Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Football Genius
COTR
110%
Pierre Littbarski
forza_rossi
Tom
poiuy1
Sgoater1
christmasborocooper
Brian2468
Tweesus
Kimbo
16 posters

Lennon V Milner

Poll

Who's the better player?

[ 21 ]
    Lennon V Milner Bar_left81%Lennon V Milner Bar_right [81%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Lennon V Milner Bar_left19%Lennon V Milner Bar_right [19%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Lennon V Milner Empty Lennon V Milner

Post by Kimbo Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:16 pm

I don't believe we've had this comparison before, hardly surprising considering the lack of Spuds flower and Geordies pirat .

Well, who's better???

Both are 20 years old, one had one of the highest assist tallys in the league last season and the other SOMEHOW got called up to the world cup despite doing very little in the league.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Lennon V Milner Empty Re: Lennon V Milner

Post by Tweesus Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:17 pm

Milner has a better end product but Lennon has more pace and skill, its a toughy
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:25 pm

Kimbo wrote:I don't believe we've had this comparison before, hardly surprising considering the lack of Spuds flower and Geordies pirat .

Well, who's better???

Both are 20 years old, one had one of the highest assist tallys in the league last season and the other SOMEHOW got called up to the world cup despite doing very little in the league.
    End product is what its all about dont you think Question
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:21 am

if so......Downing>>>Lennnon
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:24 am

I think Lennon is more of a raw talent than Milner, he is more dynamic and can change a game with his dribbling ability. I think Milner is good and i agree that he has more end product but i think that is a part of Lennons game he can add over the years to come. Still i think SWP when he was at City was far better than both. He needs to move and re discover his form and he will be the best right winger in the EPL.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:26 am

Kimbo wrote:I don't believe we've had this comparison before, hardly surprising considering the lack of Spuds flower and Geordies pirat .

Well, who's better???

Is that Aspriah (sp?) scored some great goals Cool

I remember one in the UEFA cup two footed volley <Ale>
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:32 am

Lennon is in a whole different league to milner.
    And for most of the season he didnt start much. first routledge then taino were picked ahead of him.

Then towards the end he began to start most games, and he was great in most of them. Milner is ok i suppose
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:47 am

What EXACTLY has Lennon done to be considered better than Milner?

For pace and skill there's very little between them, the only big difference for me is end product. The stats show that with Milner being one of the best assisters in the league last season while playing for ASTON VILLA. I'm 100% confident Milner will have a better season than Lennon AGAIN next season.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:49 am

poiuy1 wrote:

Well, who's better???

Is that Aspriah (sp?) scored some great goals Cool

I remember one in the UEFA cup two footed volley <Ale>

Ah young one, you should check out his compilation. He's my footballing idol.(and it's Asprilla) afro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PUwYwDfgOU
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:49 am

Off topic but ive just been reading how Newcastle and Pompey are fighting it out for Ben Haim. I would be suprised if Bolton let him go but he would be a great signing.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:55 am

Sgoater1 wrote:Off topic but ive just been reading how Newcastle and Pompey are fighting it out for Ben Haim. I would be suprised if Bolton let him go but he would be a great signing.

I'm not sure that rumour is serious, we'll have to wait and see. You rate him?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:04 am

Kimbo wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:Off topic but ive just been reading how Newcastle and Pompey are fighting it out for Ben Haim. I would be suprised if Bolton let him go but he would be a great signing.

I'm not sure that rumour is serious, we'll have to wait and see. You rate him?

From what ive seen he looks decent but my familty all have bolton season tickets and they say he is top draw. Big Sam rates him V highly so i dont think they would sell for a fair bit of cash.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:37 am

Lennon has the greater potential and is prettier on the eye but Milner scrapes it for me at present because of his end product
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:02 am

And because Lennon plays for Spurs Wink

I cant really choose between them. I like Lennon a lot but i also rate Milner quite highly. I wont vote Cool
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:04 am

BallackTheBlue wrote:And because Lennon plays for Spurs Wink

I cant really choose between them. I like Lennon a lot but i also rate Milner quite highly. I wont vote Cool

I voted Milner but he only has two votes (assuming the other one is Kimbo) so it seems most people think Lennon Neutral
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:07 am

Most people would base that on last season and the world cup, so they cant really be wrong in their opinion.
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by forza_rossi Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:09 am

sorry i've seen more of lennon so i had to vote for him
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:27 pm

Pennant & Ashley Young >>>>> Lennon & Milner

elephant
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:40 pm

My knowledge of milner is limited, but if he is so good why does his team loan him out? Also his position does not seem clear, is he a striker or a winger?

