Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
robert
Fey
blutgraetsche
DS
Machiavel
Kimbo
gone
COTR
Calidad
Parks lives
Lesley
Pierre Littbarski
L.r.d
Ä
Deano
Isco Benny
fcb
Yef
Kroos
23 posters

germany vs. manutd, who would win

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

germany vs. manutd, who would win - Page 3 Empty Re: germany vs. manutd, who would win

Post by Machiavel Mon May 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Well he hasn’t been defending well this season, has he? God how Fabregas ran circles around him. Manchester United midfield will never let Fabregas do that. WG.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

germany vs. manutd, who would win - Page 3 Empty Re: germany vs. manutd, who would win

Post by blutgraetsche Mon May 26, 2008 10:58 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    Huh, what achievement am I belittling?

If anything this stupid thread is belittling the achievements of club football-

United are champions of Europe. What are Germany?

If someone English had compared England to Bayern in 2001, please explain to me your own reaction.

I stand by the fact that I would ALWAYS expect the best club sides in the World to beat the national sides.

The days before the Champions League are quite irrelevant if you ask me, unless you are suggesting club football is still like it used to be?

Look at the depth of the big club squads - please dont tell me Germany can compete. Only perhaps Brazil can realistically, and even then thats unlikely

???

I clearly said what I think about this thread, in my first posting, you probably missed that. Rolling Eyes

And your "ALWAYS" comment is exactly what I have questioned also, for the reasons explained. That is no 'fact' you can stand by, because the teams have not played against each other, and Manchester United have not beaten every national team on earth, and the martians too while they were at it.

Is it me, or are the United fans themselves (with the exception of rai) way more level headed and relaxed about their team than the 'outsiders'? It's not them who claim their team to be out of this world at least... Very Happy

P.S.: Even if you (predictably) don't rate the German players, and don't believe them to be "able to compete", you'd still have to acknowledge that not only Brazil can compete with the biggest clubs when it comes to depth. Italy and France are other obvious examples.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Mon May 26, 2008 11:00 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Is it me, or are the United fans themselves (with the exception of rai) way more level headed and relaxed about their team than the 'outsiders'? It's not them who claim their team to be out of this world at least... Very Happy

Whatcha talkin bout, Blut
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Mon May 26, 2008 11:01 pm

I don't get this debate

did anybody on here actually watch ManU in the CL, I wonder

they really were POOR

in the final alone they were dreadful apart from the first 20 minutes

is bernd really trying to argue that the Mannschaft is just as bad

the mind boggles
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon May 26, 2008 11:09 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:
    Huh, what achievement am I belittling?

If anything this stupid thread is belittling the achievements of club football-

United are champions of Europe. What are Germany?

If someone English had compared England to Bayern in 2001, please explain to me your own reaction.

I stand by the fact that I would ALWAYS expect the best club sides in the World to beat the national sides.

The days before the Champions League are quite irrelevant if you ask me, unless you are suggesting club football is still like it used to be?

Look at the depth of the big club squads - please dont tell me Germany can compete. Only perhaps Brazil can realistically, and even then thats unlikely

???

I clearly said what I think about this thread, in my first posting, you probably missed that. Rolling Eyes

And your "ALWAYS" comment is exactly what I have questioned also, for the reasons explained. That is no 'fact' you can stand by, because the teams have not played against each other, and Manchester United have not beaten every national team on earth, and the martians too while they were at it.

P.S.: Even if you (predictably) don't rate the German players, and don't believe them to be "able to compete", you'd still have to acknowledge that not only Brazil can compete with the biggest clubs when it comes to depth. Italy and France are other obvious examples.

Where is your usual level headedness Blut? This thread is a laughing stock - you've not even won anything yet but you're picking up on statements I have made but not denouncing this original comparison Biggrin

United are not out of this World, but when was the last time a National side could claim to be?

Since the Champions League conception, Im certain if you compared the top international sides with the top club sides, there is every reason to claim a head to head would finish in favour of the club sides.

My original statement that United would DEFINITELY win was actually a knee jerk reaction to the Germania sweeping these boards, so I'll retract it and say that I would have them as favourites.

Should Germany win the Euros, then lets return and carry on this duel.

Otherwise, I'll leave it for now -

in the words of Ron Burgundy : agree to disagree Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon May 26, 2008 11:14 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:I don't get this debate

did anybody on here actually watch ManU in the CL, I wonder

they really were POOR

in the final alone they were dreadful apart from the first 20 minutes

is bernd really trying to argue that the Mannschaft is just as bad

the mind boggles

The mind boggles indeed - 60+ games, end of season, against another top quality side - the equivalent of Germany playing a side like Italy for example.

United were excellent all the way up to half time.

The second half was a tired team

Question for Otto:

Have Manchester United, despite playing so many games,

ever put in a performance - all season- like Germany did when losing 3-0 at home to the Czechs (still an important game to win the group)?

Have United ever lost at home 3-0 one wonders?

