Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
blutgraetsche
Calidad
Ä
S4P
lampiao007
Rosicky
Allez les rouges
abundance
shazlx
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
The Easter Bunny
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
fcb
Chris 23*
Xavier
A & K
DeLux
Matt_AFC
gone
Effenberg
Aristoskank
Black Magic
Six
Jaime
Antarion
jb1605
Puro
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
SuperMario
Tarun
Super Progress
Kroos
Murray
christmasborocooper
Pierre Littbarski
Glenarch of the Glen
Luis
Cesc Soler
Sheffield gunner
stinger
Fey
COTR
Chocolate Thunder
caovanloi
Sgoater1
Axeslammer
bluenine
Ricardo Jol
Isco Benny
debaser
Rouslan91
57 posters

Europa League Final: FC Porto vs. Braga

Rouslan91

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-09-30

Europa League Final: FC Porto vs. Braga Empty Europa League Final: FC Porto vs. Braga

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:21 pm

you can post your thoughts about any of tonight matches! lets make a disscusion
    Rouslan91

Europa League Final: FC Porto vs. Braga Empty Re: Europa League Final: FC Porto vs. Braga

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:26 pm

which match do you think will be the toughest tonight?
    what do you think about man city-juventus??
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Europa League Final: FC Porto vs. Braga Empty Re: Europa League Final: FC Porto vs. Braga

Post by debaser Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Welcome Ale

There's a couple of interesting Spanish-German clashes (Dortmund-Sevilla, Atletico-Leverkusen) - both hard to call.

Man City will probably win, think they'll want it more than Juve.

Who do you support?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Stop grooming the newcomers Debbie.

They don't want a kiss and cuddle on your Agbonlahor futon
    Rouslan91

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:41 pm

debaser wrote:Welcome Ale

There's a couple of interesting Spanish-German clashes (Dortmund-Sevilla, Atletico-Leverkusen) - both hard to call.

Man City will probably win, think they'll want it more than Juve.

Who do you support?

I support Liverpool.. its not that juventus doesn't want the win, they aren't at their best now, and city shown in premier league until now that they have a good team play.. i also think city going grab the 3 points today
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Will Carragher and Agger be able to handle the Wolfswinkel?
    Rouslan91

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 pm

debaser wrote:Will Carragher and Agger be able to handle the Wolfswinkel?

well i hope so! he's a good striker!but liverpool have attacking problems, not deffensive
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Kuyts only trophy he ever won was the Cup at Utrecht.... Laughing
    Rouslan91

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Ricardo Wetzel wrote:

Kuyts only trophy he ever won was the Cup at Utrecht.... Laughing

really?i didn't knew it! well i hope his second trophy will be europa league this year Very Happy
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:58 pm

And it starts again... with this attitude, there is little hope for Serie A retaining their status in Europe... I hope this does not happen, but if its true then fuck you Mazzari, Rossi...

Napoli Coach Walter Mazzarri Makes Seven Changes For Europa League Tie At Steaua Bucharest
    By Salvatore Landolina

Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri believes his instrument of conquest against Steaua Bucharest will be to rest Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Lavezzi, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

Tinkering has become the hallmark of Mazzarri's strategies at San Paolo as he juggles his side, and he will rest several stars ahead of their Serie A clash against Roma, leading to critics blaming him for putting the league before Europe.

Among the stars that won't take part in Romania are Hamsik and Lavezzi. The Slovakian will have to wait until until at least Sunday to score his 50th goal for the club.

Paolo Cannavaro, Salvatore Aronica, Andrea Dossena, Hugo Campagnaro and Michele Pazienza are also on the bench. Jose Sosa is expected to start in midfield.

Palermo To Rest Javier Pastore For Europa League Clash Against Lausanne - Report
    By Salvatore Landolina

Palermo will have to get their Europa League adventure off the ground without Javier Pastore when they take on Lausanne on Thursday.

The Rosanero are searching for their first win in Europe after losing to Sparta Prague a fortnight ago. The game is a defining element in their season as a loss tonight will add to their struggle.

And to make life less easy, Delio Rossi has decided to rest Pastore. He has been the leader of the team thus far, but is not expected to play at the Barbera.

