Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Effenberg
Ä
Kroos
chrissicross
Roger Hunt
Isco Benny
Parks lives
Isar Truppe
Machiavel
Allez les rouges
Oleguerisntthatbad
blutgraetsche
Tweesus
Batman
18 posters

Juve eye Klose

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Juve eye Klose Empty Juve eye Klose

Post by Batman Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:55 am

Juventus are planning to make a move for Werder Bremen striker Miroslav Klose, according to reports in Germany.

The Bianconeri may be forced to sign a new forward as David Trezeguet’s future remains uncertain, despite the club’s efforts to tie him to a new deal.

Klose appears to be top of their wish list, especially since he has recently confessed that he could leave his German club in the near future.

“I would like to decide my future as soon as possible so I can focus only on football,” Klose told Bild.

“We have to see if Werder will meet my requests,” added the international, who has made no secret of his desire to appear in a foreign League.

Klose, who was the winner of the Golden Boot at the World Cup Finals, is contracted to the club until 2008, but the Bianconeri have a good chance of bringing him to Turin next summer.

“Klose has not yet told us what his plans are. Our will is that of keeping him here, but obviously he has various requests – everything is possible,” declared Werder’s director general Klaus Allofs, who values the player at around £11.5m.

Klose is also a reported target for Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Barcelona
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Juve eye Klose Empty Re: Juve eye Klose

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:58 am

Bad move for him - hes used to playing in an úber-attacking team - Juve are the antithesis of this + it means he won;t be playing in Europe for a season.

He should go to someone like Sevilla ok
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:59 am

Batman wrote:
    “Klose has not yet told us what his plans are. Our will is that of keeping him here, but obviously he has various requests – everything is possible,” declared Werder’s director general Klaus Allofs, who values the player at around £11.5m.

If they're quoting German sources, they should do it correctly at least. They are talking about 35 million Euros being bid for him, that's about 23.5 million pounds.

And Allofs hasn't "valued" Klose at all, why should he?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:59 am

Tweedledum wrote:Bad move for him - hes used to playing in an úber-attacking team - Juve are the antithesis of this + it means he won;t be playing in Europe for a season.

He should go to someone like Sevilla ok

He won't move to Juve, and not to Sevilla either.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:03 pm

Why not Sevilla?

They're on the up and have a fantastic future IMO
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Good team, but they don't need him, and he is probably too expensive also.
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:06 pm

Them Germans wont sell anybody they don't want to Laughing
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:08 pm

Huh?

It's very likely that Klose will leave us next season. We are not Bayern. We don't have their financial resources, and we are not as stubborn.

Talking out of your arse again lrd?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:10 pm

Lrds having a bad day after being completely owned in The Rooney argeument Blut Wink

Klose would do well in the EPL - I've heard Man Utd might be bidding for Bent next summer but Klose would be fantastic for them and Klose would love it too playing alongside Ronaldo and Rooney ok
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:12 pm

Tweedledum wrote:Lrds having a bad day after being completely owned in The Rooney argeument Blut Wink

Klose would do well in the EPL - I've heard Man Utd might be bidding for Bent next summer but Klose would be fantastic for them and Klose would love it too playing alongside Ronaldo and Rooney ok

Laughing Fucking over sensitive people. We got rid of ruud tweedle, Klose is similar kind of player no thanks.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Klose and Ruud are nothing like each other lrd - Klose covers a lot of ground ok
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Manchester United are not interested I think.

If Klose moves to the EPL, Chelsea is a more likely address, although they don't really need him. Ballack is there who could help him to integrate easier.

He would best fit into Arsenal though, due to their style of play, which is very similar to Werder, but Arsenal aren't interested either AFAIK.

P.S.: Wenger speaks German perfectly, that would help him also.

Last edited by on Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:16 pm

We could do with a Klose ok

As you say though I don't think we can justify buying him as we already have 3/4 strikers - I suppose it depends on Adebayor and if he makes the grade
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:20 pm

Tweedledum wrote:Klose and Ruud are nothing like each other lrd - Klose covers a lot of ground ok

Would put them in the same category, and i think they are. Despite what blut otto and them would say, Juventus probably about right, cannot see a better team wanting him. Especially at his age.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:29 pm

l r d wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:Klose and Ruud are nothing like each other lrd - Klose covers a lot of ground ok

Would put them in the same category, and i think they are. Despite what blut otto and them would say, Juventus probably about right, cannot see a better team wanting him. Especially at his age.

Well we are being linked to him.. Don't see it happening though..
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:29 pm

How surreal... anyone who watches the two would surely more or less agree that whereas RVN is a kind of superior Owen, the ultimate finisher but not really much else, Klose is the kind of striker who gets as many assists as he does goals and if anything does too much work tracking back to "help the team" and defend. Physically and in terms of style they could hardly be more different – just watch some of Klose maybe...
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:29 pm

l r d wrote:

First of all, Juventus will most likely be back in the Serie A again next season, and Klose will leave in the Summer earliest. Traditionally, they are the dominant Italian club, so you tell me how many teams are "better" than them in Europe, especially if they are going to shell out a ton of money to establish themselves right at the top again?

