Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Axeslammer
Protheus
lampiao007
Pierre Littbarski
The Pröfessör
Nightwing
DD
SuperMario
shazlx
Luis
golsud
S4P
lrdsucksgoats
Roger Hunt
Machiavel
The-Frank-Tavern
Rasiak-9
Rez
bluenine
Football Genius
TITO
Tweesus
COTR
DS
Bashmachkin
TM
The Vermonster
Batman
Dwarf
Di Caniooooo!
Mexicanbecks
Fey
fcb
Sgoater1
monty
Lordanger
robert
forza_rossi
Puro
Cesc Soler
Zack
StevieG
Chocolate Thunder
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
christmasborocooper
Sheffield gunner
Parks lives
Lard
53 posters

Mourinho SACKED!

lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Mourinho SACKED! - Page 10 Empty Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by lampiao007 Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:19 pm

TeamSpirit™ wrote:The only player with a hint of fantasy that he had at Porto was Deco though.

Pierre forgot to add Crespo to that list too.

Carlos Alberto? Alenitchev was not bad also. Mccarthy, Derlei.
    All of them are very good technically
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:33 pm

Joe Cole is not world class, Robben was injured too often to be effective (esp. the past 2 seasons), and Mutu f@cked his own career up with the drugs and partying.

Ballack and Shevchenko, nobody will ever know the exact situation, but IMO it's a combination of them (for different reasons) not adapting to the league, Mourinho not figuring out a good system to accommodate them, and pressure from Abramovich and the board to fit them in anyway.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:33 pm

lampiao007 wrote:
    TeamSpirit™ wrote:The only player with a hint of fantasy that he had at Porto was Deco though.

What I think Pierre means, is that possibly MCarthy (who doesn't have as big an ego as people like to say IMO) & Alberto, were the only players other than Deco who came with "baggage".

For instance - I believe he wouldn't be able to handle players like Adriano at all.
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:44 pm

TeamSpirit™ wrote:
    lampiao007 wrote:

What I think Pierre means, is that possibly MCarthy (who doesn't have as big an ego as people like to say IMO) & Alberto, were the only players other than Deco who came with "baggage".

For instance - I believe he wouldn't be able to handle players like Adriano at all.

Why should he? He's the coach. He makes the decisions. Players have to do what they are asked for. If they don't like it, they are sent packing.
    Can not handle and will not tolerate are dierent things
    Look at Sheva,Robben,Ballack and Gallas. They moan, but they did as they where told

I don't think Mourinho asked or wanted Sheva and Ballack. Not because of their star status or ego. He just did not think they would be needed on his tactical game plan
    Those buys where a chairman ego trip. It backfired.
    What happens now if Chelsky go back to their normal (because they will) 4th or 5th place?
    And when do we start taking bets that SGE will be tapped t coach Chelsky?
    After all, that was always their big bet
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:56 pm

kas wrote:Joe Cole is not world class, Robben was injured too often to be effective (esp. the past 2 seasons), and Mutu f@cked his own career up with the drugs and partying.

Ballack and Shevchenko, nobody will ever know the exact situation, but IMO it's a combination of them (for different reasons) not adapting to the league, Mourinho not figuring out a good system to accommodate them, and pressure from Abramovich and the board to fit them in anyway.

ok Spot on analysis kas.
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:16 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:The only player with a hint of fantasy that he had at Porto was Deco though.

Is this a joke? Doh
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:18 am

On J.Cole, he turned a guy who was a bit all over the place into an England regular who used his skills to better effect. I don't get why he is critised where Cole is concerned.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:19 am

Protheus wrote:
    TeamSpirit™️ wrote:The only player with a hint of fantasy that he had at Porto was Deco though.

Is this a joke? Doh

Not saying that you didn't have other technically gifted players, but Deco was the only true "free spirit", if you get what I mean.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:22 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:
    Protheus wrote:

Is this a joke? Doh

Not saying that you didn't have other technically gifted players, but Deco was the only true "free spirit", if you get what I mean.

You are saying Deco is a hipie scratch
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:23 am

L r d wrote:On J.Cole, he turned a guy who was a bit all over the place into an England regular who used his skills to better effect. I don't get why he is critised where Cole is concerned.

ok I agree with that.

