Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Since 1888
Dwarf
Deano
mongrel hawk
Nightwing
Kimbo
bluenine
TM
Super Progress
christmasborocooper
golsud
Axeslammer
debaser
Rosy
Hardrada
Batman
Oleguerisntthatbad
Superpippa
The Easter Bunny
La Saeta Rubia
Keano Is God
Deluded F*ck™
Effenberg
Brian2468
COTR
Ricardo Jol
Puro
Isco Benny
theflyingfrenchman
chrissicross
robert
The Pröfessör
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Calidad
Fey
Romford Pele
Machiavel
Tweesus
Football Genius
Lordanger
Mistletoe.
Owen Thomas
TITO
TheCrazy58
Tom
fcb
toon h
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
53 posters

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

S4P

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by S4P Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:41 pm

Very Happy

I'm still confident about tomorrow's game, no matter who plays in goal. We are almost impossible to beat at home.

It is the game at the Camp Nou which I am worried about.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:45 pm

S4P wrote:Very Happy

I'm still confident about tomorrow's game, no matter who plays in goal. We are almost impossible to beat at home.

If Barca expose your full backs then your screwed.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by toon h Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:49 pm

yours truly wrote:This match won't live up to it's hype. I detest both teams but I'd still rather Barca won.

detest is a rather harsh description for a team?
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 pm

yours truly wrote:
    S4P wrote:Very Happy

If Barca expose your full backs then your screwed.

Wayne Bridge is a very underrated LB.

Paulo Ferreira (if he plays) on the other hand might have 1 or 2 problems.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:53 pm

Im kinda worried about Boula tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me if he is gonna snap, especially when he is against Dinho. In big games he is often a bit to eager...
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:56 pm

Fey wrote:Im kinda worried about Boula tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me if he is gonna snap, especially when he is against Dinho. In big games he is often a bit to eager...

Please tell me they won't play him at full back.

@S4P
    Yeh but Bridge would get destroyed by someone with pace.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:00 pm

So is the back 4 going to be -

Ferr -- Boulah -- Terry -- Bridge

or is Carvahilo back for the game?
    waft the

Post by waft the Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:23 pm

wat bout ashley cole?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:29 pm

I their anyway i could put down a Bet down that The Boulah will get a Red for a foul on dinho?
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:37 pm

MightyBarca wrote:wat bout ashley cole?

Still injured from the England vs Croatia game.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:22 am

Forget Chelsea's goalie, we still have to get past the defence first and that is the strongest part of their team.

Guddy was absolutely spot on when he said the key is not to concede first. Yes, we've done that before and come back to score, but it's not something you want to try often.

Chelsea's key to the game (IMO): Bridge (cross) to Drogba for the header. And if they keep it through the middle, it won't be as hard for us as it will be if they use their wingers and run at our fullbacks with Ballack and Lampard coming through the middle to distract Motta/Edmilson/Iniesta.

Our key to the game: Guddy holds up the ball after interplay with Deco down the middle, but from there we absolutely *have* to spread it wide and play from the flanks. With their narrow midfield that's where Chelsea will be more vulnerable. Zambrotta and Gio have to overcome their poor form so far this season because they are very important for us in this game.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:57 am

btw, I probably won't be on during the game, thanks to time differences and being at work, but I'm taping it so I'll watch it as soon as I get home and then come on immediately afterwards. Win, lose, or draw, as always.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:03 am

I hope Ricky ops for a Saviola surprise
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:28 am

Come on Chelsea!

Actually I'm not too fussed about this one to be honest, may the best team win Wink
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:20 am

I wonder who will play out of Iniesta & Xavi? I'd drop Edmilson (poor form) and move to Marquez to DM, with Zambo-Puyol-Thuram-Gio as the back 4.

