Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+65
Lordanger
Black Magic
SuperMario
EM Seleção e Selecção
Glenarch of the Glen
Sheffield gunner
jmf
TheCrazy58
Roger Hunt
GR
Deluded F*ck™
bluenine
Hlebagone
L r d hAsta LueGo
Oleguerisntthatbad
StevieG
DS
golsud
Tom
summer sizzler
Luso
F!!! then E!!! then Y
Super Progress
Nightwing
Batman
3zycupid
Puro
Romford Pele
Mexicanbecks
robert
Manutd2007
Napoléon
Deano
republicoffenerbahce
Since 1888
godof86
DeLux
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
The Pröfessör
Isco Benny
Allez les rouges
Axeslammer
The-Frank-Tavern
Tweesus
S4P
Machiavel
Calidad
Rosicky
Chocolate Thunder
Football Genius
A & K
pauloduarte
shazlx
Lard
COTR
The Bulk
Luis
Protheus
Rez
Parks lives
fcb
DD
Dwarf
Fey
Cesc Soler
69 posters

CL Group A Thread - Liverpool - Porto - Marseille - Besiktas

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

CL Group A Thread - Liverpool - Porto - Marseille - Besiktas - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Group A Thread - Liverpool - Porto - Marseille - Besiktas

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 am

kas wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:@ Kas, no, he isn't technically very good. His energy, pace and work rate are all fantastic though. He cant pass, but he can tackle, and he's becoming much more confident with the ball at his feet (dribbling). I think he's one of the best play breakers around.

And you think running around at a high speed for 90 mins, only occasionally passing the ball well but doing a great job of destroying play, is enough to warrant being called one of the top 15 midfielders in the Premiership?

ok

easily

Very few players EVER get the better of him

he is a living nightmare to play against
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

CL Group A Thread - Liverpool - Porto - Marseille - Besiktas - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Group A Thread - Liverpool - Porto - Marseille - Besiktas

Post by fcb Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 am

COTR wrote:
    kas wrote:He does...but based on that one game his profile has elevated so much it's unreal. Many posters have said this many times on the board before - Sissoko is perfect to destroy teams like Barcelona, but in reality he's not all that great. It's all about the matchups, to quote Teamspirit.

Wrong actually

he built his reputuation long before those games and has gobbled up the chelsea midfield made a laughing stock of scholes and co on numerous occasins. barca were just the latest in a long line of conquests cyclops

too much focus is placed on what he can't do at the expense of what he actually does do. he was out of fomr at the end of last season after the eye and knee injuries but he is playing like a man possessed at the minute

Well, maybe that's my perspective because I didn't rate him so much as a destroyer until that match at the Camp Nou.

But again, the 2nd paragraph is fair enough, but I can see that even you don't agree with that crazy "top 15" claim...though crouching was probably exaggerating hugely.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:27 am

kas wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:@ Kas, no, he isn't technically very good. His energy, pace and work rate are all fantastic though. He cant pass, but he can tackle, and he's becoming much more confident with the ball at his feet (dribbling). I think he's one of the best play breakers around.

And you think running around at a high speed for 90 mins, only occasionally passing the ball well but doing a great job of destroying play, is enough to warrant being called one of the top 15 midfielders in the Premiership?

Yeah, he's brilliant.

Lets not all jump on the 'all he can do is tackle, but he cant pass for shite' bandwagon.

He brings the ball forward from midfield, he can single-handedly control the middle of the pitch, he has excellent stamina, his passes are usually fine and he can only get better.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:28 am

Fair enough. This will just go round in circles.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:28 am

kas wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    kas wrote:He does...but based on that one game his profile has elevated so much it's unreal. Many posters have said this many times on the board before - Sissoko is perfect to destroy teams like Barcelona, but in reality he's not all that great. It's all about the matchups, to quote Teamspirit.

Wrong actually

he built his reputuation long before those games and has gobbled up the chelsea midfield made a laughing stock of scholes and co on numerous occasins. barca were just the latest in a long line of conquests cyclops

too much focus is placed on what he can't do at the expense of what he actually does do. he was out of fomr at the end of last season after the eye and knee injuries but he is playing like a man possessed at the minute

Well, maybe that's my perspective because I didn't rate him so much as a destroyer until that match at the Camp Nou.

But again, the 2nd paragraph is fair enough, but I can see that even you don't agree with that crazy "top 15" claim...though crouching was probably exaggerating hugely.

scratch

Better midfielders than momo imo

gerrard
    scholes
    mascha
    essien
    ballack
    alonso
    cesc
    arteta
    hargreaves .. maybe

that's all I can think of at the minute Biggrin
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:29 am

COTR wrote:made a laughing stock of scholes and co

Name one?

Scholes wasn't playing for a couple of the games Sissoko played.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:31 am

Parks lives wrote:

Name one?

by scholes and co I meant united What a Face

he regularly gobbled up your midfield before last season when the injuries clearly affected him Laughing (if scholes can use it as an excuse for being $h!t then hey so can momo )
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:33 am

Parks lives wrote:

Name one?

