Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+59
DeLux
Since 1888
Z&H
TheCrazy58
TITO
Luso
Gigliati
Tweesus
L.r.d
Romford Pele
110%
3zycupid
Deano
S4P
Puro
Machiavel
Deluded F*ck™
L r d hAsta LueGo
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Juligen
AcciDrenthe
Tarun
BoBo Vieri 32
Peruvian Souljah
StevieG
Eniyan
konstantin
Formerly known as sheva7
The Bulk
The Easter Bunny
Batman
DS
Ä
Milan_Kuri
Murray
robert
toon h
Tevez101
Super Progress
Jaime
Mexicanbecks
Cristiano
Calidad
gone
blutgraetsche
Oleguerisntthatbad
Sheffield gunner
golsud
bluenine
Cesc Soler
Pirlo
DD
forza_rossi
Luis
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
fcb
TM
Red n' Black
Dejan Savićević
63 posters

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread.

Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread. Empty AC Milan 2007/08 Thread.

Post by Dejan Savićević Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 pm

Maybe a little early, but last season is over and what an end it was! Laughing

----------------------

I hope we make some much needed quality signings for the new season.

Here's to a great 2007/08. <Ale>
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread. Empty Re: AC Milan 2007/08 Thread.

Post by Dejan Savićević Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Carlo Ancelotti signed a new contract which will keep him at Milan until June 2010.

What do you think? Good or Bad?
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Corriere dello Sport says Emerson is a done deal. I know Spanish posters might disagree, but i still think Emo is a good and reliable player
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:37 pm

He is an okay player, but Liga is too fast for him, and besides we need someone to kick the sh!t out of the opposing players Very Happy
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:56 am

Ancelotti really knows how to be cryptic:

Carlo Ancelotti has admitted Milan hold an interest in Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

Henry is once again being linked with a move away from Arsenal, with Barcelona reportedly hot on the Frenchman's trail.

The Gunners have stated their intention to retain the services of their talisman, but his future continues to be speculated upon and Ancelotti has added fuel to the fire by admitting he could be interested in signing the former Monaco man.

"Our will is to sign a midfielder and a forward," Ancelotti told the Italian press. "You know of the names that are circulating.

"There are lots of big-name strikers, but there is nothing concrete as these players are playing for big teams.

"Henry is a great player and he could be of interest to us."

Real Madrid midfielder Emerson would appear to be Ancelotti's favoured choice to bolster his engine room.

He added: "Emerson? I don't want to talk about names, but the club have the idea who I want to sign.

"And if you ask me if Emerson has the characteristics of the player I want, I would answer by saying the player we are looking for has Emerson's characteristics."
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:15 am

Ancelotti and Milan's directors are in general very cryptic when it comes to transfers. they will very rarely name the players they are interested in or they will even say 'we won't make any new signings' and then present someone when nobody expects it.

However, when they do mention players then it pretty much means that a deal is in place or they are really working to bring that certain player. For example, when Ancelotti was talking about Oddo when he was still in Lazio, i was pretty sure we would end up signing him. Same with Ronaldo and now Emerson.

As far as Henry is concerned, i must admit that i am intrigued by Ancelotti's comments as well. I know he really likes Henry and he also made some comments on Gila (basically that if he feels uncomfortable with increased competition he can go if he wants). I'm not saying that we will sign Henry (dont think Arsenal are selling or that he wants to go), but the above suggest that they are set to bring a big-name striker in the club.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:21 am

Red n' Black wrote:they are set to bring a big-name striker in the club.

ok

I think that's almost certain.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:21 am

@Red n' Black and kas

If Henry comes do you think we will play him behind one of Gila, Ronaldo, or Inzaghi?

The thing is Henry is a player who relies on running from deep with pace. We have Kaka to do that, and Kaka is not the kind of playmaker who slots in that killer through ball. He is far more direct.

So how would we accomodate Henry?

