Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Cristiano
Puro
Deluded F*ck™
BoBo Vieri 32
110%
Kimbo
Super Progress
christmasborocooper
stinger
COTR
abundance
Rosicky
Crouching Tiger
The Chosen Glenn
Antarion
The Pröfessör
Fey
Knoblauch
bluenine
Xavier
TheCrazy58
Murray
Effenberg
Kroos
Luis
Jaime
30 posters

2014/15 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

2014/15 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014/15 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:07 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Jaime wrote:I can't figure this group out. I have no idea who will qualify.

Benfica and Leverkusen I think.

The first 60 minutes have shat all over my predictions Doh
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

2014/15 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014/15 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

Post by Fey Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Podolski was about to come on, but his shirt was lost....

Arsenal are lucky its just 2-0. 4/5-0 would suit the game more.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 pm

It was not a good idea to have a thread for each group
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Murray wrote:It was not a good idea to have a thread for each group

I was just thinking that. We should have one CL thread for all groups.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Luis wrote:Anfield on a European night! cheers

Balotelli cheers
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Either that or put the teams in the header of each thread
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Fey wrote:Lovely goal immobile to make it 1-0 for Dortmund. Arsenal look weak. Though Wellback should have scored.

Good goal by Immobile. Balotelli also scored for Liverpool. Now for Cerci to score for Atletico, and Conte will be happy.

Interesting how so many Italian players are involved today for non-italian teams. That in itself is a sign of the decline of Serie A, it cannot keep hold of its best local talents.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 pm

wow! That was a emotional 2 minutes.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Fucking Liverpool...no way that was a pen.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:44 pm

Merged all the group threads
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:47 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Fey wrote:Lovely goal immobile to make it 1-0 for Dortmund. Arsenal look weak. Though Wellback should have scored.

Good goal by Immobile. Balotelli also scored for Liverpool. Now for Cerci to score for Atletico, and Conte will be happy.

Interesting how so many Italian players are involved today for non-italian teams. That in itself is a sign of the decline of Serie A, it cannot keep hold of its best local talents.

Yet Conte refuses to give Pelle a shot...
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 pm

My thread disappeared just as I finished writing the rant below Grr

FT 2 - 0. Absolute shocker. I've rarely seen us play so badly collectively. Never mind the patched up defence, Bellerin did very little wrong under the circumstances. It was Kos and Mert who were well off the boil and let Dortmund through time and again. To be fair the real problem in MF - Arteta was woeful, the fact that AW hooked him on the hour (something he rarely does, he always leaves substitutions far too late to meaningfully impact the match) shows how desparate it was.Wilshere seems to have developed a perverse habit of insisting on extra touches when there are five oppositions players bearing down on him. Ramsey has disappeared since the opening day; Wellbeck channelled his inner Sanogo. The only one to have come out with any credit was AOC. We were actually lucky to get away with 2 - 0. Had it not beeen for Mkhitaryan's uselessness in front of goals, it could have been another 6 - 0.

Having said this, this was always going to be the hardest fixture. Nothing to do but dust ourselves down and do better next.
    Crouching Tiger
    Crouching Tiger

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Post by Crouching Tiger Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Bit worried about how the seasons going to pan out based on recent viewing. We were VERY lucky to win today.

Balotelli couldn't lead the line by himself but started playing a lot better when Borini came on and freed him up some space. Thought Lallana was poor and didn't contribute much at all - it was strange starting him and Coutinho because they kind of do the same job and having them both on the pitch seems to mean we play more in front of the opposition defence rather than behind it.

Defense is again looking very fragile with lots of mistakes. We were opened up whenever they came forward and we couldn't seem to deal with Villa at the weekend either. Still not fully convinced by Lovren and Sakho. Don't think Manquillo can cut it at this level either.

We would have hammered that team with Suarez last season and even though it's early days I'm not convinced how all of Brendan's spending is going to help us this year. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I think we've lost our mojo.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Juventus have such great shirts..

Not sure if we saw the winner tonight..also Afellay killed Atletico tonight. Perhaps his career aint over yet.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Another season of disappointment in store for Arsenal.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Fey wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Yet Conte refuses to give Pelle a shot...
    Well he included him in the 30 pre-call notices he sent out before the Holland and Norway games.
    Which is more than any other seniot NT coach has ever done.
    If he keeps showing that he can do his job in the Premiership he'll be granted a test for sure.
    Well at least I hope so, he so fkin deserves it.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:35 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:Balotelli couldn't lead the line by himself but started playing a lot better when Borini came on and freed him up some space. Thought Lallana was poor and didn't contribute much at all - it was strange starting him and Coutinho because they kind of do the same job and having them both on the pitch seems to mean we play more in front of the opposition defence rather than behind it.
    Yep Balotelli has never been, and never will be, a proper first striker.
    If he's been employed like that in Milan and NT it was only out of scarcity.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:09 am

Crouching Tiger wrote:Bit worried about how the seasons going to pan out based on recent viewing. We were VERY lucky to win today.

Balotelli couldn't lead the line by himself but started playing a lot better when Borini came on and freed him up some space. Thought Lallana was poor and didn't contribute much at all - it was strange starting him and Coutinho because they kind of do the same job and having them both on the pitch seems to mean we play more in front of the opposition defence rather than behind it.

Defense is again looking very fragile with lots of mistakes. We were opened up whenever they came forward and we couldn't seem to deal with Villa at the weekend either. Still not fully convinced by Lovren and Sakho. Don't think Manquillo can cut it at this level either.

