Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+50
Hlebagone
Brian2468
Super Progress
BoBo Vieri 32
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Ricardo Jol
Pierre Littbarski
Football Genius
forza_rossi
Sheffield gunner
Murray
Jaime
Tom
TM
Fey
The Pröfessör
Khadrim
The Easter Bunny
Cesc Soler
Parks lives
Luis
Isco Benny
Batman
Bashmachkin
Dwarf
COTR
Riviera
L r dd
EMP
Kimbo
Fade out
EM Seleção e Selecção
Machiavel
Chocolate Thunder
robert
christmasborocooper
Di Caniooooo!
Sgoater1
Deluded F*ck™
DS
debaser
Romford Pele
Rosicky
Six
fcb
S4P
110%
Aristoskank
Tweesus
Glenarch of the Glen
54 posters

Football! Premier League 7th-8th February Discussion Thread

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Football! Premier League 7th-8th February Discussion Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Football! Premier League 7th-8th February Discussion Thread

Post by COTR Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm

The goals scored table is interesting

Who would have thought the throw in team wouldn't be bottom

That honour goes to Coop cyclops

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/glsfor.html
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Football! Premier League 7th-8th February Discussion Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Football! Premier League 7th-8th February Discussion Thread

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Poor Ebeue, you got to feel sorry for the poor fellow...

Ray Parlour wrote:Eboue apologises for red card at Tottenham

Emmanuel Eboue has apologised for his sending off at Tottenham on Sunday.

The Arsenal midfielder received a yellow card in the 17th minute for dissent and another nine minutes before the break for flicking out at Luka Modric.

It left the visitors with a mammoth task but Arsène Wenger’s side rolled up their sleeves and dug out a deserved draw on the ground of their fiercest rivals. Alex Song and Nicklas Bendtner even had chances to give them all three points.

However, the game had turned on that red card and afterwards, Eboue was understandably contrite.

“I am sorry,” he told Arsenal.com. “This game was very, very important for us. We must always win when we play against Tottenham and give our best for the fans.

“I am so disappointed to get the red card but I say thank you to my friends [team-mates] who gave everything. We drew and we are happy. It is a good point for us after playing so long with 11 v 10.”

Eboue admitted his error for the second caution but felt the first was harsh – along with the decision to chalk off his ‘goal’ in the 13th minute for a push on Jonathan Woodgate.

“The referee sent me off,” said the Ivorian. “For the first yellow card I did not say anything bad.

“I was in front of the ball and I was talking with Almunia [following a foul]. After that I said [to the referee] you have to whistle before and he said OK. I came back to take my place and then he called me and gave me a yellow card. I don’t really understand why.

“For the second one, I touched him. I put my leg up because [Modric] had touched me before in front of the referee and he did not say anything. He kicked me when I tried to go forward and I put my leg up. The second card is normal, I accept it.

“But for me the referee was not good today. It was a goal [in the first half]. I don’t know why he did not give it. The referee said I touched Woodgate but I did not.

“I know have to control myself [on the pitch] but I did not want to let Tottenham win.

"I just wanted to give my best.”

Someoneplease shoot him.

...not! Laughing
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Who is Ebeue Dick ?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 pm

COTR wrote:Who is Ebeue Dick ?

The negro chap that got sent off for Arse-nal Cotter, do ye actually follow football?
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:

The negro chap that got sent off for Arse-nal Cotter, do ye actually follow football?

Never heard of him mate

I'll look out for his name from now on
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:33 pm

COTR wrote:
    Dick Grayson wrote:

Never heard of him mate

I'll look out for his name from now on

switch on SSN Cotter....! Doh
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Football! Premier League 7th-8th February Discussion Thread - Page 24 43266_news
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Is that Ebeue Question
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:41 pm

COTR wrote:Is that Ebeue Question

Yes, the very same! Doh
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Sky say Tony Adams has been sacked.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if he has. Most owners in the same position would start to get rather nervy with the way Portsmouth have played in recent months. Unfortunately it does seem that Adams isn't cut out for management. He might do a decent job as a coach or assistant, but he's done a poor job when given the main role.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Watching Motd - Ferdinand gets away with another blatant tug outside of the box on Carlton Cole who is through on goal. Untouchable. Ale
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if he has. Most owners in the same position would start to get rather nervy with the way Portsmouth have played in recent months. Unfortunately it does seem that Adams isn't cut out for management. He might do a decent job as a coach or assistant, but he's done a poor job when given the main role.

He's always seemed too vulnerable to be a manager - he doesn't have a thick enough skin and is far too introspective, and, actually, honest. He's supposed to have his old job at Feyenoord lined up to go back to, which probably suits him more.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Six wrote:Watching Motd - Ferdinand gets away with another blatant tug outside of the box on Carlton Cole who is through on goal. Untouchable. Ale

Cole got away, good advantage play from the ref don't you think?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Ryan Giggs - has now scored in every Premier League season.

LEGEND Ale
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Vitesse Glennhem wrote:Savio cheers

GianDeano Zola wrote:
    chrissicross wrote:So how´s Nsereko doing so far? Did he already play for West Ham in the league?

Yeah, he played about 5 minues against Hull, and then about half hour against Arsenal. He's very quick and good close control...means we can break quick, which is what you need against a team like Arsenal.

We play with alot of pace, so he'll fit in well. Should get his chance tbh...

No, you don't.

Carlton Cole is pointless. Comparisons with Heskey are laughable, Heskey always had quality, he just lacked confidence. Some of the goals he scored for Leicester and in his first season at Liverpool just oozed quality. Carlton Cole is tall but he doesn't have half of Heskey's strength or pace. He is the dictionary definition of mediocre and I'll be surprised if he scores double figures this season.

Oh..so you would know how we play week in week out, by watching from your sofa, one performance against the best team in the league...

Maybe, one day, you'll get off that sofa and actually go to a game...
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Rolling Eyes

well I was trying to tempt fate but I stand by the statement that Heskey was and is the better player.

I don't see you playing with a lot of pace, energy perhaps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:19 pm