Like this:
    Dida

Oddo Nesta Maldini Janku

Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf

Henry-----Kaka

Gilardino/Inzaghi/Ronaldo

So a 4-3-2-1?

Or:
    Dida

Oddo Nesta Maldini Janku

Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf

Kaka

Henry

Gila/Inzaghi/Ronaldo

4-4-1-1?

I think option 1 would be better.
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:21 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:@Red n' Black and kas

If Henry comes do you think we will play him behind one of Gila, Ronaldo, or Inzaghi?

The thing is Henry is a player who relies on running from deep with pace. We have Kaka to do that, and Kaka is not the kind of playmaker who slots in that killer through ball. He is far more direct.

Very good observations Forza ok This is basically the reason why i would like a different type of striker this season.

For example i believe someone imposing in the box, like Toni, would have been ideal.

Of course i have nothing against Henry, who i consider a fantastic player, all i'm saying is that maybe a different type of striker would be more suited to our game style.

Then again, one could argue that we should go for a No. 10 instead of a striker, for example someone like Diego and play Kaka upfront with Ron. But although effective in that position, Kaka doesn't really like playing there (the only reason we did it this year in the CL was because we had noone decent upfront)
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:23 am

Isn't Iaquinta the main guy you're after?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:44 am

kas wrote:Isn't Iaquinta the main guy you're after?

No. Juve have pretty much snapped him up anyway.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:24 am

Oh yeah, got confused about that. I knew he was close to signing for some big Italian club, just forgot it was Juve and not you.

So who are Milan really after - if you had to say one name right now who looks most likely to join you for the striker position, who would it be?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:28 am

kas wrote:Oh yeah, got confused about that. I knew he was close to signing for some big Italian club, just forgot it was Juve and not you.

So who are Milan really after - if you had to say one name right now who looks most likely to join you for the striker position, who would it be?

Right now, there are no strikers that look set to join us. Most of the strikers linked with us are playing for big clubs who don't seem ready to let them go.

Still, I would say Sheva.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:40 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    kas wrote:Oh yeah, got confused about that. I knew he was close to signing for some big Italian club, just forgot it was Juve and not you.

Right now, there are no strikers that look set to join us. Most of the strikers linked with us are playing for big clubs who don't seem ready to let them go.

Still, I would say Sheva.

I would go with that too...especially with Chelsea signing Pizarro and possibly being after McCarthy.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:13 pm

But it would still be a tough sell. Chelsea just bought him. I could see a loan deal.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:30 pm

AC Milan made a last-ditch bid to land Roberto Carlos before he announced his move to Fenerbahce yesterday, it has been revealed.

Marca says Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani contacted the Real Madrid wing-back this week to make him an offer to return to Italy at the end of this season.

The Brazilian thanked Galliani for his approach, but insisted he couldn't break his promise to Zico, the Fenerbahce coach.

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon and coach Fabio Capello also tried to convince Roberto Carlos to change his mind over the last fortnight, but without success.

Laugh

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:55 pm

GILA HAPPY TO STAY (acmilan.com)
    6/8/2007 5:54:00 PM
    Alberto Gilardino has been at Milan headquarters in Via Turati to meet Adriano Galliani, Ariedo Braida and Leonardo to confirm he wants to remain at the club

Alberto Gilardino went to Milan headquarters in Via Turati on Friday afternoon at 15.00 to meet with Adriano Galliani, Ariedo Braida and Leonardo. After 20 minutes, the striker and chief executive came out to speak to Milan Channel:

GALLIANI: ‘Gilardino has confirmed that he wants to remain at Milan, accepting the healthy competition in our team that is the best of all teams in Europe. Milan have always wanted Gila to stay here, on condition that he was happy to remain. This has been confirmed to me by Alberto and the problem is closed and forgotten. Now we'll think about next season.'

