Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
L r dd
Allez les rouges
Fade out
Red n' Black
Fey
Pras_tama
Jaime
MightyBarca
Black Magic
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
bluenine
Pirlo
BoBo Vieri 32
Kimbo
Dick Grayson
19 posters

The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan!

Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan! Empty The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan!

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Fellow Milanistas

As a recent convert to the black and red army i open a new thread dedicated to all things Milan and to salute the 7 times European Champs!

Post all news and other issues on here!

Viva Milan! cheers

Last edited by Dick Grayson on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan! Empty Re: The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan!

Post by Kimbo Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Becks <Ale>

The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan! JERMAINE_BECKFORD_516_5963a
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan! Empty Re: The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan!

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Doh trust the smelly resident geordie to....!!!
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:00 pm

so you will be supporting Milan when they play Man Utd?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:04 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:so you will be supporting Milan when they play Man Utd?

Yes, absolutely!

Viva Milan!!!

I am super serious! i have become so disillussioned by MU and RM after all the years of hating them was not a good fit - even for CR7.

I thought long and hard about it and Milan seem a good fit for me!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 pm

MU(82-09) The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan! Icon_biggrin
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pirlo Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Is this a joke?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Pirlo wrote:Is this a joke?

Not at all.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:

Yes, absolutely!

Viva Milan!!!

I am super serious! i have become so disillussioned by MU and RM after all the years of hating them was not a good fit - even for CR7.

The more important question is whether you will still support Milan after Beckham leaves?? Razz

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Welcome Dick.

I guess at least for a few weeks.

I must say Beckham has won me over.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Welcome Dick.

Ancelotti's at tonights match cheers cheers

We're probably play the same team as v Genoa, we still have Seedorf, Pato, Oddo and Zambro out, so Borriello gets his chance to rough up Canna and Chiellini and prove himself against Italia's central defence. Hopefully Lippi won't be able to ignore that!

Juve have Buffon, DONKEY and Sissoko out, so the tosser Poulsen will probably play, little shit.

Let's hope Beckham can put in a performance tonight, his big game last term v Inter was a bit of a non-event in terms of his play, but he made an ok start v genoa and put two nice crosses in, we really need to get on top of their physical midfield and the game's won.
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:08 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Dick Grayson wrote:

Yes, absolutely!

Viva Milan!!!

The more important question is whether you will still support Milan after Beckham leaves?? Razz

Yes ofcourse. I have long been an admirer of the club - and i could not quite settle at RM. Man Utd have lost me and Milan seemed like the right club for me. Becks merely helped to make up my mind. You will see.
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Thanks Forza! ok
    (See reply to blue...)
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Pirlo wrote:

Ancelotti's at tonights match cheers cheers

We're probably play the same team as v Genoa, we still have Seedorf, Pato, Oddo and Zambro out, so Borriello gets his chance to rough up Canna and Chiellini and prove himself against Italia's central defence. Hopefully Lippi won't be able to ignore that!

Juve have Buffon, DONKEY and Sissoko out, so the tosser Poulsen will probably play, little shit.

Let's hope Beckham can put in a performance tonight, his big game last term v Inter was a bit of a non-event in terms of his play, but he made an ok start v genoa and put two nice crosses in, we really need to get on top of their physical midfield and the game's won.

Really looking forward to the game. I have the links so hopefully they wont let me down.

I must say, i am not very familiar with all the players form, but look forward to getting to know more.
    Done a lot of reading up on the clubs past/history recent days.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Milan is a great club, your best choice yet Sir Grayson. I think you'll find that they have the class to uphold your high standards. Ale

Apart from Milan, what do you think of Italian Football as a whole?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Dicks 11...(by no means a list of ALL greats, just players i recall watching and liking when i watched AC Milan games...)

GK - Dida

Cafu - always great to watch
    Nesta - recall Man Utd were interested
    Desailly - a smart player
    Maldini - who does not admire and respect this man?

Becks - obviously.
    Gatusuto - a Kean-esq player MU were keen on.
    Leonardo - going back a bit, nut i always liked his style of play
    Seedorf - a Dutchy i have always had time for.

