Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Batman
Sgoater1
L r dd
Deano
Pierre Littbarski
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
Aristoskank
Axeslammer
christmasborocooper
Tweesus
Glenarch of the Glen
110%
Di Caniooooo!
Six
fcb
Parks lives
21 posters

Premier League most red Cards

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League most red Cards - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League most red Cards

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:04 pm

When did he get bullied by Berbatov? Berbatov never even scored past us.

That's my problem with you and Pierre's opinion on Vidic, you seem to be making stuff up. Like Rio was the won who got the better of Vidic two seasons ago when it was all Vidic.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:10 pm

I don't think Vidic goes out of his way to act hard. Man United fans seem to have put that upon him, because they have some need to have "hard" players. If you are wondering who won Vidic vs Drogba, Vidic clearly did, he went home with the medal. Nothing else matters.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Parks lives wrote:When did he get bullied by Berbatov? Berbatov never even scored past us.

That's my problem with you and Pierre's opinion on Vidic, you seem to be making stuff up. Like Rio was the won who got the better of Vidic two seasons ago when it was all Vidic.

In the game at OT last season - where Vidic Cheated again, by attempting a cynical bodycheck, but didn't get all of it, Berba still got off a weak shot than he would've otherwise hit full pelt, and Rio saved his blushes by clearing it off the line Grr

Berbatov scored against you at White Hart Lane too Razz
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Parks lives wrote:When did he get bullied by Berbatov? Berbatov never even scored past us.

You mean Drogba and it was Rio who dominated him in the air in that game rather than Vidic.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Six wrote:I don't think Vidic goes out of his way to act hard. Man United fans seem to have put that upon him, because they have some need to have "hard" players. If you are wondering who won Vidic vs Drogba, Vidic clearly did, he went home with the medal. Nothing else matters.

Yeah like Rai calling him Ivan Drago lol!
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 pm

TM wrote:
    Six wrote:I don't think Vidic goes out of his way to act hard. Man United fans seem to have put that upon him, because they have some need to have "hard" players. If you are wondering who won Vidic vs Drogba, Vidic clearly did, he went home with the medal. Nothing else matters.

Well there's some similarities. both get away with a lot of cheating
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:

You mean Drogba and it was Rio who dominated him in the air in that game rather than Vidic.

Rio's never dominated Drogba in the air. Probably need a comment from S4P to settle this but it was Vidic who contested most of the arieal stuff with Drogba.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Six wrote:
    TM wrote:

Still better than John 'Iron Man' Terry.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Vierzehn wrote:
    Six wrote:
    TM wrote:

Marginally.

Vidic is sort of a c**t, whilst Terry is a complete c**t Razz
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm

http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/english-football-f3/united-v-chelsea-nov-26th-t4360-280.htm

cheers

"Rio had some dodgy moments but Vidic is the best defender in the league on current form".
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Team Spirit's own ratings for the game.

Man Utd

VDS - 7
    G.Neville - 7
    Rio - 7.5
    Vidic - 8 (What a UNIT !)
    Heinze - 7
    Ronaldo - 7.5
    Carrick - 7
    Scholes - 7
    Giggs - 6
    Rooney - 6
    Saha - 7

Subs: O'Shea - 6, Fletcher - 6.
    ---------------------
    Chelsea

Cudicini - 7
    Geremi - 6
    Terry - 6.5
    Carvalho - 7
    A. Cole - 6
    Makalele - 7
    Essien - 6
    Ballack - 5
    Lampard - 5.5
    Drogba - 6
    Shevchenko - 5

Subs: J.Cole - 6, Ferreira - 6, Robben - 6.

LOLZA.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Vierzehn wrote:
    Six wrote:
    TM wrote:

Terry's form has been all over the place this season. But the John Terry under Jose Mourinho shits all over Vidic.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Vidic is a poor man's John Terry

Vidic seems to be having a great seaosn being a "hardman" and getting away with countless fouls but let's not forget that terry has proven that he can be a hardman and get away with fouling for several seasons.

Maybe terry is lucky that drogba plays on the same team, but I cannot think of any player that terry has had problem with in the air.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:51 pm

You're more than entitled to your warped opinions.

I'm more than happy with Vidic and his performances for us. ok
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:57 pm

110% wrote:Vidic is a poor man's John Terry

Vidic seems to be having a great seaosn being a "hardman" and getting away with countless fouls but let's not forget that terry has proven that he can be a hardman and get away with fouling for several seasons.

Maybe terry is lucky that drogba plays on the same team, but I cannot think of any player that terry has had problem with in the air.