The one where he did, last year at old trafford, Sissoko's main contribution, well the only thing i can remember him doing....was an attempted long ball to one of the strikers, which turned out to be a 70ft in the air pass to himself, he then proceeded to try and throw anyone near him away so he would win the header before slipping and giving away a free kick lol!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:34 am

COTR wrote:

scratch

gerrard
    scholes
    mascha
    essien
    ballack
    alonso
    cesc
    arteta
    hargreaves .. maybe

Maybe Carrick, maybe Gilberto, maybe you can count Lampard too because of his goals.

That's 12 at the very most.

And suddenly my top 15 remark wasn't so laughable. Erm
    Lard
    Lard

Post by Lard Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:34 am

COTR wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:

Name one?

by scholes and co I meant united What a Face

he regularly gobbled up your midfield before last season when the injuries clearly affected him Laughing (if scholes can use it as an excuse for being $h!t then hey so can momo )

You mean one game at anfield in the f.a cup where it was fletcher and someone v gerrard sissoko and alonso. clown
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:40 am

COTR wrote:
    scratch

gerrard
    scholes
    mascha
    essien
    ballack
    alonso
    cesc
    arteta
    hargreaves .. maybe

First off, assuming we aren't counting wingers, which are midfielders...but ok, I'll play along, central midfielders only:

Not in order:
    Essien, Ballack, Mikel, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Scholes, Hargreaves, Arteta, Cahill, Cesc, Gilberto, Rosicky, Parker, Noble, Barton

I've left out Carrick, Makelele, Hleb, Elano (just starting)
    Lard
    Lard

Post by Lard Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:40 am

Just looked at the teams, it was fletcher and giggs in central midfield v hamann gerrard and sissoko. Definitly similar to outplayed scholes and hargreaves for example Rolling Eyes
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:40 am

Crouching Tiger wrote:
    COTR wrote:

scratch

gerrard
    scholes
    mascha
    essien
    ballack
    alonso
    cesc
    arteta
    hargreaves .. maybe

Maybe Carrick, maybe Gilberto, maybe you can count Lampard too because of his goals.

Arteta.

Loads of other midfielders I'd rather have other than Sisqo no matter how he plays.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:41 am

kas wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    scratch

gerrard
    scholes
    mascha
    essien
    ballack
    alonso
    cesc
    arteta
    hargreaves .. maybe

First off, assuming we aren't counting wingers, which are midfielders...but ok, I'll play along, central midfielders only:

Not in order:
    Essien, Ballack, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Scholes, Hargreaves, Arteta, Cesc,

I have helped you out and taken out all the ones i do not agree with kas Biggrin

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:41 am

Parks lives wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:
    COTR wrote:

scratch

gerrard
    scholes
    mascha
    essien
    ballack
    alonso
    cesc
    arteta
    hargreaves .. maybe

Arteta.

Loads of other midfielders I'd rather have other than Sisqo no matter how he plays.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:43 am

COTR wrote:
    kas wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    scratch

gerrard
    scholes
    mascha
    essien
    ballack
    alonso
    cesc
    arteta
    hargreaves .. maybe

Not in order:
    Essien, Ballack, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Scholes, Hargreaves, Arteta, Cesc,

I have helped you out and taken out all the ones i do not agree with kas Biggrin

lol!

Not even Gilberto?
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:44 am

Parks lives wrote:

Arteta.

yep arteta is clearly a midfielder spank Laugh

your opinion on sissoko was summed up at the weekend when despite winning the MOTM award you still could only find yourself whinging and whinging about him
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:45 am

kas wrote:

lol!

Not even Gilberto?

Nope Biggrin

gilberto is only one step up from grandad emerson these days Basketball

sissoko tramples all over him

Last edited by on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:45 am

What is Arteta then? Laughing

I whinged about Sissoko because again his passing was wank. Yet he made some crunching tackles and scored his first goal in his 100th or so game, so they gave him MotM.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:48 am

Parks lives wrote:What is Arteta then? Laughing

I whinged about Sissoko because again his passing was wank. Yet he made some crunching tackles and scored his first goal in his 100th or so game, so they gave him MotM.

why do you keep mentioning arteta spank ???

having trouble reading again ????

Ct even helped you out
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:06 am

COTR wrote:
    kas wrote:

lol!

Not even Gilberto?

Nope Biggrin

gilberto is only one step up from grandad emerson these days Basketball

sissoko tramples all over him
    lol! Liverpool fas are officially the most bias on the board.
    CM I would prefer in my team:
    Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Essien, Ballack, Mikel ,Makalele, J.Cole (if he was to play there), Gilberto, Cesc, Diaby, Rosicky (if he was to play there, he does for the Cech Rep.), Arteta, Huddlestone, Noble, Michael Johnson, Faye. Yeh, he sure is one gonna be one of the finest in Europe. Especially if you forget players like De Rossi, Gago, Fernandes, Tolalan... exist.

