Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Jaime
The Easter Bunny
christmasborocooper
Kroos
The-Frank-Tavern
DS
Tweesus
Yef
Glenarch of the Glen
Isco Benny
Cesc Soler
Calidad
Juligen
L.r.d
shazlx
Machiavel
Parks lives
Ä
22 posters

which TALENT will have had the greatest impact

Poll

who is it to be

[ 5 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left6%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left2%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 4 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left5%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 13 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left15%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 4 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left5%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 9 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left11%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 4 ]
    [ 4 ]
    [ 11 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left13%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 6 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left7%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 8 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left9%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left6%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 7 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left8%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_left3%which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Bar_right [3%] 

Total Votes: 85
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Empty Re: which TALENT will have had the greatest impact

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:59 pm

L r d wrote:
    Calidad wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Woah! Tevez won South American Player of the Year three seasons running!

Sure he hasn't been that impressive this season but he's had to adapt. Not many players can immediately adjust to a new style of play. Judge him after next season me thinks.

Tevez is talented. But he hasn't performed to a WC level in England or for his national side. Matias Fernandez also won SAPOTY (probably the first outwith Brasil/Argentina for a while), he too has struggled. Can't really call him world class, though he's obviously supremely talented.

Aguero has proven himself at youth level, in the UEFA Cup (5 goals in 4 games) and in the Primera scoring against (Sevilla, Barca, Madrid, Villarreal, Valencia, i.e turning up against the big sides); is establishing himself as a regular for one of the best national sides in the world; yet he isn't considered one of the world's top youth talents, but Walcott, Nani, Anderson, etc are? Laughable really.

5 goals in 4 games in the uefa cup, bloody hell you're starting to sound like pierre and chevanton. Will have to check those stats as you probably exaggerated those as well.

He scored against a few big sides so what? he only has 11 or 12 in the league right?

Nani's scored about 9 goals this season and against pool and arsenal and tottenham and he's not even a regular and he's a midfielder.

You have a tendency to completly make things up to suit what you're saying. So i doubt an 'argentine mate' actually gave you info. And more you saw Aguero score as Tevez wasnt with the squad decided in your head that this is the probable reaction.

You must be trying to wind me up with the nani and anderson stuff as you surely cant compare him to them superior talents. Maybe he's near Tevez somewhere but not quite rated as high for Agentinia yet.

You're an utter moron. I make things up? Where do you get this from? One of my childhood friends is half Argentinian and half English, he happens to live in Argentina (God that's such an unbelievable story) Having friends living in another country? Unthinkable!!!

Aguero has scored 13 in the league about 21 in total. He's also got a lot of assists. Tevez wasn't in the squad, where did I say that he was?

I can't compare Aguero to Nani or Anderson because they are superior talents? You're full of drivel. And why would I want to wind your up? I think you're a bit of a twat, but I have no interest in winding you up.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

which TALENT will have had the greatest impact - Page 3 Empty Re: which TALENT will have had the greatest impact

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Kun>>Nani
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:03 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:Kun>>Nani

Bent>>>Kun
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Aguero has formed a partnership with Forlan, they are amongst the highest goal scoring pairing in europe this season, he must have a good few direct assists, and has been heavily involved in numerous others, soz but he has far more potential than nani. one is playing in a v successful side the other is playing in a stuttering side yet still has a vvv good strike record and whilst not single handedly dragged us to 4th he is certainly a huge reason why we are still there. he has coped with the fan pressure which is huge something many non spaniards wouldn't understand and something torres never managed to do.

he got sent off against bolton yeah a bit petulant but still maturing though, no worse than rooney at times even now but aguero is younger
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Torres struggled so badly with the pressure that he ended out leaving the club for £25m. Choker Ale

Lets be fair here. Rooney hasn't ever spat on someone. He's usually sent off for arguing with the ref.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:16 pm

My personal opinion is that Tevez is the better overall footballer but Aguero is a better pure goalscorer.

That was easy.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:18 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:Aguero has formed a partnership with Forlan, they are amongst the highest goal scoring pairing in europe this season, he must have a good few direct assists, and has been heavily involved in numerous others, soz but he has far more potential than nani. one is playing in a v successful side the other is playing in a stuttering side yet still has a vvv good strike record and whilst not single handedly dragged us to 4th he is certainly a huge reason why we are still there. he has coped with the fan pressure which is huge something many non spaniards wouldn't understand and something torres never managed to do.

he got sent off against bolton yeah a bit petulant but still maturing though, no worse than rooney at times even now but aguero is younger

So..Aguero. Plays in a bit of a $h!t team..but does well. I watched the Bolton game and he got sent off and was therefore shite...

