Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Kroos
Lordanger
debaser
COTR
L r dd
Chocolate Thunder
10 posters

John Terry showing humility once again

Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

John Terry showing humility once again Empty John Terry showing humility once again

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Chelsea skipper Terry: Trio of players run the club
    By Soccernet staffJanuary 12, 2010

Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed that the trio of himself, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba are bigger than any manager will ever be at Chelsea.

Terry says that all the club's success has come because of the unity inspired by himself and his two team-mates, while five managers in three seasons have come through the door.

He told the Daily Express: "It has been a test for me and not only me, but Frank and Didier too. They deserve real credit because people hear about me, but they don't tend to hear about what they do behind the scenes."

Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Guus Hiddink have all come and gone, while Carlo Ancelotti currently holds his place in the Stamford Bridge hotseat, but Terry believes it is the players who held the club together during some difficult times.

"I can tell people that Frank and Didier are great and it is really important I have got their backing, because we have had so many managers over the last few years,'' he said.

''But it was important that not only myself, but Didier and Lamps kept everyone together and said listen, as long as we keep doing our job, the fans will be there supporting us. That is what matters, Chelsea Football Club, not the manager or the players."

Terry also talked up his own leadership abilities and claimed he gained respect from his criticising of former team-mate Gianfranco Zola during a training session.

"It is one of those things where you are born like it or not, and thankfully I was blessed with that,''he said. ''When I was younger and we played a reserve game and Franco [Zola] gave away the ball, I shouted at him. Some of the younger players were saying, 'You can't do that'. I said, 'Why not?' Luca [Vialli] came up to me after the game and said, 'That was fantastic, no one had the guts to say that and you did'."

What a guy Ale Laughing
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

John Terry showing humility once again Empty Re: John Terry showing humility once again

Post by L r dd Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Eh what's he said that's so wrong here?
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

John Terry showing humility once again Empty Re: John Terry showing humility once again

Post by COTR Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 pm

L r dd wrote:Eh what's he said that's so wrong here?

I'm not finding much wrong here either Ade
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Ade wrote:Chelsea skipper Terry: Trio of players run the club
    By Soccernet staffJanuary 12, 2010

Chelsea captain John Terry has claimed that the trio of himself, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba are bigger than any manager will ever be at Chelsea.

Far be it for me to defend this wanker, but none of the quotes they give justify that subheading.
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 pm

captain helps rally the troops in hard times shocker.
    snow news week is it?
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 am

what about the capitano, you facking jerk

i hate him, we all know hes the most important player Wink
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:09 am

Is he really? I see Drogba and maybe Lampard, perhaps even Essien as more important – Chelsea have other excellent central defenders.

I see what Ade's getting at, the last paragraph especially is particularly obnoxious. But indeed pretty standard...
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Yeah Essien is really important as well.

Terry in defence, Essien in CM and Droga up front.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:41 pm

He's talking about behind the scenes, not on the pitch. Basically saying if Ancelotti gets on their nerves those 3 will get him fired, like they did Scolari.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:55 pm

The article in itself may sound normal, but based on everything that has gone on at Chelsea in the last few years, I personally have no doubt whatsoever that the title of that article is accurate. The likes of Terry and Lampard really do run the club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:36 pm