Berbatov & Adebayor.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 pm

This is the shittest topic for debate since Lampard vs Gerrard.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Parks lives wrote:Team Spirit's own ratings for the game.

Man Utd

VDS - 7
    G.Neville - 7
    Rio - 7.5
    Vidic - 8 (What a UNIT !)
    Heinze - 7
    Ronaldo - 7.5
    Carrick - 7
    Scholes - 7
    Giggs - 6
    Rooney - 6
    Saha - 7

Subs: O'Shea - 6, Fletcher - 6.
    ---------------------
    Chelsea

Cudicini - 7
    Geremi - 6
    Terry - 6.5
    Carvalho - 7
    A. Cole - 6
    Makalele - 7
    Essien - 6
    Ballack - 5
    Lampard - 5.5
    Drogba - 6
    Shevchenko - 5

Subs: J.Cole - 6, Ferreira - 6, Robben - 6.

LOLZA.

Which game was that - the 1-1 in 2006-07?

I haven't commented on that game cos I actually don't remember it that well. I've already said I think he's very good, possibly a top 5 CB, but more likely safely inside the top dozen.

I'd always wondered how Vidic would've coped in the 2003-05 Man Utd teams Whistle

Last edited by The HuddFather™ on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 pm

110% wrote:I cannot think of any player that terry has had problem with in the air.

Darius Henderson.

James Scowcroft lol!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    110% wrote:I cannot think of any player that terry has had problem with in the air.

Darius Henderson.

James Scowcroft lol!

Robert Pires lol!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Darius Henderson.

How 110% didnt see that coming i'll never know.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:07 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Darius Henderson.

James Scowcroft lol!

Robert Pires lol!
    Carlton Cole, owned the whole Chelsea defence.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:07 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:

Berbatov & Adebayor.

you'd have to give me more than random names, and the occasional flick-on by berbs doesn't count as I am sure that Michael Owen has got the odd flick-on against these type of players, but I wouldn't consider him to be a real problem for them except with movement and previously speed. I've always thought adebayor is quite poor in the air considering his size.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 pm

110% wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:

Berbatov & Adebayor.

you'd have to give me more than random names, and the occasional flick-on by berbs doesn't count as I am sure that Michael Owen has got the odd flick-on against these type of players, but I wouldn't consider him to be a real problem for them except with movement and previously speed. I've always thought adebayor is quite poor in the air considering his size.
    Did you see the FA cup match, Tottenham played against Chelsea, where they scored 3 goals.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 pm

DS wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Darius Henderson.

James Scowcroft lol!

Robert Pires lol!
    Carlton Cole, owned the whole Chelsea defence.

these aren't exactly specific examples of someone being dominant in the air against terry

i have no idea who henderson is except for being in the top 5 players in the world for pierre (who basically is mental when it comes to this stuff), and I guess players like pires once scored a header against chelsea?
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 pm

DS wrote:
    110% wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:

Berbatov & Adebayor.

Did you see the FA cup match, Tottenham played against Chelsea, where they scored 3 goals.

was it 3 headers against john terry?
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:12 pm

So only scoring counts ?
    So you didnt watch the WH game against Chelsea.
    Continue.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:33 pm

DS wrote:So only scoring counts ?
    Continue.

i think you'll find that you brought it up with scored 3 gaols, so I asked you if they were headers against terry?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 pm

110% wrote:
    Continue.

i think you'll find that you brought it up with scored 3 gaols, so I asked you if they were headers against terry?

he beat Terry in the air to score last season in the league.

Adebayor also beat Terry in the Air for RVP's 2nd goal when Arsenal beat them as well.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:51 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    110% wrote:
    Continue.

he beat Terry in the air to score last season in the league.

Adebayor also beat Terry in the Air for RVP's 2nd goal when Arsenal beat them as well.

how about some links to show this aerial dominance?

I'm still looking for totenham 3-0 Chelsea in the FA cup.

everyone can get the odd goal with his head by getting on the end of a cross, but when a ball is hit to a striker dominant in the air such as drogba he'll get it, hold it, head it to one of his teammates and so on. If 90% of the time the defender clears it then clearly he owns you in the air, even though you might react quicker once, steal in and get a goal at some point in the game. When we talk about Drogba it is because he wins all the headers, and we don't need to mention the one knockdown where rvp scores a goal.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:55 pm

I said they scored 3 goals to make you remember that game, by the way, Chelsea came back and probably scored 2 goals after Jol subs Berbatov.
    How many goals have Drogba scored against Man Utd by the way, specially a header, so does that mean.
    Carry on though, Terry never being dominated aerially, carry on, enjoy yourself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:22 am