Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Onur 1905
Antarion
Z&H
Romford Pele
Deluded F*ck™
Chocolate Thunder
Pierre Littbarski
TheCrazy58
Parks lives
toon h
forza_rossi
The Easter Bunny
debaser
Protheus
110%
Rasiak-9
Rosicky
Football Genius
Historicus
COTR
Sheffield gunner
Black Magic
anglophileHedgehog
Calidad
Kimbo
L.r.d
Enigma
Super Progress
Machiavel
blutgraetsche
DS
Luis
DD
Khadrim
gone
Dwarf
bluenine
fcb
Ricardo Jol
TITO
44 posters

Croatia Vs. Turkey

DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Croatia Vs. Turkey - Page 9 Empty Re: Croatia Vs. Turkey

Post by DS Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    onurgs1905 wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    onurgs1905 wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I am absolutely devastated that Turkey are through. I don't think I hate any team more in the European Championship than Turkey. Completely no skill, horrible technically. Just have a lot of heart. Awful Awful day yesterday. Just awful.

you dont know the football!

horrible technically Suspect

ignorant person Exclamation

i want to see while you were saying : "mamma li turchi" Smile

lol! lol!

Anyway congrats to you.

Finally, I wait for this.I thought you didn know to compliment

Well any nation would be happy to play the semi-finals. The Turkish people should go celebrate. I was talking more about the football.

Please no more.
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Number of posts : 243
    Supports : Galatasaray
    Favourite Player : Hagi, Arda, Kewell
    Registration date : 2007-12-02

Post by Onur 1905 Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:43 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Congrats again btw., hope we'll have an amazing semi final, and that the fans on both sides will enjoy it peacefully together. Ale

i hope so
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Khadrim wrote:The player on the floor is turkish neither Croatian went to head the ball they just stood there waiting for it. The two Croats got in each others way . There were four Croatians around the ball but Semih was the one who latched on to it.

The Croatians weren't particularly strong or organised here, but still, the two Croatian defenders marking the eventual scorer of the goal are impeded by the Turk who dives into them without any attempt to reach the ball. By impeding I think its Simunic in particular, he at least gives Senturk, who the ball drops to, more space than he would otherwise have had. And whatever, whether the Croatian defenders did well or not, whether they were in suitable positions or not, the Turkish player still commits a foul by jumping into them.

In general, like I say, the Turkish do have some really talented players. They are not very clinical, but their technique in attack is excellent, and they can play a nice passing game. Arda Turan has been one of the stars of the tournament so far, he looks very skillful and confident on the ball, and I'd like him at Newcastle; I thought Emre gave a superb passing performance in Turkey's first game; Nihat is a talented player, and his strike against the Czechs was fantastic. I don't think Hamit or Tuncay have really performed - Hamit has been playing out of position, and yesterday Tuncay wasn't strong enough on the ball. And I'm not inclined to be impressed by Turkey's supposed 'heart' and 'never say die attitude', because I see instead a team that has been overly negative in matches, and has then succeeded via the mistakes of others, and yesterday via a goal that contained a foul within it.

If anything, I was inclined to support and back Turkey in this tournament against most teams - but their negativity and their fouling hasn't impressed me; I don't think they deserved to go through from yesterday's game; and I think they will be beaten very comfortably by Germany - which isn't what I expect from a semi-final.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Turan would be superb for you guys as that is the area you are looking to improve.
    Their attitude is the problem being negative rather then their skill.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:42 pm

I disagree, and don't think that it will be a walk in the park for us, despite those players Turkey will be missing. People seem to underestimate the emotional factor of this match, especially for the Turks. Every Turkish player will fight for their life in the match against us, and we all know what great fighters they are, as they have proven repeatedly in this tournament.

This is a cup competition, anything can happen.

P.S.: You may not believe me, but from the German perspective, I would have prefered to play against Croatia in the semis.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Post by Bashmachkin Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Yes, Turan would be great. I'm still hoping for Arshavin, though given his situation with Zenit, and given that other clubs seem increasingly interested in him, that opportunity has maybe passed.

