Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
EMP
Romford Pele
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Dwarf
Sheffield gunner
Puro
TM
shazlx
Murray
Parks lives
DeLux
Bashmachkin
Kimbo
COTR
christmasborocooper
Rosicky
Batman
fcb
Chocolate Thunder
Fey
Calidad
SuperMario
stinger
S4P
Pierre Littbarski
L.r.d
Riviera
Khadrim
Luis
Glenarch of the Glen
Cesc Soler
36 posters

Premier League 6th - 8th December Discussion Thread

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Premier League 6th - 8th December Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Premier League 6th - 8th December Discussion Thread

Post by debaser Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 pm

stinger wrote:I am speechless... literally without a speech. Lost my stream for last 5 minutes, so I've missed 2 goals. It was much more 1-sided game than last season's match at Goodison Park (2-2), and still AVilla left with all the glory and points. Credit to them (and Debaser) since they converted they chances, but being happy with the way we were playing, I am very unhappy...
    I feel for you dude. I was feeling pretty sickened with the late equaliser, but I guess that's nothing compared to the elation then crushing of what you guys had.

You certainly didn't deserve to lose, Fellaini and Artere were excellent and I'm pretty sure with Yakubu in there, you'd have won.

We were poor. Agbonlahor invisible (except for the assist for the winner), and getting over-run in midfield despite having equal numbers. Defended well for the most part, but the two goals both came from Lescott reacting/anticipating faster
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League 6th - 8th December Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Premier League 6th - 8th December Discussion Thread

Post by Luis Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:07 pm

stinger wrote:
    Luis wrote:Petrov was absolutely phenomenal.
    I understand you are trying to be ironic? Or he became phenomenal in last 5 minutes of the game?

Meant to say Laursen.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Luis wrote:
    stinger wrote:
    Luis wrote:Petrov was absolutely phenomenal.
    I understand you are trying to be ironic? Or he became phenomenal in last 5 minutes of the game?

Meant to say Laursen.
    Aha, Laursen sounds more than okay ok
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:10 pm

Ashley Young. Best English winger. The Brummies went nuts in the Student Union when the goal went in. Got a bloddy lip. Contes!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:11 pm

Just saw Young's 1st goal, only saw the 2nd(last 10mins)... class finishing Ale
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:01 pm

stinger wrote:Everton's line up for Aston Villa match:

Howard
    Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott
    Pienaar Arteta Fellaini Osman
    Cahill
    Anichebe

No Yakubu, no Vaughan and no Saha, even on the bench. Btw, our bench looks almighty from one end to another:
    Nash, Baines, Gosling, Castillo, van der Meyde, Kissock, Jutkiewicz ok

He's injured - out for the season.
    stinger

Post by stinger Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:08 pm

EMP wrote:

Howard
    Cahill
    Anichebe

No Yakubu, no Vaughan and no Saha, even on the bench. Btw, our bench looks almighty from one end to another:

He's injured - out for the season.
    Thanks, didn't know that ok
    Do you know that Silva is injured? Smile
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:10 pm

stinger wrote:
    Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

Howard
    Cahill
    Anichebe

looking forward to seeing Everton's exciting brand of football this afternoon

Stinger is surrounded by bricks Biggrin

I'm happier with my 0-0 vs Villa than an exciting defeat.

1 point > 0 points
    In the long run - I am probably more happy playing 2nd decent game in a row, especially with all the forwards problems we have at the moment.
    And this statement (after all this arguing regarding level of entertainment and all defensive job done by L'pool fans here) sounds hipocritical.

it sounds hypocritical that I prefer a draw to a defeat?

what are you on Laugh
    stinger

Post by stinger Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:24 pm

stinger wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

Howard
    Cahill
    Anichebe

looking forward to seeing Everton's exciting brand of football this afternoon

Stinger is surrounded by bricks Biggrin

I'm happier with my 0-0 vs Villa than an exciting defeat.

1 point > 0 points
    In the long run - I am probably more happy playing 2nd decent game in a row, especially with all the forwards problems we have at the moment.
    And this statement (after all this arguing regarding level of entertainment and all defensive job done by L'pool fans here) sounds hipocritical.

it sounds hypocritical that I prefer a draw to a defeat?

what are you on Laugh
    It sounds hipocritical that you spent some energy here writing that Liverpool these days is not only about the result, but as well as quality football, and then you clearly say that you would took 0-0 after a dull game, than decent performance (which gives personally me some hope for future), even ended with 2-3.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    shazlx wrote:What an Awful performance from Arsenal. Truly horrific at the end. Too many silly missed opportunities. No more confidently passing it around the opposition's area.

Gave the ball away so many times at the end from every one, though Eboue was involved in the two worst situations. He got booed when he was substituted at the end. In normal circumstance it would be fully justified but considering he's just come back and the whole team was giving the ball away recklessly it was unfair. Especially as he was doing some good work with his dribbling.

