Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Batman
Sgoater1
L r dd
Deano
Pierre Littbarski
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
Aristoskank
Axeslammer
christmasborocooper
Tweesus
Glenarch of the Glen
110%
Di Caniooooo!
Six
fcb
Parks lives
21 posters

Premier League most red Cards

Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League most red Cards - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier League most red Cards

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Premier League most red Cards - Page 4 Helder%20Postiga

Neutral
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:22 pm

DS wrote:I said they scored 3 goals to make you remember that game, by the way, Chelsea came back and probably scored 2 goals after Jol subs Berbatov.
    How many goals have Drogba scored against Man Utd by the way, specially a header, so does that mean.
    Carry on though, Terry never being dominated aerially, carry on, enjoy yourself.

I'm sorry but were you using as an example a game where spurs lost a game to chelsea to show how terry got dominated?

And are you now asking about goals scored by drogba against manu even though previously you were saying that it's not only scoring that counts.

I am sure that there are games where every defender has made mistakes, e.g. rio deals with pace without too many problems, but I am sure someone has beaten him occasionally for pace and scored a goal. In general I would say that rio does not get dominated for pace and terry does not get dominated aerially. Vidic as well is dominant in the air, but not quite as dominant as terry, therefore not quite as good.

All 3 are c**ts Wink
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Spurs didnt lose the game, it was 3-3, Tottenham were dominating the game until Jol decided to rest Berbatov.

You wanted headed goals did not you, so the best header dominator of the game according to you Drogba has none against us.
    True, every player has bad games, Vidic for me is aerially(and overall) a better player then Terry, he does not really get dominated by an opposition striker, which sometimes Terry do, like recently Carlton Cole did.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:33 pm

110% wrote:
    DS wrote:I said they scored 3 goals to make you remember that game, by the way, Chelsea came back and probably scored 2 goals after Jol subs Berbatov.
    How many goals have Drogba scored against Man Utd by the way, specially a header, so does that mean.
    Carry on though, Terry never being dominated aerially, carry on, enjoy yourself.

I'm sorry but were you using as an example a game where spurs lost a game to chelsea to show how terry got dominated?

Not sure if you realise this but it is possible for a team to win 4-3 and a defender for that team to play poorly. Not that it matters because that game was a draw anyway.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    110% wrote:

Not sure if you realise this but it is possible for a team to win 4-3 and a defender for that team to play poorly. Not that it matters because that game was a draw anyway.

I got it now, you've been using as an example a game where John terry didn't play as an example of a game when terry and cheslea were aerially dominated?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/6415115.stm

Brilliant

lol! lol! lol!
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:45 pm

I thought he did, my mistake.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Please check if he did play against WH, because it didnt looked liked he did.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:52 pm

110% wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    110% wrote:

I got it now, you've been using as an example a game where John terry didn't play as an example of a game when terry and cheslea were aerially dominated?

Brilliant

lol! lol! lol!

I haven't used anything, I was commentating on your remarks that a player in a game where his team won even though their team conceded 3 goals is then absolved of all blame.

I think the game TS originally brought up was the 4-4 game last season.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:09 pm

DS wrote:Please check if he did play against WH, because it didnt looked liked he did.

I am totally confused about what games you are talking about.

If this is the game I didn't watch it:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=242992&cc=5739&league=ENG.1

chelsea had 31 shots to west ham's 6 and 59% possession, so although it doesn't tell me whole lot it does tell me that chelsea dominated and west ham didn't produce a lot. So where is the carlton cole dominates john terry in the air bit?
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:16 pm

Reductio ad hypulum - the principle of discussion that states that the longer a debate continues, the more likely it is that it will turn into a contest about differing players that certain people find to be overhyped

See also: Reductio ad absurdum, reductio ad hitlerum
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    110% wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    110% wrote:

Brilliant

lol! lol! lol!

I haven't used anything, I was commentating on your remarks that a player in a game where his team won even though their team conceded 3 goals is then absolved of all blame.

I think the game TS originally brought up was the 4-4 game last season.

What remarks??????????????? lol!

DS was talking about the 3-3 for quite a few posts, and of course you jumped is as usual as it was about vidic/manu to give him your support, so you both pwned yourselves. DS for not realised that the big example he was using didn't have terry even playing, and you for being such a biased manu fan that you didn't even care what the point was you had to jump in say something about how bad terry is.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:19 pm

The remarks above you ffs. Laughing

It's not that hard. It's nothing against Terry, its against your poor reasoning as usual.

TERRY WIN GAME....TERRY MUST OF PLAYED WELL.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Terry must Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink played well?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Premier League most red Cards - Page 4 Helder%20Postiga

Neutral

lol!
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:19 pm

110% wrote:
    DS wrote:Please check if he did play against WH, because it didnt looked liked he did.

chelsea had 31 shots to west ham's 6 and 59% possession, so although it doesn't tell me whole lot it does tell me that chelsea dominated and west ham didn't produce a lot. So where is the carlton cole dominates john terry in the air bit?
    So John Terry helped in Chelsea possession or attack, would that not to do with the teams, anyway if you watched the game Terry won nothing that day, on the ground and in the air, West Ham could have win if CC could finish, Chelsea on the other hand didnt had any other clear cut opportunity then the one they scored on.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Parks lives wrote:The remarks above you ffs. Laughing

It's not that hard. It's nothing against Terry, its against your poor reasoning as usual.

