Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Chris Bart Williams
Fey
Xavier
Hlebagone
Cristiano
The Pröfessör
TheCrazy58
Balack was Coward
Ä
Chris 23*
Romford Pele
ERIK LAMELA
Pierre Littbarski
shazlx
The Chosen Glenn
Effenberg
stinger
Brian2468
Sheffield gunner
TM
debaser
S4P
Luis
Isco Benny
BoBo Vieri 32
Kimbo
Murray
Puro
Jaime
Super Progress
bluenine
christmasborocooper
Antarion
messiah
MightyBarca
Kroos
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
41 posters

Champions League Quarter-finals Thread

Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Champions League Quarter-finals Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-finals Thread

Post by Super Progress Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Malaga have been surprisingly good this season in Cl but I take a long view. The English league was the best because their top 4 proved again and again. We will see with Malaga if they can continue to perform next season as well. I doubt it. Atletico will probably lose Falcao next season and then what?

In terms of quality the second tier in Spain is not good enough to maintain the form imo. Malaga was probably the best chance of a Spanish team that could finally provide a really good third team but their owner isn't too rich after all so I can't see any change in the current situation.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
    Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
    Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
    Registration date : 2013-04-08

Champions League Quarter-finals Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-finals Thread

Post by Balack was Coward Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Shame about their owner, Malaga were desperately unlucky the other day not to make it to the SF. I can see them selling a few more players in the summer and if that's the case Pelligrini will probably leave and the team won't qualify for the CL again.If Atletico reinvest their money they get for Falcao they could have a good run in the CL. I heard they already have a agreement with Rayo Vallecano to sign Leo Baptistao for about £5 million, this guy has a lot of potential.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 pm

It is a shame because La Liga has become very boring in recent years. Real Madrid has been poor this season so Atletico has been able to get in there although they have actually been very impressive despite this.

If Atletico keep Simeone and make some smart transfers then perhaps but I'm not counting on it and if Simeone leaves then I can't imagine them even getting Cl again.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 am

Fey wrote:
    Kroos wrote:
    Fey wrote:It's more recent that Feyenoord won a European cup then any given German team..I think that says it all. Though the German league is on the rise for sure, they do need to get some silverware fast. I did enjoy the tedious Bundesliga propaganda commercials in asia. It could have been made by Kroos!

thats awesome, tell me about it, maybe you find something on youtube cheers

Already tried, I only get WW2 stuff, fuckin asians Sad It was so awesome, it was about the fact that you have the best youngsters in the world. The most goals per game, which is nonsense cause the Eredivisie has more I believe. Also you had the best stadiums in the world with the best atmosphere, best referees etc.

I swear you could have made it, needless to say I was thinking about you when I watched it Champions League Quarter-finals Thread - Page 13 F_lovebl

cheers Blush
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:38 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
    Kroos wrote:Italy has no golden generation, just a few gems, but the backbone for every top league are homegrown players

FFP

no money from Berlusconi, Moratti........

building new arenas and infrastructure will hinder clubs to strengthen there squads

thats good reasons why i believe that italien club football will need some time to reach top level again

2006 was completly different, the MILAN side peaked at this time, and your golden generation from italy too,

italy made just 2 semifinals since 2007, hardly impressive, and both snatched the title

All this goes to show is that Germans these days are a bunch of bottle jobs as shown by Bayern last year and 2010. When italian clubs reached the final, they finished the job.

true, but when i look back, INTER was far superior to Bayern, and Milan had a really great generation, bayern will also become such a side
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 am

Tarun wrote:Buddy...I find your words like 'utterly raped' a bit out of place! This is our first CL QF after a long gap & this is a side that is rebuilding. And what do you expect Buffon & Pirlo to do after losing? Laugh!!!

That said congratulations to Bayern for the win! They were the better side by miles over the 2 legs & there is no embarrassment to lose to a side like them.