Number of posts : 585

Post by d gorgeous one haz spoken Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:21 am

chelsea will be whupped by the best team in the world. Bubbly

Post by d gorgeous one haz spoken Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:22 am

Calidad wrote:I wonder who will play out of Iniesta & Xavi? I'd drop Edmilson (poor form) and move to Marquez to DM, with Zambo-Puyol-Thuram-Gio as the back 4.

xavi to start and iniesta to come in early in the second half..

Post by d gorgeous one haz spoken Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:23 am

but i think rijkaard will play motta and edmilson like last year so they probably both won't start from the beginning. Sad
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:25 am

I pray it's a dour 0-0 draw, filled with anti-football, with the only moments of skill coming from Chelsea - though leading nowhere.

Post by d gorgeous one haz spoken Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:25 am

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=467169.html

FC Barcelona will take a proud record into their Matchday 3 trip to Chelsea FC as they are the only one of this season's 32 teams yet to fall foul of a referee.

Post by d gorgeous one haz spoken Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:26 am

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 3 Foto_181012_CAS

Mourinho: "I hope to start and finish the game with 11"
    Messi: "I hope to start and finish the game with 2 legs"

Laughing
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC

Post by Calidad Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:31 am

I'm not really a fan of Motta. He commits to many fouls, and more often than not, stifles play. I like Edmilson but he has been poor this season. Iniesta definitely deserves to start, as he is probably Barca's most inform player (Eto'o was too, but since he's injured...)

I agree that he will probably be on the bench though. He will definitely get game time however.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:32 pm

d gorgeous one haz spoken wrote:Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 3 Foto_181012_CAS

Mourinho: "I hope to start and finish the game with 11"
    Messi: "I hope to start and finish the game with 2 legs"

Laughing

ok

Brilliant! I especially like the look they've drawn on Messi's face, quite perfect!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Will with the exception of Lyon only Pretenders played yesterday, today its the time for the Contenders(not only Barca & Chelsea)

This is the team I what to see
    VV
    Zambo-----Turam------Puyol----Gio
    XaviMarquez
    Deco
    Messi------Saviola------Dinho
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Why not Gudjohnsen?

I think he'll get a fair bit of joy out of Terry.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:15 pm

I'll be rooting for chelsea tonight and this is thee reason why:

Laporta told reporters:

"I see where Arsenal are in the Premiership while Barcelona have become a reference point in world football.

"Maybe Henry has some regrets he didn't come to us but he is a player who will never again be part of our plans.

"His refusal to sign for us surprised me - I can't deny that."

That sounds bitter and disrespectfull to our club. I hope chelsea spank them tonight and i think they will do it.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:16 pm

Parks Lives wrote:Why not Gudjohnsen?

I think he'll get a fair bit of joy out of Terry.

because eto'o has always casue chelsea's Defense some problems and Saviola plays in a similar fashion as eto'o.

But i know ricky will start with Guddy and maybe even Guily of Messi

Post by Guest Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Agooner wrote:I'll be rooting for chelsea tonight and this is thee reason why:

Laporta told reporters:

"I see where Arsenal are in the Premiership while Barcelona have become a reference point in world football.

"Maybe Henry has some regrets he didn't come to us but he is a player who will never again be part of our plans.

"His refusal to sign for us surprised me - I can't deny that."

That sounds bitter and disrespectfull to our club. I hope chelsea spank them tonight and i think they will do it.

while i will not question henry decision to stay at arsenal, at the end of the day when it comes down to achivements won he will regert not joining Barca.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:22 pm

Henry was quite clear that he believed Puyol had consistently fouled him during the final and that was one reason he chose not to go to Barcelona.

Sounds like sour grapes from Laporta to me. Interesting that the comment came from him rather than Rijkaard -the latter has more class imo.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:24 pm

I don't know why but I want Chelsea to win tonight as well. Something about Barca that rubs me up the wrong way and I even respect alot of there players like Xavi, Marquez, Gudjohnsen etc.

I'm not going to Crying or Very sad if Barca win though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:29 pm