Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+61
Rafalution
Hlebagone
Rosicky
Fey
ads_afc
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
golsud
Luis
robert
Calidad
Cesc Soler
Dejan Savićević
Dwarf
DeLux
Ricardo Jol
The Easter Bunny
Since 1888
A & K
Oleguerisntthatbad
SuperMario
Romford Pele
Rez
Luso
Jaime
Sheffield gunner
debaser
Mistletoe.
DS
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Napoléon
BBR_vavavoom
SteveOoO
Nightwing
fcb
The Vermonster
Deano
The Pröfessör
La Saeta Rubia
TM
blutgraetsche
Machiavel
The-Frank-Tavern
Clergyman Superstains
Steveo
theflyingfrenchman
COTR
Parks lives
Roger Hunt
Hardrada
Pierre Littbarski
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
poiuy1
Keano Is God
Football Genius
Axeslammer
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
DD
Tom
Tweesus
65 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:27 pm

Hah.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:59 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:

Charlton new boy Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink says he is not sure whether Andriy Shevchenko has what it takes to succeed in the Premiership. (Daily Mirror)

Anyone got a link to these comments ?
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:09 am

Thursday's rumours:

Arsenal have told Real Madrid that they want £16.5m for winger Jose Antonio Reyes. (The Sun)

Reyes has begged manager Arsene Wenger to let him leave Arsenal to join Real for the sake of the 22-year-old's family. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are poised to bid for Brazil and Inter Milan striker Adriano as Ruud van Nistelrooy's replacement. (Various)

Chelsea will not be held to ransom by Arsenal over a deal for Gunners defender Ashley Cole. (Various)

Andy Reid looks set to leave Tottenham this summer, with Sunderland targeting the midfielder. (The Guardian)

Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge is in talks over a £3m switch to Newcastle. (The Sun)

Newcastle are poised for a £13m transfer splash for Bridge, Real Madrid midfielder Thomas Gravesen and Inter Milan striker Obafemi Martins. (Daily Star)

QPR want to sign Fulham striker Tomasz Radzinski on a season-long loan deal. (Daily Express)

Liverpool are closing in on Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt. (Daily Mirror)

Moroccan trialist Abderrahmane Mssassi will be given another week to see if he has a future at Dundee United after impressing in a run-out for the reserves. (Daily Record)

Derby want to sign Celtic midfielder Stephen Pearson, Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli on a season's loan deal and Southend striker Freddy Eastwood before the weekend. (The Sun)

Defender William Gallas, who failed to turn up for a pre-season tour of the United States, has stunned Chelsea by asking for a £90,000-a-week wages deal. (The Sun)

Gallas will not be in the squad for Sunday's Community Shield game against Liverpool. (The Independent)

Everton striker James McFadden is stalling over the offer of a new contract because his place in the team is far from guaranteed. (Daily Record)

Cameroon trialist Andre Bikey has been sent back to Lokomotiv Moscow after being dismissed for butting an opponent in a pre-season friendly. (Daily Star)

Southampton boss George Burley has warned the Premiership big guns to keep their hands off left-back Gareth Bale, 17, who has scored two wonder goals in a week. (Daily Express)

Ex-Arsenal winger Robert Pires has warned Villarreal team-mate Marcos Senna he will have to adapt to the battling atmosphere of the Premiership if the midfielder moves to Manchester United. (The Sun)

Oxford defender Eddie Anaclet, who faced Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday, believes the Portugal star may become a target on the pitch this season for his part in England striker Wayne Rooney's sending off in the recent World Cup. (The Sun)

Former Aston Villa manager Graham Taylor has questioned American billionaire Randy Lerner's motives for wanting to take over the club. (Daily Express)

The battle to take over Villa will intensify this week when businessman Michael Neville is expected to raise his offer for the club a little above the asking price of £64m. (The Times)

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is confident the departure of Hernan Crespo to Inter Milan will not weaken the Premiership champions' ability to score goals. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has pledged his future to the club. (The Sun)

Arsenal striker Theo Walcott has been axed from the senior England squad by new boss Steve McClaren and put into the under-21s. (Various)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:58 am

Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge is in talks over a £3m switch to Newcastle. (The Sun)

Bit cheap but would be a great move for the toon.
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Post by Hardrada Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Distinguished Dutchman wrote:

Charlton new boy Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink says he is not sure whether Andriy Shevchenko has what it takes to succeed in the Premiership. (Daily Mirror)

Anyone got a link to these comments ?

I saw them reprinted in one of the papers.