Had we drawn against sides like Barca & RM I would have expected the same outcome. We are not a side that is ready yet & yesterday's loss shows that there is much to improve for the personnel in the team as well as the experience of the relatively new coach in Conte. But I am sure we will be featuring a bit more regularly in the UCL from now on.

Kroos wrote:A SWEET WIN IN ITALY

LOVED THE SAD FACES FROM BUFFON AND PIRLO

UTTERLY RAPED

and compared to gomez, mandz. is way slower, like i said numerous times, beside his workrate he is utter shit, 2 goals in the cl, gomez scored 12 last season,, but i can`t deny it, he is an animal in terms of working and pressing, thats also helpful for teammates, not sure if it`s as helpful as a nice lead, thats would gomez offer

PURO i wouldn`t be to excited, i am sure gomez will play

4:0 is raping, i thought juve is nearly as good as bayern

but juve has some great players, what you need is flair and pace, a sanchez type, your midfield and defence is awesome, but you have to pressure the opponent with quality attackers, don`t think that llorente is a real upgrade
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 am

Bayern-Barca
    Dortmund-Real

Come on Dortmund Ale
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
    Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini

Post by Balack was Coward Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am

I've been saying since the start of the season Madrid will win it, not because they are the best team, I don't know I just had/have a feeling it's their year. I also predicted that they would face United this year before the competition even started, again just had a feeling.

Either way all the remaining games will be great.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:51 am

Good draw! Would have preferred Barca-Dortmund and Bayern-Madrid but with the Adidas-Nike factor in play that was never gonna happen. Also Dortmund already showed Madrid they can beat them. But this is better then an all Spanish/German semi. Good news for Madrid, me thinks they have more chance in beating Barca in one game. And imagine to do it in the final...with Moureen giving everyone the finger.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 am

great draw indeed. no ger vs ger and not real again. my wish fullfilled
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Wanted durtmund but it is what it is, bayerns wing play will cause us all sorts of problem.

Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Massive advantage for both Spanish teams to start away first though...luck of the draw of course...Bayern-FC Messi should have been the final, based on the most recent performances. I think Bayern will kill Barca, Madrid wins from Dortmund and then obviously wins the final, cause a German team in a CL final.... Champions League Quarter-finals Thread - Page 13 F_biggri
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:17 pm

i expect a german final

THINK ABOUT IT

dortmund is more balanced, there first 11 is as good as madrids, they defend as team, they create chances for fun, they just have to convert them

barca is beatable, our wingplay, our steel in midfield, our world class full backs and pressing will RIP THEMA APART cheers Wink
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Certainly won't be a all Spanish final but their could be a all Germany won.
    We need to give pep a call in order to beat Bayern so we can get back our awesomeness and by awesomeness I mean xavi gives us one of those games if he does as always zero percent change we lose.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:05 pm

El Classico Final it is cheers

Last edited by Zlatan's little helper on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:07 pm

this is my back 4 against Barca

boateng-lahm-dante-alaba

lol!
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:08 pm

English teams have zero chance of winning it this year.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Kroos wrote:i expect a german final

THINK ABOUT IT

dortmund is more balanced, there first 11 is as good as madrids, they defend as team, they create chances for fun, they just have to convert them

barca is beatable, our wingplay, our steel in midfield, our world class full backs and pressing will RIP THEMA APART cheers Wink

I was more impressed with Dortmund when we played them in the group stages than what I saw against Malaga. It will be a Bayern-Real Madrid final methinks. Ale
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 pm

messiah wrote:Certainly won't be a all Spanish final but their could be a all Germany won.
    We need to give pep a call in order to beat Bayern so we can get back our awesomeness and by awesomeness I mean xavi gives us one of those games if he does as always zero percent change we lose.

