Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
RedDevil
BoBo Vieri 32
The Easter Bunny
The Pröfessör
bluenine
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
S4P
stinger
Xavier
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
Kroos
Murray
Super Progress
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
Deluded F*ck™
Jaime
shazlx
messiah
TheCrazy58
Pierre Littbarski
christmasborocooper
debaser
Pras_tama
Roger Hunt
Axeslammer
110%
Kimbo
Fey
Luis
38 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 28 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by stinger Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Shelvey really doesn't look like a right fit for a relegation battle. More of an luxury player who could thrive under Mark Hughes kind of guy.

Also, looks like Everton, West Ham and Newcastle are going to fight for Sam Byram signature.

Can't believe that someone like Grabban costs 8m pounds Yikes
    stinger

Post by stinger Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:41 pm

Looks like we lost the battle to sign Sam Byram against West Ham - he looks like quality player in making, but because of Coleman at RB we can't realistically offer him starting XI chance. Hammers can.
    stinger

Post by stinger Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:25 am

Finally Naismith is officially sold to Norwich - 8m pounds is a nice price for hard working, but limited player with eye for goal who was signed for free.

If only Martinez would have guts to spend it on a new goalkeeper... Or someone would take McGeady and Gibson (especially former) from us as well.
    Also, I remember discussion here about McGeady when we were signing him - he proved to be totally useless (as I expected) and now Premier League teams don't want him and he doesn't want to go down to Championship. Nominal fee or not, it was really a poor transfer.

Norwich is very active in January, but I don't know half of their signings and I am wondering if Neil will be able to use them properly without preseason.

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:28 pm

I hope we don't give Spurs £14m for Townsend, it seems they won't negotiate at all, rejected £10m(also too much), rejected a loan, and it's £14m or nothing, for a player that their manager doesn't want. Bizarre stuff from Spurs, just sell the guy and let him get on with his career.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Byrum signs for West Ham.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Sounds like Gary Neville has finally sacrificed his credibility by trying to sign Jack Rodwell. Laughing
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Kimbo wrote:I hope we don't give Spurs £14m for Townsend, it seems they won't negotiate at all, rejected £10m(also too much), rejected a loan, and it's £14m or nothing, for a player that their manager doesn't want. Bizarre stuff from Spurs, just sell the guy and let him get on with his career.

That's peak Daniel Levy right there. If he gets 14million for Townsend he deserves a knighthood. I'd prefer to just see him take 10million personally, let him get on with it. He's always appeared to have a good attitude and really wanted to succeed at Spurs. That fall out with our fitness coach was largely blown out of proportion and not in character. By all accounts he's been willingly playing with the u21s and exemplary attitude at training is further evidence he deserves to be allowed to get his career back on track without haggling over a few million.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:33 pm

West Ham interested in Turkey's Yilmaz.
    stinger

Post by stinger Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Apparently Townsend is going to have a medical tomorrow at Newcastle. 12m pounds. Robbery.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:10 pm

Meanwhile, Villa are signing...an assistant manager from Rotherham. Hope he's got a few goals in him bounce
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 pm

stinger wrote:Apparently Townsend is going to have a medical tomorrow at Newcastle. 12m pounds. Robbery.

Joy of joys. We could do with a traditional winger for Mitrovic, i'm not sure if Townsend is the guy, and the fee is bullshit, but when you've fucked up royally and are going into February in the relegation zone you have to do stuff.

My ideal window would also involve McClaren("judge me on 12 games") leaving, a big CB coming in, Remy, a LB, and Colback being arrested by Mulder and Scully, how he is seen as an essential premier league midfielder is a true X File, I bet the smoking man is his agent. Shelvey is a good signing regardless of what people think of the fee, having a CM willing to pass forward is quite important.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:15 am

stinger wrote:Apparently Townsend is going to have a medical tomorrow at Newcastle. 12m pounds. Robbery.

That's $500,000 more than we paid for Christian Eriksen. FFS Levy lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:31 am

It's £14m less than you paid for Soldado.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:16 am

Fair play. You can have that one
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 28 Jerry-jones-reacts-to-arkansas-touchdown
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Palace have signed Adebayor on a free.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Palace have signed Adebayor on a free.

Put Pardew in charge of transfers they said, end up with Adebayor and Conor Wickham. Laughing

Could be clearing the way for Remy to come back though. Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:55 pm

Wtf

Chelsea's Ramires joins Jiangsu Suning in £25m move
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35422217

Can't say I rated him as much as some.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Fulham offered Ross McCormack, who is 29, a 3 year contract, at the end of which he would automatically take on a non-playing role... at the age of 32. He responded by handing in a transfer request.

lol!
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:06 pm

West Ham offered to take Yilmaz on loan, his club cheekily replied that they'd accept, if we loaned them Payet Laughing
    stinger

Post by stinger Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:40 am

Kimbo wrote:Wtf

Chelsea's Ramires joins Jiangsu Suning in £25m move
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35422217

Can't say I rated him as much as some.
    Decent workhorse with eye for the goal, but at the same time one of the less technically gifted players from Brasil I ever watched on this level.

