Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Axeslammer
Jaime
UK_Andy
Tom
Toxtethblue
Lordanger
Romford Pele
stinger
Brian2468
rosenthal
Bashmachkin
Aristoskank
christmasborocooper
Chap
Glenarch of the Glen
Luis
The Pröfessör
Deluded F*ck™
Tweesus
Kimbo
Super Progress
Six
S4P
110%
EM Seleção e Selecção
Isco Benny
L r dd
Kroos
Pras_tama
debaser
Sgoater1
35 posters

City bid £20m for Milner !

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

City bid £20m for Milner ! Empty City bid £20m for Milner !

Post by Sgoater1 Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 am

Aston Villa have turned down Manchester City's £20m bid for their England international James Milner.

"We have received an offer from Manchester City for James Milner and this has been firmly rejected," said a Villa spokesman late on Wednesday.

"We plan to sit down with James and his representative after the World Cup to agree a new long-term deal and this remains our position."

The 24-year-old midfielder was recently named PFA Young Player of the Year.

Leeds-born Milner, who joined Villa from Newcastle for £12m in 2008, is halfway through a four-year deal.

Villa owner Randy Lerner said last week the club will do "everything" in their power to ensure Milner stays.

Premier League and FA Cup Double winners Chelsea and Manchester United have also been linked with Milner, though United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has talked of this summer's transfer market as being "very difficult".

606: DEBATE
    Milner reminds me of Tevez in midfield - works hard, never gives up, great attitude. Just the type of player we need

Ananee
    Villa have secured Europa Cup football for next season having finished runners-up to Manchester United in the Carling Cup final and will not want to lose another influential midfielder to City following the departure of Gareth Barry for £12m last season.

City, funded by the deep pockets of Abu Dhabi-based owner Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, are close to signing Germany international defender Jerome Boateng from Hamburg for £11m.

More signings are expected this summer as City push for a coveted Champions League spot having just missed out to Tottenham this season.

Milner has been in a rich vein of form this season, helping Villa finish sixth in the Premier League and reach the semi-finals of the FA Cup, since O'Neill switched him from wide midfield to a more central position.

He has also become a regular in the England squad under Fabio Capello, and is widely tipped to be part of the 23-man squad for the World Cup in South Africa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im confident we will get him but will cost around £22-25m - way over the top imo for him like when we paid £24m for Lescott but we can afford it and he is a class player. Or we might include SWP or Onuoha in a deal plus £20m. Boateng will be £11m which i think will be a very good deal.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

City bid £20m for Milner ! Empty Re: City bid £20m for Milner !

Post by debaser Thu May 20, 2010 1:45 am

As you say, you paid £24m for Lescott. Milner is younger, better and plays in a traditionally more expensive position. While we're not in your league of money, indications are we're in a strong enough position to not have to accept just any old bid, so certainly shouldn't be even considering anything under the price you paid for Lescott.

You got Barry for a good price & in a quick deal due to circumstances and contract. This should be rather different - more like when Liverpool first came in for Barry.

I think we'll at least wait till the world cup - if he plays and puts in good performances that'll add another few million to the price tag Ale

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 1:47 am

Since when is the like of Milner good enough to warrant, 20m pounds.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu May 20, 2010 2:01 am

Since he was one of the best players in the league last season.

And since clubs like Chelsea and Man City came along with bottomless pits of money.

Anyway, you gotta look at that price in the context of English players moving between Premier League clubs. It's a market unto itself.

Wright-Phillips cost over £20m when he went to Chelsea and that was over 5 years ago. Precedents have been set and well-established, so it's silly to act surprised now.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 am

City and Chelsea really ruin the English market
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 am

villa is not stupid, they know city can offer a lot more
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Thu May 20, 2010 9:13 am

3 years ago if you said a team would reject a 20 mill bid for Milner you'd be accused of being an ignorant english or a dumb dumb.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 20, 2010 10:03 am

MAn City will also be buying a model professional who will give them no trouble and almost certainly not be looking to move on in a couple of years time. With the Fabregas saga - shows that if you want to build a long term strategy, players like Milner are necessary.

