Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Fade out
Fey
blutgraetsche
Allez les rouges
Ricardo Jol
9 posters

Oranje top of the FIFA table!!!

Poll

Oranje top of table?

[ 4 ]
    Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_left33%Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_left8%Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_left33%Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_left25%Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Empty Oranje top of the FIFA table!!!

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Without even playing Holland managed to reach the top of the FIFA-ranking. It is in the first time in history the delighted Dutch reach the top spot.

Since Italy beat Spain, Spain lost points while the Netherlands didn't lose points. Do you think the FIFA ranking is right or do you have other suggestions how to rank countries?

Dutch dethrone Spain, Uruguay top region(FIFA.com)

Wednesday 24 August 2011 Print Email my friend Share

There has been a change in the leadership of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, with the Netherlands ending Spain’s reign of more than a year at the summit to claim top spot for the first time ever.

The Oranje thus profited from Spain’s defeat by Italy – in a friendly that cost the world and European champions valuable points – to become only the seventh team (after Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) to sit atop the global ladder.

There has also been a dramatic change in South America, with fifth-placed Uruguay becoming the top-ranked South American team following Brazil’s (6th, down 2) loss to Germany (3rd, unchanged). England also reaped the rewards of A Seleção’s defeat to move up two places to fourth.

Also inside the top 50, Russia (13th, up 5), Nigeria (38th, up 5) and Algeria (46th, up 6) are the biggest gainers. Like the Dutch, Mongolia (160th, up 3) have achieved their highest position since the introduction of the FIFA Coca-Cola World Ranking.

Seventy-six 'A' matches have been held in the past few weeks, 60 of which were friendlies. Fifteen games were Asian Zone qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, and one was a UEFA EURO 2012 preliminary.

For this edition of the world ranking, the confederation weighting for the AFC has been increased from 0.85 to 0.86 backdated to August 2010, after a review of the confederation weighting calculation found that 0.86 is the correct figure. This alteration has led to only minimal changes for a few teams, and would have had no impact whatsoever on the seedings for the Preliminary Draw for Brazil 2014 on 30 July.

1 Netherlands 1596 1 54
    2 Spain 1563 -1 -25
    3 Germany 1330 0 25
    4 England 1177 2 31
    5 Uruguay 1174 0 18
    6 Brazil 1156 -2 -46
    7 Italy 1110 1 51
    8 Portugal 1060 -1 -16
    9 Argentina 1017 1 4
    10 Croatia 1009 -1 -24
    11 Chile 960 0 -13
    12 Norway 943 0 -29
    13 Russia 940 5 26
    14 Greece 937 -1 -22
    15 Côte d'Ivoire 918 -1 -4
    15 France 918 0 -2
    15 Japan 918 1 0
    18 Sweden 889 1 5
    19 Montenegro 875 -2 -40
    20 Mexico 864 0 -5
    21 Denmark 841 0 -16
    22 Australia 837 1 6
    23 Slovenia 816 -1 -17
    24 Turkey 811 0 -9
    25 Paraguay 807 1 3
    26 Peru 806 -1 1
    26 Slovakia 806 3 27
    28 USA 791 2 13
    29 Serbia 784 -2 -13
    30 Switzerland 757 0 -21
    31 Republic of Ireland 754 2 2
    32 Israel 746 0 -25
    33 Korea Republic 745 -5 -36
    34 Egypt 739 0 4
    35 Colombia 730 0 23
    36 Ghana 726 0 30
    37 Belgium 675 0 -16
    38 Nigeria 659 5 24
    39 Bosnia-Herzegovina 656 2 14
    40 Burkina Faso 646 -1 -15
    41 Belarus 645 1 9
    42 Czech Republic 635 -4 -35
    43 Jamaica 623 1 -9
    44 Venezuela 615 -4 -33
    45 Hungary 613 2 10
    46 Algeria 612 6 37
    47 South Africa 602 2 5
    48 Ukraine 598 -3 -22
    49 Senegal 591 -3 -28
    50 Honduras 589 1 -3

Last edited by Ricardo Jol on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Empty Re: Oranje top of the FIFA table!!!

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:42 pm

I had you down as one who wouldn't be altogether happy with the Netherlands' style of play these days Rickchen, am I wrong? End justifies the means huh?

Does this mean voetbal has died now?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:48 pm

You wouldn't ask if you didn't know deep down that you don't deserve it!
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:I had you down as one who wouldn't be altogether happy with the Netherlands' style of play these days Rickchen, am I wrong? End justifies the means huh?

Does this mean voetbal has died now?

You are right indeed that the Netherlands did not play the best football at the World Cup, unfortunately. But, the Dutch have such a big reccord of playing well and lose hard that I didn't care this type of football during the World Cup.

However, I am glad that these days the Dutch are back to the beautiful game. Games against Hungary and Sweden, for instance, were mouth watering brilliant to watch. On that the Dutch are alive and kicking again and even more than that!!! Don't forget also that the Dutch also played the greatest football on earth at the Euro 2008! So I disagree that football has died (for Oranje).

We are no Brasil that haven't played a great game since their economy began to shine!
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:You wouldn't ask if you didn't know deep down that you don't deserve it!
    really aweful Question
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Holland have a good team, excellent up front, mediocre at the back (glossed over by the fact of having two Neanderthals (Van Bommel and De Jong) shielding them from harm by inflicting physical harm themselves...). But they are by no means the world's best team as the ranking suggests. Spain clearly are.

Realistically and fairly speaking, Holland are a top 5 team.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:10 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Holland have a good team, excellent up front, mediocre at the back (glossed over by the fact of having two Neanderthals (Van Bommel and De Jong) shielding them from harm by inflicting physical harm themselves...). But they are by no means the world's best team as the ranking suggests. Spain clearly are.

Realistically and fairly speaking, Holland are a top 5 team.

But then on top of those 5 cheers
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Below us, that's the only thing that matters.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:18 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Below us, that's the only thing that matters.

jealous cheers
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:26 pm

No, just claiming justice. And justice will prevail in the end!
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:28 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:No, just claiming justice. And justice will prevail in the end!

Razz
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Oranje top of the FIFA table!!! Motiva10

cheers

Amazing achievement for such a small country, in this day and age. One could argue this is the best Dutch team of all time, cause it's a real team these days. Otto would be very pleased!

The Dutch Ale
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm

I pity you if this really is your best team of all time...

What a great achievement to move on top without even playing indeed. Says everything there needs to be said about this joke of a ranking.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:16 pm

P.S.: The "finishing touch" got Adam and Eve expelled from paradise and made us mere mortals. The Dutch fucked everything up very much.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Blut, these rankings are AWESOME!

Did you know that the gap between HOLLAND and GERMANY is BIGGER then between GERMANY and ENGLAND on that list!

cheers

Still, like this team or not its a massive achievement!! Such a small nation, yet so awesome. Imagine, Nordrhine Westfalen or Bavaria to top that list or London!

The Dutch Ale

Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 am

Fey wrote:Blut, these rankings are AWESOME!

Did you know that the gap between HOLLAND and GERMANY is BIGGER then between GERMANY and ENGLAND on that list!

cheers

Still, like this team or not its a massive achievement!! Such a small nation, yet so awesome. Imagine, Nordrhine Westfalen or Bavaria to top that list or London!

The Dutch Ale

Shocked That would be impossible... Shocked
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:48 pm

India:England (Cricket) :: Holland:Spain (Football)

Ale
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Jeez, the 'small nation' complex again. You don't hear the Urus, a nation with a quarter of the Dutch population, going on about being 'small'. They just win things and cut the crap. But you Dutchies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

cheers
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:30 am

Laughing the irony
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 am

Dutch dethrone Spain, Uruguay top region

There has been a change in the leadership of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, with the Netherlands ending Spain’s reign of more than a year at the summit to claim top spot for the first time ever.

The Oranje thus profited from Spain’s defeat by Italy – in a friendly that cost the world and European champions valuable points – to become only the seventh team (after Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) to sit atop the global ladder.

There has also been a dramatic change in South America, with fifth-placed Uruguay becoming the top-ranked South American team following Brazil’s (6th, down 2) loss to Germany (3rd, unchanged). England also reaped the rewards of A Seleção’s defeat to move up two places to fourth.

Also inside the top 50, Russia (13th, up 5), Nigeria (38th, up 5) and Algeria (46th, up 6) are the biggest gainers. Like the Dutch, Mongolia (160th, up 3) have achieved their highest position since the introduction of the FIFA Coca-Cola World Ranking.

Seventy-six 'A' matches have been held in the past few weeks, 60 of which were friendlies. Fifteen games were Asian Zone qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, and one was a UEFA EURO 2012 preliminary.

For this edition of the world ranking, the confederation weighting for the AFC has been increased from 0.85 to 0.86 backdated to August 2010, after a review of the confederation weighting calculation found that 0.86 is the correct figure. This alteration has led to only minimal changes for a few teams, and would have had no impact whatsoever on the seedings for the Preliminary Draw for Brazil 2014 on 30 July.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 am

Van Marwijk: We've learned how to win(FIFA.com) Monday 22 August 2011 Print Email my friend Share

Despite his not having managed any sleep since arriving on Brazilian soil, it was an alert, chatty, straight-talking and philosophical Bert van Marwijk who welcomed FIFA.com into his Rio de Janeiro hotel for an exclusive interview the night before the Preliminary Draw for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014™ in July.

