybody has the right to describe what is reality to them.

If there is no reality then there are no rights governing what people can and cannot say about it. And there is no reality.

ok

Get back to your own reality and stop invading mine.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:52 pm

TheEndasWeKnowIt wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:Well there is a reality, but its not conventional and everybody has the right to describe what is reality to them.

If there is not a common reality then there are no rights governing what people can and cannot say about it. And there is no reality.

ok

Get back to your own reality and stop invading mine.

That's more like it, you need united acceptance or at least tolerance to sustain a common reality.

I think ultimately what your pointing out however, is that every man must have his own mind, rather than all this reality talk.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    That's more like it, you need united acceptance or at least tolerance to sustain a common reality.

You also need a thing for them all to be accepting or tolerating, which there isn't, so there is no common reality.

I think ultimately what your pointing out however, is that every man must have his own mind, rather than all this reality talk.

Keep your tawrdy liberal relativistic hootnanny out my reality. Just as there is no thing in itself, there is nothing we can safely or meaningfully call an 'individual'. To define myself I'd have to be able to step outside myself and draw a line around myself, which I cannot do.

Philosophy, in the sense of a rational endeavour, is dead. Likewise science. Both have other uses, of course.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:02 pm

They buy into the capitalistic life style, the cars, house, tv's, more importantly basic comodies hot / cold water, fuel etc...

This is the common reality i was referring to. All goes back to economics and driving money into the pockets of certain people - who ultimately have the freedom which so many work their pathetic lives away trying to achieve.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:01 pm