Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
bluenine
TM
Romford Pele
L r dd
Super Progress
Calidad
Effenberg
72-76-80-96-08
Tweesus
Rosicky
BoBo Vieri 32
16 posters

Franck Ribery

Franck Ribery Empty Franck Ribery

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:16 pm

I think he will be the most sort after player,come the summer transfer window.

Real want him
    Barca wants him

Inter i'm sure will make a bid for him

if chelsea have any sense, they should also be in for him and if ronaldo leaves man utd, i'm sure they will try for him next season.

everyone seems to want him, so where will he end up and how much are you will to pay for him.

I'm willing to go to 40m euro cash or 30 + Alexander Help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mIZvDD0RkQ

Last edited by Messiah on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Franck Ribery Empty Re: Franck Ribery

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:18 pm

I don't think any Serie A team would match that.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Dont forgot Man City, they wont sign him, but they will make him more expensive then he should be ok
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:22 pm

In the EPL both Chelsea and Liverpool should be interested in him.

In terms of being able to afford him, its only Chelsea and Man City IMO.

Man Utd probably could, but unless they sell, I don't think they need him.

Now, Ribery IMO won't want to join Citeh and I'm not entirely sure that Chelsea do actually have the money for him.

Personally, I think he's Madrid bound.
    72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

Number of posts : 2258
    Supports : FC Hollywood
    Registration date : 2006-08-22

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Ribery and his agents just had a meeting with the Bayern bosses

the Bavarians are rather angry about those endless rumours that the Ribery agents are feeding to the press

the Bayern bosses told these fruitcakes that Ribery had a contract until 2011, no GET OUT CLAUSE

and he would NOT leave Munich before then

Hoeness and Co did not budge for Ballack and others either

they let contracts run out even if they lose money

-----------

which is madness

I would sell Ribery today rather than tomorrow

he is so overrated it's insane

SLOWLY but surely the Germans are beginning to see the light as well

this is the latest front page of Kicker

Franck Ribery 322009

an in a recent online survey over 50% said that Ribery only played well when it "DID NOT MATTER"

good riddance
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:40 pm

The spelling police is coming for you, Messiah.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:47 pm

He's better than Arshavin, and I rate Arshavin highly. I find it amusing that those who say he'd flop are now starting to jump on the WC wagon. I not sure he is WC, I haven't seen him enough, but only someone deluded would have deny his obvious talent.

Bayern are still a HUGE club, but they are not the club they once were. The likes of Barca, Madrid, Utd etc will still be able to tempt him. I can only see him leaving Bayern IF he were to join a club genuinely competing for league + CL, otherwise he'll stay.

Who knows, Bayern might decide to flash the cash this season and impress Ribery with their ambition.
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Post by Effenberg Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Calidad wrote:

Who knows, Bayern might decide to flash the cash this season and impress Ribery with their ambition.

I think they might do that in 2010 in exchange for Ribery's extension. We're three class players away from having a real chance in the CL. That and fewer injuries when it matters.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Effenberg wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

I think they might do that in 2010 in exchange for Ribery's extension. We're three class players away from having a real chance in the CL. That and fewer injuries when it matters.
    I think that could happen aswell but it is a time issue really and after going in that manner it will take something big to convince him I think. One thing that speaks for him staying is that it is a World Cup year so you want a firm starting place and you never know with a transfer to another league.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 pm

He should stay. He is a hero there and the team can be built around him. If he goes to Barca he is just another player and they don't really need him. Madrid you never know what will happen if you join that madness. He wont fit in at chelsea. arsenal cant afford him. Man Utd don't need him. Doubt seria a clubs would pay so much.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 pm

We could have had him ages ago Rolling Eyes
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Calidad wrote:He's better than Arshavin, and I rate Arshavin highly. I find it amusing that those who say he'd flop are now starting to jump on the WC wagon. I not sure he is WC, I haven't seen him enough, but only someone deluded would have deny his obvious talent.

