Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
blutgraetsche
Aristoskank
Football Genius
Kroos
8 posters

Walcott

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Walcott Empty Walcott

Post by Kroos Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm

normally a special player should shine in his team, Walcott hasnt shined in 5 games

Özil did, so what does this mean

Walcot is only worth to mention because he plays for Arsenal, not for what his done on the pitch for his entire career
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Walcott Empty Re: Walcott

Post by Football Genius Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 pm

And did you know the square root of pi is 1.7724.
    Well you learn something new everyday!
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:28 pm

The second post in this thread is considerably more interesting than the first. Ale
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Walcott was disappointing today, but I seriously don't get why the English fans keep bashing this guy. He has enormous pace, he can be a valuable weapon to have, if used as a supersub. He is not effective as a starter (yet?), at least most of the time that is from my impression.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:45 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Walcott was disappointing today, but I seriously don't get why the English fans keep bashing this guy. He has enormous pace, he can be a valuable weapon to have, if used as a supersub. He is not effective as a starter (yet?), at least most of the time that is from my impression.

Makes perfect sense ok
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:12 am

The new David Odonkor/Darius Vassell...

If he's lucky Ale
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:20 am

MadVillain™️ wrote:The new David Odonkor/Darius Vassell...

If he's lucky Ale

Vassell was good for England though, most of the time he played. Walcott has had one goodgame really
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:02 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Walcott was disappointing today, but I seriously don't get why the English fans keep bashing this guy. He has enormous pace, he can be a valuable weapon to have, if used as a supersub. He is not effective as a starter (yet?), at least most of the time that is from my impression.

We keep bashing him because he can't even do basic things like trap and pass a football with any consistency, and the only reason he gets picked is to keep the Arsenal brand intact. We have better players in his position who are overlooked because they aren't at big four clubs, and given England's problem with keeping/using the ball having a wing forward who offers no defensive protection and loses possession more often than not just exacerbates our greatest weakness.

Basically, being really fast doesn't even come close to making up for his failings as a footballer.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:21 am

i think rooney is the closest thing for the englands when it comes to football intelligence and vision

now i understand why the englands not let a single bad word on him
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:07 am

Özil wrote:i think rooney is the closest thing for the englands when it comes to football intelligence and vision

now i understand why the englands not let a single bad word on him

Yes. Him and J.Cole.

Walcott has never ever been picked or praised for his football intelligence or vision.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:
    We keep bashing him because he can't even do basic things like trap and pass a football with any consistency, and the only reason he gets picked is to keep the Arsenal brand intact. We have better players in his position who are overlooked because they aren't at big four clubs, and given England's problem with keeping/using the ball having a wing forward who offers no defensive protection and loses possession more often than not just exacerbates our greatest weakness.

Basically, being really fast doesn't even come close to making up for his failings as a footballer.

I won't get into the "big four vs. the rest of the league" thing, but jut say this: Many people on here are too dogmatic, in the 'football purism' sense. Not every player needs to have brilliant skills, or be a source of creativity. Exceptional pace is not "less important" than a great set of skills (it just fades faster) - this is a sport after all - you need to have variety in your team, and most importantly, something that is very often overlooked on here, see the team as a whole.

Yes, this English side did lack creativity, particularly in the centre. But Walcott could have added a surprise element to the team if he would have been used as a supersub IMHO, and not as some kind of 'saviour' who is expected to lead the team to ultimate victory, and as a consequence start every match. Such a player he is not.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:04 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:

I won't get into the "big four vs. the rest of the league" thing, but jut say this: Many people on here are too dogmatic, in the 'football purism' sense. Not every player needs to have brilliant skills, or be a source of creativity. Exceptional pace is not "less important" than a great set of skills (it just fades faster) - this is a sport after all - you need to have variety in your team, and most importantly, something that is very often overlooked on here, see the team as a whole.

Yes, this English side did lack creativity, particularly in the centre. But Walcott could have added a surprise element to the team if he would have been used as a supersub IMHO, and not as some kind of 'saviour' who is expected to lead the team to ultimate victory, and as a consequence start every match. Such a player he is not.

Agree with much of that.

Would say Walcott had to start, being the closest thing to a striker that was available with Gabby + Campbell suspended. I think he was left on the bench in one of the earlier games when everyone was available and I'd prefer if Capello thinks of him as bench option, rather than starter when it comes to WC, unless he steps it up a lot this season.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:41 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I won't get into the "big four vs. the rest of the league" thing, but jut say this: Many people on here are too dogmatic, in the 'football purism' sense. Not every player needs to have brilliant skills, or be a source of creativity. Exceptional pace is not "less important" than a great set of skills (it just fades faster) - this is a sport after all - you need to have variety in your team, and most importantly, something that is very often overlooked on here, see the team as a whole.

None of the England team have brilliant skills, and not that many are a source of creativity, but I can see their role far more easily that I can Walcott's.

I disagree, exceptional pace is worth little if the player largely uses it to give the ball away. If Walcott knew how to use his pace (e.g. if he had particularly good movement or control of the ball) then it would be a tremendous asset. But he doesn't, so all you have is an average player who is very, very quick.

Sure, if we are to use him then I think you're right about the way to best use him. He may improve on certain things, he'll never be exceptional technically but if he can learn to exploit offside traps and lax marking he could well develop into a player capable of threatening over 90 minutes. But he turned 20 a few months ago and he's still producing the odd glimmer and good moment without ever really playing well over the course of a game or more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:20 pm