The mind indeed boggles how you come to your conclusion

Think about it <Ale> Biggrin
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 pm

Forget Germany, and compare United to Italia then, the current world champions (please no gay player to player comparions though). You are right, Germany haven't won anything, and are not "worthy".
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Mon May 26, 2008 11:23 pm

@bernd

now PURLEASE behave yourself and stop hyperventilating and I might

JUST MIGHT

get you a German girlfriend just as pretty as Schweini's

wahre G

problem is: German girls don't like wrinkles

so enough of those worries

relax

and good things will happen

think about it

lol!

as for ManU vs Germany

the German team is already fairly harmonious but obviously would need a few games to gel even more

in other words

ManU NOW vs Germany after four games with a settled team and the result for all future games would be pretty much clear

only at the beginning could an inferior league team unsettle a superior Mannschaft
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Mon May 26, 2008 11:29 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:

only at the beginning could an inferior league team unsettle a superior Mannschaft

Since when is Germany a league team? Doh
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Mon May 26, 2008 11:32 pm

Markus wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:Well, you can doubt that, but I can give you a quick historical example to prove you wrong. The German national team of the 1970s was better / stronger than the Bayern team that won the European Cup three times in a row, because it had the strongest Bayern and Mönchengladbach players (Gladbach won the league more often in the 70s than Bayern) in a very balanced and coherent unit. It had more individual class, and the same level of coherency.

Gerd Müller said that the best team he ever played for was the 1970 WC team, and not Bayern, for example. You simply can't make an 'absolute' claim like that Bernd, it all depends on the team, the players and the coach. Club teams are not 'better' per se.

One example, I give you one as well.

The Ajax team of the early 70s was much much better than the Dutch team of the same period. WG

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue May 27, 2008 2:14 am

Gone wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:And lets not forget -

the comparison here is of European Champions against what?

What exactly are we comparing here?

Compare United to Italy (World Champs) would be fairer, and I still believe United would be favourites to win.

--------------Buffon
    Zambrota--Nesta--Rio---Evra
    ----Gattuso--Pirlo--De Rossi
    -----------Totti--C.Ronaldo
    ---------------Toni

I think Italy would win.
    Very Happy

lol!

Plus De Rossi who has been absolute gash every time he's faced us. I wouldn't pay for Zambrotta either. Erm

The only one's I'd take are Buffon, Toni and Totti now Scholes is coming to the end of his career.

Nesta's great but why would we break up one of the best partnership in Europe.

Buffon
    Neville, Rio, Vidic, Evra
    Carrick, Hargreaves
    Ronaldo, Totti, Rooney
    Toni
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Tue May 27, 2008 2:32 am

Buffon

Oddo Vidic Rio(Or Nesta Canna, makes no difference to me) Evra

De Rossi Scholes

Ronaldo Totti Rooney

Toni
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue May 27, 2008 6:08 am

Oddo has been $h!t for Milan this year.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Tue May 27, 2008 6:17 am

Gone wrote:

Compare United to Italy (World Champs) would be fairer, and I still believe United would be favourites to win.

--------------Buffon
    ---------------Toni

I think Italy would win.
    Very Happy

Rooney > Totti
    Hargreaves > Gattuso
    Scholes > Pirlo
    True story.

Like you are not a fan of people you don't watch often i guess some central midfielders, im not one of De Rossi either, but will allow him since people say he plays very well most times. Never seen him do so myself except against R.Madrid(think so anyway).
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 am

totti and nesta are no italien internatinals anymore

totti is useless on the hightest stage, same for rooney, but he is still young
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue May 27, 2008 6:41 am

Markus wrote:Zambrotta - circa 2004, yes

I'd still take him, poor clearances straight to Scholes and all, over Wes Brown. Having Gary Neville there is a bit silly since he hasn't played for a year and a half and for all we know he could be as bad as Salgado by now.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Tue May 27, 2008 6:45 am

Toni Kroos wrote:

Rooney? Come on this guy was amazing v Milan in the semi final last year, also had a great euro 2004 before an injury. He cant be classed like Totti, see how he does in future big events.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue May 27, 2008 8:56 am

Parks lives wrote:
    Gone wrote:

--------------Buffon
    ---------------Toni

I think Italy would win.
    Very Happy

lol!

Plus De Rossi who has been absolute gash every time he's faced us. I wouldn't pay for Zambrotta either. Erm

The only one's I'd take are Buffon, Toni and Totti now Scholes is coming to the end of his career.

Nesta's great but why would we break up one of the best partnership in Europe.

Buffon
    Neville, Rio, Vidic, Evra
    Carrick, Hargreaves
    Ronaldo, Totti, Rooney
    Toni

Are you talking this year's form or overall? Because this year Gattuso has been, well not that good. In that case I'll put Ambrosini there.

Ambrosini > Carrick and Hargreaves

think about it Laughing
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue May 27, 2008 10:53 am

Who is Ambrosini ?
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 am

Toni Kroos wrote:totti and nesta are no italien internatinals anymore

hmm..klose fits this bill better than any..and he isnt young..
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 pm

Manchester United will KILL Germany easily

Ronaldo v Jansen .. Jansen better pray to God he does not start against Portugal.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Man United vs Germany isn't fair :

Man United play with a goalkeeper !

Think about it Ale
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 pm

M
    a
    n

U
    t
    d

p
    l
    a
    y

w
    i
    t
    h
    a

s
    t
    r
    i
    k
    e
    r

t
    h
    i
    n
    k

a
    b
    o
    u
    t

i
    t

:
    a
    l
    e
    :
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 pm

S4P wrote:M
    a
    n

U
    t
    d

p
    l
    a
    y

w
    i
    t
    h
    a

s
    t
    r
    i
    k
    e
    r

t
    h
    i
    n
    k

a
    b
    o
    u
    t

i
    t

:
    a
    l
    e
    :
    lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:21 pm