Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Luso
Allez les rouges
Ricardo Jol
mongrel hawk
Formerly known as sheva7
9 posters

Brazilian squad called up for the friendly against Portugal

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Brazilian squad called up for the friendly against Portugal Empty Brazilian squad called up for the friendly against Portugal

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Adriano is back!

GKS
    Helton (Porto)
    Julio Cesar (Internazionale)
    FULL BACKS
    Daniel Alves (Sevilla)
    Maicon (Internazionale)
    Adriano (Sevilla)
    Gilberto (Hertha Berlim)
    DEFENDERS
    Alex (PSV)
    Juan (Bayer Leverkusen)
    Lúcio (Bayern de Munique)
    Luisão (Benfica)
    MIDFIELDERS
    Gilberto Silva (Arsenal)
    Edmílson (Barcelona)
    Dudu Cearense (CSKA)
    Elano (Shakhtar Donetsk)
    Kaká (Milan)
    Tinga (Borussia Dortmund)
    Diego (Werder Bremen)
    Ronaldinho (Barcelona)
    FORWARDS
    Robinho (Real Madrid)
    Adriano (Internazionale)
    Rafael Sobis (Real Betis)
    Fred (Lyon)
    doninha

Brazilian squad called up for the friendly against Portugal Empty Re: Brazilian squad called up for the friendly against Portugal

Post by doninha Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Tinga still in the call up?????
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Brazilian squad called up for the friendly against Portugal Empty Re: Brazilian squad called up for the friendly against Portugal

Post by Ricardo Jol Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:01 pm

pity no gomes....
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:01 pm

why not, doninha?

doninha wrote:Tinga still in the call up?????
    doninha

Post by doninha Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:05 pm

Well,

I actually liked him when he was at Sporting, and indeed he was a good footballer, but nothing outstanding. Still, his career in Brazil was great, specially after scoring the title goal.

I am very happy for his opportunity in Borussia Dortmund, and wish him the best... but to be a regular call up for Brazil's midfielder is something... I never expected that much...
    doninha

Post by doninha Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:05 pm

nice to see Hélton is grabbing with both hands his chance!!!

He is a great GK!!!
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:19 pm

doninha wrote:nice to see Hélton is grabbing with both hands his chance!!!

He is a great GK!!!

it should have been Gomes, though.... Mad
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:20 pm

take it easy. dunga's just making experiences. Gomes's guaranteed.

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    doninha wrote:nice to see Hélton is grabbing with both hands his chance!!!

He is a great GK!!!

it should have been Gomes, though.... Mad
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:10 am

You said that before indeed....! So he'll get his chance again...? I was a bit worried because I thought his first games in the Brasil squad were not very good, were it...?

But then..., As long as Gomes gets no "chance" in the Brasil squad, the lesser his market value and the longer he may stay at PSV.... He cannot play in England now.... Laughing

On the other hand, if one player really deserves to go to a better team it is Gomes, absolutely top quality goalkeeper. He is also a good person, a great personality at PSV, a real motivator in the team. He is also loyal to a club as PSV and that's quite rare nowadays. Although PSV have three players of that calibre at the moment: Gomes Farfán and Alex!!!! ok

They make their OWN decisions instead of the stupid agents around the footballer. They also choose career wise instead of immediately the big money...! Why would a player choose for mid-table EPL/Serie A/ Laliga teams and price yourself out of the market when you can play Champions League with less money at a well organised club as PSV and go to the real top later on? scratch
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:05 pm

I'm going to this one. Apparently Portugal are likely to play a strong squad too, which is good. Hopefully someone'll post it when it gets named...
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:11 pm

what's up with our tormentor Daniel Carvalho? Not to mention Vagner Love... I suppose Brazil have a preposterous range of talent; some big guns in the squad but not others.

I'll be supporting the Portuguese though, like a good European.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:12 pm

IMO Vagner Love isn't good enough to play for Brasil.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:14 pm

sheva7 wrote:IMO Vagner Love isn't good enough to play for Brasil.

And...He was awfull last season
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:14 pm

I agree with Sheva. Plenty of marketing on his name and hair.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:16 pm

He has a good finishing, but that's it. He can't pass, drible or create his own chances.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:17 pm

sheva7 wrote:He has a good finishing, but that's it. He can't pass, drible or create his own chances.