Pastore should make his return when Palermo travel to Fiorentina on Sunday.
    from goal.com
    Rouslan91

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:09 pm

bluenine wrote:And it starts again... with this attitude, there is little hope for Serie A retaining their status in Europe... I hope this does not happen, but if its true then fuck you Mazzari, Rossi...
    they underestimate europa league, giving priority to the national league. i do not support it but it is logical cause this teams can not pretent to win the european competition at this time
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Rouslan91 wrote:

well i hope so! he's a good striker!but liverpool have attacking problems, not deffensive

Van Wolfswinkel is one of the most overrated strikers in the Eredivisie Ale
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Rouslan91 wrote:

You sure bout that? You defence looks dodgy as hell to me. Carragher's not what he was, Skrtel's dodgy, Agger's played out of position, Johnson can't defend..Reina can't bail you out every time
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    Rouslan91 wrote:

Van Wolfswinkel is one of the most overrated strikers in the Eredivisie Ale

I wouldn't know. But I like his name. The angry Wolf tied to the puny Winkel Smiley
    Rouslan91

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:36 pm

debaser wrote:
    Rouslan91 wrote:

You sure bout that? You defence looks dodgy as hell to me. Carragher's not what he was, Skrtel's dodgy, Agger's played out of position, Johnson can't defend..Reina can't bail you out every time

carragher still can play with passion, agger used to play on the left side, ok about jonhson you're right!skrtel is not bad too for europa league matches! and about a hungry wolf Very Happy he'll stay hungry for tonight Very Happy
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Manchester City (from): Hart, Given, Richards, Zabaleta, Kompany, K Toure, Boyata, Cunningham, Lescott, Boateng, Silva, De Jong, Y Toure, Barry, Vieira, Milner, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, Jo, Santa Cruz.

Juventus (from): Storari, Motta, Chiellini, Rinaudo, Legrottaglie, Bonucci, Grygera, Pepe, Sissoko, Krasic, Melo, Iaquinta, del Piero, Manninger, Marchisio, Martinez, Lanzafame, de Ceglie, Costantino, Giandonato, Giannetti

Boateng, Richards and Lescott might be fit enough to play but will have to see. Still a few players out and might rotate the team a bit, with say Vieira coming in and maybe Johnson, but i think we will have enough to edge it.
    Looking forward to watching Del Piero and checking out Krsic and Bonucci amongst others for the first time live, both have very promising futures.

Come on City !
    caovanloi

Number of posts : 2

Post by caovanloi Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Code:
    [b]PRE-MATCH DISCUSSION: MANCHESTER UNITED V LIVERPOOL
    [/b]

Manchester United face Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday in what is one of thee fixtures in the football calendar. The match requires little introduction – one of the games I look for when fixtures are released for the new season (Manchester City being the first then Liverpool). I’ve been excited for this game for a good week now, I can feel the excitement within me as I type this – Sunday afternoon cannot come soon enough!! I woke up this morning, clenched my first and muttered to myself “come on, let’s be having ya!!” A must win game for United, with all due respect to Blackpool we could find ourselves already seven points behind Chelsea.

What should we expect from Liverpool? Under Roy Hodgson we should expect less animosity between the two managers, well perhaps not for 90 minutes. The Liverpool team we face today will be quite different than the previous meeting between the two sides – during the summer they were very active in the transfer market bringing in several players including Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Raul Meireles, Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen.

After Saturday’s results Liverpool enter the day in 17th position having amassed five points in four games – their sole victory coming against newly promoted West Bromwich Albion. Last weekend against Birmingham City, Liverpool apparently looked devoid of ideas with Fernando Torres receiving negative comments for his performance, or lack of it. We all know his record against United so to dismiss his threat would be foolish, I’m sure Nemanja Vidic isn’t! Personally, I envisage a huge performance from the big Serbian.

On Thursday, against Steaua Bucharest (in the Europa League) Hodgson rested several players – Liverpool will be fresh and ready for the fight. Both clubs have had disappointing starts to the season, but there is nothing like this fixture to raise spirits of players and fans alike.

How will United line up?

The main two discussion points in back five are right back and central defence.

John O’Shea, Wes Brown and Rafael are vying for the right back spot or does Gary Neville fancy a turn against the old foe. Sunday could turn into a battle of a match and as a consequence I’d rather have Brown by my side – “Big Bad” is not going to shirk any 50/50 challenges. What do you think?

Should Rio Ferdinand start? To be honest, I’m really undecided on this point – I can see the merits and disadvantages of his inclusion. The game against Glasgow Rangers is no real barometer to judge his fitness (the fact he completed 90 minutes is positive) or readiness as he was seldom tested. At Anfield last season he appeared less than 100% fit and was brushed aside by Fernando Torres to score Liverpool’s first goal – for some reason that incident is sticking in my mind… Then there is of course Jonny Evans.