I suspect Milner has no interest in leaving Villa - if they move it'll be because the money to O Neill and Learner will be too tempting to say no.
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 am

Milner cost 12M right?

based on his improvement/versatility/hype/nationality he would be worth 28M pre WC

After one good game at the WC he be will worth 32M.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu May 20, 2010 12:30 pm

SLG wrote:City and Chelsea really ruin the English market

i think you'll find that manu ruined the market by paying 30M for rio, rooney etc
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu May 20, 2010 12:38 pm

ok

I wonder when Man Utd will start paying £20m plus for players.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Post by Pras_tama Thu May 20, 2010 12:56 pm

110% wrote:

i think you'll find that manu ruined the market by paying 30M for rio, rooney etc

Roo n Rio are worth 30M,,but Lescott n SWP aren't 20M players
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Post by Pras_tama Thu May 20, 2010 12:57 pm

S4P wrote:

ok

I wonder when Man Utd will start paying £20m plus for players.

maybe this summer, to land Di Maria
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu May 20, 2010 1:05 pm

L r dd wrote:3 years ago if you said a team would reject a 20 mill bid for Milner you'd be accused of being an ignorant english or a dumb dumb.

A lot of people were laughing when we paid 12m (I too thought it was over the odds - mainly as we'd all but signed him a year earlier for about £4m).

Just goes to show MON is disgracefully smarter than all of us.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Thu May 20, 2010 1:21 pm

£20m for Milner is ridiculous really. Not the sort of player that is going to turn you into champions and they already have Ireland, who is more talented.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu May 20, 2010 1:29 pm

I rate Milner and he is a very versatile player but can anybody explain why City are buying him? Where is he to play?

Also Debaser is correct and there should be no surprise about the price tag and especially since this involves City.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Thu May 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Six wrote:£20m for Milner is ridiculous really. Not the sort of player that is going to turn you into champions and they already have Ireland, who is more talented.

I reckon we'll see them agree on 25 + Ireland which is an insanely good deal for Villa.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Post by Pras_tama Thu May 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Super Madrid wrote:I rate Milner and he is a very versatile player but can anybody explain why City are buying him? Where is he to play?

Also Debaser is correct and there should be no surprise about the price tag and especially since this involves City.

City buy players just for fun,,to show that they have the money and making fun of us

If they did get Milner, you'll see him open his arms and smile widely saying WELCOME TO MANCHESTER (replacing Tevez ad)
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Super Madrid wrote:I rate Milner and he is a very versatile player but can anybody explain why City are buying him? Where is he to play?

Their current wingers include SWP who is leaving, and Petrov who is an ageing crock. Personally i would buy N'Zogbia for half the price, there's no way i would spend this much on Milner, but then i'm thinking about it from a normal clubs POV.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu May 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Their current wingers include SWP who is leaving, and Petrov who is an ageing crock. Personally i would buy N'Zogbia for half the price, there's no way i would spend this much on Milner, but then i'm thinking about it from a normal clubs POV.
    At the moment they used Johnson and Bellamy on the wings when playing a 4-4-2 and when they played a 4-3-3 they have Bellamy+Tevez and Johnson for those players.

I have seen Milner play in central midfield this season but I haven't followed Aston Villa that much this season except some big games. If they are buying him as a sort of link between midfield and attack then it might be smart business.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

At the moment they used Johnson and Bellamy on the wings when playing a 4-4-2 and when they played a 4-3-3 they have Bellamy+Tevez and Johnson for those players.

I have seen Milner play in central midfield this season but I haven't followed Aston Villa that much this season except some big games. If they are buying him as a sort of link between midfield and attack then it might be smart business.

Johnson played once last season(and 4 times in the last 2), he's a burger eating alcoholic, and Bellamy isn't really a winger, he can play as a sort of wing forward in a 4-3-3 but he's shite defensively and can't be trusted to put in a good cross.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Thu May 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Wrong Johnson Kimbo. I hear you have that problem a lot..
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Fuck, forgot about Adam! cheers Yeah he's very good.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu May 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Michael Johnson lol!