Weah - a genuine WoTY - i do recall his box-to-box goal with joy!
    Ronaldino - picked him above Kaka and others cos i think he could yet leave a mark! Always fun to watch
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Black Magic wrote:Milan is a great club, your best choice yet Sir Grayson. I think you'll find that they have the class to uphold your high standards. Ale

Apart from Milan, what do you think of Italian Football as a whole?

During the 90s i was actually an avid follower of Serie A, partly cos Channel 4 covered it very well.

Since the 00's and Sky picking up La Liga and EPL overtaking all otgher leagues Serie A had fallen off my radar.

I appreciate the 'class' of certain teams and certainly enjoyed the Juve of ZZ, Inzaghi, Davids, Del Peiro and Co....the Inter of Ince, Zannetti etc...Baitgoal/Rui Costas Fiorentina and Tottis Roma!

I think EPL has now stepped onto the slippery slope of downward spiral.

La Liga is a 2 team league with one way ahead of the other (with all its money) and now is the time for Serie A to step up and nick the carrot.

Will see. Milan remain the real team to push on - Inter do not impress me at all. Juve have really slipped since the 90s.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Best Milan X1 from the 00s.

Easy.

Dida - Cafu, Nesta, Stam/Costacurta, Maldini - Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka - Shevchenko, Inzaghi.

Mentions: Rui Costa obviously, he was just getting back when Kaka joined, then it was hard for him to co-exist in the same team and force his way in regularly. Serginho i liked alot - amazing performance in the 6-0 v Inter same with Comandini and Giunti, Ambrosini, Crespo for his one albeit pretty special season with us, and Tomasson! Leo and Albertini were great, but on their way out by 2001 and 2002.

Worst Milan from ther 00s.

Fiori - Contra, Roque Jnr, Bonera, Favalli/Coco - Ba, Brocchi, Guly, Dhorasoo - Jose Mari, Javi Moreno.

Mentions: Aliyu!!!! Chamot - just a kicker. Rivaldo was pretty bad by the time he joined - loads of injuries and Ancelotti didn't really trust him tactically i don't feel, sadly Redondo (who is one of my favorite players and was so happy when he joined) but for different reasons - knee injuries stopped him ever playing a real role but he still behaved amazingly.

Last edited by Pirlo on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MightyBarca

Number of posts : 860
    Supports : Fc Barcelona
    Favourite Player : Rivaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Arshavin
    Registration date : 2007-03-16

Post by MightyBarca Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 pm

I've not been following Seria A this season much. Can anyone enlighten me on how ronaldinho is doing?

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm

MightyBarca wrote:I've not been following Seria A this season much. Can anyone enlighten me on how ronaldinho is doing?

Fairly well, as you saw today. Wasn't his best performance, but he still scored two goals.

Great player who has come up big on many occasions. Still doesn't have that pace that he did at Barcelona, but he has switched his game to provide some deadly assists.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Here's one for Dick...

The AC Milan NEWS/GOSSIP Thread - Forza Milan! David_Beckham_1556427c
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:29 am

Even Il Grande Inter couldn't (and wouldn't) score 3 against Juve
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 am

Silly Little Girl wrote:Even Il Grande Inter couldn't (and wouldn't) score 3 against Juve

Yeah, but we could (and did) score 4 against Milan Razz
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Pirlo wrote:Best Milan X1 from the 00s.

Easy.

Dida - Cafu, Nesta, Stam/Costacurta, Maldini - Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka - Shevchenko, Inzaghi.

Mentions: Rui Costa obviously, he was just getting back when Kaka joined, then it was hard for him to co-exist in the same team and force his way in regularly. Serginho i liked alot - amazing performance in the 6-0 v Inter same with Comandini and Giunti, Ambrosini, Crespo for his one albeit pretty special season with us, and Tomasson! Leo and Albertini were great, but on their way out by 2001 and 2002.

What a moment this was Pirlo Blush Inzaghi must have been furious at him, but he had to understand that Tomasson had to score this goal!