Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Isco Benny
christmasborocooper
shazlx
Rosicky
Deluded F*ck™
abundance
Pierre Littbarski
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Murray
bluenine
Axeslammer
NeoChap
messiah
Cking
Brian 2468
Super Progress
BoBo Vieri 32
110%
Kroos
DD
mongrel hawk
blutgraetsche
Fey
Kimbo
Antarion
debaser
Formerly known as sheva7
Jaime
32 posters

2014 World Cup Final

2014 World Cup Final - Page 12 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup Final

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 pm

110% wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:Robben would have been a deserving golden ball winner. Robben, Müller or James Rodriguez would have been the best choices.

While I don't really care about the award I don't think James Rodriguez is any more deserving than messi. If he was so good Colombia would have got further. The fouling aside Brazil deserved to win the game against Colombia.  He had a certain freedom that robben, messi and neymar didn't have as they were more tightly marked and always had a couple of extra players nearby to double up. Rodriguez wasn't quite so good once he became the focus of Brazil's attention. Admittedly he scored some great goals.

Muller was very productive in terms of goals and assists, but in overall play he was a bit quiet. So again not much different to messi.

Robben for me is a clearer choice than the other two but he couldn't beat Argentina, hence award to messi. I can live with it.

Incidentally I wouldn't have mascherano anywhere near this award. Knowing that the refs are not giving 2nd yellows was the only thing that spoiled the tournament for me, this protected players like him instead of the skilful players.

You are a fucking idiot. lol!

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:08 am