Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Jaime
The Easter Bunny
christmasborocooper
Kroos
The-Frank-Tavern
DS
Tweesus
Yef
Glenarch of the Glen
Isco Benny
Cesc Soler
Calidad
Juligen
L.r.d
shazlx
Machiavel
Parks lives
Ä
22 posters

which TALENT will have had the greatest impact

Poll

who is it to be

[ 5 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left6%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left2%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 4 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left5%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 13 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left15%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 4 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left5%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 9 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left11%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 4 ]
    [ 4 ]
    [ 11 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left13%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 6 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left7%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 8 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left9%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left6%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 7 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left8%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_left3%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Bar_right [3%] 

Total Votes: 85
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Empty Re: which TALENT will have had the greatest impact

Post by Yef Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Markus wrote:
    Clergymen Superstains wrote:How can Huntelaar be in that list...24 he is! Or 25 even. Then you arent a talent anymore. Especially since it seems the peak of a player went down from 29 to 26/27

Robinho is also 24. C Ronaldo I think is 23 so is Tevez.

Well same goes for them! A talent is 17-19.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 2 Empty Re: which TALENT will have had the greatest impact

Post by Machiavel Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Clergymen Superstains wrote:
    Markus wrote:
    Clergymen Superstains wrote:How can Huntelaar be in that list...24 he is! Or 25 even. Then you arent a talent anymore. Especially since it seems the peak of a player went down from 29 to 26/27

Robinho is also 24. C Ronaldo I think is 23 so is Tevez.

Well same goes for them! A talent is 17-19.

ok

Maybe he meant a current ‘star’ or potential ‘star’ which one at the end of their career would have made the biggest impact.

The 3 players and the 1 you’ve mentioned we can say have not even reached their peak of greatness.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:06 pm

No van Persie?

A year ago he'd have the most votes.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:17 pm

shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    shazlx wrote: I would just like to tell you that you have missed out the current best player in the World. Very sloppy.

Hleb? Flamini? Emre? Sears?
    Hleb is only the 2nd best. The Kun rules this season.

Yeh Shaz. I think we can all agree that Kun's season has pissed all over Ronaldo's Rolling Eyes
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DS Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Juligen wrote:Who the hell is Kun? scratch
    Thats a very good question actually.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:43 pm

think a certain Kun Aguero should have been included in this list probably the best u20 in the world at the moment
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Better than Messi Ale
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm

at the mo yeah, messi is pure class but it seems he's made of glass too
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Tweedle wrote:Better than Messi Ale

Well Messi isn't U20 so...

There's not a better player than Kun who is under 20, and he's better than many above that age group too. I was speaking to an Argie mate yesterday, he said a lot of people back home want him in over Tevez now. <Ale>
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:59 pm

dammit i hate this argentina hype, only because he is argie he is the best

like tevez and mascherano, both were named from most guys here to be world class, only because they played so well in the $h!t south american leagues
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:01 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:dammit i hate this argentina hype, only because he is argie he is the best

like tevez and mascherano, both were named from most guys here to be world class, only because they played so well in the $h!t south american leagues
    scratch Have you actually seen Aguero play this season Deisler? He has been absolutely superb for Atletico.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Nearly as impressive as Wheater I hear.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:03 pm

borocooper wrote:Nearly as impressive as Wheater I hear.
    Or Darren Bent used to be for Charlton or Yakubu for Boro.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:dammit i hate this argentina hype, only because he is argie he is the best

It started long before that Saviola , Aimars and even longer then that.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:05 pm

If Wheater was Argentinian he'd already be regarded as a bigger talent than Franco Baresi. If he played in La Liga too he'd be worshipped as the devine lord Ale
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Yea they only play in $h!t leagues, $h!t leagues that regularly produce the top players in the world. It's unfortunate for you, that you have one regularly starting for your side...say's a lot for Bayern Munich's side I guess?

Mascherano is WC. He's certainly better than Hargreaves, or Van Bommel, and pretty much every other DM in the world. Tevez probably isn't WC, but nevertheless he's a very talented SS.

As for Aguero, he's almost single-handedly dragged Atleti to success this season, he was the reason Argentina won the U20 WC (Germany conspicuous by their absence); winning golden boot and golden ball, and he's now a regular for the 2nd ranked team in the world.

Your WUM'age (much like LRD) is incredibly grating.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Dark Savante wrote:

It started long before that Saviola , Aimars and even longer then that.

Tweedle wrote:

If Wheater was Argentinian he'd already be regarded as a bigger talent than Franco Baresi.

cheers

Everybody is awake to this obscene Argie hype.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Woah! Tevez won South American Player of the Year three seasons running!

