Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Protheus
Tweesus
Chocolate Thunder
christmasborocooper
Di Caniooooo!
DS
TITO
DeLux
Cesc Soler
EM Seleção e Selecção
Rosicky
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Tarun
COTR
Fade out
Dejan Savićević
Hem fet un mal partit
Bashmachkin
Deano
BoBo Vieri 32
TM
bluenine
stinger
fcb
Murray
Calidad
31 posters

Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals

Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals - Page 6 Empty Re: Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals

Post by Protheus Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:34 pm

TM wrote:@ Protheus

It's Real Madrids fault tbh, paying 30m€ for Pepe, and getting your 'standards' too high Wink

Well as far as i can remember in the last years Chelsea is still the best buyer

With a little luck now we have a new player in the market with city cheers
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals - Page 6 Empty Re: Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals

Post by bluenine Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Ade wrote:And Luso, Porthesus and EMP(Portugese one), went on and on after I said Quaresma will cost around £20M.

Them saying he'll be at least £30M.. Doh

Inter are going to end up paying £25M after the bonuses for Quaresma... and that only after 3 months of negotiation for a player who desperately wanted the move, which must have forced Porto's hand in the end. I think the portuguese were justified in saying that he will go for £30M...
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 pm

Do you think Quaresma is a bargain Bluey, given what Paoilla (sp) said in Monaco?
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:45 am

David Di Michele..Torino to West Ham United-Loan cheers.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:43 am

Valon Deano Behrami wrote:David Di Michele..Torino to West Ham United-Loan cheers.
    Good move for both, Di Michele will add some silky stuff to the Hammer attack. Lets hope that the pace/physicality of the EPL is not too much for him.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:45 am

EMP wrote:Do you think Quaresma is a bargain Bluey, given what Paoilla (sp) said in Monaco?

No, I don't think he is a bargain at all. We paid quite a bit for him, inspite of having Porto with their backs to the wall.

I think Dinho was a bargain.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Genoa did some good business on the final day, landing Domingo, Milito, Brivio and Jankovic. These added to their summer purchases of Gasbarroni, Palladino, Vanden Borre, Mesto, Ferrari, Potenza, Biava, and the best of them all, Olivera, they now have a very competent squad.

The only problem is how to make 15 newcomers gel!!! Also a lot of these players lack experience. But if they continue on this project for 2-3 years, Genoa will be a force to be reckoned with...
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:02 am

Why were Porto against the wall. Did they have to sell?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 am

When a player really wants to leave, the club are a bit against the wall. We had over 2 months of negotiation, I thought at first Inter did well to play good cop-bad cop... but by taking this negotiation to the last day, even Inter got themselves against the wall. That was a bit silly.

But then, Inter were never great negotiators.

EMP wrote:Why were Porto against the wall. Did they have to sell?
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 am

Who does the negotiating for Inter? Paoillo said they were not looking for further transfers unless really good offer. Either he thinks this is, or it was a bluff, which seems pointless given the long-standing and public interest in Quaresma. Seems odd that both you and Porto feel screwed. Interesting negotiations when both sides are unhappy.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:16 pm

EMP wrote:Who does the negotiating for Inter?
    Marco Branca, who despite some good success never looked that bright.
    EMP wrote:Seems odd that both you and Porto feel screwed. Interesting negotiations when both sides are unhappy.
    well Quaresma and Mourinho are happy
    Gigliati
    Gigliati

Number of posts : 151
    Supports : Fiorentina
    Favourite Player : Batistuta
    Registration date : 2007-03-09

Post by Gigliati Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey G, wassup? I would have thought you must be jumping with joy after landing Quaresma, no? If I remember correctly, you were furiously campaigning for Inter to bid for him 4-5 years ago? How times have changed Wink

bluenine wrote:When a player really wants to leave, the club are a bit against the wall. We had over 2 months of negotiation, I thought at first Inter did well to play good cop-bad cop... but by taking this negotiation to the last day, even Inter got themselves against the wall. That was a bit silly.

bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:52 pm

haha! Trust you to remember!!! That was a long long time ago, before the Barca debacle.... anyways, I am happy that Mourinho got his man... lets hope Quaresma works out for us.

Gigliati wrote:Hey G, wassup? I would have thought you must be jumping with joy after landing Quaresma, no? If I remember correctly, you were furiously campaigning for Inter to bid for him 4-5 years ago? How times have changed Wink

bluenine wrote:When a player really wants to leave, the club are a bit against the wall. We had over 2 months of negotiation, I thought at first Inter did well to play good cop-bad cop... but by taking this negotiation to the last day, even Inter got themselves against the wall. That was a bit silly.

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:42 am

Why is everyone questioning us letting go of Esposito? Shocked People on my Roma board are rejoicing! He was given every single chance to win himself a spot and he’s just clearly not up to par. Game after game, he was churning out $h!t when the ball came to him.

I wish him well, he was the consummate professional during his time here and for someone who turned down a dream move back home, that can’t be praised enough. Hopefully he can regain his confidence on loan and comeback a useful player, because before his serious injury he'd be a Roma starter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:27 pm