Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
poiuy1
Football Genius
Puro
DS
Kroos
S4P
Fey
Bashmachkin
Kimbo
Pierre Littbarski
L.r.d
Deluded F*ck™
Chocolate Thunder
17 posters

Andy Cole Retires

Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Andy Cole Retires Empty Andy Cole Retires

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:26 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4485022,00.html

RIP Dove Magic

YNWA
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Andy Cole Retires Empty Re: Andy Cole Retires

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Ade Alves wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4485022,00.html

RIP Dove Magic

YNWA

Cole is now expected to pursue his ambition of going into coaching, with Blackburn already rumoured to have expressed an interest in acquiring his services.

BlackCoach Rovers?
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Andy Cole what a legend mates.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:46 pm

Excellent player and, I'm told by people who have met him, a jolly good egg to boot <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Excellent player and, I'm told by people who have met him, a jolly good egg to boot <Ale>

Yeah, i think he only beat his wife the one time, but who knows. Great guy. ok
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Who'll be the 1st to mention **** *******'s name in this thread to set Kimmy off, I wonder Question
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:Excellent player and, I'm told by people who have met him, a jolly good egg to boot <Ale>

?

Is this official ?

Lots of people would still praise Gazza as a genuine bloke.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

?

Is this official ?

Lots of people would still praise Gazza as a genuine bloke.

His wife dropped the charges. Cole is a C0ck anyway, good player, but a C0ck.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:13 pm

Is it the case that his wife dropped any charges? All I can find suggests that Cole was taken in by the police, and released by them the next day without charge - by which time the Daily Star had published a story claiming that Cole had beat his wife. They had to retract that story, issue an apology, and pay Cole damages.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7532945.stm

Anyway, Cole was a fantastic player. He scored 68 goals in 83 appearances for us; he was always a good all-round player, with a nice touch, and with the best movement off the ball I've seen from a forward - and he did become better all-round at Man Utd, and his heading improved in particular (for us, he'd always jump and be back on his feet by the time the ball reached him), but he was never a better goalscorer than he was with Newcastle. He missed chances at times, but he created so many of his own chances via his ability to twist and turn players. He and Beardsley comprised the best striking partnership I've seen. And for me, he's one of the best forwards to have played in the Premiership. I'll always have fond memories of him.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Best English striker of the last 10 years!!!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Fey wrote:Best English striker of the last 10 years!!!

f@ck right off.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Kimbo wrote:

f@ck right off.

f@ck right on.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:06 pm

Well he never performed very well for England when he played, and he's definitely not the best English striker in the last 10 years, but his partnership with Andy Cole Retires Yorkie400x150 was one of the best of all time. Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:27 pm

David Plouffe™ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

f@ck right off.

f@ck right on.

No.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:52 pm

yeah fantastic battles against bayern, always will remember him
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:09 am

Excellent player.
    Thanks Andy Cole for the service.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:27 am

Best English striker of our time. He was born 10 years too early or else he would've been given a decent chance at succeeding with the national team as well. England wasn't ready to have an English black man as the face of English football. Still not ready judging by the media's comments regarding blacks from England.

The Shearer-Sheringham clique was too much to overcome along with the media's agenda to highlight Andy Cole's f@ck ups while minimizing his achievements. He was always the "easy" target for them media c**ts. It didn't matter, those who know the game KNOW that Andy Cole was the man in attack. Ain't that right Kimbo! Biggrin <Ale>
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:39 am

Puro wrote:Best English striker of our time. He was born 10 years too early or else he would've been given a decent chance at succeeding with the national team as well. England wasn't ready to have an English black man as the face of English football. Still not ready judging by the media's comments regarding blacks from England.

The Shearer-Sheringham clique was too much to overcome along with the media's agenda to highlight Andy Cole's f@ck ups while minimizing his achievements. He was always the "easy" target for them media c**ts. It didn't matter, those who know the game KNOW that Andy Cole was the man in attack. Ain't that right Kimbo! Biggrin <Ale>

Through Kimbo's cold hearted bitterness he is just a wife beater, not the most prolific goals to games ratio striker Newcastle has ever seen Ale
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 am

Shearer was a better player than Cole; Ferdinand was a wonderful player too, though he and Cole were different - Ferdinand was more of a target man, Cole played off the last defender and was more about movement in the box - whatever their respective qualities, it is true that Keegan ultimately made a good decision in selling Cole and replacing him with Ferdinand, because it did add another dimension to our play. Besides from those two, I don't think England have had a better striker in the last fifteen years than Cole - I think he was better than Fowler and Wright, and better than any English striker around now.

