Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Allez les rouges
Axeslammer
shazlx
stinger
COTR
Murray
Hlebagone
110%
MightyBarca
bluenine
Deluded F*ck™
ERIK LAMELA
Xavier
The Pröfessör
Juligen
christmasborocooper
S4P
Pierre Littbarski
Cristiano
DD
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
debaser
Kimbo
TM
The Chosen Glenn
Fey
TheCrazy58
Isco Benny
Rosicky
Super Progress
Antarion
Kroos
Balack was Coward
Puro
messiah
Romford Pele
Effenberg
Luis
Jaime
43 posters

Champions League Semi Finals Thread

Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
    Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
    Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
    Registration date : 2013-04-08

Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Champions League Semi Finals Thread

Post by Balack was Coward Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Gomez can work fine but Manzukic is better for this system, hence why he has benched Gomez for Bayern.Lewandowski is probaly better than both of them and would thus, start for Germany if he was German.

Dante is better than any Germany CB not named Hummels,they are about the same level as each other, so Dante would start too.

Well IMO Swchwiensteiger is better than Gundogan in his role and Martinez is better than Schweinsteiger in the more defensive role.

Last edited by The Bald Prince on Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Champions League Semi Finals Thread

Post by blutgraetsche Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Ribery over Reus ? Yes of course, only a biased German would argue otherwise.

Erm....no. Or Götze even, or Özil, or Draxler. As if Germany of all sides has a problem in the attacking midfielder position.

Dante over Hummels ? No, Dante as well as Hummels.

Dante and Boateng played brilliantly. There is no reason to believe that Hummels and Boateng couldn't.

Martinez over Schweinsteiger ? Look at you twisting my logic, I said Martinez would play alongside Schweinsteiger.

See above.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
    Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini

Post by Balack was Coward Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm

"Dante and Boateng played brilliantly. There is no reason to believe that Hummels and Boateng couldn't."

Who said they couldn't work ? I am saying Hummels and Dante would work better, as they are both clearly better than Boeteng or Badstuber.

"Erm....no. Or Götze even, or Özil, or Draxler. As if Germany of all sides has a problem in the attacking midfielder position."

So you don't think Ribery is better than Reus, Gotze or Ozil ? No bias here. Laughing
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Congrats to Germany and the Bundesliga. The two best teams in the competition are in the final, both having put on a thrilling display of pace, power, tactics and tekkers. The best league in Europe

I shall not point out that they didn't have any teams in the Europa League quarter finals and that their top side won by a record number of points this season, and thus attempt to devalue their place at the head of the European football table by declaring it's not a competitive league from top to bottom. I shall not, because only barrel scraping party poopers do so when they should instead be congratulating. Ein lesson for SOME of our resident Germs perhaps??

That out of the way, let's all have ourselves a Teuton Party!! cheers

Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Page 24 Gay-leather-men
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Wed May 01, 2013 10:27 pm

messiah wrote:

We stand a better chance of turning it around than Madrid,

lol!
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Wed May 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Page 24 I12iCJFxKr2aq

cheers
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Wed May 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey, Blut's back! bet he'll stay after the final this year too Razz
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Wed May 01, 2013 11:40 pm

messiah wrote:
    Fey wrote:Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Page 24 Prevent-rape

cheers

lol!
    lol!
    blutgraetsche wrote:It's our turn. Ale
    I don't know about this to be honest. If Dortmund can't keep their team together then we are back to Bayern being the only really tough representative of Germany next year. Long term I think Germany will surely have an impact but even with this final I still think calls of Germany's turn are still premature. More likely to see the national team continue to get good results if not win.

blutgraetsche wrote:The best thing about these semis was how utterly stupid Löw now looks with his infuriatingly annoying excuses for not winning a title or two with so many quality players at his proposal. If there is a football God, Heynckes will replace him, preferably before WC 2014.

What a fucking waste.
    Thought it was only Otto of the Germans(and occasionally Kroos) who was for the firing of Low. Glad to see you come around.

Cristiano wrote:
    messiah wrote:

lol!
    lol!

This performance was shocking from Barcelona although I will say that Bayern were surprisingly aggressive when they were attacking. It was as if they were still hungry to prove themselves and humiliate Barcelona. This might one of the worst defeats in a semi of all time between two top teams.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Thu May 02, 2013 12:33 am

Man United vs Schalke was more one sided.