We would have hammered that team with Suarez last season and even though it's early days I'm not convinced how all of Brendan's spending is going to help us this year. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I think we've lost our mojo.

It shows how crucial keeping Sturridge fit is, which is worrying.

Lovren, well he has been at fault for just about all our goals so far this season. We are going to see a lot of mistakes from him and Mignolet (someone I can't wait to get rid of already).

Rodgers really needs Lallana and Markovic to come good to justify his spending as a success. At the minute only Moreno is looking the part.
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:22 am

Real frustrating game again from Leverkusen.... completely dominated Monaco for most of the first half, had seven attempts to one, and yet failed to capitalize as against Bremen on Friday... at least the defense looked a bit better!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:34 am

Dortmund without

reus, gündogan, hummels, kuba, piscek, sahin, kagawa

and still deliver such an DOMINANT DISPLAY

tells you how shit arsenal played, or they have no clue how to play against a PRESSING MASCHINE

@xavier

really ok haven`t seen the game but thats why roger schmidt didn`t qualify for the CL with salzburg

his football is too extreme, no balance at all

he ain`t no klopp right now

this was a CL away game, 6 from 8 teams won there home games, what is roger schmidt expecting, even when monaco is not on his best
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:48 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:My thread disappeared just as I finished writing the rant below Grr

FT 2 - 0. Absolute shocker. I've rarely seen us play so badly collectively. Never mind the patched up defence, Bellerin did very little wrong under the circumstances. It was Kos and Mert who were well off the boil and let Dortmund through time and again. To be fair the real problem in MF - Arteta was woeful, the fact that AW hooked him on the hour (something he rarely does, he always leaves substitutions far too late to meaningfully impact the match) shows how desparate it was.Wilshere seems to have developed a perverse habit of insisting on extra touches when there are five oppositions players bearing down on him. Ramsey has disappeared since the opening day; Wellbeck channelled his inner Sanogo. The only one to have come out with any credit was AOC. We were actually lucky to get away with 2 - 0. Had it not beeen for Mkhitaryan's uselessness in front of goals, it could have been another 6 - 0.

Having said this, this was always going to be the hardest fixture. Nothing to do but dust ourselves down and do better next.

I have been saying this for a while now... what Arsenal are missing (and missing badly) is a proper DM. Something like what Vieira and Petit used to be. Arteta looks uncomfortable in that role, and Flamini just doesn't have the quality for it. Against weaker opposition, the quality in the attack makes up for this issue. But against big teams, this weakness gets exposed almost everytime.

I just cannot understand why Wenger refuses to do anything about it. I don't buy the "its not our philosophy to play a DM" or the "Attractive football" arguments, Arsenal used to play with Vieira and Petit, and were a more attractive team to watch in those days. I also don't buy the "no such opportunity existed in the summer" argument either, because a lot of quality DMs were available - hell, Inter got M'Vila and Medel and we hardly had any money. City got Fernando on a cheap. There were many options.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:56 pm

bluenine wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:My thread disappeared just as I finished writing the rant below Grr

I have been saying this for a while now... what Arsenal are missing (and missing badly) is a proper DM. Something like what Vieira and Petit used to be. Arteta looks uncomfortable in that role, and Flamini just doesn't have the quality for it. Against weaker opposition, the quality in the attack makes up for this issue. But against big teams, this weakness gets exposed almost everytime.

I just cannot understand why Wenger refuses to do anything about it. I don't buy the "its not our philosophy to play a DM" or the "Attractive football" arguments, Arsenal used to play with Vieira and Petit, and were a more attractive team to watch in those days. I also don't buy the "no such opportunity existed in the summer" argument either, because a lot of quality DMs were available - hell, Inter got M'Vila and Medel and we hardly had any money. City got Fernando on a cheap. There were many options.

so you would add one DM and everything would be fine lol!

Arsenes complete style of playing the game was maybe 10 years ago up to date

simeone and klopp are the future, or you think that players like kehl-bender are world beaters you can easily dominate every team in the world, no just look what every player from bvb works, it`s insane

both tactically miles ahead of mourinho, a full fit dortmund side would snowball every team in the epl
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Man City XI: Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Kompany, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko

Bayern XI: Neuer, Alonso, Benatia, Lewandowski, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Götze, Lahm, Müller, Alaba

How does this Bayern XI set up tactically?
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:17 pm

neuer

rafinha-benatia-boateng-bernat

-lahm--alonso-alaba
    -------götze
    --müller-----lewa

something like that
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Kroos wrote:neuer

rafinha-benatia-boateng-bernat

-lahm--alonso-alaba
    -------götze
    --müller-----lewa

something like that
    Apparently it's 3 at the back: Alaba, Boateng, Benatia with Rafinha and Benat as wingbacks.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Watching Roma's Gervinho...how could Arsenal let him go, he gave such a liquid pass for the 1-0...could he be the one?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:03 pm

2014/15 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages - Page 2 905c95d6b9752118de41e30fb8754ec4.cf

These two are now acutally against eachother....anyway 0-1 PSG, Ajax are shite.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Bayern all over City.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Fey wrote:Watching Roma's Gervinho...how could Arsenal let him go, he gave such a liquid pass for the 1-0...could he be the one?

He's scored 2 goals now.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Murray wrote:
    Fey wrote:Watching Roma's Gervinho...how could Arsenal let him go, he gave such a liquid pass for the 1-0...could he be the one?

He's scored 2 goals now.

Good goals? Im not suprised by that, I knew Africans could score..but such a pass, between two players even.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:45 pm