Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
mongrel hawk
Pierre Littbarski
DD
Super Progress
Fey
fcb
Ricardo Jol
11 posters

The *Guus-and-Ivory-Coast-Road-to-the-SEMI-FINALS* thread

Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The *Guus-and-Ivory-Coast-Road-to-the-SEMI-FINALS* thread Empty The *Guus-and-Ivory-Coast-Road-to-the-SEMI-FINALS* thread

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:00 am

Guus Hiddink are going to coach "the other orange team" at the World Cup. The country hopper must only show within 10 days his contract at the Russian Federation is dissolved.

Since Guus always lead "his" country to the semi finals it is now 100% sure Portugal goes home in the first round. Then in the quarter finals, forget about the second round, Guus knocks out the Netherlands again.

After this historical win his "new" country comes into extacy and the world incense this African nation on their "own" soil. This cost so much energy for the orange formation that Guus' troops find their waterloo in the semi-finals.

Still, after the World Cup, the world is proud at Ivory Coast and Guus will be crowned as a real "winner" back home in "his" Yamoussoukro....

Time to take the plain to Istanbul....

WG

discuss....
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

The *Guus-and-Ivory-Coast-Road-to-the-SEMI-FINALS* thread Empty Re: The *Guus-and-Ivory-Coast-Road-to-the-SEMI-FINALS* thread

Post by fcb Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:07 am

What's tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Will Barça fans be waving blaugrana flags at Cibeles on the night of May 22?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

The *Guus-and-Ivory-Coast-Road-to-the-SEMI-FINALS* thread Empty Re: The *Guus-and-Ivory-Coast-Road-to-the-SEMI-FINALS* thread

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:17 am

kas wrote:What's tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Will Barça fans be waving blaugrana flags at Cibeles on the night of May 22?

and how many will survive it...?
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 am

Has this man no diginity AT ALL?

First he kicks his own country out,

Then FAILS with Wussia to qualify for the WC

But he goes there himself, to coach Ivory Coast..like they will end above Portugal or Brazil ffs.

No suprise that this man is born so close to the German border, I tell you that!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:45 pm

cheers
    I don't know if he has enough time to do anything big with the team but crossed fingers. This is really great news for them. I agree with Fey that it doesn't make him look great but I have never really considered a great person but a good coach though. Why has he never gotten a second chance with Holland?
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Super Pellegrini wrote:cheers
    I don't know if he has enough time to do anything big with the team but crossed fingers. This is really great news for them. I agree with Fey that it doesn't make him look great but I have never really considered a great person but a good coach though. Why has he never gotten a second chance with Holland?
    Back in (2004-2008) when he had good Dutch material to work with he went for the bigger payday (KNVB couldn't pay the fees he wanted), and now there really is no point, we're pretty shit. Thus it could only hurt his reputation.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:43 pm

He will fail miserably I hope.

They've not got much creativity - their best players are Drogba and Yaya but their most talented are Gilles Yapi-Yapo and Bonaventure Kalou, the 1st doesn't get selected and I'd imagine the 2nd is past it by now.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:51 am

If Ivory Coast face Spain in 2nd round, Spain is out. No kidding.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:05 am

mongrel hawk wrote:If Ivory Coast face Spain in 2nd round, Spain is out. No kidding.
    If they go past the group stage then and Hiddink has them well organised then I will definitely put money on Ivory Coast. He will get inspiration from Barca vs Chelsea and USA vs Spain to see that it isn't impossible to get the better of these sort of teams.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:48 am

This board is crazy. Some people already have Spain as won the world cup 2010 and some cant see them having a chance against the ivory coast! ffs
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am

L r dd wrote:This board is crazy. Some people already have Spain as won the world cup 2010 and some cant see them having a chance against the ivory coast! ffs
    But luckily we have you as the sane person to get everything in perspective.... Ale ok
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:58 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:If Ivory Coast face Spain in 2nd round, Spain is out. No kidding.

Yeah you can't just post this without an explanation.

I dread to think what's going to happen to Brazil in the first hand at their tender mercies Laugh
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:

Yeah you can't just post this without an explanation.

I dread to think what's going to happen to Brazil in the first hand at their tender mercies Laugh

anything can happen. brazil may even go out on group stages. it happened in 66, portugal was in the group.

my team to win is argentina, I'm saying this for ages. obviously, it's only a guess.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:09 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
    anything can happen. brazil may even go out on group stages. it happened in 66, portugal was in the group.

my team to win is argentina, I'm saying this for ages. obviously, it's only a guess.

Todo, Todo, Todo, mes amis Brasuca! 2010 ain't 1966. RELAX! there won't be another "robbery of the century", at least not in WC 2010. I thought it was clear already what happened to Brasil of Pelé and Garrincha (in their prime no less) in '66. YOU are in the Final already, whether you can beat Argentina is another issue.

Can we keep in touch for 2014? I'd like to know about good restaurants and the hottest spots in Brasil while I travel with La Selección in your World Cup. <Ale>
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 am

Hiddink will not coach the ivory coast
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Antarion wrote:Hiddink will not coach the ivory coast

it looks like mister Hiddink does have some dignity. he wants to start in a good way at his new job with Turkey. That team planned a trip during the world cup through the USA. Secondly, he is still in talks with the Russian Federation about his contract.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 am

Puro wrote:Can we keep in touch for 2014? I'd like to know about good restaurants and the hottest spots in Brasil while I travel with La Selección in your World Cup. <Ale>

sure. but the cities I know well enough to give you advice about restaurants and places to go are São Paulo, Salvador, and Porto Alegre.

being in São Paulo, we may have a beer or even go to a game together. I'll probably go only to a couple of games of South American teams, just to feel the WC atmosphere. you know, Corinthians won't play. TV's enough in this case.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:44 am

He's not taking the job...maybe now Spain have a chance of winning the World Cup again, what do you say, EMB experts? Rolling Eyes Doh
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 am

kas wrote:He's not taking the job...maybe now Spain have a chance of winning the World Cup again, what do you say, EMB experts? Rolling Eyes Doh
    yessss.

If spain wins it is because of guus. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:40 am