Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Onur 1905
Antarion
Z&H
Romford Pele
Deluded F*ck™
Chocolate Thunder
Pierre Littbarski
TheCrazy58
Parks lives
toon h
forza_rossi
The Easter Bunny
debaser
Protheus
110%
Rasiak-9
Rosicky
Football Genius
Historicus
COTR
Sheffield gunner
Black Magic
anglophileHedgehog
Calidad
Kimbo
L.r.d
Enigma
Super Progress
Machiavel
blutgraetsche
DS
Luis
DD
Khadrim
gone
Dwarf
bluenine
fcb
Ricardo Jol
TITO
44 posters

Croatia Vs. Turkey

Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Croatia Vs. Turkey - Page 8 Empty Re: Croatia Vs. Turkey

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:21 am

Croatia can complain about time added and fans can praise Turks never say die attitude.

It was the easiest ball in the world to defend Croatia fucked up and the shot was deflected - I don't see how it tells us anything positive about Turkey scratch

Are you telling me that if Rustu hadn't been Turkish he would have kicked it sideways off the pitch rrather than aim for the box ?

Even Robbo would have done that.

Deflection v Swiss

Clanger from Cech (arguably 2)

The ball fell kindly and a deflection v Croatia.

Arda and Tuncay out of the semi so it looks like their luck has run out and ze Jarmans have a bye to the final.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:21 am

onurgs1905 wrote:Scurvy crotians ! Two Turks were killed in Vienna at yesterday night! Mad

Link ?
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:32 am

Bashmachkin wrote:I think it was a huge shame last night, one of the most unjust matches I've seen. Croatia were very unfortunate not to be ahead by a couple by the end of normal time. And there was a most blatant foul in the build up to Turkey's goal - from the free kick Rustu lofted long, a Turkish player just dived straight into two Croatian defenders and took them out. The referee just bottled a decision - and this is besides the issue of Crotia failing to get their substitute on the pitch, besides the issue of whether any extra time should have been played.

I thought Turkey would make it out of the group stage, and they did so, but I'm only losing respect for their game despite the fact that they have some really talented players. They are very negative - their coach left out a number of strikers from the squad; in the game against the Czechs, they only came into it via two mistakes; last night their equalizing goal shouldn't have stood. And they're dirty in every way, fouling a lot and playing for free kicks.

The Croatians would have given Germany a game, and I wouldn't have considered either team favourites going into such a semi final. But, especially with all their suspensions, I think Turkey will be thrashed against Germany. I'm going for 5-0.

I wouldn't call it unjust. If a team scores in the last minute it always seems unjust, but croatia simply didn't do enough semselves. So, they had one or two big chances by Olic, but that doesnt mean its unjust that they lose.
    They should have forced it more.
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Number of posts : 243
    Supports : Galatasaray
    Favourite Player : Hagi, Arda, Kewell
    Registration date : 2007-12-02

Post by Onur 1905 Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    onurgs1905 wrote:Scurvy crotians ! Two Turks were killed in Vienna at yesterday night! Mad

Link ?

I watched on TV

Everybody saw crotians who picked quarrel with Turks.

Today Christian Stella, who is chief constable of Vienna, havent holded with this claim.He said that we researh into these events
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:35 am

I don't know why people are saying the Turks didn't deserve it there was only one team in it in extra-time. And if Cechs clanger was lucky so was Rustu going walkabout
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Luis wrote:The Turks will win.

Told you all <Ale>
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:47 pm

I thought Croatia were the better team, and in normal time at least, and so for the majority of the match, they were the more attacking of the two sides - neither went gung ho, but the Croations filtered men forward when they attacked, attacked with more intent, and had chances that they should have done better from.

I think what makes the outcome of the game entirely unjust is that there was a foul in the build up to the Turkish goal:

http://101greatgoals.magnify.net/item/66MDP7GMGVRV0DVF

There's a Turkish player who just dives into two Croatians in the box and takes them out, without making any attempt to go for the ball.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Fidel wrote:How does one earn luck?

Actually blut, never mind. You're clearly on some sort of quasi-nationalistic bandwagon.

You earn luck by believing in yourself and never giving up, even against a superior opponent. And you deserve to get beaten by not using your chances, and being too passive in 120 minutes.

Didn't know I'm Turkish, but you'll explain my 'quasi-nationalistic bandwagon' with some Zionist conspiracy theory I suppose.
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:10 pm

The player on the floor is turkish neither Croatian went to head the ball they just stood there waiting for it. The two Croats got in each others way . There were four Croatians around the ball but Semih was the one who latched on to it.
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:16 pm

I am absolutely devastated that Turkey are through. I don't think I hate any team more in the European Championship than Turkey. Completely no skill, horrible technically. Just have a lot of heart. Awful Awful day yesterday. Just awful.