He should have won more England caps. Shearer and Sheringham were a great partnership, and they were understandably England's first choice front two; I'm not sure Cole would have worked well with Shearer, but he could have partnered Sheringham, or he and Beardsley could have made a really world class second choice or alternative front pairing. There were a number of good strikers around then, and Cole was a bit of a loner - at Newcastle, he'd frequently make trips down to London, and he lived in Crook (where my grandparents live, incidentally), which is about an hour from Newcastle and it was a distance from the other players - and the England set up seems always a very cliquey one.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:33 am

cole and sheringham didn't talk for thr majority of their time at United
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    Puro wrote:Best English striker of our time. He was born 10 years too early or else he would've been given a decent chance at succeeding with the national team as well. England wasn't ready to have an English black man as the face of English football. Still not ready judging by the media's comments regarding blacks from England.

Through Kimbo's cold hearted bitterness he is just a wife beater, not the most prolific goals to games ratio striker Newcastle has ever seen Ale

He was a good player, i would never deny that. Some people are deluded when it comes to him though, see Puro. To some Andy Cole's failure for England was Shearers fault, nevermind Andy's 1 goal in 15 games. Why play him when you can play a man that gets 1 in 2? <Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Mmmm... I wonder how many games he actually started for England?

There's no denying that certain sections of the Shearer-loving press had their knives out for Cole from day one ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:32 pm

David Plouffe™️ wrote:Mmmm... I wonder how many games he actually started for England?

There's no denying that certain sections of the Shearer-loving press had their knives out for Cole from day one ok

Shearer loving press? He was forced to retire from Internationals because of them, they were on his back constantly. Anyway there's no argument to be made for picking Cole ahead of him.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 pm

While Puro is clueless about football and only supporting andy cole because he is black as he likes to make out that england is racist, there was a period when Shearer hadn't scored for many games both for club and country and andy cole should have been given his chance but wasn't.

Shearer was the better striker but his golfing friendship (as if we needed another reason to hate golf Wink) with various england managers prevented Cole as the in-form striker being given a proper chance.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:16 pm

We have to be careful that we don't start saying Andy Cole was underrated to the point where he becomes overrated though - like Richard Dunne.

Its not just on here either - check out Spoony on Emile Heskey in this week's Radio Times:

"If he had 20% of Ian Wright's self-belief and confidence, he'd be unbeatable - like Didier Drogba, only better."

Doh Doh Doh
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:We have to be careful that we don't start saying Andy Cole was underrated to the point where he becomes overrated though - like Richard Dunne.

Its not just on here either - check out Spoony on Emile Heskey in this week's Radio Times:

"If he had 20% of Ian Wright's self-belief and confidence, he'd be unbeatable - like Didier Drogba, only better."

Doh Doh Doh

All he's missing is better finishing (with both feet), some dead-ball expertise, and the odd outrageous trick here and there... Whistle
    Z
    Z

Number of posts : 1414
    Favourite Player : Fowler, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Totti, Torres
    Registration date : 2007-05-13

Post by Z Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm

David Plouffe™️ wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:We have to be careful that we don't start saying Andy Cole was underrated to the point where he becomes overrated though - like Richard Dunne.

Doh Doh Doh

All he's missing is better finishing (with both feet), some dead-ball expertise, and the odd outrageous trick here and there... Whistle

And the unpredictability - "is he going to fall over when I challenge him, or will he knock me on my arse?"

Actually, thinking about it.. Heskey falls over a lot too. Not for the same reasons of course.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Z wrote:
    David Plouffe™️ wrote:

Doh Doh Doh

And the unpredictability - "is he going to fall over when I challenge him, or will he knock me on my arse?"

Actually, thinking about it.. Heskey falls over a lot too. Not for the same reasons of course.

Doh

Andy Cole Retires _41707484_steve203

Andy Cole Retires TorresTackled_468x297
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Beat me to it.
    Z
    Z

Number of posts : 1414
    Favourite Player : Fowler, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Totti, Torres
    Registration date : 2007-05-13

Post by Z Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Z wrote:
    David Plouffe™️ wrote:

Doh Doh Doh

Doh

Andy Cole Retires _41707484_steve203

Andy Cole Retires TorresTackled_468x297

Your point?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:34 pm