Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Fey
Cesc Soler
None
ADO Bhoy
8 posters

SCOTLAND!!! Still top of the heap!!!

ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Number of posts : 52
    Supports : Celtic, ADO Den Haag
    Registration date : 2006-10-16

SCOTLAND!!! Still top of the heap!!! Empty SCOTLAND!!! Still top of the heap!!!

Post by ADO Bhoy Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:02 am

Another good win today Smile

After a few years of abject misery and dropping to 87th in the FIFA rankings, we're top of our (very tough) group, and up to 16th in the rankings!

It's good being a Scotland fan right now cheers

*must remember not to get too carried away* <Ale>
    None

Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

SCOTLAND!!! Still top of the heap!!! Empty Re: SCOTLAND!!! Still top of the heap!!!

Post by None Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:04 am

ADO, don't you support Ireland?
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

SCOTLAND!!! Still top of the heap!!! Empty Re: SCOTLAND!!! Still top of the heap!!!

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:05 am

Funny how when Voigts left everything started to improve.

I thought it would be like that at the end of the Sven era....
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Post by ADO Bhoy Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:08 am

Waftradamus wrote:ADO, don't you support Ireland?

Razz
    No mate, sweaty sock (jock) through and through.

Cut me and I bleed whisky!! Very Happy
    None

Post by None Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:10 am

ADO Bhoy wrote:
    Waftradamus wrote:ADO, don't you support Ireland?

Razz
    No mate, sweaty sock (jock) through and through.

Cut me and I bleed whisky!! Very Happy

*whiskey Wink

Fair enough pal. I have a soft spot for Celtic myself.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:11 am

Keep up the good work! You are the last pride of the british isles these days!!!

Allthough I hope we will have another Scotland-Holland as a play-off for the euros Wink
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:12 am

Top of our group....I can't believe it Shocked...We need to beat Scotland on Wednesday or we are in shit!
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:12 am

I watched the game because the Ireland game made an england match seem exciting.

Was a great game. Georgia were suprisingly good.

draw would probably have been a fiar result but given the chances teale and boyd missed you just about shaded it Wink

great result
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Post by ADO Bhoy Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:13 am

Cesc wrote:Funny how when Voigts left everything started to improve.

I thought it would be like that at the end of the Sven era....

Aye, another poor perfomance from our southern neighbours, not that many folk up here mind Wink

Smith made a great start as coach, and today McLeish carried on the good work.
    I know we're not the worlds greatest team, and never will be, but we are playing with heart, determination, good organisation, and a bit of skill too. A great team spirit is present too, very much like a club side.

Happy days indeed! drunken
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:14 am

Fey wrote:Although I hope we will have another Scotland-Holland as a play-off for the euros Wink
    It would be nice for you guys.

That was Sneijders last decent Holland performance wasn't it? Wink
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:14 am

Fey wrote:Keep up the good work! You are the last pride of the british isles these days!!!
    NORN IRON Crying or Very sad

we won 4-1 tonight. Healy hat trick AGAIN
    None

Post by None Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 am

COTR wrote:
    Fey wrote:Keep up the good work! You are the last pride of the british isles these days!!!

Fey doesn't recognise the existence of "Northern Ireland"
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:16 am

Cesc wrote:
    Fey wrote:Although I hope we will have another Scotland-Holland as a play-off for the euros Wink
    It would be nice for you guys.

That was Sneijders last decent Holland performance wasn't it? Wink

Yes, that was the MIDGET's first and last decent performance, cant believe he is still resting on that reputation!
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Post by ADO Bhoy Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:18 am

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:Top of our group....I can't believe it Shocked...We need to beat Scotland on Wednesday or we are in shit!

It'll be a very tough game against the world champions, I hope we go there with a positive formation and try and win the game.
    A draw would be a great result for Scotland, and I see no reason why we can't get a point.

Really looking forward to the game, and I wouldn't be saying that 2 years ago under Vogts!! Smile
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Post by ADO Bhoy Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:20 am

COTR wrote:

Aye, fantastic result <Ale>

pleased as punch for our celtic brothers.

David Healy's on fire right now too!!
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:20 am

ADO Bhoy wrote:
    DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:Top of our group....I can't believe it Shocked...We need to beat Scotland on Wednesday or we are in shit!

It'll be a very tough game against the world champions, I hope we go there with a positive formation and try and win the game.
    A draw would be a great result for Scotland, and I see no reason why we can't get a point.

Really looking forward to the game, and I wouldn't be saying that 2 years ago under Vogts!! Smile

Yeah, but our form of late hasn't been great I can tell you...hence why we are in a slight mess.

At least we are at home...but I expect you to give us a good game. I just hope we play like we can do! Can't have anymore performances like the one against Lithuania!
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:21 am

Waftradamus wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Fey doesn't recognise the existence of "Northern Ireland"
    not that I care in the slightest but

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6491769.stm

these people make your lot look like political masterminds
    None

Post by None Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:21 am

My lot???
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:23 am

Waftradamus wrote:My lot???
    Well my lot as well if you want to be literal about it

are you not english?
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:24 am

He's refering to England. He lives in NI.
    None

Post by None Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:24 am

COTR wrote:
    Well my lot as well if you want to be literal about it

are you not english?

No earth, do I call my home.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:25 am

Well tbh....Its not that I dont recognise the existense of NI...but I dont think beating Liechtenstein is something to be that proud of.
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Post by ADO Bhoy Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:25 am

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:
    ADO Bhoy wrote:

Yeah, but our form of late hasn't been great I can tell you...hence why we are in a slight mess.

At least we are at home...but I expect you to give us a good game. I just hope we play like we can do! Can't have anymore performances like the one against Lithuania!

I think if Italy play to their full potential, then of course they will win, they are a far better side than we are, but you never know.......................... Wink
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:25 am

COTR is a Northern Irish, living in Scotland supporting an English team I think...

Hes an all rounder ok
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:COTR is a Northern Irish supporting an English team

2 out of 3. close enough

@ Fey we also just beat spain and drew away to denmark

you clearly have very high standards Wink

Last edited by on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am

ADO Bhoy wrote:
    DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:
    ADO Bhoy wrote:

I think if Italy play to their full potential, then of course they will win, they are a far better side than we are, but you never know.......................... Wink

The last time you played us was in Scotland and you played great. I hope that none of them underestimate you! I'm gonna say 2-0...but I expect us to have to work hard for it!
    None

Post by None Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am

I know where COTR is from, I thought he was linking me to Sein Fein.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am

COTR wrote:
    DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:COTR is a Northern Irish supporting an English team I think...

2 out of 3. close enough

@ Fey we also just beat spain and drew away to denmark

you clearly have very high standards Wink

I thought you lived in Edinburgh?

Ah well...wrong person then!
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:COTR is a Northern Irish, living in Scotland supporting an English team I think...

Hes an all rounder ok
    I think.

COTR Is Northern Irish, that used to reside in Scotland and supports an English side.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:28 am

COTR comes from San Marino...problem solved ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:18 am