That's hard to take, given that I genuinely believe that, with two £10-12 million bids a few weeks before the Euros, we could have Arshavin and Turan already at the club. We have known about Arshavin, been more or less interested, since before Christmas - he has suggested several times that he'd be more than happy with a move to Newcastle - and yet we haven't been insightful enough, we haven't moved quickly enough, and now the opportunity is probably lost. With Turan, we supposedly bid around £9 million for him before the tournament; Galatasaray wanted a couple of million more and we didn't pay it - and now as the tournament goes on his price only rises.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:49 pm

I dont understand why people are so much against Turkey. Croatia were only marginally the better side imo. neither side were impressive at all and they didnt attack well at all. they both made this a boring match. i remember a stat that said 14-14 in commited fouls so where does all this turks being dirty come from?
    I dont really had a one team of the two i liked more then the other allthough i thought Turkey would win it. i like it that they have come back several times.even if you dont like their style of play then people must see that it is teams like Turkey that gives the surprise that we love in football. also it should be remembered that Turkey were without several players against Croatia. and if Croatia really deserved to go throught they should have done more in 120 mins!
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Post by Bashmachkin Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:12 pm

Turkey have committed by far the most fouls in the competition thus far - 87 to second placed Croatias 69 - but more importantly, they have committed some bad fouls, and they have the bookings to show for it. And this is why their squad is so depleted, why they'll be without key players against Germany.

Like I say, I don't really admire their comebacks, I don't really think that they have proven themselves as fighters, because they've only fought once behind, and then it has been less their pressing or quality, more the mistakes of others that has seen them progress. Cech made two huge mistakes in the Turkey/Czech game; I don't think Turkey's goal yesterday should have counted. Again, I have no inherent prejudice against the Turkish team, but I think their approach is too negative, they've been hugely fortunate to progress so far, and they haven't played in the most pleasant manner - so they've put me off. I don't see them offering much in the semi final given their suspensions, and I don't like to see a semi final of a big competition that isn't a real contest.
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:Turkey have committed by far the most fouls in the competition thus far - 87 to second placed Croatias 69 - but more importantly, they have committed some bad fouls, and they have the bookings to show for it. And this is why their squad is so depleted, why they'll be without key players against Germany.

Like I say, I don't really admire their comebacks, I don't really think that they have proven themselves as fighters, because they've only fought once behind, and then it has been less their pressing or quality, more the mistakes of others that has seen them progress. Cech made two huge mistakes in the Turkey/Czech game; I don't think Turkey's goal yesterday should have counted. Again, I have no inherent prejudice against the Turkish team, but I think their approach is too negative, they've been hugely fortunate to progress so far, and they haven't played in the most pleasant manner - so they've put me off. I don't see them offering much in the semi final given their suspensions, and I don't like to see a semi final of a big competition that isn't a real contest.

Exactly. I really hope Germany annihilate Turkey 8-0.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Croatia only have themselves to blame. The referee didn't cost them the game, their own players did.

Furthermore, I agree with Madrid. They weren't as commanding and dominating as some here suggest. They were clearly the better and more positive side in the first half, and for part of the second half, but Turkey definitely came back into it as the game went on, and were the energetic side in extra-time.

With a weakened squad, they fought to the end and once again a spirited performance pulled them through. I don't think they are another Greece, as I abhorred the way Greece played. That said, Turkey don't have a hope in hell of making it past Germany
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:34 pm

If I were Croatian, I'd blame Taylor. <Ale> Biggrin
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Tuncay Ale
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:.
    so far 2 out of 4 of my predictions have been true. hear that LRD. Whistle

Yeah if you say so.

Tell me your predictions for the next two days......
    I wrote them before the game so...
    Ok im saying Holland

It's been noted
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:28 am

Damiano Tommasi©️ wrote:If I were Croatian, I'd blame Taylor. <Ale> Biggrin

Wasn't it 11 games without a goal before Eduardo got injured?

Good to see the BBC commentators banging on about how he was 'just starting to show his form' before the Taylor incident...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:41 am