Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Allez les rouges
SuperMario
Dualist
Deluded F*ck™
Sgoater1
Ricardo Jol
stinger
Tweesus
Aristoskank
Brian2468
Parks lives
Fade out
fcb
Hlebagone
Romford Pele
L r dd
poiuy1
Axeslammer
EMP
Calidad
D-agger
Rosicky
Batman
Balls Grayson
Fey
Bashmachkin
Football Genius
S4P
Pierre Littbarski
COTR
Chocolate Thunder
Historicus
Sheffield gunner
L.r.d
Luis
Dick Grayson
Di Caniooooo!
The Easter Bunny
Glenarch of the Glen
43 posters

Manchester United - The End of an Era?

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Manchester United - The End of an Era? - Page 4 Empty Re: Manchester United - The End of an Era?

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Hargreaves is excellent, but he can't stay fit
    Ronaldo is excellent, but he's leaving
    Scholes was excellent, but he's past it
    Giggs was excellent, but he's past it
    Anderson may become excellent, but he's ordinary for now
    Nani, see Anderson
    Carrick see Fletcher
    Fletcher see Park
    Park is shite
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Manchester United - The End of an Era? - Page 4 Empty Re: Manchester United - The End of an Era?

Post by L.r.d Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:Hargreaves is excellent, but he can't stay fit
    Nani, see Anderson
    Carrick see Fletcher
    Fletcher see Park
    Park is shite

We'll buy a new team, see Ronaldo.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Ade Riera wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:
    Ade Riera wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:
    COTR wrote:Lrd anderson is nothing special and he's not even a name

Not yet, but he is something special.

Like you.. retarded Question

wow you added 'like you' lol! Does your brain really work that slow paki?

Sorry but you need some major help.. Doh

Says the the little dull bangledeshi boy who keeps thinking he's Irish, yet calls a white english guy a paki for over 5 months lol! f@ck off you stupid knobhead <Ale>

So I'm a Paki, a minute later I'am Bangladeshi... again your one fucked up person lrd. You need serious help not that anyone would bother with you.

Oh and your a retarded English guy. I made mistake and I admitted it. Your just a biased un-objective dickhead who adds f@ck all to this place besides showing how dumb a person can be.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 pm

Football Genius wrote:Of course its not the end an era for United, SAF has proven over and over again he can come back, and cannot ever be written off...

The only concern i'd have as a United fan is (that sounds wrong... IF i were a United fan), with all the attacking talent they possess, they have struggled to score goals... which for me suggests simply not having the right balance or combination of players when Ronaldo is not playing, and that is all.

The problem is Rooney. He is not scoring enough. Simple as that for now.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:Hargreaves is excellent, but he can't stay fit
    Nani, see Anderson
    Carrick see Fletcher
    Fletcher see Park
    Park is shite

We'll buy a new team, see Ronaldo.

ok

who?

Manchester United - The End of an Era? - Page 4 Bukake
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:hahaha lrd has got one in each hand, one in his mouth and one in his vagina, fair play he's doing a steady if unspectacular job Ale

Biggrin

Spanky retired gracefully / pitifully after the match so thank god lrd is remaining strong so we can stretch this one out

Cheers Lrd <Ale>

Glad to keep you happy, though if you need poor small jokes and false satisfaction posts to do that, then i doubt you really are.

Oh you are just that little tip on the iceberg Lrd

The hard work was all done by Fergie, VDS and co earlier on so that's us sorted for quite a long time mate
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:Of course its not the end an era for United, SAF has proven over and over again he can come back, and cannot ever be written off...

The only concern i'd have as a United fan is (that sounds wrong... IF i were a United fan), with all the attacking talent they possess, they have struggled to score goals... which for me suggests simply not having the right balance or combination of players when Ronaldo is not playing, and that is all.

Rooney maybe an issue, but SAF is the problem in this instance, play Rooney behind a frontman (you now have Berbs) and if then he can't produce i'll accept your critism, Rooney has always been for me a second striker who needs to play in the hole, i can't remember the last time he got a run of games for United in that position.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

Rooney maybe an issue, but SAF is the problem in this instance, play Rooney behind a frontman (you now have Berbs) and if then he can't produce i'll accept your critism, Rooney has always been for me a second striker who needs to play in the hole, i can't remember the last time he got a run of games for United in that position.

Rooney being played at RM shows what Fergie thinks of Fletcher. Fletcher is ahead of Nani in the pecking order and without Ronaldo or Nani the side really does lack pace. That was apparent today. Of course Fergie will sign a pacey left winger in January, but the United fans wont recognise their shortcomings until after Fergie has corrected them. If Hargreaves can't stay fit he will need to be replaced too and the juries out on Anderson but he will need to improve quicker than Scholes declines for sure.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Looking forward to next season - when it is possible that all of Giggs, Scholes, van der Sar and Ronaldo will be gone (or if not gone, then fringe players at best in the case of the first two) - Man Utd's team should look something like this:

Foster

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Carrick Hargreaves

Newcomer Rooney Tevez

Berbatov

And I don't think that looks bad at all. It isn't quite that Man Utd will need to find direct replacements for Giggs and Scholes, because they don't really play a 4-4-2 anymore. They will need to bring new players in - but with the money they'll get for Ronaldo, they should be able to do that. The trick will be in finding the players to suit their current 4-5-1 sort of formation - and that will involve working out where some of their current players play best.

