Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Fey
Rosicky
Kimbo
L r dd
Glenarch of the Glen
Batman
10 posters

Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more?

Poll

Which club will benefit more?

[ 14 ]
    Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more? Bar_left70%Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more? Bar_right [70%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more? Bar_left30%Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more? Bar_right [30%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more? Empty Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more?

Post by Batman Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Man City, in trying to break into the top 4 or overtake Everton as the 5th best team in England?

or

Arsenal, in trying to close the gap between them and Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more? Empty Re: Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more?

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm

your pointless thread to post ratio must be getting pretty close to Otto's about now Batman.

How does that make you feel?
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more? Empty Re: Adebayor + Toure or £40m, which club will benefit more?

Post by L r dd Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Man City obviously since their team has improved greatly with these players additions.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Well Wenger won't spend it, so City.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Depend if Wenger spends the £40mil really, and on who.

Currently Man City are only about 2 defenders away from almost certainly finishing ahead of Arsenal next year.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Daniela Glennby-Ashe wrote:your pointless thread to post ratio must be getting pretty close to Otto's about now Batman.

if you don't like it then don't post in it. Doh
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Batman wrote:
    Daniela Glennby-Ashe wrote:your pointless thread to post ratio must be getting pretty close to Otto's about now Batman.

Avoid the question some more Doh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Rosicky wrote:Depend if Wenger spends the £40mil really, and on who.

Currently Man City are only about 2 defenders away from almost certainly finishing ahead of Arsenal next year.

Nah, Wenger despite his lack of ambition is a far better coach than Hughes.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Daniela Glennby-Ashe wrote:
    Batman wrote:

i have no problems with my threads.

but you are obsessed.

whenever i post something on here, most of the times the first person to reply is you.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Batman wrote:
    Batman wrote:

but you are obsessed.

whenever i post something on here, most of the times the first person to reply is you.

most of the time the only person to reply is me
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Batman wrote:
    Batman wrote:

but you are obsessed.

That's not much better....
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:34 pm

L r dd wrote:
    Batman wrote:
    Batman wrote:

but you are obsessed.

That's not much better....

you're not much better Lrd Very Happy
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Wenger, he will buy his own African country with it. Filled with strong, pacey blacks till the age of 21.
    Chris 23*
    Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:20 pm

Fey wrote:Wenger, he will buy his own African country with it. Filled with strong, pacey blacks till the age of 21.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743

Post by Football Genius Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:26 am

They can both potentially benefit - however i don't expect City to deliver immediately as their wholesale overhaul of the squad will take time to understand Hughes's tactics and of course get familiar on the pitch with their team mates.

However longer term, they are building a very competitive squad, and if managed well could be a very competitive proposition, can that be this season with Hughes? who knows... i personally doubt it. However if it were Mourinho with this squad perhaps it would be taken more seriously under a 2-3 year plan.

As for Arsenal, everybody knows the 3 areas they needed to address was their central defence, central midfield (ball winner) and experience. Should Wenger be able to spend £40m on his squad they *could* become competitive, however just now they look a little shy of battling to hold onto forth.

Still think Arsenal are firm favourites to finish in the top 4,3,2,1 above Man City.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 am

City. Toure is a quality defender, not sure about the Adebayor one, depends how much he plays, was a totally unnecessary signing though considering they have Tevez, Robinho, Santa Cruz and Bellamy.

Arsenal wont miss Ade too much but they will miss Toure.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:21 am

Kimbo wrote:Well Wenger won't spend it, so City.

This.
    Historicus
    Historicus

Number of posts : 943
    Supports : Liverpool, DC United, Maryland Terrapins
    Favourite Player : Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Omar Gonzalez, Casey Townsend
    Registration date : 2008-01-13

Post by Historicus Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:58 am

Kimbo wrote:Well Wenger won't spend it, so City.

This. He'll spend 8m on prospects and play Senderos in Toure's spot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:53 am