Poor Croats. Olic's miss was so shocking. Great team though, and hopefully they do much better at WC2010.
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Post by Onur 1905 Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:19 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I am absolutely devastated that Turkey are through. I don't think I hate any team more in the European Championship than Turkey. Completely no skill, horrible technically. Just have a lot of heart. Awful Awful day yesterday. Just awful.

you dont know the football!

horrible technically Suspect

ignorant person Exclamation

i want to see while you were saying : "mamma li turchi" Smile

Last edited by onurgs1905 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I am absolutely devastated that Turkey are through. I don't think I hate any team more in the European Championship than Turkey. Completely no skill, horrible technically. Just have a lot of heart. Awful Awful day. Just awful.

"Completely no skill?"

Where does this Turkey hatred come from on here? Shouldn't you guys be concentrating on Germany instead? Very Happy

It amazes me how nobody seems to give the Turks some credit, a rather 'small' footballing nation compared to others, for whom reaching the semi finals in this strong tournament is a great achievement already, and who have a good chance to make it to the final even.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Whilst I don't like Turkey, their 'never say die' attitude reminds me of Liverpool in the champions league, particularly in the 04/05 season when we won it, so I admire them but I think Germany will be too strong for them as they have injuries, suspensions and I think they may have used up all their adrenalin, 2 or 3-0 to Germany I think.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:25 pm

onurgs1905 wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I am absolutely devastated that Turkey are through. I don't think I hate any team more in the European Championship than Turkey. Completely no skill, horrible technically. Just have a lot of heart. Awful Awful day yesterday. Just awful.

Can you name me one player on the Turkish team that can boast any sort of technical skill of note? Turan? Tuncay? There was so much hype about Tuncay, but he has no clue what he is doing. Even my Turkish friends admit that this is a mediocre team that seems to have kidnapped lady luck for the tournament.

Nihat Kahveci is a good, solid player, however.

I admit that Croatia have themselves to blame, but Turkey are just painful to watch. This kick-it-and-hope philosophy of your team will hopefully get found out in the semis, and Germany will stuff Turkey (sorry I couldn't resist).

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:28 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I am absolutely devastated that Turkey are through. I don't think I hate any team more in the European Championship than Turkey. Completely no skill, horrible technically. Just have a lot of heart. Awful Awful day. Just awful.

"Completely no skill?"

Where does this Turkey hatred come from on here? Shouldn't you guys be concentrating on Germany instead? Very Happy

It amazes me how nobody seems to give the Turks some credit, a rather 'small' footballing nation compared to others, for whom reaching the semi finals in this strong tournament is a great achievement already, and who have a good chance to make it to the final even.

I guess I can be happy for the Turkish people, who deserve this joy, but this team deserves nothing.

And Croatia are a far smaller footballing nation than Turkey.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Have you seen Tuncay play ? He is a joy to watch.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:30 pm

onurgs1905 wrote:

lol! lol!

They did have this headline.

Anyway congrats to you. But I am not happy for Terim and his boys. Evil or Very Mad
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Croatia are in no way 'smaller' than Turkey when it comes to football tradition. Croatia are part of the former Yugoslavia, a former European football power house.

The Turkish league is better these days, no doubt. But Turkey's rise in football began 2 decades ago earliest (impressive development btw.), while ex-Yugoslavia was a force to reckon with as long as European football exists.

Last edited by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

"Completely no skill?"

Take a guess. Croatia had every chance of beating Germany due to their superior skill, Turkey on the other hand have got to hope for luck, more luck than even the Germans, something which is unheard of.

So here we have a German team that has shown nothing all tournament, that was dicked by Croatia, outplayed for large periods of the game against Austria, and beat Portugal because Ricardo and Ferreira got brain freeze AND they scored an illegal goal. Yet they will make the final.
    Z&H
    Z&H

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2007-03-30

Post by Z&H Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Croatia was a better team. Agreed. But what has happened to them in the crucial game? A month before the tourney started, Niko Krancjar gave an interview to the Polish paper “Gazeta Wyborcza” saying that we have no chance in the group stages (and especially against the Croats) as they have better players, high morale and the winners mentality. They gained confidence beating England at home and now they’re afraid of nobody. Fair point about the quality of our players but ….

Look at them in the group stages. The win against Austria was very inconvincing. Only 1-0 and the second half the Austrians hardly ever left their opponents half. If only were they able to score…but luckily for the Croats they weren’t.

The second game against Germany I didn’t watch unfortunately so I can’t say if Croatia was so good or just Germans very bad. Having read your comments though I think it’s the latter.

The third game against us was una pura formalita. They played their B team saving best players for quarterfinals. The win was deserved and we were shite. I was even glad that it was Klasnic who scored considering all he’s been through.