Last season he hardly scored if I am correct...
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Well, when he played for palmeiras he had a good finishing... Smile
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:11 pm

as i've said, Dunga is testing players. both Carvalho and Gomes are entirely in his plans. I think his favourite keepers right now are gomes and júlio césar.

Allez les rouges wrote:what's up with our tormentor Daniel Carvalho? Not to mention Vagner Love... I suppose Brazil have a preposterous range of talent; some big guns in the squad but not others.

I'll be supporting the Portuguese though, like a good European.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:37 pm

Thanks. Alves likely to start? Will be good to see him in the flesh, the way some people on this board rave about him, given that I've seen rather less of him...
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:59 pm

alvez, in my opinion, is much better than máicon.

Allez les rouges wrote:Thanks. Alves likely to start? Will be good to see him in the flesh, the way some people on this board rave about him, given that I've seen rather less of him...
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:53 am

What the hell does Polga have to do to get into this squad? The man has been imense this season. Seriously, a very real candiadte for CB of the season in Portugal. How many mistakes has he made this season?

Tinga in the squad and Polga sitting at home...makes no sense.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:57 am

the thing is, Tinga was much better when he played in Brazil than Polga. And that counts a lot for Brazilians. Vagner Love and Elano, who are playing in unwatched leagues, are being called mainly because of their performances when they played in Brazil.

Luso wrote:What the hell does Polga have to do to get into this squad? The man has been imense this season. Seriously, a very real candiadte for CB of the season in Portugal. How many mistakes has he made this season?

Tinga in the squad and Polga sitting at home...makes no sense.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:01 am

What about Liedson than? He did well from what I hear. He wasn't super famous yet, but Corinthians did try to bring him back...so he must be viewed pretty well.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:10 am

Corinthians fans love him. He would be welcomed back any time in Corinthians.

I think the problem with him is that he's maybe too old to begin playing for Brazil. Dunga wants new blood or players who have WC experience, and there's no lack of them right now.

Luso wrote:What about Liedson than? He did well from what I hear. He wasn't super famous yet, but Corinthians did try to bring him back...so he must be viewed pretty well.
    "Tuffy" Monag

Number of posts : 405
    Supports : SLB
    Registration date : 2007-01-03

Post by "Tuffy" Monag Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:18 am

todo wrote:as i've said, Dunga is testing players. both Carvalho and Gomes are entirely in his plans. I think his favourite keepers right now are gomes and júlio césar.

If Helton gets a few games he will overtake both of them, he is really an exceptional goalkeeper.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:35 pm

why no mancini
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:10 pm

Liedson played for the younger Brazil squads though, and as far as I know he's no older than Tinga. Polga has also won the WC, so I'm not sure what Dunga is on about.

Yes, Tinga has played for the full squad, something Liedson has never done. That said, some other guys have gotten a chance that have the same past as Liedson.

Truth is, it's actually better for Sporting for Liedson and Polga to stay in Lisbon as they don't get so tired and reduce the risk of injury. I just don't understand why they've never recieved the chance their play merrits.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:16 pm

no, Liédson didn't play for younger brazilian squads. he began to work as a footballer when he was 22 years old. before that he worked in a supermarket in Bahia.

Luso wrote:Liedson played for the younger Brazil squads though, and as far as I know he's no older than Tinga. Polga has also won the WC, so I'm not sure what Dunga is on about.

Yes, Tinga has played for the full squad, something Liedson has never done. That said, some other guys have gotten a chance that have the same past as Liedson.

Truth is, it's actually better for Sporting for Liedson and Polga to stay in Lisbon as they don't get so tired and reduce the risk of injury. I just don't understand why they've never recieved the chance their play merrits.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:20 pm

I know, but I'm pretty sure I read he played for a younger Brazil squad at some point. Sub-23 I believe it said.

Whether it's right or wrong, I'm pretty sure that's what I read.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:24 pm

you've read a wrong info. he never played for any brazilian squad.

Luso wrote:I know, but I'm pretty sure I read he played for a younger Brazil squad at some point. Sub-23 I believe it said.

Whether it's right or wrong, I'm pretty sure that's what I read.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:57 pm