Darren fucking Gibson took part in the humiliation. Laughing
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 am

I have wanted Loew GONE ever since I saw the first gif of him picking his nose... that desire was only increased after the Ballack debacle.

That Schalke side was without their manager supreme Felix MAGATH, who led them there

Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Thu May 02, 2013 2:47 am

We haven't had a manager all season. lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu May 02, 2013 2:56 am

The Bald Prince wrote:We haven't had a manager all season. lol!

It was gonna be really tough replacing Pep. Ideally one wants to replace the one who replaced the legend.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 02, 2013 7:34 am

@The Bald Prince

Could you please elaborate what your point is? If you seriously believe that the individual class of the combined German contingent of Bayern and Dortmund, not to mention the other teams with quality German players, is not good enough to form a title winning team you are either deluded, an Löw apologist or simply thick. Probably the latter, as you still go on about the likes of Dante while completely ignoring the fact that he didn't even play yesterday.

The fact of the matter is that Germany has more than adequate alternatives for every position filled by foreigners of either team, with the exception of LB. The difference is not individual class, it's management. The ability to teach a team how to defend properly so even the likes of Van Buyten are made to look like world beaters, the principles of Pressing and 'Gegenpressing', the motivation skills to get primadonnas like Robben and Ribery tracking back like rabid Rottweilers etc. etc.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 am

debaser wrote:Hey, Blut's back! bet he'll stay after the final this year too Razz

Probably not. My gf was seriously pissed about me spending time on here yesterday after "all the football crap going on for two days again". Unfortunately, I'm not as ...disciplined as Kroos (the poster) to put football above the needs of my nether region...
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu May 02, 2013 7:51 am

The Bald Prince wrote:Well, there have been games since then where we have been on the raw end of crucial decisions. For example, 2 goals last week, Diego Milito offside goal, Ibrahimovic offside goal for PSG, wrongly disallowed goal for Messi vs Arsenal etc

Conveniently forgetting 2 stonewall penalties that Bayern should have gotten for Barca handballing in their own box, but hey why try to be objective when yo ucan whine instead like a little girl ? Razz
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu May 02, 2013 7:56 am

Cristiano wrote:
    messiah wrote:

lol!

Almost always right again lol!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 02, 2013 10:13 am

Super Mourinho wrote:
    I don't know about this to be honest. If Dortmund can't keep their team together then we are back to Bayern being the only really tough representative of Germany next year. Long term I think Germany will surely have an impact but even with this final I still think calls of Germany's turn are still premature. More likely to see the national team continue to get good results if not win.

A lot has been written about this Dortmund side being taken apart by the vultures this summer in the last few weeks. While it is true that Götze and Lewandowski are big losses, people tend to forget that Dortmund will have over €100m to spend this summer, just considering the CL and transfer revenues that is. The recent strength of the Bundesliga is all about the combination of top class talent in abundance and top class coaches getting the best out of them. With so many quality players coming through the ranks and being available for relatively modest sums, it'll be easier for the likes of Dortmund, Schalke or even Leverkusen to replace their key players once they leave for greener pastures. That strength comes from within and is here to stay.

The key for Dortmund is keeping Klopp. Lewandowski was a nobody before he came to Dortmund, Gündogan a talented player, but nowhere near the world beater he is now when he was playing for Nürnberg. Compare him to Ekici, for instance. Ekici who was rated just as highly as Gündogan was back then played for the same Nürnberg team, is now a real failure in Bremen, as much as it pains me to say this as a Werder fan. The difference is Klopp and his ability to get the best out of his players. As long as Klopp remains in charge in Dortmund, they will have a very competitive team. And if they continue to play the CL and advance to the later stages, their financial situation will continue to improve. They made a huge leap in this regard already and are in the Deloitte top 10 list, not even counting the huge CL revenues this season. And the more money they have at their proposal, the easier it'll be for them to hold on to their players.

Another thing is that other clubs like Schalke have just as much potential. They shot themselves in the foot this season, as they have done so often, but they have quite a number of genuine quality players who simply need direction. If Schalke sign the right manager this summer, they'll be a true force.