With the absence of Rio there was a suggestion Evans may steel a march on the England captain, that once fit Rio may struggle to reclaim his place in the team. This has not been the case as the Northern Ireland International has received plenty of criticism for his performances this season, notably against Fulham and Everton.  For ninety minutes against Everton he and Nemanja Vidic were rocks in the centre of defence, throwing themselves into challenges, blocking efforts on goal and in the main won the aerial battle. He played well, much better than his performance against Fulham, where he probably deserved criticism. Evans has proved himself to be a good defender, one of real potential – he’s held his own against the likes of Drogba, but oddly struggled against Bobby Zamora. He’s had one poor performance this against Fulham in my opinion.

In such a big game is Sir Alex prepared to risk an undercooked Rio or perhaps a low in confidence and feeling the pressure Evans? I really don’t know, what do you think?

With the horrific injury Antonio Valencia suffered against Glasgow Rangers, Nani will start in his preferred right wing role. The left wing position however brings a further discussion point. The options: Ji Sung Park, Ryan Giggs or Gabriel Obertan. Park offers the defensive option, perhaps doing a job on Steven Gerrard and Joe Cole by tucking inside. Obertan recently returned to action for the reserves so is an unlikely starter, perhaps a place on the subs bench is on the offing for the French man and there is my personal preference Giggs as he offers the greater attacking option, which was lacking at home to Rangers. What do you think?

After recent comments and praise from Sir Alex, Dimitar Berbatov is a certainty to start on Sunday. With his selection we are likely to start the game in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 formation, which is an unusual step compared to last season where 4-5-1/4-3-3 was preferred in the so called bigger games. If needed the formation could switch with Rooney playing as a wide forward on the left. We saw against Everton that Berbatov is capable of playing the lone striker role.

My preferred team: Van der Sar; Brown, Vidc, Evans, Evra; Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs; Berbatov, Rooney

Prediction: With constant heavy rain during the early hours of Sunday morning the surface will allow for quick slick passing. I’m expecting both teams to play at 100mph whether in defence or attack. I’m going to plumb for a 2-0 United victory with goals from Berbatov and Rooney. What do you think?

If you wish to discuss this issue further with myself or other members of the Stretford End Arising community, you can do so in the Stretford End Arising Forum

You can follow me on Twitter at SEA_MUFC

what's do you think

Last edited by caovanloi on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rouslan91

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Manchester City (from): Hart, Given, Richards, Zabaleta, Kompany, K Toure, Boyata, Cunningham, Lescott, Boateng, Silva, De Jong, Y Toure, Barry, Vieira, Milner, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, Jo, Santa Cruz.
    can you write city's starting eleven and the formation please??
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:14 pm

caovanloi wrote:
    Code:
    [/b]

Manchester United face Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday in what is one of thee fixtures in the football calendar. The match requires little introduction – one of the games I look for when fixtures are released for the new season (Manchester City being the first then Liverpool). I’ve been excited for this game for a good week now, I can feel the excitement within me as I type this – Sunday afternoon cannot come soon enough!! I woke up this morning, clenched my first and muttered to myself “come on, let’s be having ya!!” A must win game for United, with all due respect to Blackpool we could find ourselves already seven points behind Chelsea.

What should we expect from Liverpool? Under Roy Hodgson we should expect less animosity between the two managers, well perhaps not for 90 minutes. The Liverpool team we face today will be quite different than the previous meeting between the two sides – during the summer they were very active in the transfer market bringing in several players including Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Raul Meireles, Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen.

After Saturday’s results Liverpool enter the day in 17th position having amassed five points in four games – their sole victory coming against newly promoted West Bromwich Albion. Last weekend against Birmingham City, Liverpool apparently looked devoid of ideas with Fernando Torres receiving negative comments for his performance, or lack of it. We all know his record against United so to dismiss his threat would be foolish, I’m sure Nemanja Vidic isn’t! Personally, I envisage a huge performance from the big Serbian.

On Thursday, against Steaua Bucharest (in the Europa League) Hodgson rested several players – Liverpool will be fresh and ready for the fight. Both clubs have had disappointing starts to the season, but there is nothing like this fixture to raise spirits of players and fans alike.

How will United line up?

