Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
golsud
Oleguerisntthatbad
Rez
Tarun
Roddy
bluenine
Juligen
Dejan Savićević
Murray
Jaime
Calidad
Pirlo
Isco Benny
Parks lives
Roger Hunt
The-Frank-Tavern
TM
monty
Red n' Black
S4P
Puro
Cesc Soler
Fey
Tweesus
Machiavel
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
30 posters

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 10:57 am

Roger Hunt wrote:Congratulations Milan Ale

Thanks man.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pirlo Thu May 24, 2007 10:59 am

Yo Forza!!!

WHAT AN EMOTION!!!

<Ale>

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 am

Pirlo wrote:Yo Forza!!!

WHAT AN EMOTION!!!

<Ale>

bounce cheers
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu May 24, 2007 11:10 am

You guys got off lightly.

We would have kicked your arse! Whistle Wink

Congratulations Ale
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Thu May 24, 2007 11:58 am

Congrats.

Just a shame it wasn't a more convincing performance in the final. But it was a final, and teams are liable to be nervous.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Pirlo wrote:

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 2

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 3

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 5

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 7

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 12

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 15

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 17

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 19

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 20

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 8:45 pm

Ancelotti: This was our destiny
    Wednesday 23 May, 2007
    Carlo Ancelotti believes it was in Milan’s destiny to win the Champions League at the end of “what could have been my last season.”

The Rossoneri outplayed Liverpool and lost in Istanbul, but despite a less crushing display came out 2-1 winners this time around.

“The quality of our football was certainly much better two years ago, but this is football. Our opponents were tough and very tight, so it was difficult for us to play,” said the Coach.

“This trophy was in our destiny considering everything that happened to us in Istanbul and this season. We didn’t so much deserve it for what we did tonight as all we had to go through to get here.”

They were originally excluded from the competition due to the Calciopoli trial, but won an appeal to go through the preliminary round with just two weeks to prepare.

“The greatest satisfaction is having won the Champions League in what could have been my last season here,” confessed Ancelotti, who has often been under fire.

“Up until November it wasn’t looking good for me, but we turned things around. I have a special feeling with this club and only here could I have achieved so much in five years.

“In the moments of difficulty we always had great synchronicity between the club, Coach and players. The real difference came in the mid-season training camp in Malta during the Winter break. For a long time we were without injured players like Pippo Inzaghi, Kakha Kaladze, Paolo Maldini, Serginho and Alessandro Nesta.

“We have a special feeling with this competition and also saw it as our best chance of winning some silverware this season.”

Milan were forced to start Serie A with an eight-point penalty, but in recent months have stepped up a few gears and finished in the top four.

Inzaghi was the hero in Athens after bagging a brace, taking his career tally to 42 goals in 69 Champions League appearances.

“In Istanbul Inzaghi was not even on the bench, as he had an injury. I think he was not at 100 per cent today either, but he feels and experiences these games more than anyone else. I lost count of how many times he needed the toilet before kick-off!”

The opener was a lucky deflection off Andrea Pirlo’s free kick, while he sprung the offside trap for the second.

“Liverpool do not attack very much and try to take advantage of deadball situations. When Peter Crouch came on they started to put the ball long, but Inzaghi’s goal opened the game up,” added Ancelotti.

“Inzaghi has scored many goals that can be considered fortunate, but the truth is he always brings something to them. His frenetic approach, his sense of positioning and eye for goal mean he always finds himself in the right place.”

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Maldini wants more!
    Wednesday 23 May, 2007
    Paolo Maldini insists he has no intention of retiring with this triumph. “I want to play the Intercontinental Cup and try to win the Champions League again.”

The captain walked up the stairs to get the trophy from Michel Platini’s hands in his eighth Final.

“It is my fifth victory, but it is always beautiful. I am lucky to play in a great side that enables me to make up for disappointments,” said the defender.

This 2-1 win over Liverpool was revenge for the loss on penalties in Istanbul two years ago.

“It has to be said that any disappointments have been far outnumbered by the wonderful pleasures the club has given me.”

Many thought that a win in Athens would seal the end of Maldini’s glittering career, but he is more than happy to carry on.

“It would be a good way to end it, but I want to play the Intercontinental Cup in December, have another season and try to win the Champions League again.”

There were fears that Liverpool would stage another comeback after Dirk Kuyt’s late header, but Pippo Inzaghi’s brace proved decisive.

“We were a little worried, but it was offside anyway!” laughed Maldini.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Gattuso: Italians do it better!
    Wednesday 23 May, 2007
    Gennaro Gattuso has won the World Cup and Champions League. “That’ll teach those who say Italian football is in crisis!”

The battling Milan midfielder proved a key figure in both tournaments and wasted no time in answering his critics.

“That’ll teach those who say Italian football is in crisis! In one year we have won the World Cup and the Champions League. Some crisis, eh?”

The Rossoneri beat Liverpool 2-1 in Athens with a brace from World Cup winner Pippo Inzaghi to take the trophy for the second time in five years.

However, Gattuso does not see this as wiping away the agony of their Final lost to the Reds in Istanbul two years ago.

