Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Super Progress
COTR
Luis
Hlebagone
The Pröfessör
christmasborocooper
Murray
worms.
Pierre Littbarski
Pras_tama
Jaime
Puro
Sheffield gunner
Kimbo
stinger
Brian2468
Rosicky
TheCrazy58
fcb
Glenarch of the Glen
debaser
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
S4P
29 posters

EPL 04/05/06-02-12

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

EPL 04/05/06-02-12 - Page 9 Empty Re: EPL 04/05/06-02-12

Post by Puro Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:25 pm

lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Remember March 6th. You heard it here first!
    Pray nothing bad happens for the sake of humanity. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:41 pm

As I said before the game last night, Spurs are in a great position, they know they can't win the title and they know they'd have to do something really stupid to miss out on a champions league place so they can come and look for draws at tough away grounds now. We had to win, they didn't and they'll be far happier with that point than we will.

I think we definitely deserved to win but as usual we just don't score the goals. It's annoying how Carroll gets penalised far more than most strikers do for jostling.

Parker was excellent but I'd give MOTM to Skrtel or Dawson. Skrtel has been exceptional this season, looks a totally different player to the liability he was in previous seasons.

So glad to have Suarez back, he made an immediate impact and I think he would have scored if he had a bit more match sharpness.

Unfortunately we have United away next and I can't see us winning there so it may mean we fall further behind in the race for fourth.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:43 pm

PuroReturns wrote:Remember March 6th. You heard it here first!

Care to be more precise: Natural disaster? Terrorist attack? Big economic crash?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Hlebagone wrote:I remember being a squirrel on the pitch the last season we played at Highbury

You WERE that squirrel??

And responsible for 9/11?

Ffs Kevin.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 pm

PuroReturns wrote:Remember March 6th. You heard it here first!

CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHH
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Luis wrote:As I said before the game last night, Spurs are in a great position, they know they can't win the title and they know they'd have to do something really stupid to miss out on a champions league place so they can come and look for draws at tough away grounds now. We had to win, they didn't and they'll be far happier with that point than we will.

I think we definitely deserved to win but as usual we just don't score the goals. It's annoying how Carroll gets penalised far more than most strikers do for jostling.

Parker was excellent but I'd give MOTM to Skrtel or Dawson. Skrtel has been exceptional this season, looks a totally different player to the liability he was in previous seasons.

So glad to have Suarez back, he made an immediate impact and I think he would have scored if he had a bit more match sharpness.

Unfortunately we have United away next and I can't see us winning there so it may mean we fall further behind in the race for fourth.

I have to disagree with you Luis: I don't believe we went to Anfield looking for a draw at all. Harry failed to turn up which would have affected preparations, and had Lennon, VDV or Defoe have been fit, we would have almost certainly played a 4-4-2 like we did against City.

Did you see our bench? We didn't have anything resembling an orthodox right winger or second striker (Defoe, VDV) to play with Adebayor (Saha has hardly kicked a ball this season) so the 4-5-1 was inevitable given the personnel.

Liverpool were incredibly physical and won most of the 50/50 balls which was the major difference. Too many of our players pussied out of their challenges. Adebayor the worst offender.

I don't think you deserved to win. However had you won, we couldn't have had any complaints as you were the marginally better team, but you created very few clear cut chances either, so a draw was hardly a travesty.

A serious question: what on Earth was going on with the atmosphere in the ground? Have all the proper Liverpool fans been priced out? I've never heard it so quiet.

Also, you might believe he's The King, but Kenny has helped to create with his persistent siege mentality what appears to be a humourless home crowd becoming famous solely for it's vitriol (note the booing of Parker for being kicked in the guts by Suarez as the best example from last night), which wasn't the case in the past when visiting team went to Anfield (the Kop has long been famous for acknowledging quality opposition players and it's "scouse humour", not booing and hissing at every opportunity).
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:
    Luis wrote:As I said before the game last night, Spurs are in a great position, they know they can't win the title and they know they'd have to do something really stupid to miss out on a champions league place so they can come and look for draws at tough away grounds now. We had to win, they didn't and they'll be far happier with that point than we will.