I don't think Spurs would loan out Lennon as he is one of their best players.

Also hasn't Milner been playing a lot longer in the EPL than lennon, making his debut at 16 for leeds (I think)? So he has NOT really progressed in the last few years.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:45 pm

pennant and SWP should have also been in this poll
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:35 pm

Tweedledum wrote:Milner has a better end product but Lennon has more pace and skill, its a toughy

My thoughts exactly, i believe Milner has the potential to use the team better and build moves, as opposed to Lennon whom i believe is a explosive impact player, i guess should the both progress to obtain regular end product it would be a matter of choice as to which you would rather, personally i find Lennons pace a greater threat, defenders absolutely detest people that quick running at them, Henry V Carragher at Anfied is a great example, Carragher is a rock, but Henrys pace that day was impossible to contain.
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:40 pm

I agree with Football Genius, Lennon has the wow factor although Milner is capable of bits of magic andif he could take his game up one more level then the skys the limint. Pace, skill and an end product.
    His assist for Villa when he beat his man with ease and squared it last season is evidence of that. Also, i think he was good for the under 21s.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:11 am

i don't really care about milner having higher assists, lennon is just on another level imo. This boy is gonna be star soon if he is played in the right team/formation. He can be effective in a game without scoring or giving an assist; because of his ability to easily beat players, teams try to nullify him by double marking him,this leaves space for his team to exploit.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:27 am

Milner is a quality player, but he doesnt have that explosive acceleration and deftness of touch that Lennon has.

Both are Leeds United youth Products, so living in this part of the country at the time I heard a lot about both: Milner is an extremeley intelligent player, but is not as dynamic/tricky as Lennon.

In other words, Lennon as an Out and Out old fashioned winger with that WOW factor; Milner on the otherhand, like he was at Leeds, is more of a link up man who could quite easily play in the centre of the park as he doesnt strike me, or indeed those who saw him at Leeds, as an out and out wideman.

But when you think of Lennon, SWP, Pennant, Milner- here are 4 (in the case of pennant and SWP- "fairly") young and potentially very very good players, it bodes well for when Beckham finally hangs up his boots
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:22 am

@110%

Souness was the manager of Newcastle at the time and we all know that he knows absolutely NOTHING about football.

Milner had the third highest assists in the league last season AND scored more goals than Lennon. So in effect, Milner is the better player.

However, he didn't play for a fashionable team, is ugly and isn't a technically sound as Lennon so lennon gets all the plaudits.

In the long run, Lennon will be the better player though although Milner is superb - there is a reason that he broke through to the Leeds first team before Lennon...
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:24 pm

I saw this thread - and I'm wondering Kimbo; Just how special is Milner? I mean, is he really special Question Does he have that X-Factor, that Like a Star @ heaven quality that Lennon posseses?

I have no doubts that he's a good player. Sure he was productive, but did he have any impact in games vs. the top 4 last season? Lennon did. I know who I'd rather not play against. People forget that last season was Lennon's 1st in the EPL, and that he started off as the back-up to the unfortunate Routledge. The stats favour Milner, but Lennon has the bigger potential for me.

And as a side note, let go of your gripe with us - if Newcastle United are a better team than Tottenham Hotspur as you so often insinuate with these constant comparisms, prove it over the course of a league season, as we've finished higher for the past 2 afro
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:26 pm

Tweedledum wrote:

In the long run, Lennon will be the better player though although Milner is superb - there is a reason that he broke through to the Leeds first team before Lennon...
    Because, he's like 18 months older?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:26 pm

Rather have Downing myself Wink
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:28 pm

TeamSpirit™ wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:

Because, he's like 18 months older?

Very defensive of you TS.

Milner was 16 and 76 days at his first team debut, how old was Lennon?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:33 pm

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:we've finished higher for the past 2 afro

Probably not the best idea to bring premiership finishes into this TS. Laughing

And does Lennon have the "X-Factor"??? How can you tell when he's barely done anything yet. Surely you can only judge that after they've had a full season?!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:01 pm