Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
golsud
Oleguerisntthatbad
Rez
Tarun
Roddy
bluenine
Juligen
Dejan Savićević
Murray
Jaime
Calidad
Pirlo
Isco Benny
Parks lives
Roger Hunt
The-Frank-Tavern
TM
monty
Red n' Black
S4P
Puro
Cesc Soler
Fey
Tweesus
Machiavel
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
30 posters

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 3 Empty Re: MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007

Post by COTR Fri May 25, 2007 7:38 pm

Red n' Black wrote:WE WON IT SEVEN TIMES, WE WON IT SEVEN TIMES! Razz

I am really chuffed right now, much like the fellow Milanisti everywhere! Ale

Also congrats to Liverpool, they have a great team and i'm sure they will be even stronger next year

<Ale>
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Fri May 25, 2007 7:40 pm

i have lost faith in the Cl for the last couple of years so it is not even a question for me anymore. and like Oleguerisntthatbad said league shows truly how good a team is(well most of the time). Cl today is too easy to win imo.and in this period where we have been without a title in 4 years the league has still been more important and it will be again next year even if we win. barca might go for cl but that is more because they might think they have something to prove otherwise they would prob think the same.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri May 25, 2007 7:40 pm

I think it depends.

For Inter or Liverpool the domestic league probably holds more importance. When Juve were in Serie A and winning it every year, they REALLY wanted the Champions League.

I personally enjoy CL triumphs more, but I love it when Milan win the Serie A.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri May 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Luis wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:I also want to win the league more than the CL.. It's down to history, rivalries.. Also a league win shows much more consistency throughout the year, rather than a run a form or luck.

The champions league leaves you with a special night to remember, that's the reason you still hear Liverpool fan's talk about Istanbul, you don't talk about winning the league maybe 2 or 3 years after

true... but to me it is more important to do better than real madrid than beating arsenal.. I am sure that you'll find plenty of Barcelona fans that rate the CL higher than the league but I am not one of them.

So is your aim based on bitterness?

You could say that.. but for me beating Real madrid is much more than a rivalry, it is history, tradition, rivalry, honour, glory all wrapped into one..
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 25, 2007 7:46 pm

Luis wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:I also want to win the league more than the CL.. It's down to history, rivalries.. Also a league win shows much more consistency throughout the year, rather than a run a form or luck.

The champions league leaves you with a special night to remember, that's the reason you still hear Liverpool fan's talk about Istanbul, you don't talk about winning the league maybe 2 or 3 years after

true... but to me it is more important to do better than real madrid than beating arsenal.. I am sure that you'll find plenty of Barcelona fans that rate the CL higher than the league but I am not one of them.

So is your aim based on bitterness?

You could say that.. but for me beating Real madrid is much more than a rivalry, it is history, tradition, rivalry, honour, glory all wrapped into one..
    and it works both ways. i know this year that the league has been bad, and we have been Cr@p etc. but i would love it if we win just so barca dont win anything. 05 was the only time i really thought that it might not be good if we win since barca were much better then us and they hadnt won for soooo:D long but now they can burn.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Fri May 25, 2007 7:50 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I think it depends.

For Inter or Liverpool the domestic league probably holds more importance. When Juve were in Serie A and winning it every year, they REALLY wanted the Champions League.

People only say the league is more important to liverpool because we haven't won it for so long. winning the CL is the biggest prize in club football IMO. The prestige a club gets from winning it is more substantial, memorable and lasting than winning a league. I obviously can't speak for the majority of fans though

but ask me this this time next year when we win the league and I may have a different response for you Wink

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri May 25, 2007 7:58 pm

COTR wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I think it depends.

People only say the league is more important to liverpool because we haven't won it for so long. winning the CL is the biggest prize in club football IMO. The prestige a club gets from winning it is more substantial, memorable and lasting than winning a league. I obviously can't speak for the majority of fans though

but ask me this this time next year when we win the league and I may have a different response for you Wink

Right, that's what I meant. Same with Inter (before this year).
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Sat May 26, 2007 11:13 am

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:i have lost faith in the Cl for the last couple of years so it is not even a question for me anymore. and like Oleguerisntthatbad said league shows truly how good a team is(well most of the time). Cl today is too easy to win imo.and in this period where we have been without a title in 4 years the league has still been more important and it will be again next year even if we win. barca might go for cl but that is more because they might think they have something to prove otherwise they would prob think the same.

