Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

a few thoughts on the Bundesliga...

Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

a few thoughts on the Bundesliga... Empty a few thoughts on the Bundesliga...

Post by Ä Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:03 am

Bremen, Bayern, Klose, Alkmaar's tactics...

http://www.direkter-freistoss.de/2007/04/16/seltsame-mischung-aus-positivismus-und-fusballpatriotismus/

( in German)
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

a few thoughts on the Bundesliga... Empty Re: a few thoughts on the Bundesliga...

Post by chrissicross Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:21 am

Very interesting article. Thanks for posting, Otto. ok
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

a few thoughts on the Bundesliga... Empty Re: a few thoughts on the Bundesliga...

Post by Ä Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:33 am

Detlev Claussen talks a great deal of sense; always worth reading

I wonder whether he is on to something when he suggests "Bayern in the UEFA Cup" could actually allow them to restructure their team

my first instinct would be to say that Bayern HAVE to be in the CL, they are our flagship club after all and have many German internationals who should play at the highest level

Bayern in the UEFA Cup has advantages as well though

it would teach Hoeness and Co humility; allow the club to focus on tactics/the rebuilding of their team without CL pressure; it would imbue the UEFA Cup with more prestige in the Bundesliga (Bayern would have to win it to avoid total embarrassment); the young STuttgart talents like Gomez would taste life in the fast lane and progress even quicker....

but really, the preeminence of Bayern, their total domination in the public perception would be finished at least partially

German football could become more democratic and less Bavarian

would do you think ?
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:42 pm

Otto der Schweinehund wrote:Detlev Claussen talks a great deal of sense; always worth reading

I wonder whether he is on to something when he suggests "Bayern in the UEFA Cup" could actually allow them to restructure their team

my first instinct would be to say that Bayern HAVE to be in the CL, they are our flagship club after all and have many German internationals who should play at the highest level

Bayern in the UEFA Cup has advantages as well though

it would teach Hoeness and Co humility; allow the club to focus on tactics/the rebuilding of their team without CL pressure; it would imbue the UEFA Cup with more prestige in the Bundesliga (Bayern would have to win it to avoid total embarrassment); the young STuttgart talents like Gomez would taste life in the fast lane and progress even quicker....

but really, the preeminence of Bayern, their total domination in the public perception would be finished at least partially

German football could become more democratic and less Bavarian

would do you think ?
    I personally don´t care that much if Bayern will be in the CL next year or not. From a German point we would have less German internationals in the CL then on the one side, but on the other side Bayern would be among the favourites and earn a lot of important points for the UEFA Ranking.

From a Bayern point of view it´s surely a big blow, financially and also for their image; signing good players for the next season will be even more difficult. Apart from that playing UEFA Cup compared to the CL is surely somewhat ungrateful: You have to play against a lot of no name teams somewhere in the middle of nowhere, which are nonetheless often pretty strong; hardly any glory and fame, but much more opportunity to blunder or to suffer injuries. Maybe it´s even harder to be successful in the Bundesliga when you play UEFA Cup instead of CL. Financially you hardly earn any money before the semis.

For building up a new team it might have some advantages, but I doubt this advantge would be anywhere big enough to be a compensation for a club like Bayern. However, what gets on my nerves is when Bayern players and board talk about the UEFA Cup as if were some useless Cup for losers nowhere good enough for Bayern and their brilliant football wizards. Rolling Eyes So playing one season in the UEFA Cup might teach them some humility again.

With regard to the Bundesliga I don´t think one year UEFA Cup will change anything on Bayern´s dominance here in the long run.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:26 pm

It's a great article indeed. Not only does he talk much sense, the analytical character of his articles is quite unique when it comes to the German sport press, he often focuses on aspects others don't (or can't) even see. (In-)Direkter Freistoss and 11 Freunde are great, wish the mainstream would learn a thing or two from them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:48 am