John O’Shea, Wes Brown and Rafael are vying for the right back spot or does Gary Neville fancy a turn against the old foe. Sunday could turn into a battle of a match and as a consequence I’d rather have Brown by my side – “Big Bad” is not going to shirk any 50/50 challenges. What do you think?

Should Rio Ferdinand start? To be honest, I’m really undecided on this point – I can see the merits and disadvantages of his inclusion. The game against Glasgow Rangers is no real barometer to judge his fitness (the fact he completed 90 minutes is positive) or readiness as he was seldom tested. At Anfield last season he appeared less than 100% fit and was brushed aside by Fernando Torres to score Liverpool’s first goal – for some reason that incident is sticking in my mind… Then there is of course Jonny Evans.

With the absence of Rio there was a suggestion Evans may steel a march on the England captain, that once fit Rio may struggle to reclaim his place in the team. This has not been the case as the Northern Ireland International has received plenty of criticism for his performances this season, notably against Fulham and Everton.  For ninety minutes against Everton he and Nemanja Vidic were rocks in the centre of defence, throwing themselves into challenges, blocking efforts on goal and in the main won the aerial battle. He played well, much better than his performance against Fulham, where he probably deserved criticism. Evans has proved himself to be a good defender, one of real potential – he’s held his own against the likes of Drogba, but oddly struggled against Bobby Zamora. He’s had one poor performance this against Fulham in my opinion.

In such a big game is Sir Alex prepared to risk an undercooked Rio or perhaps a low in confidence and feeling the pressure Evans? I really don’t know, what do you think?

With the horrific injury Antonio Valencia suffered against Glasgow Rangers, Nani will start in his preferred right wing role. The left wing position however brings a further discussion point. The options: Ji Sung Park, Ryan Giggs or Gabriel Obertan. Park offers the defensive option, perhaps doing a job on Steven Gerrard and Joe Cole by tucking inside. Obertan recently returned to action for the reserves so is an unlikely starter, perhaps a place on the subs bench is on the offing for the French man and there is my personal preference Giggs as he offers the greater attacking option, which was lacking at home to Rangers. What do you think?

After recent comments and praise from Sir Alex, Dimitar Berbatov is a certainty to start on Sunday. With his selection we are likely to start the game in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 formation, which is an unusual step compared to last season where 4-5-1/4-3-3 was preferred in the so called bigger games. If needed the formation could switch with Rooney playing as a wide forward on the left. We saw against Everton that Berbatov is capable of playing the lone striker role.

My preferred team: Van der Sar; Brown, Vidc, Evans, Evra; Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs; Berbatov, Rooney

Prediction: With constant heavy rain during the early hours of Sunday morning the surface will allow for quick slick passing. I’m expecting both teams to play at 100mph whether in defence or attack. I’m going to plumb for a 2-0 United victory with goals from Berbatov and Rooney. What do you think?

If you wish to discuss this issue further with myself or other members of the Stretford End Arising community, you can do so in the Stretford End Arising Forum

what's do you think

online bingo

instant cash games

Well firstly...

Spoiler:
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ricardo Wetzel on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rouslan91

Post by Rouslan91 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:16 pm

caovanloi wrote:
    Code:
    [/b]

How will United line up?

what's do you think

online bingo
    instant cash games
    this is an opinion for already finished match, what do i have to think?he analysed it pretty well!
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Amazingly Uncle Roy Hodgson still thinks Raul Meireles is a right winger
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    Rouslan91 wrote:

Van Wolfswinkel is one of the best strikers in the Eredivisie Ale

Ale

Lacks the pace of Torres, but for the rest he is a better version of him ok
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Napoli are being raped in Romania, 3-0 already.

Zenit and PSG cheers
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Dortmund is dominating against Sevilla, Manzano's team is totally absent in midfield, despite playing together Zokora, Guarente and Cigarini.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Surprise surprise

0-0

Zero chances created

The misery continues
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Sevilla take the lead against the run of play against Dortmund (and just before the half-time whistle).
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Aside from Torres whipping a shot wide from just outside the area I can't really recall Liverpool having an effort on goal.

Carragher has got himself in a few difficult situations already.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Fucking hell this is dull. Almost our full strength team bar no Gerrard as well. Absolutely no urgency or desire. This isn't Liverpool football club, where has it gone?
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:51 pm

Amazing how a match goes, Dortmund well on top, should be 2 up and then Sevilla's first shot on target and bang its a goal.

Also, Nene for PSG Blush

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 am