So if I were to use your "Wheater is $h!t because he wasnt good against Cardiff..and what does a few MOTM awards mean when he's playing for someone like Boro" logic...I can conclude that Aguero isnt actually that good Very Happy
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Guti should be in this poll as well. Still a talent ok
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 pm

coops soz but i've seen nothing from wheater yet to suggest he is ready to play for england.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:24 pm

What are you hoping for Frank? Full frontal or just a bit of thigh?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:24 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:coops soz but i've seen nothing from wheater yet to suggest he is ready to play for england.

I wasnt suggesting he should play for England..but your conclusion that he was $h!t because of a poor game against Cardiff where the whole team was $h!t was not exactly fair on him was it?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Jaime wrote:My personal opinion is that Tevez is the better overall footballer but Aguero is a better pure goalscorer.

That was easy.

Odd. Aguero's biggest weakness is his goalscoring. Too often he misses the easy chance, but scores the hard one, though he is imiproving in this regard. Would never describe him as a pure goal scorer thouugh. Personally think he has the better ability too, haven't seen Tevez pull of some of the goals Kun has. Kun's weaker foot is also considerably better than Tevez's. To be honest, I can't think of anything Tevez is better than Kun at...Kun even scores a few headers.

People seem to make a lot of the Bolton game, though I'm not sure why. He came on as a sub, got sent of like 10 minutes later for petulance (and rightly so). He does have problems with his temprament, but again it's an area he is improving in.

Anyway enough of this. I don't want to go on. I'll keep quiet from now on. ok
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Calidad wrote:I can't think of anything Tevez is better than Kun at...Kun even scores a few headers.

Gurning.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:29 pm

He's big he's brown he smells like my old nan
    David wheateeeerr David Wheateeeeerrrr
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:32 pm

@Calidad - I think his finishing could be better, but I was speaking of him relative to Tevez.

Anyhow, I agree with you though that he seems to be underrated compared to other young talents and it's only because he plays for Atletico who is viewed by most (and rightly so Wink ) as inferior. If Atleti makes CL for next season and more people get to see him against what they consider "better" competition maybe the perception will change.

Last edited by Jaime on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:33 pm

De Guzman
    Bruins
    Sahin
    Mols

Ale
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    shazlx wrote: I would just like to tell you that you have missed out the current best player in the World. Very sloppy.

Hleb? Flamini? Emre? Sears?
    Hleb is only the 2nd best. The Kun rules this season.

Yeh Shaz. I think we can all agree that Kun's season has pissed all over Ronaldo's Rolling Eyes
    Of course. And not just him. Rooney, Evra and Rio just from his own club. CRonaldo is completely underwhelming this season season. scoring is not performing or Lampard was the best midfielder in Euro04.

BTW I'm also anti- Argentine. I don't rate Tevez so high and certainly not better than Rooney. Mascherano is just a DM and nothing more. Maxi is hopelessly inconsistent, Cambiasso is just a runner like Gattuso with better technique. Lucho is great though ok.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:43 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    shazlx wrote: I would just like to tell you that you have missed out the current best player in the World. Very sloppy.

Yeh Shaz. I think we can all agree that Kun's season has pissed all over Ronaldo's Rolling Eyes
    Of course. And not just him. Rooney, Evra and Rio just from his own club. CRonaldo is completely underwhelming this season season. scoring is not performing or Lampard was the best midfielder in Euro04.

Are you sure? How many games has either one of these two won compared to C Ronaldo ??
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:46 pm

Markus wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Are you sure? How many games has either one of these two won compared to C Ronaldo ??
    I don't know what you mean by won considering they are both at the top of the table. But certainly Evra has been more creative carrying the hopeless Giggs and the growing Nani. Rooney for instance won the game vs Pool and the game vs Derby.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:55 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Markus wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:

I don't know what you mean by won considering they are both at the top of the table. But certainly Evra has been more creative carrying the hopeless Giggs and the growing Nani. Rooney for instance won the game vs Pool and the game vs Derby.

Because now Ronaldo is scoring goals we can’t call this performing, a couple of years ago he was criticised for having no ‘end product’. Goals win you games & Titles, Ronaldo is doing this. yes Evra & Rooney have been important this season but I would have their contributions below Ronaldo’s, the only blemish on Ronaldo this season is the drastic reduction of goals created by himself, but this is not to say he doesn’t create chances in the games.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Jaime wrote:My personal opinion is that Tevez is the better overall footballer but Aguero is a better pure goalscorer.

