Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Oleguerisntthatbad
chrissicross
blutgraetsche
A & K
Kroos
9 posters

will KLOSE outshine TONI?!

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

will KLOSE outshine TONI?! Empty will KLOSE outshine TONI?!

Post by Kroos Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:53 am

i bet klose scores more goals and give a lot more assists than toni

in my opinion klose is a half class better to toni
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

will KLOSE outshine TONI?! Empty Re: will KLOSE outshine TONI?!

Post by A & K Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:34 am

Unlike Toni Klose knows the bundesliga well so he will take less time to adapt. It will be interesting to know how they can play together alongside Ribery.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:14 pm

Different types of strikers who can (and probably will) complement each other well, that's why Bayern wanted to sign Klose so much, and basically did everything they could to get him, and I mean everything... Rolling Eyes

Like Alive and Kicking said, Klose is used to the league already, while Toni will need time to adapt, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the former scores more next season. You shouldn't go by a result against a 4th or 5th rate local side like yesterday though (Bayern won 18:0 in a test match against some amateur side, Klose scoring 5, Toni 2 (one penalty).

More important is if they can play well together, that's what Bayern fans should hope for. Would be a shame if one of them has to be benched, knowing their ridiculously high wages (€10m a year). Very Happy
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:21 pm

Deisler wrote:i bet klose scores more goals and give a lot more assists than toni

in my opinion klose is a half class better to toni
    I think you better should wait before judging, Deisler. Klose might score more goals, but will he also score the important goals for you? I mean for us he scored his last international goal in September 2005 against Panathinaikos I think.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:22 pm

€10m!!! Is that before or after tax??
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:24 pm

Before tax, even Bayern isn't that stupid. Very Happy

German tax is considerably higher than in Spain, since there is no exception for footballers ("artists"). A great advantage La Liga has over other leagues.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Still it is about the same (after tax) that Deco/Puyol/Xavi are earning.. I didn't realise that Bayern had that kind of money.
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:33 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Still it is about the same (after tax) that Deco/Puyol/Xavi are earning.. I didn't realise that Bayern had that kind of money.

Puyol "only" earns 5? I know that defenders earn less in general. For example Inzaghi earns 5 million euros after tax, while Nesta earns 4 million (I think Milan would pay Nesta more, but he is injury prone).
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:41 pm

Why people always think that Bayern can't compete financially? They are filthy rich, one of the very richest and profitable clubs in the world, been that for decades really.

One of the reasons why they became so rich (>€160m in cash (!) on the bank) is that they were reluctant to spend big for years (not on wages, mind you, but on transfer fees). And they are Cr@p at sellling their players even, Hargreaves being the exception. But if they really want to, they can compete with anyone, like they have this season, with spending more than €150m on transfers (if you count wages and hand money, too).

Bayern are considerably richer than other Bundesliga clubs, but the others are not exactly poor either. The league is just very strict when it comes to licensing, that's why Bundesliga clubs are financially healthy, especially in comparison to other leagues, and don't spend silly money on transfers.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:45 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Still it is about the same (after tax) that Deco/Puyol/Xavi are earning.. I didn't realise that Bayern had that kind of money.

Puyol "only" earns 5? I know that defenders earn less in general. For example Inzaghi earns 5 million euros after tax, while Nesta earns 4 million (I think Milan would pay Nesta more, but he is injury prone).

Yeah we don't have very high wages at Barcelona.. And 40% of their wage is based on performances.

Real Madrid wage budget was 3 times our a year ago..
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller

Post by chrissicross Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:56 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:
    Really? That´s pretty surprising for me. I thought both clubs are about equally rich...

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:02 pm

chrissicross wrote:
    Really? That´s pretty surprising for me. I thought both clubs are about equally rich...

Yeah but both clubs aren't equally stupid.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:18 pm

chrissicross wrote:

They gave HUGE contracts to everybody.. Figo, Becks, Zizou, Owen, Ronaldo, RC, Casillas etc etc.. These players were earning as much as Ronaldinho (not taking marketing into account)
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:10 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Different types of strikers who can (and probably will) complement each other well, that's why Bayern wanted to sign Klose so much, and basically did everything they could to get him, and I mean everything... Rolling Eyes

Like Alive and Kicking said, Klose is used to the league already, while Toni will need time to adapt, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the former scores more next season. You shouldn't go by a result against a 4th or 5th rate local side like yesterday though (Bayern won 18:0 in a test match against some amateur side, Klose scoring 5, Toni 2 (one penalty).

More important is if they can play well together, that's what Bayern fans should hope for. Would be a shame if one of them has to be benched, knowing their ridiculously high wages (€10m a year). Very Happy

i dont care about this result, i always thought klose is one of the most complete strikers in the world, and will be far more important than tony in my opinion
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:09 pm

Toni is twelve times the player Klose is.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:35 am

Toni is a very complete goalscorer, and IMO a better target man than Klose. So don't be too sure.

However, this is his first season at the bundesliga, he might take some time to settle down. It will be an interesting season, Bayern have bought well!! Its a pity they are not in the CL, they would have been one of the favourites...

Deisler wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:Different types of strikers who can (and probably will) complement each other well, that's why Bayern wanted to sign Klose so much, and basically did everything they could to get him, and I mean everything... Rolling Eyes

i dont care about this result, i always thought klose is one of the most complete strikers in the world, and will be far more important than tony in my opinion
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:05 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    chrissicross wrote:

Yeah but both clubs aren't equally stupid.

tbh, Real Madrid have had some financial advantage from the sale of their training grounds, where they are now building some quite ugly tower blocks, no doubt being built by friends of Florentino, and have been spending on the back of this. I think there was something like 600M€ profit in it. Before this they had a massive debt.

Barcelona is slightly poorer and has been run more wisely since Laporta came to power (Gaspart was not a stranger to certain excesses).
    Both clubs have some excellent TV income but Barcelona obviously lack the shirt sponsor income.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:22 am