Ironically we defended well (well the defenders did) with Almunia doing good.

The midfield is really weak now. Incomparable to last season where we dominated nearly every time. This is no longer the passing Arsenal. Considering the team stopped being able to counter attack efficiently a few years ago, there's not much left.

3 calls your way by the ref's now in 3 straight games if you take away the Carling cup game which was only your junior team.

vs Chelsea the offside goal which gave you two points.
    vs Kiev a drop ball that for some reason Kiev weren't allowed to compete for.
    vs Wigan Toure clearly fouled Camara which would of been a penalty and a red card. Could of cost you two if not three points.

:Refs:
    Kiev was discussed.

Was it? Don't remember that, what was your excuse there?

shazlx wrote:
    Wigan was not a foul. The player fell over fro.m the pressure of Toure same as Van Persie in the first half but Van Persie chose not to fall over and instead he stumbled on and shot tamely

It wasn't given as a foul, it should of been though, Toure didn't get any of the ball and just ran Camara over!
    Kiev- Arsenal had the ball when the Kiev game stopped for a Kiev player. When the ref put the ball back into play, admitted towards Cesc, the Kiev player chose not contest it. Cesc had the ball and other player did nothing to block him, Cesc to a few fairly slow touches before passing to Bendtner. It was naivety from the opposition, much like Henry's goal vs Chelsea or Giggs vs Lyon.

As I said with Wigan - it was pressure from Toure.
    Did Toure tug Camara back, no.
    Did he trip him up, no.
    Contact is not a foul. As I said, in the first half, Van Persie had the same thing with two players surrounding him. Its not a foul.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Young cheers
    15 points for my FF team Ale

Should of made him my captain instead of Ade
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:58 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:

Punty Evil or Very Mad

Don't let all the idiots on this board ruin you
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:06 pm

COTR wrote:
    The Easter Bunny wrote:

Punty Evil or Very Mad

Don't let all the idiots on this board ruin you

Mod edit Sad
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:34 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:Young cheers
    15 points for my FF team Ale

Harsh Sad
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:43 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:Young cheers

cheers cheers too bad Carew wasn't there Smiley
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Rai: Everton Edition wrote:
    It sounds hipocritical that you spent some energy here writing that Liverpool these days is not only about the result, but as well as quality football, and then you clearly say that you would took 0-0 after a dull game, than decent performance (which gives personally me some hope for future), even ended with 2-3.

when did I say this?
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Rai: Everton Edition wrote:

when did I say this?

Rai: Everton Edition lol!
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:05 pm

Time to beat those c**ts tomorrow...
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:11 pm

I'll eternally love you! Collison and Co to smash those fucking yids!
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:12 pm

I'll be there...can't wait for it. Just hope we beat them.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Think The 'Ammers will win this one tonight, 2-1, I'd love a clean sheet though so Neill gets 6 points and comes in for M Richards who didn't play in my FF Very Happy
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Luis wrote:Think The 'Ammers will win this one tonight, 2-1, I'd love a clean sheet though so Neill gets 6 points and comes in for M Richards who didn't play in my FF Very Happy

'ammers
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:41 pm

West Ham: Green, Neill, Collins, Upson, Ilunga, Behrami, Mullins, Parker, Faubert, Cole, Bellamy.

Subs: Lastuvka, Boa Morte, Noble, Tristan, Davenport, Collison, Di Michele.

Sppuuuuuurs: Gomes, Corluka, Woodcock, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Zokora, Jenas, Bent Lee, Modric, Pavlyuchenko.

Subs: Cesar, Bale, Huddlestone, Bent Darren, Dawson, Boateng, O'Hara.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Hope to get a result tonight.

Although would be a shame to subject Deano to a burst Aortic blood vessel - I imagine he'll be coming home foaming at the mouth if we turn them over at home
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Bale on the bench. Gives Spurs a chance. Quite open so far.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:27 pm

Nemo scores an own goal and the ref mugs West Ham. Doh
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Deano must be yelling fucking c**t to the ref right now...that was a legal goal!!

West Ham are the dominating team in this midtable derby!
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:34 pm

Fey wrote:Deano must be yelling fucking c**t to the ref right now...that was a legal goal!!

They wish Wink
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:45 pm

debaubler wrote:
    Fey wrote:Deano must be yelling fucking c**t to the ref right now...that was a legal goal!!

They wish Wink

Ill bet you wish to get there as well again! Biggrin Must be great for you to be a supporter for Villa right now, really enjoyed them the other night!!! Unlike this game so far.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm

And yet Spurs have had the 3 best chances by some distance. God help us when Holland's finest Gomes actually has to make a save....

Jenas was fouled. Course it wasn't a goal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:56 pm