I don't believe the "Bayern will dominate the Bundesliga at will" mantra one bit btw. Of course they'll remain the team to beat, as always, but it remains to be seen how Pep will do in Munich (how to improve something that is very close to perfection, especially if they really pull off winning the treble?). And I firmly believe that the rest of the league will catch up and work on an effective antidote, that's simply the nature of the Bundesliga. One could say that Bayern themselves 'stole' key elements of that Dortmund side ('Gegenpressing') that dominated them in the league for more than two years.

Thought it was only Otto of the Germans(and occasionally Kroos) who was for the firing of Low. Glad to see you come around.

Before Euro 2012 I repeatedly wrote that we now have the players to win a major title and that nothing but a title counts from now on. Löw failed to deliver for a number of reasons. After this season latest, there are no excuses left.

I disagreed with otto's sweeping generalisations of "feminised Germans" and other, mostly not football-related nonsense. And I still believe (and actually feel vindicated by recent results) that only by taking the initiative instead of parking the bus the Spanish dominance could be truly broken. The problem are Löw's tactical limitations that prevent Germany from having the same rock solid defensive stability as Bayern or Dortmund that is a necessity for positive, attacking football to be successful. For years, I've been going on about those tactical limitations.

When I wrote that it is "our turn" I didn't just mean club football btw. Those players have now experienced that they not only can compete with the best Spain (or Italy for that matter) has to offer, they can beat (or rather annihilate) them. That is a huge psychological boost that can't be underestimated. And if Bayern win the final, they'll be even stronger than ever in this regard knowing how crushing that very unlucky defeat against Chelsea was last season.

The only stumbling block left is Löw himself. I'm rather pessimistic that he'll be able to learn from others and improve as a manager. Fortunately, he'll leave after 2014 WC latest anyway.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu May 02, 2013 10:23 am

Semi Final stats over 2 legs:

Possession: Barca 54% - 46% Bayern
    Goal attempts: Barca 44 - 16 Bayern
    Goals: Barca 0 - 7 Bayern

Too much tiki, too little taka.

DOMINATION!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu May 02, 2013 10:35 am

The Germans have waited 73 years to be this dominant in Europe again.

Now they are coming to my to my city to get revenge after my latest round of Berlin Madness...
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu May 02, 2013 10:37 am

bluenine wrote:Semi Final stats over 2 legs:

Possession: Barca 54% - 46% Bayern
    Goal attempts: Barca 44 - 16 Bayern
    Goals: Barca 0 - 7 Bayern

Too much tiki, too little taka.

DOMINATION!

Biggrin <Ale>
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 02, 2013 10:40 am

Heimspiel in Wembley! cheers

Football's coming home! cheers

How could there be a better way to celebrate the English FA's 150 year anniversary? Towels have been laid all over London already. Ale
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu May 02, 2013 10:47 am

What's German for "we are going to Wemb-er-ley?"

:p
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am

@blut

Germany have some great talent now, and should be ready to win some trophies. Good GK, good defense (even the lack of a top LB is not that big a issue IMO), and some crazy options for the midfield specially in the attacking part of the midfield. Perhaps you are right, the only thing holding them back is the lack of a world class coach at helm.

But among all the piss that comes out of "big willy", on a rare occasion there is a relevant point. I think Germany lack a top striker, the heir to Klose if you may. I am not convinced by Gomez, decent striker though he is. Germany's football style cannot do without a top striker, unlike Spain's striker-less system, even with so many great options for the 3 attacking players behind this striker. If you look at the best strikers in the bundesliga, many of those are foreigners (Lewandowsky, Mandzukic, Ibisevic). So apart from a decent Gomez, what is the plan B? A false 9 in Muller or Podolski? I am not sure that would work in the German system, but would love to hear your thoughts... so who is the next Klose/Klinnsman? I hear some talk about this Nils Petersen guy, is he any good? Do you agree that this may be holding the national team back?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm

The false #9 would be Götze, who was actually tried in that position by Löw against Kazakhstan a few months ago and is supposedly Pep's first choice for that position in Munich. Reus would likely do really well there, too. Müller's unique 'Raumdeuter' skills are probably more effectively elsewhere.