I have to disagree with you Luis: I don't believe we went to Anfield looking for a draw at all. Harry failed to turn up which would have affected preparations, and had Lennon, VDV or Defoe have been fit, we would have almost certainly played a 4-4-2 like we did against City.

Did you see our bench? We didn't have anything resembling an orthodox right winger or second striker (Defoe, VDV) to play with Adebayor (Saha has hardly kicked a ball this season) so the 4-5-1 was inevitable given the personnel.

Liverpool were incredibly physical and won most of the 50/50 balls which was the major difference. Too many of our players pussied out of their challenges. Adebayor the worst offender.

I don't think you "deserved" to win. Had you won, I don't we could have had any complaints as you were the marginally better team, but you created very few clear cut chances either, so a draw was hardly a travesty.

A serious question: what on Earth was going on with the atmosphere in the ground? Have all the proper Liverpool fans been priced out? I've never heard it so quiet.

Also, you might believe he's The King, but Kenny has managed to create what appears to be a humourless home crowd becoming famous for it's inhospitable vitriol with his siege mentality (note the booing of Parker for being kicked in the guts by Suarez as the best example from last night), which didn't use to be the case when visiting team went to Anfield (the Kop was famous for acknowledging quality opposition players).

Even if you would have had a fully fit squad you'd still have taken a point last night; you've already finished 3rd and you're not going to catach the Manchester clubs.

We showed more eagerness on the ball to go forward and try and win the game.

The atmosphere did sound shit to me as well I agree, maybe it's because the game was a monday night or maybe because people are saving the pennies for Wembley; I know I am.

Your last point is rubbish IMO but you're entitled to think that <Ale>
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:14 pm

They'd only have been 3 points off Man United if they'd won..
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Luis wrote:
    Metta World Peace wrote:

I don't think you "deserved" to win. Had you won, I don't we could have had any complaints as you were the marginally better team, but you created very few clear cut chances either, so a draw was hardly a travesty.

Also, you might believe he's The King, but Kenny has managed to create what appears to be a humourless home crowd becoming famous for it's inhospitable vitriol with his siege mentality (note the booing of Parker for being kicked in the guts by Suarez as the best example from last night), which didn't use to be the case when visiting team went to Anfield (the Kop was famous for acknowledging quality opposition players).

Even if you would have had a fully fit squad you'd still have taken a point last night; you've already finished 3rd and you're not going to catach the Manchester clubs.

The atmosphere did sound shit to me as well I agree, maybe it's because the game was a monday night or maybe because people are saving the pennies for Wembley; I know I am.

Your first paragraph appears to ignore reality. We went to Man City just a few weekends ago with a full squad, played a traditional attacking 4-4-2 and and went a Defoe toenail away from winning that game. What makes you think we would have come to Anfield to settle for a draw under the same circumstances?

I'd hope Liverpool showed eagerness and ambition to go forward. You were playing at home after all Laughing

The last point is of course only an opinion, but it appears I'm not the only one in the World who shares it, this from a Liverpool fan on a website not a million miles away:

...What has happened to that once proud good natured club that used to play its football at Anfield?

It wasn't that long ago that opposition fans would mingle in the kop and the ready wit couldn't help but have you smiling. The anger and vitriol that continually cascades onto the pitch now is as shocking as it is depressing.

And I'm holding one man responsible for this. And no it's not Suarez, although he seems incapable of controlling his inner animal, I'm going to cut him some slack due to age and upbringing - although he must sort it out and quick or pariah status awaits.

No, I'm looking at you Kenny. A man old enough and experienced enough to know much, much better. You have come back to manage this club a truculent, belligerent, deeply unpleasant individual - and are tarnishing your legacy and the fantastic reputation of a club that has taken decades to build.

Graham Souness is held up as the man that ruined LFC, I suggest when we look back on this sorry episode Dalglish may just be looked upon in a similar fashion unless he gets, and takes, some good advice quickly.
    Gerard

You might not agree with Gerard (Houllier?), but it's an interesting slant on Kenny's attempts to bring the club and fans together through adoption of such heavy handed siege mentality.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Metta World Peace wrote:

Your first paragraph appears to ignore reality. We went to Man City just a few weekends ago with a full squad, played a traditional attacking 4-4-2 and and went a Defoe toenail away from winning that game. What makes you think we would have come to Anfield to settle for a draw under the same circumstances?