They rested. They were mentally strong, didn’t have injuries,better at footballing skills, more creative. So what the f@ck happened? Where has their winner mentality gone? Did they party too much, underestimate their rival or were they just overrated ,self-conceited team? Their scoring ability in this game on a par with the Austrians overall the tourney and not to forget that it was Rustu, who was living la vida loca in goal, not mention key injuries to the Turks. Question
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Post by Onur 1905 Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    onurgs1905 wrote:

Even my Turkish friends admit that this is a mediocre team that seems to have kidnapped lady luck for the tournament.

Luck?
    No!
    This is the belief

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 pm

DS wrote:Have you seen Tuncay play ? He is a joy to watch.

For Middlesbrough he may be decent. But honestly yesterday, I cannot remember one thing he did of note. That may also be partially attributed to how soporific 99% of the game was. Perhaps I was sleeping, but from what I do remember his skill is no match for his industry.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Because he is the link to their attack rather then the 2nd attacker role which is his natural , he is doing the most yards covered in the tournament so he is giving his gut out of the team and Turks are a pretty skillful not to say a toothless and an ineffective attacking third team.
    They way they keep the ball , move their problem is their decision making mentality to attack rather then skill.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Take a guess. Croatia had every chance of beating Germany due to their superior skill, Turkey on the other hand have got to hope for luck, more luck than even the Germans, something which is unheard of.

So here we have a German team that has shown nothing all tournament, that was dicked by Croatia, outplayed for large periods of the game against Austria, and beat Portugal because Ricardo and Ferreira got brain freeze AND they scored an illegal goal. Yet they will make the final.

lol!

Aah, now I see where the hatred comes from. So it's basically just a ersatz for the Germany hatred. Preach on then, your completely clueless 'analysis' is well worth it. Very Happy

Last edited by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Zizinhohakker wrote:Croatia was a better team. Agreed. But what has happened to them in the crucial game? A month before the tourney started, Niko Krancjar gave an interview to the Polish paper “Gazeta Wyborcza” saying that we have no chance in the group stages (and especially against the Croats) as they have better players, high morale and the winners mentality. They gained confidence beating England at home and now they’re afraid of nobody. Fair point about the quality of our players but ….

Look at them in the group stages. The win against Austria was very inconvincing. Only 1-0 and the second half the Austrians hardly ever left their opponents half. If only were they able to score…but luckily for the Croats they weren’t.

The second game against Germany I didn’t watch unfortunately so I can’t say if Croatia was so good or just Germans very bad. Having read your comments though I think it’s the latter.

The third game against us was una pura formalita. They played their B team saving best players for quarterfinals. The win was deserved and we were shite. I was even glad that it was Klasnic who scored considering all he’s been through.

They rested. They were mentally strong, didn’t have injuries,better at footballing skills, more creative. So what the f@ck happened? Where has their winner mentality gone? Did they party too much, underestimate their rival or were they just overrated ,self-conceited team? Their scoring ability in this game on a par with the Austrians overall the tourney and not to forget that it was Rustu, who was living la vida loca in goal, not mention key injuries to the Turks. Question

It's simple: they switched off after scoring and Turkey got the bounce they needed. Oh and Olic was trying to do his best Gomez impersonation.

@blut- My Turkey aversion has nothing to do with Germany. It is its own entity. And, yes, Croatia are a smaller footballing nation than Turkey, not to mention a smaller country in general. They were part of former Yugoslavia but I am considering them more on their own.

Last edited by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Post by Onur 1905 Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:37 pm

onurgs1905 wrote:

lol! lol!

Anyway congrats to you.

Finally, I wait for this.I thought you didn know to compliment
    Z&H
    Z&H

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2007-03-30

Post by Z&H Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:37 pm

But they scored a bit too late. Don't you think so? Biggrin
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:37 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:
    "Completely no skill?"

lol!

Aah, now I see where the hatred comes from. So it's basically just a ersatz for the Germany hatred. Preach on then, your completely clueless 'analysis' is well worth it. Very Happy

My analysis is 100% correct. I've watched every Germany game so far and they only impressed in the first half against Poland when their defenders were playing kamikaze football, in the 2nd half ofcourse Poland were better. As a German i don't expect you to like what i say, but it is a wahre geisha. <Ale>
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:39 pm

onurgs1905, don't take those comments to heart, this board has always been rather 'reluctant' to give credit to those who are not on their various agendas.

Congrats again btw., hope we'll have an amazing semi final, and that the fans on both sides will enjoy it peacefully together. Ale

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:41 pm

onurgs1905 wrote:
    onurgs1905 wrote:

lol! lol!

Anyway congrats to you.

Finally, I wait for this.I thought you didn know to compliment

Well any nation would be happy to play the semi-finals. The Turkish people should go celebrate. I was talking more about the football.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:59 am