So which team do you think has zero chance of getting to the final, Barca or Real?
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Jaime wrote:

THINK ABOUT IT

I was more impressed with Dortmund when we played them in the group stages than what I saw against Malaga. It will be a Bayern-Real Madrid final methinks. Ale

well against Malaga they created at least 6-8 100 % chances, and they were favourite, they showed some nerves, now they are again outsider
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Mandzukic suspended for 1st leg of semi.

He works hard for the team and is maybe a better penalty box striker than Gomez but Gomez is quicker and can strike the ball with either foot from outside the box and I think is better.

This is Pierre talking? scratch Yikes affraid

Mandzukic's workrate and all-round play have been a revelation lately, absolutely crucial in the CL. I don't understand the comments about striking the ball outside the box – I'd lean towards Pizza over Gomez, particularly against Barça; too many tough games against big opposition when playing with Gomez is like playing with ten men. But such a decision would be a heavy incitement for him to leave. Tend to agree with Zlatan though, it's probably for the best, especially under Guardiola.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Jaime wrote:

THINK ABOUT IT

Yeah Dortmund were very dangerous at Malaga but they looked uninspired at home and were not for that absolute fool that is Demichelis they would have gone through. In that respect I'm happy we are playing away first.

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

THINK ABOUT IT

Yeah Dortmund were very dangerous at Malaga but they looked uninspired at home and were not for that absolute fool that is Demichelis they would have gone through. In that respect I'm happy we are playing away first.

Even in the 1st leg though they played ok but their finishing was sooooooooooooo appalling. I hope they play Sahin!
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:Bayern comfortable over the 2 legs and without Kroos tonight that's no mean feat.

Juventus one of the best teams in Europe (prob 5th) but clearly a step down from Bayern.

Which is fine but its not too easy to see where they can strengthen - if you take tonight's 1st team but with Lichsteiner RWB its only really Quagliarella (occasionally brilliant) who is the obvious one to be upgraded.

The most satisfying thing about this is that we have the 4 best teams in Europe in the semis so the draw has worked out well.

Its not just Litchsteiner, but also Vidal who is one of the best in the world in his position IMO. Juve are clearly a step below the european heavyweights at the mo, and that showed last night. To close the gap, Juve need to make a few changes:

1. A top striker or two. Quag & Vucinic could be decent options for the bench, but Juve need top quality starting strikers. A player like Suarez will make all the difference. I would suggest that they get rid of Anelka, Bendtner, Giovinco, and Matri, and get two forwards, a top CF like Suarez/Martinez and a support striker like Sanchez. This is the most obvious step up that uve need, and they have to spend big here to make that step up. There is no shortcut here.

2. Get rid of the 3-man defense. Its too tactically limiting for Europe.

3. If they have money after point 1, then they need to improve on Bonucci. Or get a top LB, and play Chiellini-Barzagli in the middle.

4. If they still have money left, get a Pirlo replacement - he cannot go on forever at this level.

In an ideal world, this would mean 4 top player buys for Juve, for example players like:

IN: Suarez, Baines, Verratti, Sanchez

The first two are critical, the latter two are desirable. Imagine a Juve starting XI like this, those 3 new players transform the quality of the team:

SUAREZ
    Asamoah -------------------------- SANCHEZ
    Marchisio --- Vidal
    Pirlo
    BAINES - Chiellini - Barzagli - Litchsteiner
    Buffon

Of course this is unrealistic under the current financial climate. But if I were Marrotta, I would focus all the transfer budget to get two players of Suarez and Baines quality. Vucinic/Quag could fill in for Sanchez for now. And Pirlo replacement could wait another year.

Its time for Juve to focus on world class or near world class players. 1-2 such players every window, and they will get there sooner rather than later.

Baines has created more than 100+ goalscoring chances this season, outrageous for a LB. A lot of them are crosses and set pieces, but still. His partnership with Baines is probably the best in the EPL.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 pm

The Baines and Baines partnership is brilliant. Imagine if we could clone Messi. Shocked
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Pienaar*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:56 pm