That was easy.

Odd. Aguero's biggest weakness is his goalscoring. Too often he misses the easy chance, but scores the hard one, though he is imiproving in this regard. Would never describe him as a pure goal scorer thouugh. Personally think he has the better ability too, haven't seen Tevez pull of some of the goals Kun has. Kun's weaker foot is also considerably better than Tevez's. To be honest, I can't think of anything Tevez is better than Kun at...Kun even scores a few headers.

People seem to make a lot of the Bolton game, though I'm not sure why. He came on as a sub, got sent of like 10 minutes later for petulance (and rightly so). He does have problems with his temprament, but again it's an area he is improving in.

ok
    Agree with everything you said.Tevez hasnt really progressed imo since he played in south america.he seems like a worse player now imo. Aguero is amazing already and i dont doubt that he will perform no matter the opposition.
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Real chase Gomez

http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_2205989.html
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Supermadrid wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

That was easy.

ok
    Agree with everything you said.Tevez hasnt really progressed imo since he played in south america.he seems like a worse player now imo. Aguero is amazing already and i dont doubt that he will perform no matter the opposition.

I agree fully... Agüero just oozes talent and is a constant threat, and I even think he has as much grit as Tevez (part of the reason why he alwats gets in trouble)..

He is the one player together with Benzema I would welcome in our attack..

And I loved he is comments about never signing for Real and being happy that Roma knocked them out cheers

Unfortunately I don't think he will ever play for another team in la liga.. If there was the slightest chance I would hope that we do everything to sign him.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:40 pm

yeah Sadly if atletico ever were to sell it would have to be outside the league.for me he is the most talented player right now and is above Benzema imo and i think only Pato can challenge him.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 pm

well...funny thing is, Aguero(BTW does anyone know how the hell can one write the diaeresis-two dots over a vowel-?) was always regarded as the better player, but when compared to Tevez, ppl usually recognized more Tevez because of his role(and media exposure) when playing for Boca during a very successful time for the club (best club in America in the past 10 years no doubt), while Aguero won squat with Independiente.

I've always regarded him as the better player. Even though I agree Tevez deserved(some) of the SAPOY awards and stuff cause he was definitely the star at a team that won it all.

Also Tevez was elected best player in the Brasileirao and that was just fantastic cheers

Brasilero brasileroooooo!!!!
    Que amargado se te veeeee!!!
    Maradona es el mas grande!!!!
    Es mas grande que Peleeee!!
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:well...funny thing is, Aguero(BTW does anyone know how the hell can one write the diaeresis-two dots over a vowel-?)
    Very Happy I know, Ü
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:25 am

shazlx wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:

BTW I'm also anti- Argentine. I don't rate Tevez so high and certainly not better than Rooney. Mascherano is just a DM and nothing more. Maxi is hopelessly inconsistent, Cambiasso is just a runner like Gattuso with better technique. Lucho is great though ok.

I wouldn't call it anti Argentine.
    But anti Argentine hype definitly. I said somewhere else on here before obviously exaggerating a bit that every Argentinian is overated and broadly most people agreed also.

Tevez is rightfully now rated by Fergie and manu fans behind anderson rooney cr and nani. He's not half as talented as these guys. He has his qualities he's a very good player at times but they are supreme talents. If Tevez was in la liga im sure we would be hearing all sorts from the likes of Callidad.
    La liga is in it's worst year for 10 years btw.

On Aguero actually looks a good player but has achieved what in comparison to anybody? nothing. And the hypocrisy by the people who rate him is laughable.

@supermadrid in 2 years when everybody knows this guy inside out, he's seen as the biggest threat we'll see how he does in big games. Without mentioning Atletico are not expected to beat barca or madrid and a young player playing badly is just one of those things. Freedom he has now.

Scoring 3 goals in the uefa cup group stages and then getting whooped against Bolton doesn't match with regular cl performances or winning leagues.

Naive beyond words says i.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Post by The Easter Bunny Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:41 am

Ü On Vista ( American Keyboard ) I press the " button but before pressing space, press the letter.

ä ë ö ï ü

I think it only works for vowels.

"b"g"h"c for example don't work.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:53 am

The Easter Bunny wrote:Ü On Vista ( American Keyboard ) I press the " button but before pressing space, press the letter.

ä ë ö ï ü

I think it only works for vowels.

"b"g"h"c for example don't work.

on spanish keyboards by doing that you get these. á é í ó ú...anyway just found out how...now i can correctly spell Agüero

thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:13 pm