Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Football Genius
NCFC
debaser
Parks lives
Murray
Dwarf
Glenarch of the Glen
Puro
TM
Deano
Kimbo
A & K
Tweesus
Isco Benny
18 posters

Matthew Taylor- Goal of the Season

Luis

Matthew Taylor- Goal of the Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Matthew Taylor- Goal of the Season

Post by Luis Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:51 pm

Owen Thomas wrote:I prefer team goals like Cambiassio against Serbia & M.

or like Kuyts V wigan? Very Happy
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Matthew Taylor- Goal of the Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Matthew Taylor- Goal of the Season

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:57 pm

LuisYouAMerryChristmas wrote:
    Owen Thomas wrote:I prefer team goals like Cambiassio against Serbia & M.

or like Kuyts V wigan? Very Happy

Hell. Frozen. Over. Very Happy
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:09 pm

santagoingmarching wrote:
    Not impressed - basically a lucky punt. Howard should have saved it, but failed to backpeddle quickly enough.

In truth, not even close to goal of the season.

KevintheRednoseReindeer wrote:Van Persies was technically better, although that one looked more spectacular.
    ok Ale

Still a great goal though by Taylor, but doesn't beat RVP's. Taylor's was a very fortunate volley that dipped while Howard didn't backpeddle. Alonso's against toon was better too.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:13 pm

Alonso's was even more fortunate though, in that the goal keeper fell over. Taylor's was better than that IMO.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:14 pm

ok

Its only behind Van Persie's and level with a couple of others.
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:17 pm

cooperclaus wrote:Alonso's was even more fortunate though, in that the goal keeper fell over. Taylor's was better than that IMO.

He fell over because of the strike though. It was a forced error.

I tend to agree though. I think Taylor was better to look at, though I agree with saints that Xabi's was technically more impressive and clearly premeditated whereas Taylor's was more of a "let's give this a go".
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:18 pm

Tayl's > Alonso's.

Hit on the full volley, on the run, and dropped in just under the bar.
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:18 pm

Taylor has done it last year aswell, so it isnt really lucky
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:20 pm

L r d wrote:Taylor has done it last year aswell, so it isnt really lucky

They were talking about that on sky (goals on Sunday) and against Sunderland you can see him look at the keeper. Against Everton he just smacked it in the direction.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:20 pm

Snowbispo wrote:
    cooperclaus wrote:Alonso's was even more fortunate though, in that the goal keeper fell over. Taylor's was better than that IMO.

He fell over because of the strike though. It was a forced error.

I tend to agree though. I think Taylor was better to look at, though I agree with saints that Xabi's was technically more impressive and clearly premeditated whereas Taylor's was more of a "let's give this a go".

You could again say the same for Xabi though, he will have just seen the keeper off his line and thought, i'll give this a go.

As LRD said, he's done it before, can't be just a fluke that he keeps scoring.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:22 pm

I don't know about 'premeditation'.

I think the lack of thinking time makes it all the more impressive - it's come from a turnover a couple of seconds before. He's had to shift from thinking defence to attack, and still seen the opening.
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:23 pm

ParktheHeraldAngelsSing wrote:

They were talking about that on sky (goals on Sunday) and against Sunderland you can see him look at the keeper. Against Everton he just smacked it in the direction.

Hes improved, he doesnt have to look now, soon he will do it with his right foot aswell, in 3 years he will do it backwards
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:23 pm

L r d wrote:
    ParktheHeraldAngelsSing wrote:

Hes improved, he doesnt have to look now, soon he will do it with his right foot aswell, in 3 years he will do it backwards

Laughing
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:46 pm

Cocu's on the last 30 seconds of the last game of the season
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hydMWzH4Hwc

Pure quality. Cool
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:49 pm

See that Cocu one before - he's a fantastic player when he's in the mood...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:08 pm

santagoingmarching wrote:
    LuisYouAMerryChristmas wrote:we all have different ideas on what an amazing goal is, for me Taylors yesterday was the best i've seen in some time in the premiership.

Best goal i've seen all season from anywhere is Ronaldinhos for Barca V Villareal

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5UhGirV3E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5UhGirV3E[/quote[/url]]

pretty average

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:26 am