Rooney would certainly benefit from playing behind Berbatov, rather than being shoved about the pitch. I think Tevez works well cutting in from the left hand side of an attacking three. And Man Utd need to decide how to use Anderson - because at the moment, he does look no more than a solid player - it seems a shame to push a player who, at Porto, looked very skillful and talented, into a more limited defensive role - yet if Man Utd do see his future in a more attacking role, then I think he should start playing there and working on that side of his game.

If Rooney was to play centrally, and if Anderson was pushed forward, then it is arguable that Man Utd would only need their Ronaldo replacement - and they'd use him alongside Rooney and Tevez, and have Anderson, Nani and Park as back ups (perhaps with Campbell back to cover for Berbatov). I think that looks, potentially, very fluid. On the other hand, if Anderson was kept as a more defensive minded player, then Man Utd would need another player for the attack.

Whatever, there are a few significant decisions to be made, but it isn't as though the team will need to be overhauled - they have the basis already for a very strong attack. In defence, they have some very strong players, but could probably do with some cover at least at right back, and another quality central defender.

And then I think it's a tough decision as to whether Hargreaves and Carrick are good enough to be Man Utd's future central midfield pair. I rate Carrick - I think he certainly could assert himself more at times, and he could perhaps be a bit fitter, but I think he is very good positionally and he does pass the ball very well. But I'm not a fan of Hargreaves. His technique is decent, but I don't think he is a clever player - I think he is no more than a water carrier. To compare Man Utd's midfield with Liverpool's - if you compare Carrick and Hargreaves to Alonso and Mascherano, then I think Hargreaves is the one who is out of place - Carrick can distribute the ball really well in the midfield, can get the play flowing, and he is good positionally from a defensive perspective; but I don't think Hargreaves can mark as well as Mascherano, and I don't think he uses the ball as well either. So I'd be inclined, if Man Utd were to strengthen their central midfield, to find a better partner for Carrick and to use Hargreaves as cover and as a general utility player.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:45 pm

They will go back to the RVN system..and buy Huntelaar!
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:45 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:They may have slipped up v Yids but if Chelsea could get 3 points out of a very tough fixture this evening I can't see United or 'pool getting that near to them.

What is so good about Chelsea?

I personally don't think they'll get 3 points or more combined out of the next 2 fixtures.

WHAT?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Rooney is fat uselss conte!!! Grr
    Balls Grayson
    Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
    Supports : Italy, Spain
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:58 pm

burning?

Always dicking from the shadows
    Manchester United - The End of an Era? - Page 4 Davidb11
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Premier League 2007/08

Man Utd 0-0 Reading

Portsmouth 1-1 Man Utd

Man City 1-0 Man Utd

Pts . . F . . A . . GD
    2 . . . 1 . . 2 . . -1

Premier League 2008/09

Man Utd 1-1 Newcastle

Portsmouth 0-1 Man Utd

Liverpool 2-1 Man Utd

Pts . . F . . A . . GD
    4 . . . 3 . . 3 . . 0

Looks like an improvement to me, plus we have had tougher fixtures compared to last season.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:14 pm

who was your 4th game against?
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:16 pm

when?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:18 pm

last season?

was it against Chelsea away?
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:23 am

Panicking?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7614132.stm
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Batman wrote:Premier League 2007/08

Man Utd 0-0 Reading

Portsmouth 1-1 Man Utd

Man City 1-0 Man Utd

Pts . . F . . A . . GD
    2 . . . 1 . . 2 . . -1

Premier League 2008/09

Man Utd 1-1 Newcastle

Portsmouth 0-1 Man Utd

Liverpool 2-1 Man Utd

Pts . . F . . A . . GD
    4 . . . 3 . . 3 . . 0

Looks like an improvement to me, plus we have had tougher fixtures compared to last season.

how many points did United get from the same fixtures last season? Newcastle at home, Portsmouth away and Liverpool away?
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:43 pm

7 compared to 4 this year. But Man City should be a little different from last year for one.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 pm

would you say City are stronger or weaker this season?
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:49 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:would you say City are stronger or weaker this season?

Well city now have an average manager when before they had a good one. Although as frank says united's real manager is also gone cyclops
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:50 pm

Does it matter? they wont be beating man utd home and away
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:56 pm

L.r.d wrote:

they might

did you think Newcastle would get a point at Old Trafford?
    did you think Liverpool would win at Anfield?

what you think will happen doesn't always happen
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

they might

did you think Newcastle would get a point at Old Trafford?
    did you think Liverpool would win at Anfield?

what you think will happen doesn't always happen

What a load of nonsense. Man City wont beat Man Utd home and away that is for sure. The other two were not expected but hardly huge shocks.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:58 pm

L.r.d wrote:

What a load of nonsense. Man City wont beat Man Utd home and away that is for sure.

they might
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

What a load of nonsense. Man City wont beat Man Utd home and away that is for sure.

they might

They wont.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:00 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

they might

They wont.

but they might
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

they might

They wont.

but they might

I disagree
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 pm

i agree with Lrd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:22 pm