Didnt seem like he said much tbh.

Something like: "some players find it hard to play here because of the pace etc and he might take some time to adapt." Then the headline of the article is "JFH : Sheva will flop!" Rolling Eyes
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:36 pm

Tweedledum wrote:Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge is in talks over a £3m switch to Newcastle. (The Sun)

Bit cheap but would be a great move for the toon.

I think someone at Chelsea likes us. It'll probably only happen if you lot sell Cole though... so get ya arse into gear! pirat
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:38 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    I think someone at Chelsea likes us.

They can't see you as competition.... please knock them out of the FA Cup with goals from Duff and Bridge!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    I think someone at Chelsea likes us.

They can't see you as competition.... please knock them out of the FA Cup with goals from Duff and Bridge!

From what i hear Mourinho likes us because of Bobby Robson. He's always very complementary about the fans when he comes here. Top bloke. afro
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:50 pm

Yeah, I didn't think of that.

I agree, Bobby Robson is a top bloke. Wink
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:07 am

Ashley Cole may have to give up £1m if he wants his transfer from Arsenal to Chelsea to go through. (The Sun)

Tottenham boss Martin Jol will turn his attentions to Belgian left-back Thomas Vermaelen as he looks set to miss out on Chelsea's Wayne Bridge. (The Sun)

Thierry Henry is making a last-ditch bid to try and persuade Ashley Cole to stay at Arsenal. (Various)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich could help wrap up the move for Ashley Cole by upping the offer to nearer Arsenal's asking price. (The Guardian)

Andre Ooijer's move to Blackburn could fall through is PSV Eindhoven do not lower their asking price. (Independent)

Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves is a target for Manchester United. (Daily Mail)

Real Madrid have postponed talks over a news deal with David Beckham, whose current contract runs out at the end of the season. (D Express)

Dundee United have signed David Proctor from Inverness. (D Record)
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:02 am

Today's Man Utd rumour: Owen Hargreaves!

Yesterday it was Diarra, last week it was Senna, it just never stops. Given that the newspapers are mostly anti-Man U, they certainly take advantage of their name and profile to make up rumours to help them sell more.

Fucking leeches, the British Press. Most of them should be shot, and not just for their imcompetence and lying about football.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:32 am

Saints are you a closet Man Utd fan?
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:36 am

Closet?!?? lol!
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:30 pm

Lord Tweedledum wrote:Saints are you a closet Man Utd fan?

Nope, I support Southampton, and most North West clubs. I'm just as frustrated by bullshit written about Liverpool, Everton, Bolton, Wigan and so on. It just so happens that more bullshit is written about Man U than about any other club, both by their own supporters (who overuse 'redblood' and the like to the point of it being meaningless) and by their detractors (who have been saying since 1996 that Fergie is finished etc.).
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:34 pm

Saint, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you have Ryan Giggs 1999 FA Cup goal against Arsenal as your avatar for a while?
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:Saint, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you have Ryan Giggs 1999 FA Cup goal against Arsenal as your avatar for a while?

You don't have to be a Man United fan to appreciate a goal that good.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:11 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:Saint, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you have Ryan Giggs 1999 FA Cup goal against Arsenal as your avatar for a while?

I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about Arsenal, indeed about London clubs in general, and that was a fookin' amazing goal. I've also had Zidane's headbutt as my avatar, but I don't support Madrid or France.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:54 pm

There are plenty of better Le Tiss ones... Smile
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:35 pm

Roeder: New Signings Are Close
    http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~880746,00.html

GLENN Roeder says he is very close to bringing in new blood after seeing his Newcastle United side move a step closer to the UEFA Cup First Round with a victory over FK Ventspils in Latvia on Thursday night.

The Magpies boss spent much of his time in the Baltic state answering media inquiries about possible new signings.

One name he continues to be linked with is Inter Milan forward Obafemi Martins, and the Toon gaffer doesn't mind admitting he is a fan of the Nigerian starlet.

He said: "It's not going to be easy to get a player of Martins' quality to Newcastle but I do like him, and I don't mind saying that. I think it's fair for me to be able to say that.

"He is a player that I admire and we are looking at the situation at Inter Milan very closely.

"We haven't any information to give out public yet about that player nor any other player that we may be potentially close to signing.