At the time, the Netherlands coach had not yet learned which teams would stand in the way of the Oranje gaining another shot at the world title in Brazil, after their quest in 2010 ended in a final-hurdle defeat at the hands of Spain. However, the Dutch national side’s impressive run since that landmark loss, as well as the secrets behind their success, provided some ideal alternative topics of discussion.

FIFA.com: Eleven months ago you stated that picking your team up after their loss in the FIFA World Cup Final in Johannesburg was your most pressing challenge. The results achieved since then prove that you have successfully negotiated that hurdle. Did you underestimate your squad’s ability to bounce back?
    Bert van Marwijk: That’s a very good question. I don’t know if you remember, but just two weeks after our defeat by Spain, we had a friendly match scheduled in the Ukraine. I didn’t want to play the game, and we asked the Ukrainian FA to postpone it, but they weren’t willing to do that. I travelled there with a second-string side, and I wasn’t too excited about it. My own motivation was lacking, and I didn’t hide that fact. I think you should always be honest with your players, rather than pretending or disguising your feelings. You know, when you’ve just been knocked out of the last 16 or the group stage of a World Cup, you’re keen to get playing again to focus on something else. When you lose in the Final and you’re four minutes away from a penalty shoot-out, that’s not the case at all.

The players that were part of the squad in South Africa had no motivation either, but since 2008 this team has learned how to win no matter the circumstances, whether they feel motivated or not. So yes, I’m happy to admit that perhaps I did underestimate this new faculty of theirs. After the match against Ukraine, the lads went back to their clubs and the new season kicked off, so they were in a much better physical condition when the qualifying matches for EURO 2012 came around.

Since then, your team has won all of their UEFA EURO qualifying games. What would you say is their new source of motivation?
    I told them the same thing again and again during the World Cup: we have a mission. When I saw how calm my players were after beating Brazil, and that they remained just as focused as before, I realised they knew they had not yet completed their mission. I remember we’d arranged a little party to celebrate their win, and they said to me: “Not yet, coach”.

As far as this latest qualifying campaign is concerned, it’s different – I wouldn’t describe it as a mission this time around. The players put their finger on it. What’s motivating us now is a desire to draw lessons from the final that we lost, and to make the most of that experience. Everything was new for my players that night, and I can assure you they’ve learned from it.

What’s motivating us now is a desire to draw lessons from the final that we lost, and to make the most of that experience. Bert van Marwijk

Have your methods and message changed since the FIFA World Cup Final?
    I try to be as clear as possible with my players. Transparency is one of my ground rules. I want my team to be able to understand my methods, to support them and to put them into practice. To achieve that, you have to stick to the same style of play, and not make changes depending on your opponents or the context of the match. Otherwise the players start to doubt you, and it’s impossible to make real progress.

My aim is for us to be constantly progressing, to always be pushing ourselves to the limit of our system and methods. I’m always telling them that when you play in the same way, with the same intensity, then you’re sure to improve. If you do the opposite, then all you’re doing is reacting to others. The key is to understand that there’s never any guarantee of winning your next match. It’s hard to find the words to explain how we work. I often feel like saying to journalists: “Come with us, follow us around, and observe us. Then you’ll see.”

Have your players surprised you at all during your UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying matches?
    Looking back at the match with Hungary, it was a real mental test for us. We missed a chance to go 2-0 up and then lost our focus and found ourselves 2-1 down. We grabbed a couple more to take control of the match again, but the Hungarians managed to find an equaliser. I was absolutely furious with my team; I couldn’t believe they’d allowed Hungary back into the match.

But out on the pitch, they remained composed, they stuck to the game plan without getting into a panic, and in the end we won the game 5-3. I was still angry, but also very proud. They blew me away. Taking the easy way out and being overly confident are classic Dutch traits. That was the first thing I had to battle against in this job, right from the start.

At what point did you become convinced that the players fully understood your message?
    Matches come thick and fast, and you have to learn from each one. Our World Cup qualifier against Norway in Rotterdam was enormously satisfying for me. It offered proof that my words were getting through to the squad. We had already qualified for South Africa, but we put 100 per cent into the match, never taking our foot off the pedal. We won 2-0 and it was at that point that I knew they understood what I wanted. There’s a big difference between believing and truly believing.

Since taking over in the summer of 2008, your record has been exceptional, and you’ve made history by taking your side to the Final of South Africa 2010 and winning every qualifying match (FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO combined) you’ve been involved in. Do you ever step back and think about what you have achieved?
    [Smiles] People bring up these records, but quite frankly, I never think about them. I tend to concentrate on the way we’re playing and my players’ mindset – that’s all that interests me. The opponent that this team really needs to fear is itself.

Has the way in which other national coaches regard you changed since South Africa 2010?
    I got to know Vincente del Bosque, whose company I enjoy, and I believe the feeling is mutual. We even took part in a joint interview after the Final. I’ve got a lot of respect for Marcello Lippi too. I’ve learned that he feels the same way about me, and I take that as a huge compliment. He and Del Bosque have both accomplished so much in the game.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 am

1 Netherlands 1596 1 54
    2 Spain 1563 -1 -25
    3 Germany 1330 0 25
    4 England 1177 2 31
    5 Uruguay 1174 0 18
    6 Brazil 1156 -2 -46
    7 Italy 1110 1 51
    8 Portugal 1060 -1 -16
    9 Argentina 1017 1 4
    10 Croatia 1009 -1 -24
    11 Chile 960 0 -13
    12 Norway 943 0 -29
    13 Russia 940 5 26
    14 Greece 937 -1 -22
    15 Côte d'Ivoire 918 -1 -4
    15 France 918 0 -2
    15 Japan 918 1 0
    18 Sweden 889 1 5
    19 Montenegro 875 -2 -40
    20 Mexico 864 0 -5
    21 Denmark 841 0 -16
    22 Australia 837 1 6
    23 Slovenia 816 -1 -17
    24 Turkey 811 0 -9
    25 Paraguay 807 1 3
    26 Peru 806 -1 1
    26 Slovakia 806 3 27
    28 USA 791 2 13
    29 Serbia 784 -2 -13
    30 Switzerland 757 0 -21
    31 Republic of Ireland 754 2 2
    32 Israel 746 0 -25
    33 Korea Republic 745 -5 -36
    34 Egypt 739 0 4
    35 Colombia 730 0 23
    36 Ghana 726 0 30
    37 Belgium 675 0 -16
    38 Nigeria 659 5 24
    39 Bosnia-Herzegovina 656 2 14
    40 Burkina Faso 646 -1 -15
    41 Belarus 645 1 9
    42 Czech Republic 635 -4 -35
    43 Jamaica 623 1 -9
    44 Venezuela 615 -4 -33
    45 Hungary 613 2 10
    46 Algeria 612 6 37
    47 South Africa 602 2 5
    48 Ukraine 598 -3 -22
    49 Senegal 591 -3 -28
    50 Honduras 589 1 -3
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Czech Republic in 2004 probably the best European country with Cech, Nedved, Koller and Rosicky down to 42 one place ahead of Jamaica.... Shocked

What went wrong with Czechia?
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

You forgot Baros Wink
    The usual, bottlers, no more golden generation, no Bruckner. Ukraine are even lower.

Peru better than USA, Serbia, Switzerland, ROI, Korea etc. If not for those fuckos. Grr
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 pm

congrats to my fellow Nederlanders

Ale

Oranje are the NEW Deutschland, Deutschland are the new Oranje

the van Marwijk interview above is a old school German as it gets Ale

Löw could NEVER have given it

WE are now joint favourites (with Spain and Italy) to win Euro 2012

Ale

incidentally

the Gaucho wife of your crown prince STILL speaks NO GERMAN

which is NOT acceptable

who does she think she IS ?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Ä wrote:congrats to my fellow Nederlanders

Ale

Oranje are the NEW Deutschland, Deutschland are the new Oranje

the van Marwijk interview above is a old school German as it gets Ale

Löw could NEVER have given it

WE are now joint favourites (with Spain and Italy) to win Euro 2012

Ale

incidentally

the Gaucho wife of your crown prince STILL speaks NO GERMAN

which is NOT acceptable

who does she think she IS ?

Dear Otto,

And how is your Dutch today? I heard more Germans are eager to learn Dutch than Dutchies to learn German these days. Isn't that weird? Is at this point Germany also taken over by the Dutch?

Next meeting between Rutten and Merkel is in Dutch, mark my words.... The England Vice PM also talks it also these days!
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:45 pm

mijn goede Ricardo

zal binnenkort de grootste Nederlandse taal in Europa is

is een Duitse belofte

Smile
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Ä wrote:mijn goede Ricardo

zal binnenkort de grootste Nederlandse taal in Europa is

is een Duitse belofte

Smile

cheers there is always a beginning ok

ik begrijp er alleen geen reet van... Wink
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Dutch national anthem:

1.) Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
    ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,
    den vaderland getrouwe
    blijf ik tot in den dood.
    Een Prinse van Oranje
    ben ik, vrij, onverveerd,
    den Koning van Hispanje
    heb ik altijd geëerd.

[...]

Laugh

Enjoy your totally undeserved stay at the top Nederlanders, it won't last long! Ale
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:18 pm

You can't make this up...

Der Kunst-Berg ruft

Ganz Holland lachte: Der Journalist Thijs Zonneveld schlug in einer Kolumne scherzhaft vor, man solle doch einen 2000-Meter-Berg ins öde niederländische Plattland bauen, um Touristen und Sportler anzulocken. Plötzlich fragen sich manche: Ja, warum eigentlich nicht?

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/0,1518,781825,00.html

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 pm