I'd hope Liverpool showed eagerness and ambition to go forward. You were playing at home after all Laughing

The last point is of course only an opinion, but it appears I'm not the only one in the World who shares it, this from a Liverpool fan on a website not a million miles away:

...What has happened to that once proud good natured club that used to play its football at Anfield?

It wasn't that long ago that opposition fans would mingle in the kop and the ready wit couldn't help but have you smiling. The anger and vitriol that continually cascades onto the pitch now is as shocking as it is depressing.

And I'm holding one man responsible for this. And no it's not Suarez, although he seems incapable of controlling his inner animal, I'm going to cut him some slack due to age and upbringing - although he must sort it out and quick or pariah status awaits.

No, I'm looking at you Kenny. A man old enough and experienced enough to know much, much better. You have come back to manage this club a truculent, belligerent, deeply unpleasant individual - and are tarnishing your legacy and the fantastic reputation of a club that has taken decades to build.

Graham Souness is held up as the man that ruined LFC, I suggest when we look back on this sorry episode Dalglish may just be looked upon in a similar fashion unless he gets, and takes, some good advice quickly.
    Gerard

You might not agree with Gerard (Houllier?), but it's an interesting slant on Kenny's attempts to bring the club and fans together through adoption of such heavy handed siege mentality.

"We went to Man City just a few weekends ago with a full squad, played a traditional attacking 4-4-2"

Come on MWP,you parked the bus for most of the game like you normally do against top teams,like last year against Milan in the CL where you parked the bus for nearly the whole 2 legs.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 pm

[quote="debaser"]
    PuroReturns wrote:
    Care to be more precise: Natural disaster? Terrorist attack? Big economic crash?

Debbie, you must understand nowadays a "natural disaster" is a terrorist attack camouflaged as a natural disaster. I know it sounds crazy to the unaware and ignorant mind.

Here's where we all unite and stay alert. I don't know what the satanists will cause, but society must be aware of the enemy of humanity. You must know the enemy, their beliefs, their religion, their agenda.

March 6th...I pray that nothing bad happens to humanity.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Més que un club wrote:\

Come on MWP,you parked the bus for most of the game like you normally do against top teams,like last year against Milan in the CL where you parked the bus for nearly the whole 2 legs.
    It doesn't matter how many times you will repeat saying that, it still won't be true. At San Siro Tottenham was attacking for majority of the match, and yes, I remember that they scored after a counter attack. They were also quite attacking at City, you seem to be mixing approach to the game with the fact that sometimes opponent is strong enough to put a serious pressure on you, so team looks like parking the bus. Which in reality, isn't.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Hlebagone wrote:I remember being a squirrel on the pitch the last season we played at Highbury. Was a European game, and Hleb played well.

You remember being a squirrel?
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:17 pm

stinger wrote:
    Més que un club wrote:\

It doesn't matter how many times you will repeat saying that, it still won't be true. At San Siro Tottenham was attacking for majority of the match, and yes, I remember that they scored after a counter attack. They were also quite attacking at City, you seem to be mixing approach to the game with the fact that sometimes opponent is strong enough to put a serious pressure on you, so team looks like parking the bus. Which in reality, isn't.

Apart from the first half of the first leg Tottenham parked the bus imo,am not saying it was wrong to do that because AC Milan where/are the better team.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TheCrazy58 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm gutted, I missed the highlight of the match last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keOEmSCiPI8
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:26 pm

[quote="PuroReturns"]
    debaser wrote:
    PuroReturns wrote:

Debbie, you must understand nowadays a "natural disaster" is a terrorist attack camouflaged as a natural disaster. I know it sounds crazy to the unaware and ignorant mind.

Here's where we all unite and stay alert. I don't know what the satanists will cause, but society must be aware of the enemy of humanity. You must know the enemy, their beliefs, their religion, their agenda.

March 6th...I pray that nothing bad happens to humanity.