This said, Klose will still not move to Juve, for various reasons. First, the scandal had quite a huge echo in the German press, that's why most commentators believe Juve to be the least likely destination. Second, the Serie A doesn't really suit his game. And third, he will only move to a club that plays in the CL, this is a necessity, otherwise he can stay in Bremen.

La Liga or the EPL are the most likely destinations. Quite a few clubs of those leagues have shown interest in signing him. I wish this was not the case, so the chances of him staying in Bremen would be better.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:32 pm

Allez_les_rouges wrote:How surreal... anyone who watches the two would surely more or less agree that whereas RVN is a kind of superior Owen, the ultimate finisher but not really much else, Klose is the kind of striker who gets as many assists as he does goals and if anything does too much work tracking back to "help the team" and defend. Physically and in terms of style they could hardly be more different – just watch some of Klose maybe...

lrd is clueless about the Bundesliga, so you can just ignore those comments.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:34 pm

@ blutgraetsche

If the unthinkable ever happened and Klose did leave .. do Bremen have any one in mind to fill his shoes

plus, Bremen looking great this season and have the talent to (dare i say) dominate German football for the next two years .. why would he leave?

and btw, which English clubs are interested?
    Isar Truppe
    Isar Truppe

Number of posts : 430

Post by Isar Truppe Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:34 pm

Klose will not join Bayern because he respects the Bremen fans too much.

If he leaves, I think he should go to Arsenal or Man Utd. He should score at least 40 goals a season in the EPL.
    Isar Truppe
    Isar Truppe

Number of posts : 430

Post by Isar Truppe Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:35 pm

....or even Barcelona when E'too moves to Chelsea.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:36 pm

Isar Truppe wrote:Klose will not join Bayern because he respects the Bremen fans too much.

If he leaves, I think he should go to Arsenal or Man Utd. He should score at least 40 goals a season in the EPL.

Yeh Rolling Eyes

20 maybe
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:38 pm

If he can lead the line, get in behind defences, feed others into play and score alot himself, he'd be good enough for me.

If not, I'd rather stick with Saha.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:45 pm

Isar Truppe wrote:Klose will not join Bayern because he respects the Bremen fans too much.

scratch So, in effect, you are suggesting the EPL defences, the most miserly in Europe this season, are inferior to Bundesliga? Laugh
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:45 pm

rai de Hunter wrote:@ blutgraetsche

If the unthinkable ever happened and Klose did leave .. do Bremen have any one in mind to fill his shoes

plus, Bremen looking great this season and have the talent to (dare i say) dominate German football for the next two years .. why would he leave?

and btw, which English clubs are interested?

Frings and other key players are trying to convince him to stay in Bremen. Klose is a down-to-earth guy, he has two kids who he prefers to grow up in a calm environment. He really enjoys to play for us, and he knows what the club has done for him, and about our potential, but he always had the dream to play abroad.

Do we have someone to fill his shoes? No, of course not. No matter how much unjustified stick he gets on this board, Klose is a very unique type of striker, a guy who always gives 100%, a true leader on the pitch who scores a lot, but helps the team in so many ways that it's simply impossible to replace him. Just look how youngsters like Podolski (Mannschaft) or Hunt (Werder) have flourished playing with him, how much they have profited from his leadership and assists.

I trust Klaus Allofs, and I know that he will find someone who Thomas Schaaf, our coach, can form to a "new Klose", but that will take time.

Chelsea are supposedly interested in signing him. Mourinho supposedly rates him highly.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:46 pm

Klose to Chelsea would be a good move ok

They could even play Klose and Sheva either side of Drogba - how attacking is that!!!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:50 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:
    scratch So, in effect, you are suggesting the EPL defences, the most miserly in Europe this season, are inferior to Bundesliga? Laugh

You may laugh, but the Bundesliga defences are not really worse than the EPL ones. The EPL ones have the bigger names, but we do have quite a few clubs with good defences. Remember that good defenders are usually cheaper than good creative midfielders, for example, something we lack.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:51 pm

Yeh, but EPL defences have seriousl raised their games of late - can't think of any defence except Newcastle that you look at and think 'oh god'
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:52 pm

Yes, the EPL must have the most solid defences on average in Europe these days.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:58 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    The Real White Pele wrote:

You may laugh, but the Bundesliga defences are not really worse than the EPL ones. The EPL ones have the bigger names, but we do have quite a few clubs with good defences. Remember that good defenders are usually cheaper than good creative midfielders, for example, something we lack.

Im not laughing at the state of bundesliga defences, just laughing at the insinuation that anyone, including Klose, could score 40 goals in the EPL..

The likes of Berbatov and Hleb prove the Bundesliga harbours some extremely good players outside of the media radar; Klose would do extremely well in the EPL because it is definitely more similar to the Bundesliga than Serie A or La Liga are for example. I'd very much like to see Klose playing on these shores

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 pm