Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Chocolate Thunder
COTR
The Easter Bunny
fcb
Roger Hunt
Glenarch of the Glen
Tweesus
TheCrazy58
EM Seleção e Selecção
Balls Grayson
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
christmasborocooper
debaser
Parks lives
Yef
Deluded F*ck™
stinger
Kimbo
L.r.d
Batman
25 posters

Milner demands to leave Newcastle

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Milner demands to leave Newcastle Empty Milner demands to leave Newcastle

Post by Batman Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Newcastle have revealed that midfielder James Milner has handed in a transfer request as he seeks a move before the end of the transfer window on Monday.

The 22-year-old has been a key player under Kevin Keegan, scoring in the 3-2 Carling Cup win at Coventry on Tuesday.

However, having been linked with Aston Villa all summer, it appears Milner has decided his future lies elsewhere.

"We have yet to receive an offer for James that matches our valuation," read a club statement.

"The club is very disappointed that James sees his footballing future as being away from St James' Park. He is a valued member of the squad and it is only a year ago that he signed an improved long-term contract here."

Newspaper reports claimed on Wednesday that Villa boss Martin O'Neill was preparing a £9m offer for Milner.

Milner was on the verge of joining the Villans in August 2006 for around £4m after a lengthy spell there on loan, but Newcastle pulled out of the deal at the 11th hour at the end of the transfer window.

Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Milner, who signed a new four-year contract at St James' Park only last year.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Milner demands to leave Newcastle Empty Re: Milner demands to leave Newcastle

Post by L.r.d Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:49 pm

He isnt worth any more than 3 mill, not enough pace to be anything special with the talents he has.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Oh no. Rolling Eyes

Why do Villa want him so badly? He's incredibly average. If they're really offering £9m i would bite their arm off, i would've sold him for £6m a month ago.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 pm

It looks like he's going to Villa Park, Villa fans are extremely happy with him, they are writing about him as he's a world class talent Smile.
    Newcastle probably will get 9-10 mln pounds for him. He will improve Aston Villa, since he will be better than playing Reo-Coker on right midfield, but I don't really rate him too.
    But it leaves Newcastle without any right midfielder...
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:22 pm

stinger wrote:It looks like he's going to Villa Park, Villa fans are extremely happy with him, they are writing about him as he's a world class talent Smile.
    Newcastle probably will get 9-10 mln pounds for him. He will improve Aston Villa, since he will be better than playing Reo-Coker on right midfield, but I don't really rate him too.

I know, they keep calling him one of our best players, clueless fuckos.

Jonas can play there, he's right footed afterall. I always though the future was Jonas on the right and Zog on the left.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    stinger wrote:It looks like he's going to Villa Park, Villa fans are extremely happy with him, they are writing about him as he's a world class talent Smile.

Jonas can play there, he's right footed afterall. I always though the future was Jonas on the right and Zog on the left.
    OK. I can see Newcastle going after Malouda after selling Milner, just won't understand getting another left footed player.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 pm

stinger wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

OK. I can see Newcastle going after Malouda after selling Milner, just won't understand getting another left footed player.

Bollocks, don't say that to me! I think we'll go after someone younger than Malouda.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Another Rat scurries to leave the sinking ship...

Newcy have to clear space for Owen's upcoming fat contract anyway ok
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Yef Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Hip Hip Heurelho™️ wrote:Another Rat scurries to leave the sinking ship...

I have a feeling Kimbo will react to this TS.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Yef wrote:

I was only expressing my opinion.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Yef wrote:

You're right

1 Chelsea 2 2 0 0 5 0 5 6
    2 Liverpool 2 2 0 0 3 1 2 6
    3 Blackburn Rovers 2 1 1 0 4 3 1 4
    4 Hull City 2 1 1 0 3 2 1 4
    5 Newcastle United 2 1 1 0 2 1 1 4
    5 Manchester United 2 1 1 0 2 1 1 4
    7 Aston Villa 2 1 0 1 6 5 1 3
    8 Manchester City 2 1 0 1 5 4 1 3
    9 Bolton Wanderers 2 1 0 1 3 2 1 3
    10 Everton 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
    11 Middlesbrough 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
    12 Sunderland 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
    12 Fulham 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
    14 Arsenal 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
    15 Stoke City 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 3
    16 West Ham 2 1 0 1 2 4 -2 3
    17 Tottenham Hotspur 2 0 0 2 2 4 -2 0
    18 West Bromwich 2 0 0 2 1 3 -2 0
    18 Wigan Athletic 2 0 0 2 1 3 -2 0
    20 Portsmouth 2 0 0 2 0 5 -5 0

As you can see the good ship Newcastle is floating well and torpedoing everyone who dares cross our path, HMS Tottingham on the other hand have transformed into a submarine.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:38 pm

How desperate are Newcastle? Since when have you ever seen something like a joint 5th on the league table?

Even then they've put themselves ahead of Man United, even though M comes before N. Laughing
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:41 pm

Parks lives wrote:How desperate are Newcastle? Since when have you ever seen something like a joint 5th on the league table?

Even then they've put themselves ahead of Man United, even though M comes before N. Laughing

They? It's from yahoo you C0ck.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2008-2009/league-tables/
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Kimbo wrote:

He is a world class talent and one of Newcastle's best players. I am Villa fan for we are legion Rolling Eyes

But anyway, away from such silly generalisations based on a bunch of morons on forums...he'll be a decent signing for Villa, if, as suspected, this transfer request is leading that way. We need a natural right sided midfielder, and while he may lack the pace to be a top class RW, we are not lacking for pace elsewhere, and I think he'll be able to chip in with a few assists and such. He did fine on loan and he should fit in well, having probably played plenty with ReoCoker, Young, Agbonlahor and co. with the U21s
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm

The Tottenham Warship is still under construction, we haven't left the docks yet as we currently don't have the right equipment, and are prepared to suffer a couple of minor losses in battle to make significant gains in the overall war.

On The other Hand, Newcastle's Ark is only afloat because they got to fight the Man United 3rd choice division, and then Kevin Nolan couldn't shoot his cannon with any vigour.

Once that outdated wooden shell is punctured (Michael Owen's limbs) it'll take a lot of money to restore the antique to decent condition (a big fat contract maybe?)

Last edited by Hip Hip Heurelho™ on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:How desperate are Newcastle? Since when have you ever seen something like a joint 5th on the league table?

They? It's from yahoo you C0ck.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2008-2009/league-tables/

Well then they are retarded and you're stupid for using a site that comes up with such ridiculous ways of printing league tables.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Did well for Villa when he was there before didnt he? Was that when he got about 14 assists in one season and Newcastle fans were excited to have him back?

Maye O'Neill found a way to get the best out of him..or he might just fit into his system better. Im sure he can cross a ball to Carew so he should do alright.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Hip Hip Heurelho™ wrote:The Tottenham Warship is still under construction, we haven't left the docks yet as we currently don't have the right equipment, and are prepared to suffer a couple of minor losses in battle to make significant gains in the overall war.

On The other Hand, Newcastle's Ark is only afloat because they got to fight the Man United 3rd choice division, and then Kevin Nolan couldn't shoot his cannon with any vigour.

Once that outdated wooden shell is punctured (Michael Owen's limbs) it'll take a lot of money to restore the antique to decent condition (a big fat contract maybe?)

Warship? You're a merchant vessel, you live to trade!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:54 pm

borocooper wrote:Did well for Villa when he was there before didnt he? Was that when he got about 14 assists in one season and Newcastle fans were excited to have him back?

Maye O'Neill found a way to get the best out of him..or he might just fit into his system better. Im sure he can cross a ball to Carew so he should do alright.

* O'Leary managed him.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    borocooper wrote:Did well for Villa when he was there before didnt he? Was that when he got about 14 assists in one season and Newcastle fans were excited to have him back?

* O'Leary managed him.
    O'Leary then.

Must've found a way to get the best out of him.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Yeah he did pretty good. Got 10+ assists in a v bad season overall. It was actually pre-O'Neill, O'Leary's last season where we finished just above relegation, he was one of the brighter spots. O'Neill did try to sign him permanently that following summer.

Thing with O'Neill is he rates character/personality/'likelihood to fit in with squad' as v.important with his signings - Milner seems to have good attitude, no-nonsense, hardworking-type who will already know a lot of Villa's players. Obviously this alone is not enough, but these factors are probably why he's pursuing Milner over other possible RWs.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm not particularly happy about this. I've posted before that I'm not a huge fan of Milner - I don't think he is a huge talent; he does lack pace; he sometimes hogs the touchline too much, especially on the left wing, where I don't think he can really play; and his crossing is poor and hasn't improved in all the time that he's been with us. I suggested a few weeks ago that I'd gladly sell him for something like £8 million + - and doing that would still make sense from a business perspective - I don't think he is worth quite that much money.