Sure he hasn't been that impressive this season but he's had to adapt. Not many players can immediately adjust to a new style of play. Judge him after next season me thinks.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Tweedle wrote:Woah! Tevez won South American Player of the Year three seasons running!

Sure he hasn't been that impressive this season but he's had to adapt. Not many players can immediately adjust to a new style of play. Judge him after next season me thinks.

Tevez is talented. But he hasn't performed to a WC level in England or for his national side. Matias Fernandez also won SAPOTY (probably the first outwith Brasil/Argentina for a while), he too has struggled. Can't really call him world class, though he's obviously supremely talented.

Aguero has proven himself at youth level, in the UEFA Cup (5 goals in 4 games) and in the Primera scoring against (Sevilla, Barca, Madrid, Villarreal, Valencia, i.e turning up against the big sides); is establishing himself as a regular for one of the best national sides in the world; yet he isn't considered one of the world's top youth talents, but Walcott, Nani, Anderson, etc are? Laughable really.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Woah! Tevez won South American Player of the Year three seasons running!

Tevez is talented. But he hasn't performed to a WC level in England or for his national side. Matias Fernandez also won SAPOTY (probably the first outwith Brasil/Argentina for a while), he too has struggled. Can't really call him world class, though he's obviously supremely talented.

Aguero has proven himself at youth level, in the UEFA Cup (5 goals in 4 games) and in the Primera scoring against (Sevilla, Barca, Madrid, Villarreal, Valencia, i.e turning up against the big sides); is establishing himself as a regular for one of the best national sides in the world; yet he isn't considered one of the world's top youth talents, but Walcott, Nani, Anderson, etc are? Laughable really.

This is an otto thread though..he left out Wheater ffs.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:18 pm

borocooper wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

Johnson>Wheater>Podolski
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:19 pm

Calidad wrote:
    borocooper wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

Johnson>Wheater>Podolski

cheers
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:20 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:

scratch Have you actually seen Aguero play this season Deisler? He has been absolutely superb for Atletico.

Deisler is far too busy gazing longingly at the lifesize Podolski poster over his bed to do much watching Biggrin
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Its more of a pop up book than a poster twerp.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Tweedle wrote:Its more of a pop up book than a poster twerp.

You've been round his house? Why doesnt that suprise me Beth
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:38 pm

Calidad wrote:
    borocooper wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

Johnson>Wheater>Podolski

Michael Johnson or Adam "Jinky" Johnson?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Obviously Jinky. After his MOTM performance for the U21s the other night.
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 pm

Argentines are over hyped just like the Brazilians; the only difference is that we are much more successful in International competitions so the hype is kind of forgiven.

About the Argies, I think Mascherano can be WC, I always liked his football, I think he has a great vision and the pass is not bad, if he was a little bit taller and stronger he could be even more effective.

Tevez is not that great technically speaking, I think Rooney is better than him, but he has grit and fight spirit, but that not always is enough, I know that he wanted to rape Brasil in that Copa America final, I know that he hates us with passion, yet he was completely shoot down and disappeared during the game, the grit can only take you so far.

And Arguero is definitely a talent who will only get better, but best in the world right now? Spare me, Atletico is 4º for God sakes, in a very bad year for Spanish competion, they are 12 points behind that Real Madrid. Doh

Last edited by Juligen on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 pm

Calidad wrote:

5 goals in 4 games in the uefa cup, bloody hell you're starting to sound like pierre and chevanton. Will have to check those stats as you probably exaggerated those as well.

He scored against a few big sides so what? he only has 11 or 12 in the league right?

Nani's scored about 5 goals and 12 assists this season and against pool and arsenal and tottenham and he's not even a regular and he's a midfielder.

You have a tendency to completly make things up to suit what you're saying. So i doubt an 'argentine mate' actually gave you info. And more you saw Aguero score as Tevez wasnt with the squad decided in your head that this is the probable reaction.

You must be trying to wind me up with the nani and anderson stuff as you surely cant compare him to them superior talents. Maybe he's near Tevez somewhere but not quite rated as high for Agentinia yet.

5 goals (2 in a 9-0 agg win over some side in the first round) in 6 games. 1 of which they lost against Bolton and he got sent off
    Biggrin
    Can we stick to facts next time please Callidad

Last edited by L r d on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:52 pm

According to BBC sport

Code:

Apps

As sub

Goals

Yellow

Red
    Total (Club)    35    (12)    4    4    0
    League    23    (9)    3    2    0
    FA Cup    2    (0)    1    0    0
    League Cup    1    (0)    0    0    0
    European/Others    9    (3)    0    2    0

4 goals this year...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:13 pm