But yes, it is true that we are lacking a bit in the striker department, but there are promising players coming through. E.g. Volland who is having a very good season under difficult circumstances and clearly has potential. Kießling has had a very good season, too, even if he's bizarrely ignored by Löw for some reason.
    However, Gomez seems a bit underappreciated these days. He is a better finisher than Mandzukic and while less of a 'striker defender' constantly nagging opposition defenders, his pressing of Busquets in the first leg of Bayern - Barcelona proved that he can do a very good job in this regard, too. He probably needed that kick in the arse (Bayern bench) to refine his game. He'll never be the technically most astute player, but he is far from being a donkey.
    Klose isn't getting any younger, but he clearly is the archetype 'selfless' #9 who works his arse off for the team. He is still a very good alternative to have and his experience will be useful, too.

Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu May 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Blut i'm jealous! We have Carroll and Defoe Sad
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Don't be jealous. These things go in cycles, England's time will come again in future.

If anything, it's high time for us to win silver ware again. The noughties were an anomaly, the dark ages.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Thu May 02, 2013 2:59 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:@The Bald Prince

Could you please elaborate what your point is? If you seriously believe that the individual class of the combined German contingent of Bayern and Dortmund, not to mention the other teams with quality German players, is not good enough to form a title winning team you are either deluded, an Löw apologist or simply thick. Probably the latter, as you still go on about the likes of Dante while completely ignoring the fact that he didn't even play yesterday.

The fact of the matter is that Germany has more than adequate alternatives for every position filled by foreigners of either team, with the exception of LB. The difference is not individual class, it's management. The ability to teach a team how to defend properly so even the likes of Van Buyten are made to look like world beaters, the principles of Pressing and 'Gegenpressing', the motivation skills to get primadonnas like Robben and Ribery tracking back like rabid Rottweilers etc. etc.

Well perhaps I was being a little pedantic, but I still think their is a few non German players that play for Dortmund and Bayern that if they where German they would be a starter for the German National Team. But I agree with your main point, Germany definitely have the players to win the next World Cup. Even with an average manager like Loew, a German team winning the Champions League can only give confidence to the German National team for the upcoming international tournaments. Also I agree that the Bundesliga deserves an all German Final after the massive improvements it has made in recent years and for the tactical innovations Bayern and Dortmund have brought to the game over the last few years, both are great teams. So enjoy the Final, should be a great game. <Ale>

PS I don't appreciate being called thick, especially for the reason that I think Dante is better than Boeting, Badstuber and Van Buyton. I am sure I am not the only person who thinks that. If you are not able to spot the difference between me argueing that Boeting and Badstuber aren't good enough for Germany and me arguing that Boeting and Badstuber are good enough for Germany but Dante would be better,(Just to be clear my argument is the 2nd one) then quite frankly you are the one who is thick. Cheers.

Last edited by The Bald Prince on Thu May 02, 2013 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Thu May 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    The Bald Prince wrote:Well, there have been games since then where we have been on the raw end of crucial decisions. For example, 2 goals last week, Diego Milito offside goal, Ibrahimovic offside goal for PSG, wrongly disallowed goal for Messi vs Arsenal etc

Conveniently forgetting 2 stonewall penalties that Bayern should have gotten for Barca handballing in their own box, but hey why try to be objective when yo ucan whine instead like a little girl ? Razz

Is that all you have to say about the games ? Poor.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Thu May 02, 2013 3:12 pm

bluenine wrote:@blut

Germany have some great talent now, and should be ready to win some trophies. Good GK, good defense (even the lack of a top LB is not that big a issue IMO), and some crazy options for the midfield specially in the attacking part of the midfield. Perhaps you are right, the only thing holding them back is the lack of a world class coach at helm.

But among all the piss that comes out of "big willy", on a rare occasion there is a relevant point. I think Germany lack a top striker, the heir to Klose if you may. I am not convinced by Gomez, decent striker though he is. Germany's football style cannot do without a top striker, unlike Spain's striker-less system, even with so many great options for the 3 attacking players behind this striker. If you look at the best strikers in the bundesliga, many of those are foreigners (Lewandowsky, Mandzukic, Ibisevic). So apart from a decent Gomez, what is the plan B? A false 9 in Muller or Podolski? I am not sure that would work in the German system, but would love to hear your thoughts... so who is the next Klose/Klinnsman? I hear some talk about this Nils Petersen guy, is he any good? Do you agree that this may be holding the national team back?

I must admit I laughed at his. Biggrin
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Thu May 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Englands time won't come again unless they start giving English players a chance in their own league. What is it, only about 35% of players in the EPL are English ? Do Inguralnd supporters really think this isn't a problem for the future of their national team ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:03 pm