GILARDINO: ‘I am very pleased with this meeting, we chatted, it was very important. I am happy and I know how important this team is, I want to remain here as long as possible. I was before and I am even more so now. What I heard Pippo say was really wonderful. I have heard from other team-mates too and they told me to think well. I reality I had no doubts: the papers twisted my words a bit but I always wanted to remain at Milan. I have made this interview to say to everyone that I have not received an offer from any other team, even less so Inter.'

Gila then spoke about last season and the upcoming encounter:

'My goal against Manchester? It was great satisfaction to score my first goal in such an important game such as a semi-final of the Champions League. It crowned a year that wasn't that easy, which started with some difficulties but thanks to the support of the coach and the commitment of the players we remained united and showed our great character.

'We will play the Club World Cup in December, I have seen the Intercontinental Cup here in the headquarters and on television, it would be wonderful to win something important. Now we have a month's vacation and then prepare well for the European Super Cup and Club World Cup.

'The operation in Antwerp went well. I am recovering and will have some rehabilitation and will be ready for July 23.'
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:56 pm

What you reckon abour Ronaldo guys? think he can do well next season? will he be first choice?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Luis wrote:What you reckon abour Ronaldo guys? think he can do well next season? will he be first choice?

I think Ronaldo will be the first choice, injury permitting. Gilardino has been good for us, scoring 10+ goals the last 2 seasons. But he needs to be great, and I believe he can be.

Our possible strikeforce for next season will consist of Gila, Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Oliveira (I hope he improves) and another striker we are trying to sign.
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by forza_rossi Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:20 pm

I think Ronaldo will really turn it up next season. He was showing signs of coming back to something like his 2002-self. A pity really that he couldnt play in the CL. Hypothetically, if you lot sign Etoo, how will Kaka, Ronaldo and Etoo be accomodated??. Also say if you get Henry, how would you accomodate say Kaka, Ronaldo and Henry.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Serie A - Milan "80%" sure of landing Sheva
    Eurosport - Fri, 15 Jun 11:52:00 2007

Serie A - Milan president Silvio Berlusconi is highly confident Andriy Shevchenko will return to the San Siro this summer.

The Ukraine goal ace left Milan for Chelsea this time last year, but a disappointing first season in the Premiership has led to intense speculation he will soon be leaving Stamford Bridge, with the Rossoneri favourites to recapture him.

Since Shevchenko's departure from Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has struggled to get the best out of this front line, despite his side's Champions League triumph, and is believed to be in the market for another forward.

Barcelona's Sameul Eto'o currently tops Ancelotti's wanted list, but Berlusconi admits he would rather see Shevchenko back in a Milan shirt.

"I like Eto'o as he is a young and talented player, but I am a romantic and I prefer Shevchenko," Berlusconi told the Sfoghi di Calcio television show.

"Up to a few days ago, when I spoke to [vice-president Adriano] Galliani, I thought Sheva's chances of coming back were 80 per cent.

"If things had changed and that percentage had dropped to 50 then I am sure Galliani would have told me.

"Shevchenko wants to return and his wage demands would not be a problem, as his salary would be the same as the other champions.

"Obviously we need to find an agreement with Chelsea, but I think he would be an ideal addition to our attacking department.

"I consider Sheva my son. I have shared many important moments with him, like his father's operation and the birth of his son, who I am godfather to."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/15062007/58/serie-milan-80-landing-sheva.html
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:28 pm

Do you guys think that any of our Primavera players like Di Gennaro, Aubameyang or Antonelli will be promoted or loaned out to some Serie A/Serie B clubs this year?
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:10 pm

Red n' Black wrote:Do you guys think that any of our Primavera players like Di Gennaro, Aubameyang or Antonelli will be promoted or loaned out to some Serie A/Serie B clubs this year?

Antonelli and Di Gennaro are two of the promising players we have in the Primavera set-up, i doubt any of them will get anywhere near the first team squad, the very best they can hope for - as is the policy in Italy - is some minutes in the Coppa Italia.