Typical northerner. So much potential but ruined his career through pie eating.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Kimbo wrote:

N'Zogbia to back up Adam Johnson Question

Birmingham are the only club to bid for him btw. (£7.5mil)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu May 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Would be a great signing for Brum - good move for N'Zogbia too. He shouldn't go to someone like Citeh where his playing time will be limited and where he'd likely be subsumed my other better players next summer.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Big 4 Billy Bollocks™️ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Both can play on either wing, why does one need to be back up?

Birminghams bid was a joke, i don't know what they were thinking.
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Thu May 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Big 4 Billy Bollocks™️ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Both can play on either wing, why does one need to be back up?

Birminghams bid was a joke, i don't know what they were thinking.
    The last sentence Ale Ale
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Thu May 20, 2010 3:56 pm

They already have Barry-De jong as their 2 main CMs, I don't think Milner will be an improvement on them. I think they should raid Spurs for both *Bale and Modric(play him central to link midfield and forwards), not only would it severely weaken a direct competitor, but those players could massively improve them.

*They could play him wide left or right in a 4-4-2, or on the left of a midfield 3. To me he's not defensively sound enough to become a top class LB, nor is he prolific enough to play in a front 3. Although they are quite different, i think he excels in similar positions as Malouda ie wide midfield role in a 4-4-2 or on the left of a midfield 3.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu May 20, 2010 4:03 pm

James Milner is content to put his club future on hold until after the World Cup but admits he does not know if he will still be at Aston Villa next season.

Milner insists he is focused 100% on helping England achieve glory in South Africa.

But the midfielder is in demand after an outstanding season, with Manchester City tabling a £20million bid on Wednesday for the 24-year-old which was instantly rejected by Villa.

Milner has two years remaining of his current deal at Villa Park which he signed when he made a club record £12million switch from Newcastle in the summer of 2008.

He is due to hold talks over a new contract but is adamant his priority is helping Fabio Capello's side in South Africa - assuming he is part of the final 23-man squad.

Milner said: "Do I expect to be at Villa next season? I don't know. I've worked as hard as I can and concentrated on club football while the season has been on.

"Now it has finished, I'm focusing on England - and that's the only thing I am focusing on.

"The speculation about my own future is not distracting. There are always going to be rumours about every player in every club when the transfer window opens.

"To be linked with any clubs is flattering but I'm just concentrating on England at this time.

"The season finished at Villa a week and a bit ago and we all said we would discuss it (my future) after the World Cup.

"I've enjoyed my time at Aston Villa, it's a good club, we've had a lot of success this season, came close in two competitions, and we are moving forward."

Capello recently described Milner as "the future" for England and he has made great strides this season at Villa after being switched into a central midfield role by manager Martin O'Neill.

But the PFA Young Player Of The Year is determined not to rest on his laurels.

He said: "It is nice to hear praise from any manager but it is then down to you to prove that correct and drive on again and try and improve again.

"You can't stand still especially with the competition that is about. You just want to become the best player possible and do as well as you can every time you train or play a game.

"Have I improved? You would like to think you've improved every season and I am lucky enough to be working at a good club with a great manager and staff and some very good players.

"There are some very good players here with England and, if you can't learn anything from playing with those sort of players, you are going to struggle.

"I'll just keep playing as well as I can and hopefully force my way into the 23."

Milner is the most capped player for England at Under-21 level but knows the World Cup will be an extra step up.

He said: "The World Cup is the biggest competition you can play in. The whole world is watching.

"As a player, you want to play against the best players, test yourself, and play in the best tournaments, whether its the Champions League or World Cups.

"Every player is desperate to get on the plane to South Africa and prove themselves on the biggest stage."

Milner poses a biggest threat as an attack-minded midfielder but is ready to drop anchor and fill the void left by the more defensive-orientated Gareth Barry if his former Villa team-mate is ruled out through injury.

He said: "Whether there is a role for me in place of Gareth is down to the manager. If he asks me to play there, I'll be prepared to play there.

"I've played there most of the season. I'm happy there, there is no difference to playing there than with your club. I'll be happy to play there."

==================

oooh! What a bitch!?!?!

Debbie, get your leather black double ended dildo out. This boy needs punishing...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:43 pm