"But we are close to signing two or three players and that could happen over the next seven to ten days."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intriguing. scratch
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:59 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:There are plenty of better Le Tiss ones... Smile

Sure, but I can't find .gifs of Le Tiss. I should just make my own...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:46 am

Spurs have offered Wigan Andy Reid and Danny Murphy plus cash for full-back Pascal Chimbonda. (Daily Star)

Real Madrid say they will complete the £14m transfer of Arsenal's Jose Reyes this week. (News of the World)

Aston Villa's Gareth Barry will join Harry Redknapp's Portsmouth this week for £4.5m. (The Mail on Sunday)

Portsmouth want Ajax striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. (The People)

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is on the verge of signing Celtic's Bulgarian midfielder Stilian Petrov for £5m. (News of the World)

Portsmouth are after Villarreal striker Diego Forlan. (News of the World)

Birmingham's David Dunn could be on his way to Man City. (Sunday Mirror)

Norwich goalkeeper Robert Green is to join Charlton. (The Mail on Sunday)

Middlesbrough have made a new move for Blackburn's Australian midfielder Brett Emerton. (News of the World)

Liverpool are interested in signing Germany and Werder Bremen forward Miroslav Klose. (The People)

Championship side Coventry City are after West Ham goalkeeper Stephen Bywater. (News of the World)

Derby's Spanish midfielder Inigo Idiakez is wanted by Championship rivals Leeds. (Daily Star)

QPR want Fulham's Tomasz Radzinski on a season-long loan. (Daily Star)

Chelsea are set to make a £10m offer for Argentina and Corinthians hitman Carlos Tevez. (News of the World)

West Brom manager Bryan Robson wants to sign Fulham's Canadian striker Tomasz Radzinski. (The People)

Man Utd expect to complete the £4m signing of Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna this week. (News of the World)

Blackburn's Australian defender Lucas Neill could join French side Monaco at the end of the season on a free transfer. (The People)

Real Madrid will offer Julio Baptista to Arsenal in another bid to land unsettled Jose Reyes. (Daily Star)

Chelsea are to offer Liverpool £15m for John Arne Riise. (Daily Star)

Leicester are after West Brom keeper Russell Hoult. (The People)

Ipswich striker Sam Parkin is being tracked by Championship rivals Preston, Derby and Coventry. (The People)

Liverpool's bid for Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt is off. (Sunday Mirror)

Man Utd want to off-load defender Patrice Evra, just seven months after his switch from Monaco. (Daily Star)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:47 am

The Klass Jan huntelaar to Pompey rumour is one of the most far-fetched I've ever seen!
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:49 am

Tweedledum wrote:The Klass Jan huntelaar to Pompey rumour is one of the most far-fetched I've ever seen!

surely this rvials it Smile
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:50 am

I admit thats a pretty good one too, but maybe its at least realistic though for a lot less.

KJH to Pompey would never happen EVER
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:31 pm

COTR wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:The Klass Jan huntelaar to Pompey rumour is one of the most far-fetched I've ever seen!

surely this rvials it Smile

...Especially now that he's cup-tied in Europe Doh
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Laughing its based on how we're playing you today
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Post by Hardrada Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:22 pm

It will happen.

I have never seen the Daily Star get anything wrong to date ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:46 am

Mondays Rumours

Chelsea will this week raise their offer for Arsenal's Ashley Cole to between £22m and £24m after being told their alternative left-back, Lyon's Eric Abidal, would cost almost as much at £21m. (The Independent)

Manchester United have scheduled further talks with Villarreal over the possible transfer of midfielder Marcos Senna to Old Trafford. (The Times)

Portsmouth striker Benjani Mwaruwari, who joined the club at the start of the year, is ready for a move to St Etienne. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham are taking Celtic winger Ross Wallace on trial. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are reported to be interested in Lyn Oslo striker Chinedu Ogbuke. (The Times)

Middlesbrough hope to sign Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin and Blackburn midfielder Brett Emerton in time for the first game of the season at Reading on Saturday. (Various)

West Ham are exploring other options for a winger after having a bid of £4.8m for Switzerland player Tranquillo Barnetta turned down by Bayer Leverkusen. (The Times)

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has pledged to further strengthen his squad before Sunday's Premiership opener with Chelsea. (The Guardian)

Brazilian club Corinthians have denied that Manchester United have made a bid for Argentine forward Carlos Tevez. (The Times)

Wolves keeper Tomasz Frankowski is up for sale. (The Times)

But Wolves are hoping to ward off interest in their left-back Lee Naylor, who is in the sights of Celtic boss Gordon Strachan. (Daily Record)

Goalkeeper Robert Green is set to join Charlton from Norwich this week, with Stephan Andersen going the other way. (The Sun)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:06 am

Ashley Cole ok
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea