Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Deluded F*ck™
The Easter Bunny
S4P
Rosicky
Brian2468
Isco Benny
DD
Luis
Axeslammer
blutgraetsche
BoBo Vieri 32
christmasborocooper
Brian 2468
Super Progress
Roger Hunt
Murray
Formerly known as sheva7
debaser
110%
Kroos
messiah
bluenine
mongrel hawk
Fey
Kimbo
Antarion
Jaime
31 posters

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals

Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 15 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Fey wrote:Was this the first freekick that went in? 

Brazil in the Maureens..still think Germany will kill them with them losing to the most complete team...Belgium.

3rd I think - Dzemaili v France and Messi v Nigeria.

Yellow card was correct for Cesar - even if Bacca's run isn't ended by contact Luiz gets there 1st to clear comfortably - suprised by how many people were saying it was red on sociaal media.

Very dirty game and the ref is to blame.

However, I think fans are always stupid as they call for referees to "let the game flow" or "keep 11 men on each side".

A referee's job is not to let the game flow or not send players off, the ref's job is to give us the fairest outcome possible.

I don't mind when ref's miss fouls, they are human, its when they give a foul and don't punish it properly.

Nothing worse thana big EPL game - a United player will commit a yellow card offense on a key opponent in the 1st 5 mins. Webb will call the player over, do a very visible "cut it out"/"no more" hand gesture and a commentator will praise him for managing the game because we don't want it spoiled by cards.

Enough of common sense refereeing - if a player commits a yellow/red card offence, give him a yellow/red card regardless of when it happens.

Referee gave a very early yellow for foul on Mertens in USA v Belgium and the game was great as a result - players knew they would get punished.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:42 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:
    Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
    christmasborocooper wrote:I can't believe I've witnessed that amount of shit being thrown by the Brazil fans, towards blut for example, only for them to read some negative opinion of their teams style and react like this!

Asking for your own account to be deleted is weird too.. Just suck it up and keep posting. Don't do the attention seeking "please notice I'm leaving" thing like Puro.

Blut said that South Americans were cheaters and Brazil were helped by the ref. All I did was remembering Germany when Germany were helped by the refs in the last WCs and that german players also cheat, like Muller did several times in the WC.
    If they beat Brazil, I would love to see them winning the trophy.

Colombia and Chile also committed a lot of fouls, but a lot of people here about that. Only brazilians were dirty.

No one has denied other teams foul.

No one complained about colombians dirty challenges in the first half. They also didn't get a single yellow card and I didn't read anything about it.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:49 pm

There's no Colombians on here. Less interest
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Blut said that South Americans were cheaters and Brazil were helped by the ref. All I did was remembering Germany when Germany were helped by the refs in the last WCs and that german players also cheat, like Muller did several times in the WC.

Colombia and Chile also committed a lot of fouls, but a lot of people here about that. Only brazilians were dirty.

The funny thing is that all this started with something I clearly said in jest and were not serious about. "Let's just all agree that South Americans are cheats". It was even more clear afterwards when I wrote abpout the "Shame of Gijon" and that nobody cares about Algeria. Hell, I even said that I wasn't being serious.

But that pissed you off so much that you and especially todo started a Jihad on anything German, with that wannabe Italian predictably jumping on board, being the spineless c**t he is. I just ask myself why this pissed you off so much? Did I hit a nerve? Did you have a bad feeling with the preferable treatment Brazil were getting from the refs? If not, why get so worked up then?

There have been a lot of positive comments in regards to the tournament and the football on display, you rarely read anything negative on here in this regard. Why are you so sensitive now then? Because people dare to criticise this Brazil team and their manager? What happened, is this team now everything Brazil stands for all of a sudden? You organised a great WC, everything worked fine, atmosphere is great. In contrast to that, the football team has been a let down, to be honest.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:04 pm

This thread is awesome by the way. More drama than an episode of Eastenders!

I have to say, always thought David Luiz was a c**t. Infact, a lot of my personal disinterest in liking Brazil has come from the amount of Chelsea players they have in their ranks/squad. But what Luiz did there at the end with WPOTY (JR10) after the game was a reason why the World Cup is so bloody brilliant. Fuck you Luiz for muddling the lines of what is good and what is evil.