I think Joe Cole is actually playing at his absolutely maximum, though I don't actually think he's as talented as some make out.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:23 am

L r d wrote:On J.Cole, he turned a guy who was a bit all over the place into an England regular who used his skills to better effect. I don't get why he is critised where Cole is concerned.

ok

Some stay he stopped some of Joe Cole's talents. Bullshit! He stopped Joe Cole from being a flashy c**t who would do stepover after stepover. Of course West Ham should be given an incredible amount of credit for Joe Cole he was after all their academy player who they turned into a player with a lot of potential but I think it was Mourinho who helped Joe Cole make that 'final step'. Ale
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:41 am

If Robben was still at the club and fit then would J Cole get into the team?

Now that Mourinho has gone i wonder if Ballack and Shevchenko will become undropable if they are fit.

This team should be able to play good attacking football:

Cech

Belletti . . . Carvalho . . Terry . . . A Cole

Essien
    J Cole . . . . . . . . . . . . Malouda
    Ballack

. Drogba . . . Shevchenko
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:57 am

See that's the problem. They (by this I mean the board) are too intent on this whole idea of 'playing good football' and 'the stars must be undroppable'.

If fit, Mikel must start.

If fit, Lampard must start.

Although these guys do not contribute in terms of 'beautiful football' we are most effective when they are both playing. To drop them would be a disaster. Ale
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:04 am

DIDIER DROGBA has vowed to follow Jose Mourinho OUT of Chelsea.

Friends say the Ivory Coast striker, 29, is “furious and upset” after Mourinho’s sacking.

Drogba was in tears as Mourinho said goodbye to the players yesterday and is now prepared to ask for a transfer.

A pal said: “Didier is absolutely furious with Chelsea and cannot believe they would sack Mourinho like this.

"He looked on Jose as his mentor and does not know that he can achieve his best form for Chelsea under another coach.

“It will take a few weeks yet before he’s fit to play but it’s a matter of when and not if that he’ll leave the club.”

Drogba was Blues’ top scorer last term with 33 goals.

AC Milan monitored his situation in the summer and would be prepared to pay £25million if he became available.

And there could be yet more trouble for Chelsea as Drogba’s close friend Michael Essien is also upset by the week’s events.

On top of that, Frank Lampard — Mourinho’s most trusted on-field general — has just 21 months left on his current contract.

Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira could be two more to leave the club.

Mourinho broke his silence last night on Portuguese TV.

He said: “I’ll take my time and relax after what happened.

“I’ve worked hard the last few years. I’m not going to rush into a new job.”
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:16 am

Thanks lrd. This is what I was talking about before (all the way back to January when the problems started to arise). Roman's personal mission to remove Jose from the club was so great that he forgot about many other key factors, the most important one being that many players would follow Jose out the door. As well as Drogba, you have:

Cech - Not particularly well known until Jose snapped him up. Adores Jose and I'm sure he may follow Jose out should Jose move to another club. If he goes, we are royally fucked.

Ferreira - Good, f@ck off. There's the door.

Carvalho - Another player who is very close to Jose. Followed him from Porto to Chelsea so why wouldn't he follow Jose to his next job.

Pizarro - Another man who Mourinho is very fond of. If Sheva gets the nod over him under the Jew (very likely to happen), Piza might leave before his Chelsea career has barely begun (shame because he's looked good so far).

Lampard - Only got a year and a half left on his contract (if that). Knows he'll be picked week in week out by Mourinho, whereas his place at Chelsea is much more under threat now.
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:28 am

kas wrote:Neutral opinion:

Reina
    Finnan-Terry-Carvalho-Cole
    Gerrard-Mascherano-Essien-Malouda
    Torres-Drogba

And Mascherano indeed > Essien.

6-5 to Chelsea though.

affraid mascherano <<<< Essien

another neutral

Cech
    Finnan Terry-Carvalho Riise
    Gerrard Essien Masch Malouda
    Torres Drogba

still 6-5 to chelsea though. Cole hasnt been that great imo in the past season or so and is often injured along with bridge .and im a fan of riise soooooo.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:04 am

From SPORT:

Mourinho SACKED! - Page 10 Foto_243088_CAS

Translation: "Mourinho, see the bright side. Now you will have more time to visit the theatre".
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 am

S4P wrote:Thanks lrd. This is what I was talking about before (all the way back to January when the problems started to arise). Roman's personal mission to remove Jose from the club was so great that he forgot about many other key factors, the most important one being that many players would follow Jose out the door. As well as Drogba, you have:

Cech - Not particularly well known until Jose snapped him up. Adores Jose and I'm sure he may follow Jose out should Jose move to another club. If he goes, we are royally fucked.