If they want football, then loan moves to Serie B sides is the best option, but they better be physically prepared if they drop down to the lower tiers but most likely they'll end up in co-ownership deals, the academies that produce the best youngsters are elsewhere in places like Bergamo, Atalanta, Parma, Roma etc.
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:34 am

Thanx Pirlo <Ale>

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Milan’s season ticket boom
    Thursday 28 June, 2007
    With a mouth-watering campaign in prospect, Rossoneri fever has swept Milan and season ticket sales have rocketed.

The Diavoli have reported 21,344 early ticket sales – an increase of over 13,000 from this time last year.

The bumper ticket sales may be a result of winning the Champions League and the excitement generated by the club’s search for a high-profile striker.

If the Via Turati outfit are able to lure one of Samuel Eto’o, Andriy Shevchenko or Didier Drogba to the San Siro they can expect to sail past last season’s final total of 37,300 season tickets sold.

Serie A attendances have been in decline in recent years, but Milan still boasted an average gate of 47,000 last term – second only to Inter – in spite of the Calciopoli gloom.

It is estimated that Milan’s advanced sales will generate almost £5m for the club.
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:27 pm

ADRIANO GALLIANI ON SUMMER TRANSFERS

6/28/2007

MILAN - 'I have always liked Cassano. We had a 'vote' on him in January because I am democratic, but it was not passed. We might have another vote now.' This is what Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani had to say before a Football League meeting. 'Our only negotiations from now to August 31 is for a striker, it's not a case of one, two or three but only negotiations with different great attackers. Has there been a meeting with Pato's agent? Milan speak to everyone and everyone thinks they can be a great Milan attacker. In any case, there is no particular interest in Pato. Agents are always trying to trigger auctions by talking to as many clubs as possible.'

YES! Please Uncle Fester, GET HIM NOW!
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:35 pm

Hmmm

Cassano + Emerson + Cannavaro + 30M ='s Kaka?!
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has revealed that the Rossoneri are considering a move for Real Madrid striker Antonio Cassano.

The unsettled player is set to leave Spain after his terrible season with the Merengues and was already paired with the Rossoneri in January, when he was followed by Inter as well.

“I have always liked Cassano,” said Galliani before entering the Lega Calcio offices this afternoon. “We had already discussed his move in January and we put the issue to the ballot, because I am a democrat.

“However, we were not all delighted with the move and the transfer did not occur. Now we could consider the option once again.

“Would I need to convince Carlo Ancelotti? No, he wasn’t the one who said no in January,” concluded the former Lega Calcio chief.

The Milan Coach was reportedly ready to welcome Talentino to his squad, but club officials did not agree with the move as they feared his arrival might create tension in the dressing room.

The situation has now seemingly changed and Cassano could be allowed to leave Los Blancos for free, but Napoli and Inter are also tracking the player.

“Cassano needs to feel valued by his public and Napoli have the kind of fans he needs,” explained international agent Ernesto Bronzetti.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:50 pm

It looks like another good season at teh San Siro... Inter's season tickets crossed 20,000 even before they hit the general sale 2 weeks ago!

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Milan’s season ticket boom
    Thursday 28 June, 2007
    With a mouth-watering campaign in prospect, Rossoneri fever has swept Milan and season ticket sales have rocketed.

The Diavoli have reported 21,344 early ticket sales – an increase of over 13,000 from this time last year.

The bumper ticket sales may be a result of winning the Champions League and the excitement generated by the club’s search for a high-profile striker.

If the Via Turati outfit are able to lure one of Samuel Eto’o, Andriy Shevchenko or Didier Drogba to the San Siro they can expect to sail past last season’s final total of 37,300 season tickets sold.

Serie A attendances have been in decline in recent years, but Milan still boasted an average gate of 47,000 last term – second only to Inter – in spite of the Calciopoli gloom.

It is estimated that Milan’s advanced sales will generate almost £5m for the club.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:57 pm

That's quite shocking. Most big clubs have waiting lists of years to get a season ticket.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:05 am