But now we are days away from the end of the transfer window - Milner has started the season well; he's looking really fit; he had a very good game last night against Coventry, and his performance suggests that he could be an alternative for us in the centre of the pitch, as a forward or as an attacking midfielder - and on the wings, with Milner, we have good strength in depth - and I don't see us replacing him before the window shuts if we do sell him now.

I'm actually irritated with Milner. Keegan has shown a huge deal of faith in him, and complimented him abundantly last night - he's made it clear that he wants Milner at the club. I can understand if Milner feels that the club and the fans haven't shown faith in him in the past, but I don't understand Milner handing in a transfer request now, after last night in particular, and I think it is disrespectful of him. It's entirely unhelpful too because we don't have much time in which to sell him; we will struggle to find a replacement for him; and if we can't sell him, we are left with a potentially unhappy player.

His transfer request would make most sense to me if he wants to move to Liverpool and knows that Liverpool are willing to put in a decent bid for him.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:I'm not particularly happy about this. I've posted before that I'm not a huge fan of Milner - I don't think he is a huge talent; he does lack pace; he sometimes hogs the touchline too much, especially on the left wing, where I don't think he can really play; and his crossing is poor and hasn't improved in all the time that he's been with us. I suggested a few weeks ago that I'd gladly sell him for something like £8 million + - and doing that would still make sense from a business perspective - I don't think he is worth quite that much money.

But now we are days away from the end of the transfer window - Milner has started the season well; he's looking really fit; he had a very good game last night against Coventry, and his performance suggests that he could be an alternative for us in the centre of the pitch, as a forward or as an attacking midfielder - and on the wings, with Milner, we have good strength in depth - and I don't see us replacing him before the window shuts if we do sell him now.

I'm actually irritated with Milner. Keegan has shown a huge deal of faith in him, and complimented him abundantly last night - he's made it clear that he wants Milner at the club. I can understand if Milner feels that the club and the fans haven't shown faith in him in the past, but I don't understand Milner handing in a transfer request now, after last night in particular, and I think it is disrespectful of him. It's entirely unhelpful too because we don't have much time in which to sell him; we will struggle to find a replacement for him; and if we can't sell him, we are left with a potentially unhappy player.

His transfer request would make most sense to me if he wants to move to Liverpool and knows that Liverpool are willing to put in a decent bid for him.
    Maybe it's his vengeance for being so unceremoniously screwed out of his move at the last minute 2 yrs ago.

The other thing for Newcastle, if he's left unreplaced, is that it surely must promote Smith and Barton each one step closer to the starting line-up. Eek.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:30 pm

debaser wrote:Maybe it's his vengeance for being so unceremoniously screwed out of his move at the last minute 2 yrs ago.

The other thing for Newcastle, if he's left unreplaced, is that it surely must promote Smith and Barton each one step closer to the starting line-up. Eek.

Keegan and Ashley were well out of order there. Erm

Smith and Barton aren't right wingers, so i don't get that point. If anything it will get LuaLua closer to a starting position, which isn't a bad thing at all. <Ale>
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Some fans are speculating that Milner handed in his transfer request prior to last night's game at Coventry - and that his performance last night was him putting himself in the shop window, and that Keegan's zealous post match comments were made to try and build interest and secure a decent price for him. Which would all make sense.

It is partly because I do think that Milner is an honest and hard working player that I'm surprised over his transfer request, and over the timing of it. I don't see him as the vengeful or disrespectful type - and that's why it would make most sense to me if Liverpool are interested in him and are willing to put in a bid. He could see a move to Liverpool as a one-time opportunity, necessitating such action. But like I say, I think, by leaving his decision so late, and by handing in a transfer request, he's really inconvenienced Newcastle.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:41 pm

http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/english-football-f3/milner-to-villa-the-deals-off-t1473.htm#49014

mccain isnt so bad
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:41 pm

With the Smith/Barton thing, I was thinking that if it means Jonas/N'zog more likely to be played wide, there'll be less cover in the middle. If LuaLua steps up and plays all the games Milner would've played, then that's kind of a moot point, but will he?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Is it true Milner is the only other player other than Paul Scholes who doesnt or didnt have an agent?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:55 pm

He's one of a few players who are missing a neck.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Geremi RM?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 pm