I think every football fan at this point should really want to see a Brazil VS Argentina final. Imagine the utter carnage. Delicious.
    Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:09 pm

David and Goliath coming up love to see Belgium beat Argentina what a lovely result that would be for football.. Wink
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:19 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

The funny thing is that all this started with something I clearly said in jest and were not serious about. "Let's just all agree that South Americans are cheats". It was even more clear afterwards when I wrote abpout the "Shame of Gijon" and that nobody cares about Algeria. Hell, I even said that I wasn't being serious.

But that pissed you off so much that you and especially todo started a Jihad on anything German, with that wannabe Italian predictably jumping on board, being the spineless c**t he is. I just ask myself why this pissed you off so much? Did I hit a nerve? Did you have a bad feeling with the preferable treatment Brazil were getting from the refs? If not, why get so worked up then?

There have been a lot of positive comments in regards to the tournament and the football on display, you rarely read anything negative on here in this regard. Why are you so sensitive now then? Because people dare to criticise this Brazil team and their manager? What happened, is this team now everything Brazil stands for all of a sudden? You organised a great WC, everything worked fine, atmosphere is great. In contrast to that, the football team has been a let down, to be honest.

shut up, blut.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:20 pm

I will if you stop crying. Overdramatic Latinos, they'll never change.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:31 pm

God, there hasn't been a good euroboard bust up for a while. All within days of Fey taking charge.  Neutral

Isn't it possible to save the argument until the Germany - Brazil semi-final. So many sub plots there. The two most succesful footballing nations, the euro-south america debate and most importantly Nlut verus Mongrel.

I see a meltdown coming.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Wasn't there a lot of bon hommie from the Brazilians on here for the German team before the World Cup? How things have changed!

Mongrel, will Paulinho ever be a good player again, or is he irreversibly broken? I would like to apologize on behalf for what a year at a Timothy Sherwood led Tottenham has done to him. No player should have to go through that.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Blut go easy mate Smile there has been times when you stomped your feet and said you have had enough of the forum Wink

Todo let it ride it's all good I'm glad your showing positive anger sticking up for Brazil all part of this forum Smile
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Hey Pele stop blaming Sherwood for Paulinho problems your get hate mail from TS
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Fed up with a dead forum with almost no football related discussions left, yes. But that has changed since then, fortunately. But don't you worry, I'll go AWOL again soon enough. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:51 pm

I feel like i'm on mumsnet.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:58 pm

lol!
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Its Belgium time bitches!

Can't believe both Belgium as Argieland get two days less rest then Holland and Costa Rica
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Witsel making Masch look like a bitch.
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Nice goal Kompany,a fault
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Higuain finally enters the tournament. nice reactive shot. crappy midfield play from Belgium.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Such a fortunate deflection. Great finish though.

Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Is the Belgium shirt the only shirt not sponsored by either Puma, Nike or Adidas?

De Bruyne...what a player eh. A midfield of:

-------Clasie-------
    Debruyne----James

Lamela 

Ah fuck 1-0.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Are we going to have any shocks during these knock out rounds?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Argentina beating Belgium would be a shock imo!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 pm

What's the obsession with shocks? Fuck shocks let's just have a good game.

Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:14 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:What's the obsession with shocks? Fuck shocks let's just have a good game.

Can you remember shocks 4 years ago? Me neither.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:16 pm

No Démbèle = no cigar.

Hoping Belgium dont crumble here.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:16 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:What's the obsession with shocks? Fuck shocks let's just have a good game.

Just seems like every underdog has crumbled so far.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Plenty of time for Belgium to get into things.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Isco Benny wrote:No Démbèle = no cigar.

lol!  lol!

4th of july hangover? Silly american!

Belgium in complete control!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Fey wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:No Démbèle = no cigar.

lol!  lol!

4th of july hangover? Silly american!

Belgium in complete control!

In complete control = going one nil down?

Fellaini is useless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:10 pm