Ferreira - Good, f@ck off. There's the door.

Carvalho - Another player who is very close to Jose. Followed him from Porto to Chelsea so why wouldn't he follow Jose to his next job.

Pizarro - Another man who Mourinho is very fond of. If Sheva gets the nod over him under the Jew (very likely to happen), Piza might leave before his Chelsea career has barely begun (shame because he's looked good so far).

Lampard - Only got a year and a half left on his contract (if that). Knows he'll be picked week in week out by Mourinho, whereas his place at Chelsea is much more under threat now.

Cech was bought by Ranieri before the special one was appointed. S i can't see a large need to leave.

Is Carvalho to Maureen what Emerson is to Cappello? If so he gone but other clubs might have issues matching his wages.

Pizzarro might also leave.

Ferreria and Lampard you yourself should pay to leave!

Drogba would really only be my question make? I can't see Drogba following him. Yes Mourinho stuck by him during his tougher times in England but I just can't see Drogba up and leaving following him.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:22 am

In fact, Drogba is supposedly the one player in the squad with the strongest loyalty to Mourinho. Terry has Chelsea ties mixed in, and Carvalho is from his Porto days, but everything else I've read on this indicates that if there's one player who wants to leave because of Mourinho leaving, it's Drogba.

Pizarro, again, I'm not sure. He said before how happy he is to come to England because of his love for horse racing, so I think it'll take him being really frozen out of the squad and possibly losing his Peru place before he considers leaving. Assuming of course that no other big club in England wants him.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:01 am

Drogba wants to leave anyway he said so in the past, Mourinho leaving will give him a good excuse to leave sooner than he intended.
    The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by The Vermonster Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:17 am

Drogba has stated multiple times in the past his desire to play in Italy.

Given that at best Gilardino is sh*t, Milan won't really be worse off in making a bid.

But the real question is will Drogba go to a different club than Mourinho?
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:46 am

pretty clear from Jose's statement that he ain't hanging around in England, as the geezer from the Express said on sky sports news this morning prob. a condition of his financial package and will explain why he is rumoured to be getting more than his salary would entitle him to
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:28 am

Its inevitable that a few players wil be lost. luckily for Chelsea there is pretty much an open chquebook to replace them. Drogba is a hugely important player, a world class one, but I think if any club can replace a player of that calibre, its Chelsea.

Lampard as well, in Mourinho's system he is hugely important and for this season he will be as well but next summer Roman can just open up his chequebook and sign someone new to replace him.

I think its now inevitable that Chelsea will go all out to sign Ronaldinho. If Drogba leaves, Chelsea will replace him adequately, probably with someone like Berbatov or Villa. And then someone like Lucho to replace Lampard
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:40 am

Mourinho exit could spark exodus
    ---------------

Chelsea could face a fight to keep hold of several of their best players after the departure of Jose Mourinho.
    Reports are rife that many of the club's highest profile players now want to follow him out of Chelsea.

Defender Ricardo Carvalho said: "It is a very sad day for me and the team. I had a big offer from Real Madrid but I stayed at Chelsea because of Mourinho."

And summer signing Florent Malouda added: "I joined Chelsea because of my first meeting with Mourinho."

Several reports claim striker Didier Drogba is "furious and upset" at the parting of the ways between Chelsea and their charismatic Portuguese coach.

AC Milan are admirers of the Ivory Coast striker and would happily finance a move to take him to the San Siro.

Drogba, 29, was Chelsea's top scorer with 33 goals last season.

Reports elsewhere claim Michael Essien and Paulo Ferreira, both brought to Chelsea by Mourinho, may also be mulling over whether to stay at the club.

A huge question mark will also hang over the future of England midfield man Frank Lampard, who has already put talks on a new contract on hold and was regarded as one of Mourinho's most trusted lieutenants in the dressing room.

Lampard has long been linked with a move to Spain with either Real Madrid or Barcelona

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7006084.stm
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:42 am

José Mourinho yesterday agreed a £12 million payoff as compensation for his dramatic departure from Chelsea, but he is already planning his return to football. Mourinho told The Times he is waiting by the phone and hopes to get back to work as soon as possible.