TERRY WIN GAME....TERRY MUST OF PLAYED WELL.

lol!

ffs

my reasoning was spot on and not specific about terry, if you can actually read the post above the one where you reply were regarding the point that scoring a goal doesn't mean you were aerially dominant as a player can be dominated from the majority of the game and score a goal. So people saying a striker scored a header does not necessarily equate to him dominating the defender aerially, whoever that defender is. It was not terry specific. Then you stuck in a random point about a player not being absolved of blame having conceded 3 goals so that was specific about terry, and you epically failed as terry wasn't playing in the game we were talking about, so you try to change it to another game,

Problem is that you cannot understand simple points.

Your reasoning for every post seems to be:

SOMEONE SAID MANU PLAYER IS NOT THE BESTEST IN WORLD MUST DEFENDEN MANU AT ALL COSTS EVEN IF I LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE TOOL AND TALK A LOT OF SHIT.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Nice having a reasoned discussion with you. ok
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:31 pm

So cut it short, Vidic is a better player then Terry, I first thought he was limited too, but his performance this season has convinced me otherwise, he has been a revelation.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:34 pm

DS wrote:
    110% wrote:

So John Terry helped in Chelsea possession or attack, would that not to do with the teams, anyway if you watched the game Terry won nothing that day, on the ground and in the air, West Ham could have win if CC could finish, Chelsea on the other hand didnt had any other clear cut opportunity then the one they scored on.

so are you saying a player who is on the pitch doesn't help with posession? and are you saying a defender does not go up for free-kicks and corners and therefore attack?

I don't remember the game but find it hadr to believe that with 31 shots and 8 on target they didn't have a clear opportunity apaprt from the one they scored. Clearly the link I provided above does not indicate any kind of dominance by west ham on the basis of clear opportunities created.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:36 pm

They didnt as West Ham took the lead in the first half, the game was on Monday night and Chelsea's chance for going top, they looked flat.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Parks lives wrote:Nice having a reasoned discussion with you. ok

thanks for the usual great one-liners that make no sense.

i would suggest if you want a discussion you should first learn somehting about football, then form some valid ideas that you have a clue about, after you should learn enough english to be able to express those ideas, well you "should of" by now

and finally stop being such a drama queen Wink

you backed a wrong argument and got owned along with DS, it happens, get over it. Remember that time I made a mistake with Rio being on the pitch when Sweden scored, I admitted when I read the report and he was subbed on 52 mins that I was wrong.

It's about time that after 20 billion posts you admitted that you were wrong.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:49 pm

DS wrote:They didnt as West Ham took the lead in the first half, the game was on Monday night and Chelsea's chance for going top, they looked flat.

so you concede to the terry contributing to possession and attacking then? Wink

here's what the report I gave you said about the 2nd half, there is the bit about carlton cole at the end but there's about 6 chances for chelsea and none for west ham, and this was supposed to show me how terry was dominated, but where are the flick-ons by carlton cole?, or headers going narrowly wide and so on?:

Scolari, clearly frustrated with Chelsea's lack of a cutting edge, replaced Ballack with Didier Drogba at the interval.

Drogba hardly had time to get into the game before top scorer Anelka supplied the equaliser in the 50th minute.

For once Chelsea's neat approach play paid off with Mikel and Drogba combining before Lampard chipped the ball neatly into the path of Anelka, who coolly slotted the ball underneath the advancing Green for his 16th goal of the season.

Chelsea were now on top and when Matthew Upson failed to clear a cross, Lampard sent the rebound into Green's midriff from the edge of the penalty area.

West Ham, for the first time in the game, had little option but to defend ever deeper.

The visitors were happy to soak up the pressure on the edge of their own penalty area but that only invited Chelsea to try their luck from distance.

In the 64th minute Lampard let fly from 25 yards and his dipping shot had to be held at the second attempt by Green.

Three minutes later Green pulled off a magnificent save to deny Drogba after he had volleyed Lampard's corner towards the near post.

Salomon Kalou replaced the lacklustre Joe Cole in the 73rd minute and his first contribution was to fire a 20-yard shot straight at Green.

West Ham escaped in the 78th minute when Green punched a Lampard corner towards his own goal but it was headed off the line by Parker.

However, Green was the hero seconds later when he flung himself across goal to keep out a header from Alex.

Referee Riley then failed to award Chelsea a penalty when Lampard was tripped by Lucas Neill but it needed a superb save from Petr Cech at the other end to deny Carlton Cole an injury-time winner.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Why do you argue about stuff you didn't see? you continually argue against people who watched something when you didn't. Are you bored or you just like to be an annoying dick?
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:54 pm

I dont know where that come from, I dont actually remember any clear cut chance for Chelsea. I think Deano can help us, I remember my comment in the match thread, CC owned Chelsea defence there.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:57 pm

I already though have said what I believe, Vidic is a better player/defender then Terry and that in a more attacking side then Chelsea.
    And I have rarely seen him being dominated, I have seen Terry having horrific games.
    He's been our player of the season no doubt about it.
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:08 pm

On a similar note the current fair play league.

Uefa

The Fair Play assessments are made by the official UEFA delegates on criteria such as positive play, respect of the opponent, respect of the referee, behaviour of the crowd and of the team officials, as well as cautions and dismissals.

I blame Terry.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:09 pm

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine, that Terry is a better player than Vidic, although for sure Vidic has been better this year.

I am sure that there are has been a carragher vs terry discussion as well.

I thought that's the point of a football board to discuss stuff like this. Unless you are spanky or lrd, in which it becomes about whining and just having a go at the person making the points rather than adressing the points made.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 pm

And another thing, think about the top players: cronaldo, messi, gerrard, rio, terry, lampard, eto'o, ibra, kaka, dinho, totti, henry and on and on and aon. There is a number of people that hate each of these players.

No-one hates Vidic, we just don't think he is as good as Terry Wink.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:37 pm