“That defeat will remain with us for all our lives. This is another trophy. Today we are celebrating and Liverpool are crying, the same way we did in 2005.”

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 8:49 pm

Target Man SSK wrote:cheers

Forza what did i tell you?

2-1. Pippo and Kuyt to score Biggrin

ok

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 9:10 pm

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 Milano10

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 Milano11 Laugh ok

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 2 Milano12 Laugh ok

Last edited by on Thu May 24, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Thu May 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Special congratulations to Paolo Maldini -- 5 winners medals across three decades in the EC/CL is an amazing feat. Ale
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Thu May 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

Does that banner say "Put the scudetto up your arse?"

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu May 24, 2007 9:27 pm

Murray wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

Does that banner say "Put the scudetto up your arse?"

yes.
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Fri May 25, 2007 1:22 am

Oh yes! I am so happy!

7, yes 7! And we'll get better next season!
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Fri May 25, 2007 2:07 am

I cant get over of this picture of Gatusso holding this Inter joke, he is a legend, i can totally see why Milan fans love him so much!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Fri May 25, 2007 7:05 am

Congrats guys, well done. Maldini is a legend, the first one to play 8 finals? And there must be very few who have won it 5 times (only in the Real team which won the first 5)...
    Roddy

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2007-02-21

Post by Roddy Fri May 25, 2007 8:05 am

To do it in a season like this when they had only this to aim for as a realistic goal is what is credtiable. Hopefully, Milan being the best team in CL should be an argument that is put to rest.

Ancelotti has quietly turned this around.

Now for the real scudetto next year.
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Fri May 25, 2007 8:18 am

Roddy wrote:To do it in a season like this when they had only this to aim for as a realistic goal is what is credtiable. Hopefully, Milan being the best team in CL should be an argument that is put to rest.

Ancelotti has quietly turned this around.

Now for the real scudetto next year.

Considering the start that Milan had in this season...it is really admirable how they have turned around this season. After an 8 point penalty they get back into the top 4 in the home league & to top it up win the CL.

Guess what would Moratti be thinking?? Wink
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Fri May 25, 2007 11:55 am

I am Mum-Ra wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Celebrate the Rossoneri's triumph here! cheers

WANTED: AC Milan Football Club

For the following crime - daylight robbery in Athens. And for harbouring a rat mutant pretending to be a footballer.

£1,000,000 reward, paid directly into the coffers of the Italian FA; to cover the amount paid to UEFA for allowing them to compete in the competition in the first place!

lol!

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri May 25, 2007 6:08 pm

bluenine wrote:Congrats guys, well done. Maldini is a legend, the first one to play 8 finals? And there must be very few who have won it 5 times (only in the Real team which won the first 5)...

Gento won it 6 times with Real, so yeah you're right.

Thanks.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri May 25, 2007 7:07 pm

I am Mum-Ra wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Celebrate the Rossoneri's triumph here! cheers

WANTED: AC Milan Football Club

For the following crime - daylight robbery in Athens. And for harbouring a rat mutant pretending to be a footballer.

£1,000,000 reward, paid directly into the coffers of the Italian FA; to cover the amount paid to UEFA for allowing them to compete in the competition in the first place!

So he nicked a goal or two... I thought you Scousers would understand that?? Wink
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Fri May 25, 2007 7:12 pm

Laughing
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri May 25, 2007 7:13 pm

In Italy is it considered a better achievement to win the Champions league than the Scudetto?
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri May 25, 2007 7:16 pm

I think Italians value the Serie A more than the CL..
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Fri May 25, 2007 7:19 pm

I personally agree with what Ruud Gullit said on sky sports at the final, he caouldn't believe that people now value the domestic league over the champions league, I fully agree, I know Liverpool's priority next season is the league but if we came second and won the European cup I would be made up!
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri May 25, 2007 7:23 pm

I also want to win the league more than the CL.. It's down to history, rivalries.. Also a league win shows much more consistency throughout the year, rather than a run a form or luck.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri May 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:I also want to win the league more than the CL.. It's down to history, rivalries.. Also a league win shows much more consistency throughout the year, rather than a run a form or luck.

The champions league leaves you with a special night to remember, that's the reason you still hear Liverpool fan's talk about Istanbul, you don't talk about winning the league maybe 2 or 3 years after
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Luis wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:I also want to win the league more than the CL.. It's down to history, rivalries.. Also a league win shows much more consistency throughout the year, rather than a run a form or luck.

The champions league leaves you with a special night to remember, that's the reason you still hear Liverpool fan's talk about Istanbul, you don't talk about winning the league maybe 2 or 3 years after

true... but to me it is more important to do better than real madrid than beating arsenal.. I am sure that you'll find plenty of Barcelona fans that rate the CL higher than the league but I am not one of them.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri May 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:
    Luis wrote:

true... but to me it is more important to do better than real madrid than beating arsenal.. I am sure that you'll find plenty of Barcelona fans that rate the CL higher than the league but I am not one of them.

So is your aim based on bitterness?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 am