As opposed to what? The league? The CL 10 years ago? The CL is much harder to win then the league but it has became unfair. People are talking about how the league is more important and the team that win the CL should win the league too but don't want to change anything to actual format of the CL.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat May 26, 2007 4:54 pm

test
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat May 26, 2007 7:00 pm

gone wrote:
    supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:i have lost faith in the Cl for the last couple of years so it is not even a question for me anymore. and like Oleguerisntthatbad said league shows truly how good a team is(well most of the time). Cl today is too easy to win imo.and in this period where we have been without a title in 4 years the league has still been more important and it will be again next year even if we win. barca might go for cl but that is more because they might think they have something to prove otherwise they would prob think the same.

As opposed to what? The league? The CL 10 years ago? The CL is much harder to win then the league but it has became unfair. People are talking about how the league is more important and the team that win the CL should win the league too but don't want to change anything to actual format of the CL.
    i do want to change the current format back to when there was a 2nd group stage. it meant that we had half a league format and half a cup system. this was perfect and teams who showed real quality in the 2nd group stage would pass on to quarters. now a team can play poorly or meet a bad team in the last 16 and go through to the quarters and it is here the big difference is.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sun May 27, 2007 10:21 am

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    i do want to change the current format back to when there was a 2nd group stage. it meant that we had half a league format and half a cup system. this was perfect and teams who showed real quality in the 2nd group stage would pass on to quarters. now a team can play poorly or meet a bad team in the last 16 and go through to the quarters and it is here the big difference is.

UEFA quit that system because:

1. Was boring and people lost interest in the 2nd group stage.
    2. It was hard on the teams and players to play so many games.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sun May 27, 2007 12:58 pm

gone wrote:

you thought that the 2nd group stage was boring. it had top teams meeting each other in several games and so teams werent so defensive and it was much better then what we have now. in a group stage a teams quality will show itself because it is played over much longer time. and yes it was hard on the players. but they also cut in Cl because none of the federations wanted to cut their own league to 16-18 teams or cut the many qualifiers in internationals.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sun May 27, 2007 1:54 pm

gone wrote:

you thought that the 2nd group stage was boring. it had top teams meeting each other in several games and so teams werent so defensive and it was much better then what we have now. in a group stage a teams quality will show itself because it is played over much longer time. and yes it was hard on the players. but they also cut in Cl because none of the federations wanted to cut their own league to 16-18 teams or cut the many qualifiers in internationals.

And if I remember Real complained about this. And no, it was boring for a lot of other people. Because the teams would rather defend and come with a draw in the first 2-3 games. I would say the format with have today is almost perfect.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sun May 27, 2007 2:23 pm

i dont know who complained about what but i could gues that the top teams would want the old system since it meant more games and more money. about the 2nd group stage we will have to agree to disagree. anyway if you thought that teams were defensive and afraid in the group games what would you say about the way the sides act when they play last 16.
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Sun May 27, 2007 5:53 pm

MILAN- CAMPIONI D'EUROPA 2007 - Page 3 Seventythree1
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sun May 27, 2007 9:48 pm

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:i dont know who complained about what but i could gues that the top teams would want the old system since it meant more games and more money. about the 2nd group stage we will have to agree to disagree. anyway if you thought that teams were defensive and afraid in the group games what would you say about the way the sides act when they play last 16.

Witch sides? Some play attacking football , others defensive.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Mon May 28, 2007 1:09 pm

For many years that was true. But I think it is changing and will change in the future... the CL has to be a bigger prize.

Personally, I think Scudetto was Inter's prime objective this season. And rightly so. But next season, I hope its the CL.

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:I think Italians value the Serie A more than the CL..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:09 pm