Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Steven Davis

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Steven Davis Empty Steven Davis

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:47 pm

Just a brilliant little player.

If Villa don't make it in to Europe this season, I really hope he moves on to a bigger club. He really has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the league.

Still wish we would of signed him, he's like a Scholes in the making. ok
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Steven Davis Empty Re: Steven Davis

Post by Deano Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:51 pm

I can see Villa going places...decent manager...lots of money...
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:52 pm

Villa will be in Europe this season , still would like him at United.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:52 pm

Parks Lives wrote:Just a brilliant little player.

If Villa don't make it in to Europe this season, I really hope he moves on to a bigger club. He really has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the league.

Still wish we would of signed him, he's like a Scholes in the making. ok

Who do you reckon he would go to though Parky? I do rate him as a player though. Good comparison with Scholes.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:55 pm

Not sure, I'd still take him.

Not so sure if Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea would want him though (be a good eventual replacement for Fabregas when he moves on Wink)

Hopefully like Deano said, Villa can go places and qualify for Europe themself.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Parks Lives wrote:Not sure, I'd still take him.

Not so sure if Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea would want him though (be a good eventual replacement for Fabregas when he moves on Wink)

Hopefully like Deano said, Villa can go places and qualify for Europe themself.

Definitely not Chelsea that's Mikel's territory. Can't really see Rafa wanting to buy an Irishman to dislodge Sissoko. No way would it be us considering our record with british players.. Rolling Eyes

He would be a good replacement for Scholes but he looks as if he still has a few more years left in him.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Yep very good player! has really impressed me so far.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:06 pm

yours truly wrote:

He would be a good replacement for Scholes but he looks as if he still has a few more years left in him.

Yes he has. However by the end of this season or the season after he will probably more of a squad player so it would be good to look soon, rather than leave it late like with Keane.

Not sure how Carrick and Davis would fit though, unless we played 3 in midfield with an enforcer as well. Also not sure that Villa would sell what with the recent takeover.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:11 pm

Parks Lives wrote:
    yours truly wrote:

Yes he has. However by the end of this season or the season after he will probably more of a squad player so it would be good to look soon, rather than leave it late like with Keane.

Not sure how Carrick and Davis would fit though, unless we played 3 in midfield with an enforcer as well. Also not sure that Villa would sell what with the recent takeover.

Exactly and I really don't think a 3 in midfield suits you maybe I'm wrong though. The main focus of your team should be around Scholes and Ronaldo. Also Fergie states he still wants Hargreaves so surely that excludes Davis from the equation?
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:14 pm

No, your right we are more fluid with 4 in midfield but for some games it wouldn't be a bad set up (Europe and some away games). Also if we have Hargreaves, Carrick and Davis we would then have many options.

You can never have to many good players....
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:18 pm

I would take Davis , we do tend to play 4 3 3 at times as Parky said and Carrick Davis Hargreaves would be good.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:05 pm

Parks Lives wrote:No, your right we are more fluid with 4 in midfield but for some games it wouldn't be a bad set up (Europe and some away games). Also if we have Hargreaves, Carrick and Davis we would then have many options.

You can never have to many good players....

You sure about that Parky not all good players will be content with a place on the bench. For Europe that is indeed warranted but surely thats going to push Fletcher down the pecking order. Isn't he one of your favourite player's? Wink
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:16 pm

No, I'm not Fletcher's biggest fan, I mean I do like him I just think he's a far better player than people make out including our own fans so I normally defend him.

He needs to fulfil his potential quickly to stay here though. He's good in alot of areas but he doesn't excel in many and desperately needs to bulk up.

However most sides in Europe playing 50 - 60 games need at least 4 central midfielders anyway, so Fletcher, Carrick, Davis and hopefully Hargreaves would be fine.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:22 pm

Parks Lives wrote:No, I'm not Fletcher's biggest fan, I mean I do like him I just think he's a far better player than people make out including our own fans so I normally defend him.

He needs to fulfil his potential quickly to stay here though. He's good in alot of areas but he doesn't excel in many and desperately needs to bulk up.

However most sides in Europe playing 50 - 60 games need at least 4 central midfielders anyway, so Fletcher, Carrick, Davis and hopefully Hargreaves would be fine.

That's the key phrase in there he doesn't excel in many. This may be why people don't rate him. I don't think he is too bad but today for example he was overun by two has beens in my opinion but still good players. If he wants to be recognised that's where he has to stamp his authority.

O'shea and Scholes? Giggs can also play centre.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:30 pm

O'Shea should be sold this summer once we hopefully have a top quality midfielder in, he is versatile but we have many youth players who can come in and play in the many positions he covers.

As I said earlier, Scholes should be more a squad player next season, same as Giggs. Just hope they both go on to have great seasons this year and add to the silverwear they already have (not as if there not United legends already).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:51 am