March 6th is the 66th day of the year

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Christmas Glenn Hysén wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:I remember being a squirrel on the pitch the last season we played at Highbury. Was a European game, and Hleb played well.

Made that joke already. You've grown weary.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:51 pm

You remember Hleb playing well? Did he have a lot of touches without really doing very much?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:
    Christmas Glenn Hysén wrote:

Made that joke already. You've grown weary.

I got here as soon as I could.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:22 am

Murray wrote:

Yep! good observation, Murray! <Ale>
    110%

Post by 110% Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:36 am

PuroReturns wrote:
    Murray wrote:

Yep! good observation, Murray! <Ale>

You know that there is a March 6 every year right?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:17 pm

110% wrote:

Thank you for your insight, ten percent! Now I feel compelled to return the favor to you. You do know that March 6th isn't the 66th day of the year every year (as Murray observed)?

To the Luciferians it is a very special day this year 2012. Pray, ten percent! pray nothing bad happens to humanity. And spread the word too. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:19 pm

If you think you tried to win the game the other night then that's your opinion; my opinion is that only one team wanted to win the game and that was us. Perhaps a few injuries was indeed the cause of this and to be honest one or two injuries to your key players and you're done for in any sort of title race. City and United have far bigger squads and that's why this season you will fall short.

Tell that to Roy Hodgson.

We showed eagerness because we needed to win to put pressure on Chelsea for fourth because 4th is still realistic for us with a lot of games left. Redknapp knows the title isn't possible for Spurs; I think we all do. As long as you keep on winning at home, getting the odd win away and drawing away at tough grounds then 3rd is yours and that's a great achievement.

Gerard

So one fan on another forum thinks as you do and you're right?

Again, I'll say that's total rubbish.

In what ground would any opposition fan sitting in the home end not get abuse? Don't be daft. Dalglish has had to defend this club against the media attack that was inevitably going to surface with the Suarez affair. Just last night the gracious Mr Patrick Barclay said this on Twitter:

EPL 04/05/06-02-12 - Page 9 AlEqt5wCAAAuUmx

That's the kind of thing we have to put up with as people constantly try and drag LFC through the mud. The club has been made out to be racist; let's not dither about. We are all racist because one of our players was found guilty on the evidence of one player's word against his own.

Dalglish is asked ridiculous questions by a lot of twatish journalists who worship Sir Alex and hate foreigners; I'm glad he gives as good as he gets.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
    110% wrote:

Thank you for your insight, ten percent! Now I feel compelled to return the favor to you. You do know that March 6th isn't the 66th day of the year every year (as Murray observed)?

To the Luciferians it is a very special day this year 2012. Pray, ten percent! pray nothing bad happens to humanity. And spread the word too. <Ale>

Isn't it 66th day of the year every 4 years (leap year)? scratch

So what happened the last time (ie in 2008)?

Worst thing I found was this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_6,_2008_Times_Square_bombing. No one was hurt.

Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:
    So what happened the last time (ie in 2008)?

Worst thing I found was this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_6,_2008_Times_Square_bombing. No one was hurt.

On that date the CFR and Trilateral Commission (and other Luciferian groups) decided to crash the economy and steal trillions of dollars from the citizens of the world. TFS!

Pray, Khazar!
    110%

Post by 110% Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 am

PuroReturns wrote:
    110% wrote:

OK it happens every 4 years.

As for spreading the word, poor-o, it's like spreading the word of God, fine for people who believe in that stuff but the rest of us have lives to live.

I am much more likely to spread the word that there are idiots out there who believe something bad is going to happen on March 6, and just jump on anything that does happen (since pretty much something happens every day) and twist it to suit their agenda.

Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 am

I don't think people go out of their way to drag LFC through the mud - it's more of a backlash to the overbearing self-righteousness and feeling of entitlement that oozes out of that club on a daily basis.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:57 am

I'm not sure what Patrick Barclay was trying to say, but it does appear a very, very cheap shot at Liverpool which is totally unnecessary. Not least because there are so many other shots to be had Laughing
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 pm

What cheap shots? I believe if you look at the stats Woy had a better home record than King Kenny has had so far, but he loses out because he didn't attend any Hillsborough funerals unlike Dalglish Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:58 pm