Everything Parky said about the Sissoko performance against Sunderland is true. (i watched the 2nd half) He scored his first PL goal from a pot shot. He broke up the play from a limited Sunderland. Great. Except when ever he got the ball he gave it away. whether it was a pass from a team-mate or from a tackle he just made. He has very little skill and less technical ability. The second goal Liverpool scored was good because Sissoko's involvement was absent.
    pauloduarte
    pauloduarte

Number of posts : 186
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by pauloduarte Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:07 am

Good draw for Porto. Liverpool are clear favourites, but can still see Porto having a win at home against them. Marseille and Besiktas should be winnable.

Porto and Liverpool to go through from this group.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:53 am

Liverpool fas are officially the most bias on the board.
    CM I would prefer in my team:
    Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Essien, Ballack, Mikel ,Makalele, J.Cole (if he was to play there), Gilberto, Cesc, Diaby, Rosicky (if he was to play there, he does for the Cech Rep.), Arteta, Huddlestone, Noble, Michael Johnson, Faye. Yeh, he sure is one gonna be one of the finest in Europe. Especially if you forget players like De Rossi, Gago, Fernandes, Tolalan... exist.

and what.. you think by including someone like diaby that you are not bias ?????????

players like diaby, faye, noble would not make it anywhere near a place in our team

Everything Parky said about the Sissoko performance against Sunderland is true. (i watched the 2nd half) He scored his first PL goal from a pot shot. He broke up the play from a limited Sunderland. Great. Except when ever he got the ball he gave it away. whether it was a pass from a team-mate or from a tackle he just made. He has very little skill and less technical ability. The second goal Liverpool scored was good because Sissoko's involvement was absent.

you say a limited sunderland... but to us this is how he plays in almost every game so it's makes no difference whether it was sunderland, barca or chelsea. he again had a great game and surprise surrpise people only focus on his limitations

anyhow this isn't the sissoko thread so it's best to stop now. I can perfectly accept why people may not like him but to go around calling us bias because we rate him highly it is just ridiculous

anyway... back to our difficult group Biggrin

@ paulo- Im looking forward to the porto games. I think you will probably beat us at least once. it'll be a major shock if we don't both go through
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:46 am

Some of the Sissoko comments by the pool fans are hilarious, I seriously hope they are on the wind up.

Sissoko is one of the least talented players, playing for a CL club. All he does is run around kicking people for 90 minutes, he cant even pass water. He had a couple of good games against Chelsea and Barcelona in which he performed way over his abilty.

Fletcher has dominated the midfield of 5 of the best teams in Europe; Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Roma and Milan. Yet you dont see united fans making ridiculous claims about him being one of the top 15 midfielders in the league.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:59 am

Rez wrote:Some of the Sissoko comments by the pool fans are hilarious, I seriously hope they are on the wind up.

Sissoko is one of the least talented players, playing for a CL club. All he does is run around kicking people for 90 minutes, he cant even pass water. He had a couple of good games against Chelsea and Barcelona in which he performed way over his abilty.

Fletcher has dominated the midfield of 5 of the best teams in Europe; Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Roma and Milan. Yet you dont see united fans making ridiculous claims about him being one of the top 15 midfielders in the league.

Reg believe me mate....

nothing we ever say comes close to some of the $h!t you spout about united

but that's a whole other debate

stop ruining the thread Biggrin
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:02 pm

pauloduarte wrote:Good draw for Porto. Liverpool are clear favourites, but can still see Porto having a win at home against them. Marseille and Besiktas should be winnable.

Yep normally Liverpool should finish first and Porto second. Marseille have started their season really badly, maybe because there are lots of new players. Even if Ribery left, IMO the team is much better this year. They have bought 3 captains and strengthen their defense.

It's going to be weird for Cisse and Zenden (if he plays) to be back at Anfield
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:11 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:
    pauloduarte wrote:Good draw for Porto. Liverpool are clear favourites, but can still see Porto having a win at home against them. Marseille and Besiktas should be winnable.

Yep normally Liverpool should finish first and Porto second. Marseille have started their season really badly, maybe because there are lots of new players. Even if Ribery left, IMO the team is much better this year. They have bought 3 captains and strengthen their defense.

will they put up more of a fight than toulouse and bordeaux ???

losing at home to nice is never a good sign
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:44 pm

COTR wrote:
    Alive and Kicking wrote:

will they put up more of a fight than toulouse and bordeaux ???

losing at home to nice is never a good sign

Yes, they will. They have at least some experience playing in Europe (2 finals of U.E.F.A since 99). Toulouse had a season wonder, they are cr@p,
    and Bordeaux had a quite good team, but was badly managed last year.
    4 players play for the French side. Marseille will be more difficult to beat at home than Bordeaux and Toulouse, but they shouldn't too well away.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:41 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:
    kas wrote:

Yeah, he's brilliant.

Lets not all jump on the 'all he can do is tackle, but he cant pass for shite' bandwagon.

He brings the ball forward from midfield, he can single-handedly control the middle of the pitch, he has excellent stamina, his passes are usually fine and he can only get better.

Why not, Gattuso wins all the plaudits for doing the same thing..
    Lard
    Lard

Post by Lard Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:43 pm

True enough

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:13 pm