Shocking to see fee like this for him, especially when I could imagine teams in China looking more for leaders (goalscorer, CM playmaker, CB, all with big names as possible) from foreigners contingent. Or maybe they are just getting anyone who can be persuaded to go there.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Joy of joys. We could do with a traditional winger for Mitrovic, i'm not sure if Townsend is the guy, and the fee is bullshit, but when you've fucked up royally and are going into February in the relegation zone you have to do stuff.

My ideal window would also involve McClaren("judge me on 12 games") leaving, a big CB coming in, Remy, a LB, and Colback being arrested by Mulder and Scully, how he is seen as an essential premier league midfielder is a true X File, I bet the smoking man is his agent. Shelvey is a good signing regardless of what people think of the fee, having a CM willing to pass forward is quite important.

Shelvey spraying passes out wide to Townsend to get in the box for Mitrovic is a good idea in theory.

If you want Townsend to supply decent service, play him on the left. Too selfish when on the right.

Good deal all round for Tottenham, Newcastle and the player IMO
    stinger

Post by stinger Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:52 am

Apparently we are poised to sign Oumar Niasse from Lokomotiv Moscow. Players from Russian Superleague (especially forwards) have poor records in Premier League, so spending 13.5m pounds on him looks like a huge, huge risk.

I also don't like the fact that we are getting a player from league with inflated transfer fees and wages.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:57 pm

We're getting one aswell, Doumbia, FM legend. The media also keep pushing this Berahino story, but not a single person thinks it's going to happen. I wish they would shut the f**k up because it's a bit embarrassing.

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Shelvey spraying passes out wide to Townsend to get in the box for Mitrovic is a good idea in theory.

If you want Townsend to supply decent service, play him on the left. Too selfish when on the right.

Good deal all round for Tottenham, Newcastle and the player IMO

I'm sure he'll be on the left, we don't really have anyone there, Wijnaldum is there on paper but obviously spends his time more central. Plus our LB has been Dummett so all our play has to come down the right. I'm hoping we're going to sign this Argie Lucas Orban.

I don't really know how all these players are going to fit in, but if McClaren gets us relegated after spending £80m it might be the biggest failure in premier league history.
    stinger

Post by stinger Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:10 pm

Doumbia at least has some CL experience (where he looked dangerous from what I saw, even if he was not profilic), plus has some experience playing for Ivory Coast as well. He seems to be a safer choice.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Sky sports claiming Newcastle have submitted a formal bid of 21 million for Berahino. Looks like they want both of them. Which is odd as they already have Mitrovic, Perez, Cisse and now Doumbia. They're doing a Liverpool trying to end the transfer window with 7 strikers it appears.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:43 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Sky sports claiming Newcastle have submitted a formal bid of 21 million for Berahino. Looks like they want both of them. Which is odd as they already have Mitrovic, Perez, Cisse and now Doumbia. They're doing a Liverpool trying to end the transfer window with 7 strikers it appears.

Cisse is injured, and beyond putrid shit. Perez is a strange one, he's our most talented footballer but doesn't really have a position, he's not a forward or a winger, he's possibly an AM, but then Wijnaldum has more end product. I also think Mitrovic needs to start even though he isn't scoring, his hold up play has been too important. I don't know what we're doing. ok

This Berahino stuff is bullshit, watch him go to Spurs while SSN jizz themselves over the drama, he's not coming here. It reminds me of when we were in for Rooney. I'm not sure he's even that good, I'd rather have a good CB and a LB.

Maybe we're doing our summer spending now because McClaren has fucked everything up, even though he claims we have been "tremendous".
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:53 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:Sky sports claiming Newcastle have submitted a formal bid of 21 million for Berahino. Looks like they want both of them. Which is odd as they already have Mitrovic, Perez, Cisse and now Doumbia. They're doing a Liverpool trying to end the transfer window with 7 strikers it appears.

Cisse is injured, and beyond putrid shit. Perez is a strange one, he's our most talented footballer but doesn't really have a position, he's not a forward or a winger, he's possibly an AM, but then Wijnaldum has more end product. I also think Mitrovic needs to start even though he isn't scoring, his hold up play has been too important. I don't know what we're doing. ok

This Berahino stuff is bullshit, watch him go to Spurs while SSN jizz themselves over the drama, he's not coming here. It reminds me of when we were in for Rooney. I'm not sure he's even that good, I'd rather have a good CB and a LB.

Maybe we're doing our summer spending now because McClaren has fucked everything up, even though he claims we have been "tremendous".

Peace appears to be an even bigger hard nosed c**t than Levy so would not surprise me if they accepted the bid to spite Levy. Whether Berahino is that desperate to get out of West Brom to join Newcastle at this time (given relegation risk plus the competition for places upfront) is another thing. There's no doubting Peace does not want to sell to levy/Spurs after the summer transfer debacle. Definitely leveraging this Newcastle bid and making it public so that we would have to match the offer at the very least and allow Berahino to go where he actually wants to go. I'm not sure we will do it though, not sure Pochettino is convinced we need him otherwise we'd have just done it by now just like we did with Son with minimal fuss.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Now there's talk of Stoke bidding for him. Laughing I bet he expected a high caliber of clubs to be in for him, he's like the average girl at the ball.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:12 pm

Can't believe how badly we've fucked up this transfer window. Ramirez signing aside.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:46 am