It remains to see if he can cut it in one of top 3 leauges, no disrespect to the Bundesaliga. sunny
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Post by Effenberg Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 pm

TM wrote:

It remains to see if he can cut it in one of top 3 leauges, no disrespect to the Bundesaliga. sunny

I wonder if that talk will stop when Germany takes over 3rd from Italy in a couple of years. By then it will probably just be the big two or the big one.

As for Ribery, he seemed to cut it quite well against the best of La Liga last night. The way teams generally defend in Spain he'd have a field day.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:16 am

Effenberg wrote:
    TM wrote:

I wonder if that talk will stop when Germany takes over 3rd from Italy in a couple of years. By then it will probably just be the big two or the big one.

As for Ribery, he seemed to cut it quite well against the best of La Liga last night. The way teams generally defend in Spain he'd have a field day.

You mean, IF.

Italy just need to outperform Germany over the next two year to retain their ranking... Italy have gone thru their worst phase in europe last season and this, and thats the only reason why Germany got/will get more points than Italy in these seasons. But how long do you think Italy will perform so badly?

IMO there is very little chance that Germany will overtake Italy in 2 or even 3 years. Very little, like 5-10%.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:I don't think any Serie A team would match that.

That depends... for example, Inter could include Quaresma + Suazo/Obinna/Adriano in the deal. That would reduce the amount of cash Inter will need to pay on top of that... depends on what players Bayern are interested in, and whether Ribery really wants to move... there are quite a few players that have become surplus under Mourinho, players like Suazo, Quaresma, Obinna, Adriano, Vieira, Maxwell, Materazzi, Crespo, Jimenez, etc... some of these could be included in the deal.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 am

bluenine wrote:
    Effenberg wrote:
    TM wrote:

You mean, IF.

Italy just need to outperform Germany over the next two year to retain their ranking... Italy have gone thru their worst phase in europe last season and this, and thats the only reason why Germany got/will get more points than Italy in these seasons. But how long do you think Italy will perform so badly?

IMO there is very little chance that Germany will overtake Italy in 2 or even 3 years. Very little, like 5-10%.

The Germans are convinced it is going to happen. You can't convince them otherwise.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 am

bluenine wrote:

That depends... for example, Inter could include Quaresma + Suazo/Obinna/Adriano in the deal. That would reduce the amount of cash Inter will need to pay on top of that... depends on what players Bayern are interested in, and whether Ribery really wants to move... there are quite a few players that have become surplus under Mourinho, players like Suazo, Quaresma, Obinna, Adriano, Vieira, Maxwell, Materazzi, Crespo, Jimenez, etc... some of these could be included in the deal.

Nobody except for SuperMadrid wants Adriano at this point! lol!
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:36 am

I thought Adriano already hang-up his boots
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:37 am

bluenine wrote:

I'm totally surprise you still count him, Bluey. I've told you so many times ago that he has past it, and he really has.
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Effenberg wrote:
    TM wrote:

You mean, IF.

The Germans are convinced it is going to happen. You can't convince them otherwise.
    I'm not convinced it is going to happen, but I think the gap in the UEFA Rankings will be a lot smaller.

But then again, even if Germany would be 3rd in the UEFA Ranking, what would it change? I mean at the end of the day it´s about the Champions League and Italy have 3 or 4 big (and rich enough) clubs with good chances to survive the CL group stage regulary, we only have one, and I can´t see that change in the near future.
    elbecko

Number of posts : 1129
    Registration date : 2007-10-06

Post by elbecko Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 am

I've been following him since I saw him play with U-21 French national team, and was expecting him to come to RM a few years ago (and he would have if not for the biggest @rsehalls, aka Moron Calderon and Puta Mijatovic). So if he goes to Barca, I'd be extremely disappointed to say the least. Bundesliga is not good enough place for him. I'd happily give all the Dutch we have to Bayern for him to come to us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:59 pm