Tottenham Hotspur have already privately declared their interest in a man who won six trophies during three unforgettable years at Stamford Bridge, although it is unlikely that the Portuguese would accept an offer to stay in London at White Hart Lane. “I’m going to enjoy my life, I’m going to wait for the telephone calls,” Mourinho said. “I want to work.”

He later released a statement that read: “I am very proud of my work at Chelsea. I want to thank all Chelsea supporters for what I believe is a never-ending love story. I wish great success to the club.” Mourinho went on to thank the players and even his children’s teachers.

Chelsea acted swiftly to move on from the controversy surrounding Mourinho’s exit — along with the bulk of his coaching staff — by announcing Avram Grant as his replacement on a full-time basis. It is understood that they are also considering offering Jamie Redknapp a coaching position. The club are conscious of the need to regain some goodwill from fans angered by Mourinho’s departure and believe that Redknapp, the former England midfield player, would bring some glamour and Premier League experience. But it may take more than that to appease those who gathered outside Stamford Bridge last night to register their protest at the departure of the “Special One”.

Chelsea’s main problem will be rebuilding the confidence of players who are shocked and saddened by the treatment of Mourinho and Grant has much work to do to win over a sceptical dressing-room. Although enjoying a close relationship with Roman Abramovich, the owner, the Israeli has not developed a rapport with the players since arriving as director of football in the summer and many are disillusioned by his appointment.

As the 52-year-old has not held a club job for five years and never managed a team outside Israel, such doubts over his suitability are understandable. However, having been on £1 million a year, he will enjoy a healthy salary increase in his new role, though he will have to go into his first match, against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday, without Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard, who were ruled out yesterday.

Grant is bound to suffer in comparison with the youthful and energetic Mourinho, who was given an emotional send-off after his final visit to the training ground early yesterday. Lampard and Drogba were moved to tears when it came to saying goodbye.

Not all of Chelsea’s squad will be sad to see him go, however, with Andriy Shevchenko understood to be positively delighted and Joe Cole experiencing an element of relief. Interestingly, John Terry was not as upset as many had expected. The England captain had clashed with Mourinho over his fitness before the manager’s final game in charge, against Rosenborg on Tuesday.

Chelsea did their best to portray Mourinho’s departure as having been mutually agreed, but their statement could not disguise the acrimonious nature of the split. “What is clear is we had all reached a point where the relationship between the club and José had broken down,” a statement read. “This was despite genuine attempts over several months by all parties to resolve certain differences.” The breakdown had “started to impact on performances”, Chelsea added.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:00 pm

The Sun are turning Drogba's crying into a sure sign he's offski. Not sure whether to believe that or not.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:02 pm

I read that as well, but as I said above, it probably wouldn't happen until the summer, by which time he may well have changed his mind. Also, its not as though Chelsea would struggle to replace him. Can see them moving for someone like Villa or Berbatov if he leaves
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 pm

Not sure about either being better for Chelsea for Drogba, even if they are comparable players in terms of quality.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:09 pm

To be honest they should cash in on Drogba.

Hes old, had only one good season and that was last year. Apart from last year, he was just a good player, he scores 33 goals in one season at the age of 47 and now hes world class.

I for one can't see him scoring more than 20 goals in total this season ok

Still dont like the guy, i rate him but not as the essential jigsaw piece in Chelseas front line, Berbatov for example could do the job equally well in my opinion (if he pulled his finger out and worked a bit harder)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:12 pm

Parks lives wrote:Not sure about either being better for Chelsea for Drogba, even if they are comparable players in terms of quality.

Under the style Mourinho played, no. But the style of play is likely to change under the new manager.

Who konws, they may even bring in someone else to replace Grant; someone with a more attack orientated philosophy, say Lippi.

Imagine if Chelsea had this squad:

------------------Cech--------------

RB*----Carvalho---Terry-----Cole

SWP------Essien----Ballack*---Cole

-------------Kalou--Villa------------

The right back would be someone like Alves, Maicon or Miguel. I'd imagine Roman would want to spend big there and get that sorted and he seems a fan particularly of Alves.

I put a star by Ballack as they may want a more dedicated creative player; someone like Diego or Lucho

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 pm